The Panel Company Reviews

The Panel Company 5 star review on 1st June 2021
Sarah B
The Panel Company 5 star review on 1st June 2021
Sarah B
Terrible experience with this company. Ordered some shower panels for my customer after a week I had to chase my order continuously. No care what so ever by the company. I was told three stories, one my order was coming the next day, two it was in transit but lost then finally they come clean and said my panels wasn't in stock. Bearing in mind I had taken the bathroom out and was waiting for the panles as promised. The only good point was they refunded my £440 very quickly. I never write reviews but this was a Nightmare.
Hi Kg, You contacted us 5 working days after placing your order to chase it up. Your order was dispatched with our courier, Once it has left us we no longer receive notifications of its whereabouts. It is not because we "don't care" but rather because we don't have a need to unless a customer contacts us. When you spoke to use your order was marked for a delivery the next day. the next time we made contact with you once we checked the tracking again it was marked that the courier had "lost it in transit" Which is unfortunate and we do apologise for that we tried to rectify this by resending your order unfortunately you had ordered a popular panel and we were awaiting more stock. This was not a fact of us lying to you and never having stock. Once you place your order the stock is removed from our site and immediately marked up in our warehouse. Unfortunately these were lost by our courier which is out of our hands. However you did find an alternative supplier and you were refunded immediately. Given the circumstances that the issue occured out of our hands, and we done our best to help you, we feel 1 star is a bit harsh. Regards, The Panel Company
First delivery I had sent out half of the order was missing and the panelling was left in my front garden so I finally got hold of someone and they said someone would ring back but didn’t hear anything, phoned to be told they will resend the items, my items turned up a few days later once again left in my front garden in the rain and went to install two days later and all four panels were damaged so I now have a bathroom suite with no panelling 😡. Save your money and shop around
Hi, Due to us not having one of our own vans in the area your order was sent with our courrier, Unfortunately once we dispatch the order the rest of the journey is out of our hands. We can not be responsible for a delivery company's actions. When our customers have a bad experience with their delivery we will try our best to resolve it. i can see that a refund was processed for your order. Unfortunately due to the size of the item and the fact it cannot be stacked we are limited to which courier we use and sometimes have to deal with the issues that arise by using them. Usually the only reason they would be left outside is if the driver deemed it safe and there was no one home. Many Thanks The Panel Company
Terrible delivery and customer service experience. When your driver delivered the panels he pushed the house front door in a way that the hinge came off and then he left me there struggling holding the door and didn’t help to put it back, telling me it was not his fault. In the end I have to call a neighbour as it was too heavy to do it on my own. Your driver didn’t even stop to check that the delivery was correct as he said he couldn’t park which it was a lie as there were spaces at the bottom of the street I kept asking him to park to check the delivery order but he kept telling me to walk to his van (that was stop blocking the road) to discuss it. All this as I was holding the front door on my own to stop falling. He then he swear at me and drove off leaving me struggling with the door and with the delivery unchecked. Then I received a call from your company. The person on the phone was really defensive and he ended hanging the telephone on me. I then tried to call your customer services and after waiting 15 minutes listening to the automatic message “your call is very important to us” the call cut off. A terrible experience. Never again.
Thankyou for ignoring my phone calls regarding an order placed 7days ago ?Lindsay Scott of Stonehaven paid for the order and got no confirmation regarding delivery. So could you please let me know asp when I will get materials. Have dealt with you before and never been let down so please can you let me know when to expect delivery. Edward Tayl
Ordered 2 weeks ago and received confirmation email. Nothing heard since. Sent email to ask when my delivery would be, received auto reply saying be patient, dispatch date could be up to 7 working days after order. Tried telephone line, no reply so gave up after 10 minutes.
Hi - I do apologise that no one has been in touch with you regarding your order, I have forwarded this onto the main customer service team and someone will be in touch with you very shortly.
I ordered just over £400 worth of panels 5 days ago and not received any updates for delivery. I tried calling and could only leave a voicemail, no reply and my bathroom fitters are waiting to install the panels.
Hi Edward, You ordered on Monday the 19th July, your Panels were delivered to you on Monday the 26th. This is within our "5 day dispatch". If i could also draw your attention to the section on our delivery page that clearly states. "We highly recommend that if you are not fitting the panels yourself, you arrange a fitting service after the panels have arrived at the delivery address and have been checked over for damages." This is in place to prevent the situation of fitters arriving before your panels. Many Thanks, The Panel Company
Awful... ordered to much and asked to return it but when they finally got back to you. You can return it and they offered you only half your money back. Then again as one review mentioned you have to pay for packaging so your not getting a full refund. They would make there money as they can re sell it eventually at full price. Awful company no quick communication between you either
Hi Lee, Unfortunately, we are unable to offer a full refund on an item that was ordered in excess or for buyer error. If this is the case the customer must pay for the shipping and ensure the product is packed correctly to ensure no damages. We also charge a 20% restocking fee. The main reason behind this is because in 99% of cases we are unable to resell them. This can be because we no longer stock the batch which means if a customer orders them and needs extra we can not supply them. if we are able to resell them we also need to assign staff time to ensure the products are in 100% condition when returned back to us which due to the journey they have had they usually are not. We then have to sell these panels in our branches at a reduced price marked "used" usually with more than the 20% off we ask of you. We work to the highest of standards to provide our customers with the highest quality panels in brand new condition we would not expect our customers to receive anything less. All our items are packed from the manufacture the only packaging we have is to protect them in transit, so we can not just "repack them and sell them". Unfortunately under the current circumstances, we have had to reduce the amount of staff in our branches and customer services department. Therefore it may take longer than usual to get a response we do apologise for this and we are working our best to improve it while staying within guidelines.
