Tails.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend Tails.com
4.6
Based on 1,081 reviews
Read Tails.com Reviews

Tell us how Tails.com made you happy
Tails.com 1 star review on 6th October 2021
Tails.com 5 star review on 22nd July 2020
Abigail
Tails.com 5 star review on 21st July 2020
David Wagg
They took nearly £40 out my account when I told them to cancel all future orders. I paid for my trial and my dog didn't like the food, no point me keeping on buying if my dog doesn't like the food. I emailed them with no reply regarding a refund, so am assuming they are ignoring my email and keeping the money. Will never ever try these ediots again!
We had a one month free trial. The personalisation was great but a few things didn’t go so well for us and our 5 month old mini Dachshund. The first is that every time I looked on the blog, it recommended feeding puppies more than twice a day. However, when we got our bag, the scoop was set for 2 cups per day (2 meals, our pup eats 3) which meant we were never giving her equal amounts of food. Some meals would be bigger or smaller. We would have to weigh, which nullified the convenience of the scoop. I went back to try and order our next month (paid) and no matter whether I put in no treats, an extra meal a day or anything in between, it wouldn’t have allowed a convenient way of separating her food at meal times. Our Pup also developed incredibly bad breath, that no brushing or dental chews would fix, and hyperactivity. She also started refusing to eat her meals, but still wolfing down treats etc. We had a bag of her old food; appetite back and after 2 meals, she’s calmer and her bad breath is all but gone. I also found a large kibble of a fish (pictures as proof if anyone from Tails wants to see let me know) which means there was cross contamination. I think the high protein content definitely contributed to her hyperactivity, even though she was on the lowest levels of activity for the scale. I’m pretty disappointed with what we thought was a great product. I don’t think I would recommend purely for the reasons stated. The convenience of the service is great but I definitely won’t be going through with re-ordering.
Alan loves his Tails food! The massive bonus is that he used to suffer from chronic itchy skin problems. We tried all sorts of remedies, foods & meds but within days of feeding him this magical stuff, he has completly stopped chewing his feet. Wierd side effect though... he now can't resist fox or cat poo! Small price to pay. Thank's Tails. X
Tails.com 5 star review on 18th June 2020
My mum recommended tails as a good dog food as she tested it before on her dog. As dog starred suffering from poor digestion. She gave me a link that would allow my dog to get 4 weeks of free trail. After signing up and going through the order I get to find out that unfortunately I cannot complete my order and need to contact them directly to sort this issues out. So here I am getting In touch with them only to find out that my dog isn’t eligible for 4 weeks trial as the address has already been used by my mum on her dog. I find it very unfair that just because my mum had used it on her dog means that my dog isn’t allowed to test the food out see if it helps her with her digestion. My dog has a different name it also comes under my name and my bank details and has different requirements compared to my mums dog. Safe to say I’m very disappointed as they couldn’t help me out and offered me 2 weeks free trail, unfortunately I don’t think that’s good enough neither have I or my dog used their service before or done anything wrong to find out that the offer cannot be used on my dog. I definitely will not be ordering from this company, don’t have a clue who came up with this “rule” but I find it outrageous. My pets insurance never declined the policy just because there’s a second pet at my address.
We tried the dry kibble... My dog was never satisfied or full when we fed him this food...constantly pooing and bloated. We followed to the letter! We started with small amounts as instructed then moved up to the full amount which was 4scoops twice a day! Made his farts constant and stinky. Did not agree with him at all. He lost the shine on his coat. Back to iams!
I'm finding them annoying as they can't deal with simple queries and I get way too many emails from them which apparently they are unable to stop. They also keep. Passing my details onto 3rd parties which apparently they also can't stop as its an important part of their service
Delivery good. Made our dog poorly as they change the blend of food to much and don't properly tell you the ingredients. He's was on this food from 12 weeks to 1 year. The mix in food flared up his allergies, and then they couldnt prepare a food he could eat. Bad experience for us.
My chihuahua loves the food from tails.com I put him on it when he was 8 weeks old. He is now 8 months. The food changes as he gets older. He has never had an upset stomach or bad bowels. I throughly recommend this dog food and the convenience of getting it delivered every month is a win win.
Been using Tails.com for 3 years now and Max is thriving on it the Customer Service is great we are lucky never had any problems with delivery for a long time although this could change as the usual driver has left. However just received an email to say the price is increasing by about 20% because Max enjoys his food we will continue until we can find something as good but cheaper. Also was upset to read the purina now has a major stake in Tails.com another reason to look around.
Took a while to find a food that poppy would eat and had tried many before settling with tails.com Poppy enjoys her wet food now but I often have lots a dry food over every month before the next bag arrives as she does not eat much of that. It would be good if you could order either wet or dry food instead of both. Otherwise happy with service and delivery.
Have been a tails customer for a long time now. It was great and the dog loves the food, however, recently I’ve had some issues with delivery and the prices keep going up so I’m now over £70 a month which is very expensive. We used to get a free gift sometimes with our order but that never happens anymore either, I think this would be a great idea for a long running customer!
