The Appliance Depot Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend The Appliance Depot

Tell us how The Appliance Depot made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
"I was after a particular cooker hood that was a discontinued item. Appliance Depot had one listed as B Grade. I enquired whether the item had any damage or missing parts and was told as far as they know no but it arrived with damage in 3 separate areas - the most noticable damage was to the chimney section where the metal was crinkled. Didn't get a reply when I emailed them about it. The item works ok as the damage is only cosmetic."
Hi Rich, please do give us a call on 0116 2789 741 anytime from 9am to 5.30pm to discuss this. Many thanks.
"The first oven arrived in pieces and they were very good at this point in sorting it out my refund as they didn't have a replacement. I eventually bought a different oven and used a bank transfer after discussing what had happened with John the manager. However I never received an invoice or receipt which I had on the previous purchase, presumably because it was over the phone and not through their online system. Everything was delivered Ok and worked for a while but then it developed a fault that should be covered with their 1 year warranty. I have proof of purchase through my bank statements but its been over 3 weeks of calling without ever getting the promised call back. Steven and John are utterly disinterested and somewhat curt in their response as they blame me for not having an invoice number. Its sad as initially they seemed a good company but I guess its not until something goes wrong do you really get to know a company's customer service."
"Microwave was delivered in very poor packaging (no box) with loose rattling accessories. My husband sliced his finger on the unwrapped metal. Upon installation it failed to work. On contacting the Appliance Depot about this, we were told to contact Smeg to arrange repair!"
"I've used the Appliance Depot three times, now - once for a graded dishwasher which arrived on schedule and worked perfectly; once for a built in cooker which was much the same. Lastly, I bought a graded Siemens built in column fridge from them. It arrived, late - once installed, it simply didn't work. I contacted them, expecting a refund or replacement, but was fobbed off with 'you'll have to contact the manufacturer and make a warranty claim'. I explained that, under the Sale of Goods Act (1979), a Manufacturer's Warranty was supplemental to the contract which I had with them. John assured me that he was familiar with the Act, but could (was prepared) to do absolutely nothing else. This was shortly before Christmas. On Christmas Eve, I had to go to Argos and buy another Fridge. I had initiated a Trading Standards case against J&S Home Appliances, but truly couldn't live with being spiteful enough to pursue it. My fridge is still not working. In short - they offer decent kit, at a reasonable price - but if anything's wrong, they have absolutely no interest in knowing. I would never buy from these people again, and strongly advise others not to do so."
"I bought a discounted fridge with dents but sold as in working order. When it did not arrive I was told that it had fallen over and it could not be sold to me but they had a different model so I went for that. It arrived but without all the filters and pipes and it did not work. Called the brand engineer out to fix who said it had been tampered with and re-gassed and could not be repaired and was not covered by the manufacturers guarantee as promised. We called alliance depot, they said they'd ring back but didn't, we called again and again the didn't ring back when they said they would but the third time we got through to the right person and they refunded us in full within minutes. I spent £50 buying a load of pipes and filters I can't use and I will have to pay to dispose of their junk fridge. Broken heated and broke."
The Appliance Depot is rated 4.75 based on 209 reviews