Timberwise (UK) Ltd Reviews

93% of reviewers recommend Timberwise (UK) Ltd

About Timberwise (UK) Ltd: Timberwise have been caring for properties for over 50 years and have built a reputation for quality and professionalism.

We offer a range of solutions for: Dampness, Basement Waterproofing, Dry/Wet Rot, Woodworm and Condensation control.

• Approved by Which? Trusted Traders

hq@timberwise.co.uk

1 Drake MewsGadbrook Park

Tell us how Timberwise (UK) Ltd made you happy

"I found the quote somewhat misleading. I understood that the ground floor was to be treated, but was advised that it should be cemented as the woodworm issue would keep happening owing to poor ventilation. The top 2 floors of the house were treated, but the ground floor was left untouched. I queried this as the quote did not clearly state that the Ground floor would be left untouched. I did expect it to be included in the work. I paid the full amount before the work was completed and I'm not entirely happy with the level of communication."
"Incomplete survey. Very disappointed with this company. The surveyor did not enter the loft space. Report not worth the paper it’s written on. No response when I contacted to complain. Total rip off. Avoid like the plague."
"The work carried out was done efficiently on the day of treatment and everything explained as well as the gentleman being polite and tidy. Regard was shown to safety also and the guarantee certificate arrived promptly after payment .Timberwise have been a reliable company."
"The process was trouble-free from survey to completion. The surveyor did a thorough job and gave clear advice about what could be done. Arranging a date for the work was very easily done via a phone-call to (in our case) the Cardiff office, where the staff were very friendly and easy to deal with. The technician did the job very neatly and with the minimum of impact on our daily life. So far it seems to have been successful."
"Timberwise were very professional and efficient but also flexible as we were awaiting a completion date for the house before work could begin. The gentleman who came to do the work did an excellent job, very competent, efficient, polite and cleaned up well after his working day. Very impressed with that!"
"From the very 1st person I dealt with on phone through to Surveyer + works teams professional everyone of them. No hassle just good honest professional workers"
"Timber wise were very thorough and worked with us to get the job done the way we wanted it. Highly recommend"
"Good, efficient service from survey to completing the work"
"Easy to contact and quick to follow up my enquired. Explained the process, eg, survey, quote, then agree dates for treatment. Both Surveyor and gent who did the treatment. Wry helpful in explaining everything. A joy to have in the house!"
"Had a visit from your surveyor Sarah, who conducted the survey in a thorough and professional manner. She was very knowledgeable and explained each part of the survey to me. Was relieved that she didn’t diagnose rising damp or an infested roof timber, as a previous report had suggested. She looked at the bigger picture, considered the age of the house and what may have caused the minor issues she found. Her report was very comprehensive and illustrated with many photos. Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Timberwise,"
"I already posted a review when I paid."
"The surveyor came at the agreed time and was very polite and thorough and explained everything to us and answered any questions we had. On the agreed date the company sent a very efficient gentleman who worked well and replaced the bedroom floor leaving no mess at all and taking away all the rubbish with him. We were very pleased with the job and would recommend Timberwise without hesitation."
"Excellent customer service combined with woodworm treatment carried out on time and to budget."
"We booked in a survey as we feared that we may have woodworm in the floor of our living room and in the beams in the attic, and possible damp issues in the living room as well. Our surveyor, Craig, was just brilliant. He was thorough, very informed and easy to talk to. He advised that we don't have any live infestation, and no damp issues either. We were so relieved! We would definitely recommend Timberwise and should we need any work done in the future they will be our first choice. Thanks Craig."
"Today I had the pleasure of being visited by Robert Matthews (Bob) what a professional gentleman, instantly recognised the issue where others failed to! Has left me feeling hopeful that the work is going to be carried out to a high standard. Would whole heartedly recommend this company and once again a special thank you to Bob who was earlier than expected, fast, professional and an all round decent surveyor"
"A company with a good reputation counts for much in the damp-proofing field. I had four different quotes and four different conclusions but Timberwise's rang true and their suggestions for action I could take independently worked. A few months on, the treatment seems to have eradicated the damp, and the re-plastering was beautifully finished."
"Really good service from first contact to last contact . Really great"
"efficient service, everything was straight forward."
"When claiming on the guarantee for timber wise they made the process extremely timely and unprofessional. We were told that we had to send all documentation by post to the office which at first was not a problem. However, they do not tell you the £185 cheque you have to send aswell with it. Having done so, we were then told that the person ‘who deals’ with the process hasn’t attended the office and we would have to wait for our gurantee to be checked before we were even allowed to claim. Even though there was a hole in my floorboards, which was progressively getting worse, due to the woodworm. Timberwise refused to send anyone out to help until our documents had been looked over, which could take up to 6 weeks. Additionally, after this I would have to wait for a time to fix the problem, therefore it could take up to 2/3 months. Even though I have a hole in my flooring and I am unable to fix it myself without voiding the gurantee. Extremely disappointed having spent a substantial amount sorting out the problem beforehand."
"Timberwise were very efficient to deal with , completed the woodworm treatment on our property in a professional & timely manner and cleared up well afterwards."
Timberwise (UK) Ltd is rated 4.66 based on 174 reviews