I'm sorry to hear that you're finding your dog's food a little too expensive at the moment, we'd be more than happy to take a closer look into this for you to see if there's anything we can do to help. I've popped you an email so that we can take a look for you. I hope to hear back from you soon. Samantha at tails.com
It is IMPOSSIBLE to resolve any problem on the website and they have no customer service to resolve issues, I’m still waiting for my first order that should have been delivered last Friday, but I can’t speak to anyone and I’m still waiting for a call back and email from them that I sent 4 days ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review Dawn, I'm sorry to hear that your first order hasn't arrived with you yet and that you've had trouble getting in contact with us. Our phone lines are currently closed due to us being low on team members. We want to provide good quality service to each of our customers, and so to make sure you don’t experience long wait times on the phone, we are currently providing an email and callback service. I've dropped you a message now so we can get to the bottom of what's happened here and get everything sorted. I look forward to hearing from you, Matthew from tails.com
Right now, my rating has to be 1. I signed up with the expectation I would be able to discuss my dog's blend with these nutritionists they tout, but my dog moved from young puppy kibble blend to a new blend, and coincidentally started vomiting up her food the very day we switched to the new blend. I have tried to reach Tails.com by phone... but their lines are closed. I tried via their website contact request... and no one has answered me after multiple days. I tried via Twitter DM... but they have a pinned post saying their DMs are not being monitored. So I have a month's worth of food I'm afraid to feed my dog because I fear she is sensitive to some ingredient in it... and absolutely no one at Tails.com will talk to me?
We're sorry that you haven't been able to get in touch with us. Our phonelines are temporarily closed due to us being low on team members. We want to provide good quality service to each of our customers, and so to make sure you don’t experience long wait times on the phone, we are currently providing an email and callback service - you can also reach us on Facebook messenger. We’ll make small adjustments over time so you’ll never need to reintroduce a totally new food again - we're sorry to hear your dog's been unwell on her food, we hope she's feeling better! These small changes are a big part of how tailored nutrition works, you can read all about it on our blog: https://tails.com/blog/2021/02/22/how-it-works-blend-evolution/. While your dog's growing, we’ll make small changes a little more frequently so we keep up with her dietary needs. The switch from puppy to junior food will be gradual and gentle on her digestive system. I've gone ahead and dropped you a message so we can take a look at your dog's recipe and possibly get our Nutrition Team to have a look as well. I look forward to hearing back from you. Esme from tails.com
I have been humming and haring around Tails.com for a while. I came across and took advantage of their free 1 months trial. Delivery was quick. Was really excited that everything came with my dogs name on it. I even had it delivered in my dogs name. sadly my GSD did not take to it or rather her system did not appreciate the food as this gave her the squirts. The food does come with a feeding guide but I did not continue after 2 weeks of trying to pick up very runny diarrhoea with normal poo bags. The website does have a pause and cancel deliveries option which I have cancelled. But there is no option to delete your details including bank details or close your account. The website is a bit of a let down especially as I have not given my permission for tails to store my banking details.
We're really sorry to hear that your dog has had an upset tummy, we hope she's feeling a little better now! When switching over to a new food, it can take up to four weeks for digestion to settle, so you may find things improve with a little more time. It's important to introduce a new recipe gradually and over the course of at least a week, otherwise this can cause an upset tummy. We do also have an in house Nutrition Team available, and they'd be more than happy to look at making some changes to your dog's recipe to see if we can find something that suits her tummy better. Although you're not given the option to delete your account and remove your details from our website, if you get in touch, we can get that sorted for you from our end. If you'd like us to possibly look at another recipe for your dog, refer you to our Nutrition Team or delete your details and account, either drop us an email (hello@tails.com) or Facebook message so we can get everything sorted. Esme from tails.com
Couldn't have asked for a better dog food company. The staff are always in for your dog's best interest, they send many accessories useful every month. After I lost my dog a month ago they sent some nice flowers and a card to show their best regard. I will be using them again.
Buster loves his food the service is very good and always on time the only thing is the biscuit bags are so big we be ever get through them in a month and so we end up with lots of bags and sometimes not enough wet food
Millie is very happy with her dog food however, she cannot eat all the big bag of dry food before the next one arrives. Hence put her order on hold. Why is it, you cannot just order the wet food on its own without the dry food??
My dog loves tail.com food he has to make sure that he has ever but from his bowl it’s been the best food he has ever had and his weight is perfect. Thank you tails.com for the excellent service nothing is ever a problem they are always there to help.
An all round excellent service...... having a large dog, getting Horace's food delivered rids me of a big shopping chore, also a bonus is having his wheat free diet catered for...Horace loved his Tails food.
Do not have to think about anything, what you order just turns up and ready to go, more importantly, Molly loves it and is looking really fit and healthy...
Tails.com is rated 4.64 based on 1,081 reviews