The Wool Factory Reviews

The Wool Factory
5 Market PLace
Lincs

Tell us how The Wool Factory made you happy
It is lovely wool but I found it was very thin in some parts of the wool. It is not noticeable until a few rows have been knitted.
I went to your shop in Alford to buy some cotton knitting wool but I was disappointed as their was not a lot to look at and had to choose the wool on a tablet so the young girl could fetch it . But on a positive side the wool I purchased was very nice just a sham you have not got moor room
Hi Tina, Thank you for your review and our apologies that we could not provide the wow factor. We had to temporarily open our shop much smaller than previously while we arranged how we could open our shop back up to full capacity. We have now made our shop much larger again with a lot more choice on display. We still have a lot of work we want to do and we hope to have our shop back up to our high standards by the end of the month. We hope that you enjoy your purchase from us.
Price was competitive. Delivery was slow, 3 to 5 weeks I think it was. I feel the Aran wool was quite “stiff” for the toddler. Hence I normally buy from a shop where I can feel the wool. I did email about delivery thinking it was lost in post and did get a quick reply saying delay due to covid. Colour was same as advertised. Would I use this company again, I probably would if I could not shop buy.
Sorry to say not happy with the wool I bought only on the first ball and there are so many flaws in it, example thicker then fluffy bits, unhappy costomer and sorry you've lost a customer.
Hi Ethel, Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear that you was not happy with the yarn purchased. Unfortunately we don't manufacture the yarn and we don't know if yarns will have any flaws or faults until it is being used. We are always more than happy to accept any faulty balls back for full refunds. If you experience anything like this in the future please just email us at: sales@thewoolfactory.co.uk and we will be happy to resolve any issues that you may experience. Thank you
I am still waiting on delivery. It is taking a long time
I got delivered this morning by post I'm disappoint with few lilac fishnet buttons is broke in half.
I've always had lovely wool from you but my last order of 6x100grms of purple D.K ,two of the balls of wool had three & four joins which I've never had before.
Congratulations on the birth of your new baby. What a lovely end to a horrible year.x
I purchased 2 500gm balls and trying to crochet with it has been awful, asi pull the yarn from the middle i have spent at least an hour of my time un notting it as im crocheting along. Its the worst wrapped ball ive ever had. As for the quality of the wool its fine.
Cannot fault the products. However items were ordered 7/12/20 and were delivered 23/12/20. I sent two emails enquiring about the delivery no response. I realise with Christmas/COVID anything takes a bit longer but it would have been nice for an update.
,order number 96797/271120/43 . i still have not received my order .i have emailed you twice .4/12 and 15/12 to say i still not have received this pattern. your response was royal mail were taking up to 15days to deliver, well you can see given when the order was place this is now a month so either you send me another order or send me a refund
I haven’t received my order yet....
Late with order and wrong wool but put it right quickly
Hi I couldn't tell when I ordered what thickness the wool was going to be... I mayhmore closeup photos?
Wool is fab! But delivery shocking! Took over ten days! So am very disappointed as there was no communication from yourselves and I had to chase the order myself. My reason for using you was because I live at lincs coast for part of the year and I have been a previous customer , I felt I needed to support my local businesses. Try to reduce delivery times or communicate with customer it will make people much happier. We want you to do well! So all the best for the future. Regards Mary Hagin
Hi, Thank you for your review. Unfortunately orders are taking longer to arrive than usual, we can only apologise about this. We are trying our utmost to get orders dispatched as quickly as possible in these difficult times. We do state on our website that delivery is taking longer than usual. Please see here: https://www.thewoolfactory.co.uk/delivery-info-3-w.asp Unfortunately Royal Mail are under a huge amount of pressure and once an order leaves us it is in the hands of Royal Mail to deliver. They are facing staff shortages, huge demand and a number of restrictions due to covid. We are trying to operate the best we can and we are sure Royal Mail are trying to deliver as quickly as they can.
Nice wool but 2 chunky cream ordered are different shades despite having the same dye number
The customer service is excellent. I am however disappointed with the quality of the wool and the colour, off white just looks frankly grubby. Yes it was very inexpensive but I won't be using it. Sorry Woolfactory.
I am pleased with the wool, however I had the order come twice I did email you as you charged me twice andn you insist I ordered twice which I can not see why would I order twicw
Pleased with initial cost, delivery speed and quality , however although the first two balls were great and intact the second two seemed to have several strands either cut or had notted connections .
I was disappointed with the quality of two of the 5 balls of DK wool I recently ordered from you. 3 were fine, but thered was thicker and than the others and the Old Rose was a poor colour and more like Aran wool than DK.
The Wool Factory is rated 4.89 based on 4,926 reviews