Old Railway Line Garden Centre Reviews

of reviewers recommend Old Railway Line Garden Centre
Email, Live Chat, Telephone
Read Old Railway Line Garden Centre Reviews

About Old Railway Line Garden Centre:

The Old Railway Line Garden Centre is a family run, independent Garden Centre, Farm Shop and Restaurant combined, offering the very best gardening, home and outdoor living products alongside delicious, fresh, locally produced food and drink.

The garden centre is situated in the heart of the picturesque Wye Valley, nestling at the foot of the Black Mountains with outstanding views of the Brecon Beacons and surrounding Radnorshire Hills.

marketing@oldrailwaylinegc.co.uk

Old Railway Line Garden CentreThree Cocks

Tell us how Old Railway Line Garden Centre made you happy
The David Austin rose bush I ordered, although healthy in itself, was badly packaged in a box that was far too small. It had bent and broken stems which I had to cut off leaving only half the buds it originally had. I had to keep it as I needed that particular variety Gertrude Jekyll as a birthday gift and was short of time. I was refunded the postage and subsequently only 10% for the damage when I complained again. I was very disappointed and will not be ordering again.
I purchased two lavenders last week which were in the outside area of the garden centre- I therefore presumed they were hardened off which proved not to be the case at all. Left outside overnight they succumbed to a frost and Ive had to put them in my greenhouse to try to revive them. Disappointing.
Long delivery and delivery charge too high for weight and type of item
plant poorly packed and completely crushed .Good customer service receiving a 20% discount and to contact them again if it dies.
Very young plants were sent out. The Delphiniums were extremely flimsy/floppy when they arrived and haven't really improved since. The Clematis only have one stem emerging from the pot and are very small so I am not expecting much from them this year (or next) which is a shame So I have actually gone out and bought 2 of the same from my local Garden Centre that were cheaper and with lots of stems and more emerging from the base - far more established. On the whole I am very disappointed and won't be buying from yourselves in future.
One of the plants was very poorly packed and looks like it will not survive . J williams
Lovely plants but had been sent so dry and shaken up in transit that most of the compost had come out of one pot and several leaves broken off. A bit disappointed, poor courier service let them down.
After order confirmation email, no further email confirming delivery date and who the carrier would be. I had to phone you to find out when my order was to be delivered. This is standard practice for online orders that's why I have scored you low on customer satisfaction. Hope this helps. Regards David Saltern
I’m afraid to to say the plants I ordered were not packaged very well and didn’t arrive in a good state
Still waiting for my palm plant!! Didn't arrive with rest of order last wk!
I can’t comment on the quality of service of the old railway line garden centre. What I can say is that by using Hermes as a courier won’t help get a positive rating. 10 days after placing my order, my goods are still with Hermes, and they aren’t even out for delivery from them at the time of writing. This is unacceptable, and is in line with the dreadful slowness of Hermes I’ve experienced all through the COVID lockdown. Please use another courier!
Still waiting on order.
Had many positive shopping experiences at Old Railway Line, however on this occasion the "click and collect" protocols, meant that I could not view my purchases until I got home to Merthyr Tydfil. The bulbs were of poor quality and quantity and to date show no signs of flowering, and represent poor value for money.. This will not deter me from future visits the the Garden Centre and I hope you view my comments as being constructive. Regards Peter Lewis
Spent £217 on two apes one was broken was picked up seven days ago and have had no communication as to when they are sending me out another one, sent email and as yet had no reply. Will not be using this garden centre again.
Unfortunately my gift did not arrive in time for a birthday present as the postage was incorrect.
the goods came and were all broken - looked like they had been sent out before and returned previously, or had been in your stock for a very long time
Very pleased with product and delivery. Thought the postage charge quite steep, about a third of the clock price
it took a week to receive 3 packets of seeds ordered online
Ordered something online at weekend. On Monday phoned to say item was actually unavailable. Refund was swift though.
Stock levels on site didn’t reflect what was actually available to send which meant over half my order wasn’t delivered. The postage costs for such a light small parcel were eye wateringly steep and cost more than the order itself. That being said the items that arrived were of good quality and value and there were at least attempts to sort the matter out even if wasn’t entirely to my satisfaction.
Old Railway Line Garden Centre is rated 4.80 based on 4,340 reviews