Tails.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend Tails.com
Read Tails.com Reviews

Tell us how Tails.com made you happy
Ewa
Tails.com 5 star review on 20th July 2020
Sandra Russell
Tails.com 5 star review on 19th July 2020
Karen Meacham
They took nearly £40 out my account when I told them to cancel all future orders. I paid for my trial and my dog didn't like the food, no point me keeping on buying if my dog doesn't like the food. I emailed them with no reply regarding a refund, so am assuming they are ignoring my email and keeping the money. Will never ever try these ediots again!
We had a one month free trial. The personalisation was great but a few things didn’t go so well for us and our 5 month old mini Dachshund. The first is that every time I looked on the blog, it recommended feeding puppies more than twice a day. However, when we got our bag, the scoop was set for 2 cups per day (2 meals, our pup eats 3) which meant we were never giving her equal amounts of food. Some meals would be bigger or smaller. We would have to weigh, which nullified the convenience of the scoop. I went back to try and order our next month (paid) and no matter whether I put in no treats, an extra meal a day or anything in between, it wouldn’t have allowed a convenient way of separating her food at meal times. Our Pup also developed incredibly bad breath, that no brushing or dental chews would fix, and hyperactivity. She also started refusing to eat her meals, but still wolfing down treats etc. We had a bag of her old food; appetite back and after 2 meals, she’s calmer and her bad breath is all but gone. I also found a large kibble of a fish (pictures as proof if anyone from Tails wants to see let me know) which means there was cross contamination. I think the high protein content definitely contributed to her hyperactivity, even though she was on the lowest levels of activity for the scale. I’m pretty disappointed with what we thought was a great product. I don’t think I would recommend purely for the reasons stated. The convenience of the service is great but I definitely won’t be going through with re-ordering.
Alan loves his Tails food! The massive bonus is that he used to suffer from chronic itchy skin problems. We tried all sorts of remedies, foods & meds but within days of feeding him this magical stuff, he has completly stopped chewing his feet. Wierd side effect though... he now can't resist fox or cat poo! Small price to pay. Thank's Tails. X
Tails.com 5 star review on 18th June 2020
My mum recommended tails as a good dog food as she tested it before on her dog. As dog starred suffering from poor digestion. She gave me a link that would allow my dog to get 4 weeks of free trail. After signing up and going through the order I get to find out that unfortunately I cannot complete my order and need to contact them directly to sort this issues out. So here I am getting In touch with them only to find out that my dog isn’t eligible for 4 weeks trial as the address has already been used by my mum on her dog. I find it very unfair that just because my mum had used it on her dog means that my dog isn’t allowed to test the food out see if it helps her with her digestion. My dog has a different name it also comes under my name and my bank details and has different requirements compared to my mums dog. Safe to say I’m very disappointed as they couldn’t help me out and offered me 2 weeks free trail, unfortunately I don’t think that’s good enough neither have I or my dog used their service before or done anything wrong to find out that the offer cannot be used on my dog. I definitely will not be ordering from this company, don’t have a clue who came up with this “rule” but I find it outrageous. My pets insurance never declined the policy just because there’s a second pet at my address.
We tried the dry kibble... My dog was never satisfied or full when we fed him this food...constantly pooing and bloated. We followed to the letter! We started with small amounts as instructed then moved up to the full amount which was 4scoops twice a day! Made his farts constant and stinky. Did not agree with him at all. He lost the shine on his coat. Back to iams!
I'm finding them annoying as they can't deal with simple queries and I get way too many emails from them which apparently they are unable to stop. They also keep. Passing my details onto 3rd parties which apparently they also can't stop as its an important part of their service
Delivery good. Made our dog poorly as they change the blend of food to much and don't properly tell you the ingredients. He's was on this food from 12 weeks to 1 year. The mix in food flared up his allergies, and then they couldnt prepare a food he could eat. Bad experience for us.
An all round excellent service...... having a large dog, getting Horace's food delivered rids me of a big shopping chore, also a bonus is having his wheat free diet catered for...Horace loved his Tails food.
Do not have to think about anything, what you order just turns up and ready to go, more importantly, Molly loves it and is looking really fit and healthy...
Truth be told I saw Lorraine Kelly recommend tails.com and thought she’s not the kind to put her name to something that’s not good quality so gave it a try as Teddy was not enjoying the food we were using and was often sick. Since buying tails he’s eaten every meal and stopped being sick. It is pricier than other brands but because Teddy is a growing puppy I feel it’s been worth it to get him eating properly. The food is delivered on time, we have never run out of food and always get a reminder before it’s due to see if we require any extras with it. I can definitely say it’s been worth trying tails.com and Teddy has thrived on the personal recipe provided for him.
