The MOLE Clinic Reviews

of reviewers recommend The MOLE Clinic
Read The MOLE Clinic Reviews

About The MOLE Clinic:

The MOLE Clinic is the UK's leading independent skin cancer screening and mole removal clinic, caring for 40,000 patients annually. Consultant-led, the clinic offers same-day appointments from 6 central London locations including Harley Street. Services start at just £50.

The MOLE Clinic is BUPA & AXA PPP recognised, approved by the British Skin Foundation and accredited by the Skin Health Alliance. It is also a Patient Safety Award winner.

reception@themoleclinic.co.uk

9 Argyll Street

I was surprised by how superficial the visit was. one generic information about moles and sun exposure was offered, but I felt that the whole exercise was a 25-minute box ticking, and no more. When I asked to have a mole checked on my head, for example, I was told that 'we don't do that', and only after pin-pointing it was it eventually looked at. Also felt that all the chat during the inspection meant that several bits (e.g. on upper arm) were missed, which I then had to ask to have checked. Overall, not at all worth the time or money.
Thank you for reviewing our service and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.

Our screening nurses provide information regarding moles and sun exposure to help clients prevent future skin cancers and this aspect of our service is appreciated by most of our clients. Moles located on the scalp and obscured by hair are generally excluded from our assessment due to lack of access and visibility. Our screening nurse's notes indicate that all of your visible moles were assessed for skin cancer without issue during your screening.

Whilst our award-winning service is highly effective in the early detection of life-threatening skin cancers, and highly rated by the vast majority of our clients, we are always keen to consider ways of further enhancing the service. If you have any specific suggestions in that regard please do contact me directly as these would be most welcome.

Kind regards, Iain Mack, Founder & MD. (iainmack@themoleclinic.co.uk)
Nurse unprofessional, told stories and made jokes about other clients. Nurse didn't know about research in the area, and didn't seem keen to answer questions. One mole referred on, got the feeling she wouldn't have referred it if we hadn't pointed it out to her. Worried she may have missed something; not a pleasant experience.
I have only been to the clinic once and I had an examination with a nurse who was very good and made me feel at ease. The reception staff on the other hand were very unprofessional. Gossiping in front of clients in a very small office is not very appropriate. During my exam it was suggested that I had a photo sent off for one of my newer moles. I agree to this and paid the fee.
This was now nearly a year ago and I have not had any feedback out contact from the clinic, despite sending two emails and calling a couple of times.
I actually live outside the uk at the moment and so wanted to check everything out before leaving. I am still unsure if any of my moles are problematic.
At first I recommended the service to friends. But after not getting any results and no one answering my emails I have since suggested elsewhere. If anyone had any results for me I'd like to know them.

Claire Douglas
Thank you for your review and for complimenting our screening nurse.

I apologise that our reception staff could be overheard and have taken steps to ensure this does not happen again.

I can confirm that your report was emailed to you the day after your consultation and apologise that you did not receive it or a replacement. A replacement has now been issued and we will contact you separately to ensure you receive it.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Kind regards