The Wool Factory Ltd Reviews

The Wool Factory
5 Market PLace
Lincs

Tell us how The Wool Factory Ltd made you happy
I am a bit disappointed with my product at the moment. I have tried using the ball of wool suspended, but after a couple of turns, the magnetic connection fails and the unit drops off. Then I tried using the alternative way and placed the unit on the bottom, away from the magnet, and again after a few turns, the yarn snags up with the plate it is sitting on and resulted in me having to lift the ball of yarn off and pull the yarn free. I am using 50gram double knitting yarn, and have tried pulling from the centre of the ball, and the outside of the ball. Perhaps I am not used to the unit yet, but I had hoped it was going to be a lot easier than I find it. I would appreciate your assistance with my problem so that I can use the gadget for the purpose it is advertised at. Thank you for your time, Best regards, Catherine.
Previous orders have been received quickly but I still haven’t received my last order which was seemingly dispatched on 8th March so I can’t comment on the contents
Efficient service
The wool was great value and great quality, very very disappointed however that having paid for next day delivery on two orders at a total of £12 the wool took 2/3 days to arrive. The wool factories answer was to take this up with DPD. Not very satisfied with delivery, even though I would have been happy with a credit note towards this cost, no reply made.
Great products, delivery could be quicker. I also don’t seem to be earning my loyalty points and can’t view my previous purchase.
The parcel arrived quickly but I was very disappointed to discover that one of the balls of wool was not a full ball. I sent an email but have never received a reply
I am happy with the quality of purchased materials (Drops Wish yarns); I however placed an Order on 26th of December with confirmation of it being dispatched on 29th but it arrived on 07th of January:-((
parcel was slightly damaged as too much stuff packed into bag
I find the photos far too close to gauge the size of the wool and size of ball, you could do with zooming out to give perspective would help as all your wool looks the same Also, unless I can't see and mobile phone optimised option, all the print renders too small on a mobile phone to read easily.
I have ordered 2 items. The first was a pattern book which came through the post no problem. However the second was a single pattern which I chose to download and print at home. When I clicked on the link it took me to a site which required me to sign up to which I was not happy with. I have yet to download the pattern which I paid for. I emailed The Wool Factory regarding this but am still waiting for a reply.
Hi Glenys, thank you for your review. You should not of had to sign up to anything to get your PDF pattern. Just enter the password provided in the email to access it. Regarding your email we have responded and if you have not received this please check your spam or junk folder. Thank you
Received order within 2 days but was disappointed to find that they had invoiced but not sent one of the patterns I had ordered. I now have to contact them to rectify their mistake.
I felt the service was good but the product was not as expected, I ordered recylced aran wool which looks more like a double knit in thickness so is not suitable for the project i intended it for however will keep it as the wool itself is very nice.
Website easy to use and very helpful.
the wool was lovely the pattern however was not possible to download all i got was blank page no reply to my email won't be using this site again
Service good but product poor would not buy again.
It is lovely wool but I found it was very thin in some parts of the wool. It is not noticeable until a few rows have been knitted.
I went to your shop in Alford to buy some cotton knitting wool but I was disappointed as their was not a lot to look at and had to choose the wool on a tablet so the young girl could fetch it . But on a positive side the wool I purchased was very nice just a sham you have not got moor room
Hi Tina, Thank you for your review and our apologies that we could not provide the wow factor. We had to temporarily open our shop much smaller than previously while we arranged how we could open our shop back up to full capacity. We have now made our shop much larger again with a lot more choice on display. We still have a lot of work we want to do and we hope to have our shop back up to our high standards by the end of the month. We hope that you enjoy your purchase from us.
Price was competitive. Delivery was slow, 3 to 5 weeks I think it was. I feel the Aran wool was quite “stiff” for the toddler. Hence I normally buy from a shop where I can feel the wool. I did email about delivery thinking it was lost in post and did get a quick reply saying delay due to covid. Colour was same as advertised. Would I use this company again, I probably would if I could not shop buy.
Sorry to say not happy with the wool I bought only on the first ball and there are so many flaws in it, example thicker then fluffy bits, unhappy costomer and sorry you've lost a customer.
Hi Ethel, Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you was not happy with the yarn purchased. Unfortunately we don't manufacture the yarn and we don't know if yarns will have any flaws or faults until it is being used. We are always more than happy to accept any faulty balls back for full refunds. If you experience anything like this in the future please just email us at: sales@thewoolfactory.co.uk and we will be happy to resolve any issues that you may experience. Thank you
I am still waiting on delivery. It is taking a long time
The Wool Factory Ltd is rated 4.88 based on 6,505 reviews