The Flash Centre Reviews

98% of reviewers recommend The Flash Centre
"Items available from stock and priced competitively, prompt dispatch and delivery"
"Item in stock and delivered quickly at a competitive price. Can’t ask for more!"
"The three 'ables' reliable, knowledgeable and likeable! I always go the TFC first."
"As a photographer in Portugal I have found The Flash Center to be excellent, not only with the products in their inventory, but with the excellence of their customer service, including their after-sales service. Their professionalism is outstanding."
"If you are going to charge people nearly £7:00 for delivery don’t make them 1.ring dad and you several times to try and arrange a alternative postal address 2 send emails saying your delivery has been cancelled x2 when it hasn’t 3.tell customers they do not have the option of an pick up point - I recently alterEd a package to be picked up at homebase £900 not an issue 4 a,tear the address to work and then get notified it’s cancelled ring u but really it hasn’t been 5 work is manned 24 hrs per day at the address I gave u.....the delivery driver took a lovely picture of the office door where 6 ft behind that open door was a man I had arranged to except the delivery even with my home tele number 6 thus had to redirect again and use my lunch hr to pick up the parcel from their hub. JUST GIVE U THE OPTION TO DROP AT THE DROP SHOP"
Hi Andrew, Mike here, the manager and owner at TFC. I'm sorry to hear you had a negative experience. Whilst it is always hard as a business owner to hear negative feedback, I always try to look at it as an opportunity to improve service for future customers and with that in mind I'd like to thank you for your honest feedback.

When it comes to changing delivery addresses. Unfortunately, we had to remove this feature because of a number of high-value fraudulent orders we had, where fraudsters were using this tactic to divert packages away from the billing address without us knowing. This, unfortunately, has cost us quite a lot of money and as a small business, we just couldn't afford the cost of this. It is a real shame that we had to remove this feature because of a few bad apples, but if in future you need an address change I'd be happy to assist you with this personally as I can change the address my end (I have contacted you privately so you have my personal email).

As a rule, we always aim to have orders delivered next working day and set ourselves a very worst case delivery time of 3 working days. Unfortunately, the change of address here has delayed your parcel by a day, but the item still would have arrived on time had the courier actually attempted to delivery the item rather than just driving past and taking a photo. This is totally unacceptable and I will personally be taking it up with our courier as a matter of urgency. Please accept my sincere apologies on behalf of DPD, and if you would prefer us to use another courier for any future orders, we do offer two other courier options (TNT & Parcelforce) that you can choose from if you are having issues with your depot/driver.

If you have any further feedback for me I'd be very happy to discuss in more detail with you, please feel free to call me on 02078375649.

I hope that this isolated incident has not permanently dented your view on our service which we work really hard to perfect and that you might give us another opportunity in future to get an order to you exactly where you need it when you need it, possibly with an alternative courier this time.

Apologies again for the inconvenience, and I hope you have a lovely week.

Mike
"I have known this company for many years and made several purchases in that time. No problems whatsoever. Five star rating."
"Customer service has always been exceptional. Many thanks."
"Item needed to be ordered and flash centre advised me of this as I had an up-coming function. Was told it would be there in time and it was."
"Fabulous service!!"
"Excellent service"
"Very pleased to be notified of delivery problems with pleasant apology from management, doesn’t cost anything but achieves a lot!"
"Really fast and reliable service."
"Fast delivery, the goods were well packed."
"A great price and a quick delivery.I can't fault you on that but I am knocking it down a star as the packaging was way over the top. It was a Benro tripod which was already nicely packaged in its own box. This was then sent in a huge box with yards of bubble wrap and those plastic air pillows, not very environment friendly packaging at all. All it needed was some brown paper wrapped around the Benro box. Come on guys think about the planet when you send things out :-)."
Hi Jonathan, thanks for the feedback. When shipping we always like to place products in an outer box because unfortunately, the couriers can sometimes be a bit rough with the deliveries. The last thing we want is an item to arrive dented and potentially damaged, so we don't wrap things in paper we will always box it. The box we used for your order was unfortunately the smallest we had available at the time. In terms of our environmental commitment:

- Around 50% of the packaging we use is re-used from other deliveries (in your case it was new packaging though).
- We reuse as much padding material in our boxes as we can, and anything we can't re-use gets recycled.
- All the packaging materials we use are recyclable
- We only buy in bio-degradable packing chips

Apologies that you felt the packaging was overkill, we would, of course, be immensely appreciative​ if you could pop it in the recycling.
"I've always had excellent service from the Flash Centre. We have lots of studio flash equipment, and I just wouldn't go anywhere else if I wanted anything new or our current equipment needs repairing. The level of advice and expertise is second to none, always making sure you have what you need and being totally fair in how you are dealt with."
"Found the service very good. Package and postage more expensive than other firms I’ve used but overall good."
Thanks for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated and we will take it into consideration. At this current time, we offer free delivery on orders over £150. We do use couriers that provide pre-delivery text slots so when receiving a delivery you know when to be in. These couriers are a touch more expensive than the alternatives, but we hope it's worth it for the service benefits.
"Great product, good price and prompt delivery. Thankyou."
"The flash centre is definitely my go to supplier for lighting and other photographic equipment. They are super helpful. I know that if I needed any advice or help getting anything setup that I could ring them and they would be only too happy to help."
"Knowledgeable and friendly staff"
Thank you so much for the positive review and the kind words. How can we go the extra mile and get five stars next time? Any feedback to improve customer service would be greatly appreciated.
The Flash Centre is rated 4.85 based on 62 reviews