Awful service. Can't speak to anyone. I get a text message saying delivery between 1145-1245, then text messaged saying now between 10-11am. Waited till 1230. Missed work for this. I advised on order to call me prior. Nothing. Useless id buy elsewhere in future. Really annoyed and angry!
I do apologise that we were unable to meet your requirements on this occasion. Our routing system offers real time updates. You will receive a message the night before with your time. then during the course of the day if the driver hits traffic or a road block for example, you will be messaged a new time. We rely on our drivers to follow delivery notes which 99% of the time they do. I'm sorry on this occasion they did not contact you as requested. We still hope you are happy with your panels if not please do contact us and we will do our very best to make it better.
Do not order too much from this company as you can’t return it! We ordered two shower panels didn’t need one and costs as much to send it back! So disappointed!
Hi, Unfortunately your review is not a accurate representation of our company. We 100% allow customers to return items to us. We have to ask a restocking fee as we have to put the time and work in to ensure those panels are 100% brand new and can be resold which usually they are not due to the journey they have been on. this then means we have to sell them at a reduced price which is usually more than the 20% restocking fee we ask of you. It is the customers job to arrange shipping unless we have one of our vans in the area who can collect for you. Alternatively it can be returned to a branch by the customer which wipes the cost of return shipment. We have various guides on our website to ensure that the customer correctly measures their room to ensure they have the correct amount of boards and prevent excess ordering.
Ordered samples of VOX PVC panels, very disappointed with the quality of these panels. These can be crushed easily if your not careful. Plastic is very thin walled and very flimsy and not worth the price they are sold for.
I'm sorry you were not impressed with the panel samples you received. The Vox panels have been professionally designed with the flexibility and amazing print quality in mind. The extra flexibility in the panels ensures an easy fit for any DIYer. Once attached to the wall they are 100% solid and robust as are any of our panels. Unfortunately samples due to their size are not a true representation of the whole panel and more to give the customer an idea on the print. However it would be unviable to ship full size panels as samples. As you are unhappy with your sample nevertheless if you email us your order number we can refund the £1.99 you paid for them.
Ordered a panel 5 Feb, waited over a week and then called they said they had packaging problems, following Friday was told it was being sent that Monday, that Wednesday I called to ask for update, was told it was out for delivery, Friday still no panel, so called them at 3pm to be told it was with courier and will arrive before 6, now Saturday morning, still no panel, panel company are not answering phone and plumber has had to be postponed a second time. So basically they just lied ro me on the phone and now are not answering calls.
Take your money then don’t answer any calls, emails or voicemails. Then tell you 4 weeks later it’s out of stock. Do not use these guys
Non existent customer service from the start... I rang for advice,before ordering (twice) and twice did not receive the promised call back. I ordered anyway. The day before the delivery I got a voice message call saying the wrong colour panel was on the van & would I accept it anyway ? I looked at it & called back 3 times, leaving message saying I didn't want it & also sent an email to the same effect saying each time that I wanted a full refund if they couldn't give me my order. The delivery still arrived with the wrong panels & I sent it away. I spent hours sourcing new panels with another company & arranging a price match & the right panels arrived the next day,but I had lost my builder due to the delays & my project has ground to a halt. It took 2 days for them to refund my credit card even though I told them it was on it's limit & was urgent for my project. The new company processed the refund on my price match in less than an hour because it's that easy if you actually do customer service.. I lost 4 hrs NHS support work & wages sorting this out too.. I would not recommend...
Poor customer service during this Covid pandemic. My 74year old mother left with damaged panel that she couldn’t check till I eventually got to her home to check for her. They won’t replace. Won’t be using them again. Was just about to order another 8 panels to do my own house. Found another company to supply my needs. Definitely avoid the panel company.
Hi - I have been informed that you had placed your order on the 4th December and the panels were in fact for yourself not your 74 year old mother (they were just delivered here). Our website clearly states that any damages should be reported within 24 hours of delivery. We are normally quite lenient with our customers and would usually allow up to a month to report a damage. With it being nearly two months the panels could have been damaged within your care or knocked whilst sitting in the home.
10 days now and still waiting for my sample pack that I’ve payed postage for,despite e mails to them my customer has now said forget it we will get them from a different source
If can not even get your sample. You email them and don’t get a email back. Then you call them and they tell you to email someone else. Still no samples. 👎🏻
Very poor communication about delivery. They never reply to emails and after waiting for a delivery to arrive I didn't even get a courtesy call to explain why they didnt get to me! I Wont be using this company in the future.
Quick delivery...Funny! Great service...Not at all!! Ordered Panels 21st Oct 2020. Nice and easy online. Phoned them 27th Oct to be told that our panels had just come in as they had to order them in especially for us. Couldn’t tell us when they would be delivered as they hadn’t sorted out their delivery route yet. Phoned 5th November, again told that our panels had just been delivered to them and would be delivered by 10th Nov. 9th Nov, we phoned again as we hadn’t had any communication from them confirming delivery. Got told ( this lady was really very helpful and honest with us ) they only had 4 of the 6 panels we had ordered. We now need to see if we can get the panels from elsewhere delivered this week.
Ordered two white gloss panels which arrived promptly but the surface had rough impurities. Substandard quality. Couldnt get a delivery company to return because of size and they wouldnt collect. Would not use again.
Items were received in timely manner. Checked that boxes were not damaged which they weren’t. Didn’t open boxes until flooring was about to be laid and found that the at least 7 panels were damaged. Cost a lot of money for something that is of no use. Company were not interested as not reported within 24 hours, would not recommend them as not interested if outwith the 24 hours period - get out clause.
The Panel Company is rated 4.54 based on 528 reviews