Tails staff were very compassionate when we lost our beautiful Doberlady, Poppy to Mast Cell Cancer in June 2020. We have now adopted a rescue "doberlady" and she is thriving on Tails food. She was very badly emaciated when rescued and had lost most of her fur to demodex mange. She loves her food and gets so excited at meal times. She has got her sparkle back and her coat gleams in the sunshine. Would recommend Tails to any Doberman owner... 💕
Overall, I am fairly satisfied. My *** rating reflects a couple of concerns regarding the dry food. Lucy really liked the first delivery, but is not so keen on the second. I noticed the second delivery looked quite different to the first and there is less variety in the mix. My second concern is the size of the bag. Based on the recommended quantity for Lucy, which is 150g per meal, a bag is going to last much longer than a month.
Amazing service. Couldn’t be happier! The website is so easy to navigate to make any changes that you require up to a few days before your delivery. The price is no different than what I’d pay if I was buying a known brand from a pet store or supermarket. My dogs 8yrs old and has arthritis, he was struggling with energy and even a 5 minute walk would set him off limping. Since buying from Tails, he has SO much more energy and can manage a much longer walk without even limping. It’s honestly changed his life. I’m so happy that we can now take him for longer walks and play with him. And see him with a bit of life in himself. And it’s all down to his food! 101% recommend!!!
I recently rescued my beautiful dog Paddy who was found starving and in poor condition. I researched dog food and chose one with high protein, no grain etc the amount for him were tiny per day so my dog never felt full. So when we were out for walks he would eat whatever he could find causing him to vomit, diarrhoea. When I upped the amount of food he put on weight very quickly. So I moved to tails. He now has a controlled amount of food he feels fuller, his energy is up, his coat is glossy and so soft. He has stopped eating snails, slugs and scavenging. I also get him the treats salmon and chicken he loves them. It is reasonably priced, and delivered to the house so I never have to even think of it. I would love if they did some tailored treat hampers for paddy and his friends for Christmas . I also would love to be able to recycle the packaging. Other than that I totally recommend them.
Absolutely brilliant. Out late golden retriever had awful colitis and multiple foods trials failed miserably. Tails offer a hypersensitive food he thrived on. Likewise, over a 3-4 year period we have had one occasion where food failed to arrive. Contacted the people at tails and a new batch sent out within a few days. Delivery driver problem and very apologetic. It's an awesome service and our cocker has taken to the food brilliantly. Convenience, quality and continuity makes us a customer for life. Keep up the brilliant works folks
Bailey loves his food - I add in raw vegs and olive oil in his food too the delivery is always on time schedule can be change if necessary and always get a reminder for this. I'm happy with the service but would like occasional voucher as a loyal customer.
I switched to Tails a couple of months starting on a free trial soon to find that my dog absolutely loves the food, she was never one to like biscuits but now clears the bowl and loves the wet food. Since switching she has dropped some weight (which she needed), shiny coat and her let's say bowl movements are better, so much that she was going a bit too often! I got in touch via the FB messenger and Andrea from Tails has been superb! she worked with the nutrition team to alter Dotty's mix which was done in time for her next delivery. Delivery is swift and comes well packaged even having my Dog Dotty's name on the food bag complete with her own personalised scoop. The online dashboard lets you keep track of delivery, make changes and see exactly what is going into the food. Previously I was buying the 40 pouch box of Winalot for under a tenner and in the grand scheme of things under £10 to feed my dog made it clear that she wasn't getting what she needed. If humans eat right then dog's should too and as a dog owner we should give them the best, It works out about £30 a month for wet food and dry kibble for Dotty but it's tailored so that there is never any wastage (price can depend on size, eating habits), I've also saved a little this month as I referred a friend to trial Tails which meant I received £10 off. So I want to say Thank you to Andrea and the team at Tails, you've been amazing! Dotty absolutely loves Tails and if she's happy I'm happy.
Arthur is extremely happy with the quality of his Tails.com food, he's a big dog with sensitive skin and his special combination from Tails suits him perfectly. The Customer Service team are excellent and our delivery is as regular as clockwork, we never run out.
My dog Max is so fussy and never really got on with dry food, I’ve tried lots,he eats very slowly and when he wants which makes leaving wet food down during the summer very difficult,so I had to try something.He’s always had a sensitive tummy.thought that considering he’s 10 nothing will change but thought I’d give tails.com a try. I’m so glad I did,he eats it all most days,hardly ever has tummy issues,has lots of energy when walking,looks very healthy and loves his denta sticks also. Extremely pleased.
To have a customised dry feed for my Golden Retriever Briagha has been a Godsend! He has had ongoing skin problems etc but after a couple of months on his Tails.com feed, the difference is unbelievable .... and he loves it too !!!!
Tails.com is rated 4.68 based on 673 reviews