The Appliance Depot Reviews

Diane
The Appliance Depot 5 star review on 27th January 2018
Kay
The Appliance Depot 5 star review on 24th May 2017
Well, I don't know why the other reviews are so bad and to be honest I was a little apprehensive about buying from The Appliance Depot after reading the reviews. However, I have to say that we were very pleased indeed! The Appliance Depot had a great range at the cheapest prices, and what's more; Laura was just amazing! We, on the other hand, were a real pain in the backside; changing our mind after ordering online and choosing another item, bringing that one home to find it was too big, returning it to swap for another, and all through this Laura was polite, patient and very understanding, even though they were short-staffed over the bank holiday weekend and we made lots of extra work! The items were listed as box damaged and will be re-boxed for transport. However, they came in the original boxes and to be honest; it was hard to see any damage to the box at all! The ovens inside were immaculate, complete with all original packaging, protection and manuals, and once we (finally) decided on the right oven for us, we are very pleased with it. So, thank you Appliance Centre, but most of all; Thank You Laura! If your boss reads this, he should give you a pay rise! If you carry on with the excellent customer service you displayed with us, it won't be long before there are plenty of positive reviews to more than counterbalance the previous bad ones! All the best, Ian
My telephone call to The Appliance Depot concerning a microwave purchase was dealt with in a friendly, efficient way. The subsequent Order Confirmation, Invoice and Delivery arrangements were all handled promptly and helpfully.
Appalling service. Broken oven door the company does not take items up to your home above 5 steps ??? He left fridge and oven and cooker at bottom of stairs??? I don't live on the stairs my home is on 2nd floor. When they brought new replacement oven they would not help carry the oven, would not even loan us the 2 wheeled trolly to take to our flat. We had to get friends to come and get the broken appliance from our home give it to the man who stayed in the back of his van in our car park. Then he gave us the new oven!!! To carry ourselves, appalling customer service,do not be fooled once you pay they no longer care. And now my £499.00 Bosch Fridge broken I lost all our food in freezer, I wait now 4 days for Bosch engineer to come. Bad experience all round...G. Galganska
Extremely pleased with our graded Smeg fridge / freezer. Our telephone calls were handled with skill by friendly, well informed staff. Our appliance was short of a foot and had sustained slight damage to each side panel. We had to wash the drawers as the appliance had been used - no problem. We paid a very low price for a slightly damaged top rate machine. And the delivery driver from Palletways (Bradford depot) could not do enough to help us. Extremely satisfied and we would not hesitate to use The Appliance Depot again!
Great customer service! They call me just a few hours after my order to get the delivery sorted. Th day before delivery, they mentioned to me that my new fridge was unfortunately dented. They sent me pictures for me to evaluate and offered a fair discount on the product as it wasn't brand new anymore. On the day of the delivery I received a text 30 minutes before which confirmed the time provided the day before. The delivery man was kind to make sure I was happy and offer to unwrap the product for me. This is really top star customer service. I will use this company again for my future purchases!
The worst one ever, no after sale customer services
I buy many graded electric appliances online from many different suppliers for rental properties, which have all been brilliant with only the tiniest scratch or dint. Unfortunately, I thought that is what I would receive from Appliance Depot, but they provided an absolutely appalling service and product. They delivered a large integrated microwave oven, which had a flimsy bubble wrap on the outside of the oven door, which could easily have been removed for checking prior to delivery. When I removed the flimsy bubble wrap and opened the oven door, the inside of the oven had completely melted and the glass had shattered, caused by a very serious electric problem which had caused the interior to reach a massively high temperature. When I reported the problem, the response was firstly it is a "graded appliance, if you want to return it you can" I was shocked and sent photos and asked for the oven to be picked up. There was a week wait, then I received a phone call at 7pm saying the oven would be picked up at 6am the following day. We work late at night and had to be awake by 5:30, to check it was okay to be picked up. I waited a week but received no refund. When I phoned to ask about the refund, I was told staff had been on holiday and unable to process the refund. There should be a zero stars rating for this experience. At no point did I receive an apology for the appalling service and product.
Very efficient couldn’t fault the service
No pic of the appliance available when ordering so you have to take on faith. When it arrives (Fridge-Freezer) and is so badly dented no-one would want it in their kitchen. Be aware they will refund your money but take £50 for admin and the delivery charge!! Bit of a con really as if we had had a photo of the damage before ordering we simply would never have bought it!
We bought a Samsung American fridge/freezer through Jess at a very keen price, and it was delivered yesterday. I must say the driver went out of his way to meet the challenge of getting the appliance into our cottage-style property. It was an extremely tight squeeze but we managed it with some ingenuity and plenty of muscle! How refreshing at a time when so many companies are providing shoddy service (and hiding behind COVID as an excuse. Many thanks again.
Excellent product and service. Very impressed with the company.
Quick Response to my query about a Refurbished Appliance
Polite informative and quick
“You get what you pay for” best summarises my experience with the Appliance Depot. To avoid congestion charges, they only deliver between 6:00-6:30 AM (!!!) to central London addresses - but conveniently forget to mention this when orders are placed online. I ordered two items from the Appliance Depot (cooking hood / single oven). Both came with insufficient, unprofessional packaging, and the cooking hood was damaged as a result. I had to contact the manufacturer for repairs - nightmare. Avoid this company.
Great prices, best I could find ! The service has been excellent, very helpful and totally efficient. Within an hour or so of placing my order they contacted me to arrange delivery so now all done. Definitely recommend.
Easy, uncomplicated transaction. excellent pricing. highly recommended.
excellent products at a very affordable prices!
The fan on this oven is far too noisy - noticeably so! You can’t even have a conversation at the dinner table as it takes over an hour to switch off I purchased mine via John Lewis - and neither they nor smeg will own this ‘design flaw’ - even though they’ve seen the reviews, admit they are working on a solution for a new model, yet happily continue to sell this model without recalling it
We are a returning customer. First class customer service and a great selection of products.
This company has ticked all of the important boxes for me; top end goods at absolutely fabulous prices, clear and informative website, excellent customer service and quick delivery. I found this website by accident. The Bosch washing machine that I wanted was out of stock everywhere else. The small dent highlighted on the website pictures was even less noticeable when it was actually delivered to me and on the side, now under the counter, so won’t be seen anyway. With the 10% discount this graded brand new machine worked out to be around half the price it would have been had I bought it non graded from another supplier. The Appliance direct delivery guy bought the machine as far into the house that he could fit it with his trolley. I’m now in washing heaven and hope the new machine lasts at least 15 years, as my previous machine did.
The Appliance Depot 5 star review on 27th April 2021
Great service, great prices as always. Very happy!
The Appliance Depot is rated 4.62 based on 435 reviews