Tails.com Reviews

of reviewers recommend Tails.com
Read Tails.com Reviews

Tell us how Tails.com made you happy
Ewa
Tails.com 5 star review on 20th July 2020
Sandra Russell
Tails.com 5 star review on 19th July 2020
Karen Meacham
Great service and always arrived on time and most importantly dogs love it.
The wet food stinks it smells cheap and even the dry food causes really bad diarrhoea for my dog. Avoid it at all costs, made up of very cheap ingredients and now that it is owned by Nestle, say no more, all down hill!
The reason I have only given 1 star isn’t because of price or delivery. The food made our dog really poorly with stomach cramps and sickens, we had to take him to the vets! I also found out that you are not an independent company you are in partnership with Purina which is a rally awful pet food manufacturer.
I'm really sorry to hear your dog has been unwell, we hope he's feeling a little better now. We'd really like to take a look at your dog's recipe to find something a little better suited to your dog's tummy - our brilliant Nutrition Team are always on hand to help with this as well. tails.com is a stand-alone business in which Purina is a majority stake investor. We're run by our own management team and our specific range of kibbles - as well as the manufacturing innovation we use to create each dog's specific blend - has been developed by us. If you'd like us to take a look at your dog's recipe and see what we can do, either drop us an email (hello@tails.com) or Facebook message and we'll be happy to help. Esme from tails.com
Terrible customer service food ran out and still waiting on replacement food 5 days later!!! Terrible customer service. As a loyal customer of tails - the delivered amount ran out 1 full week before and I had to buy another brand of dog food because tails couldn’t send product to me express. In fact I ran out of Friday, called them a Friday morning, it’s now Tuesday and after 4 phone calls to tails - I still have not received the food I paid for for my dog. Also he has to be put under for surgery at the vet on Thursday this week and has now had an upset stomach and runny poo with a change of food! When Tails go’s wrong they have no urgency or solutions in place to fix the problem. The poor customer service staff have no power or ability to help the situation because Tails don’t have any options in place - considering the factory is only at Heathrow it is not difficult to arrange a courier or collection which I would have paid for at my own cost! Literally hands are tied with this company with no recourse!
Hi Mike, I'm sorry to hear your dog's unwell and hope he's starting to feel better now. We don't currently offer same day delivery or next day delivery over the weekend. We're constantly working on improving our service and your feedback helps us understand ways we can get better - thank you for taking the time to do this. Your dog's food should last 31 days and we’d never want you to run out early. I want to make sure that the portions we recommend and send matches what you’re feeding. If not, we can always change this. You’ve also got total control over your deliveries. If you do ever need a delivery early, you can move this forward from your tails.com account. My colleague left a voicemail to get everything sorted for you moving forwards. Let me know if there's a better time to call, or email us at hello@tails.com and we'll be happy to help. Wishing your dog a speedy recovery from his op and hope to hear from you soon, Krissie at tails.com
Not what it appears to be. Do your research before letting the slick marketing operation behind the £ multi-million business that's tails.com get its teeth into you, with its relentless personalized emails (WAY too many) persuading you to subscribe. That's the crux of it of course, it's a basic dog food by subscription. 'Better ingredients mean tastier food' it states proudly on its 'Our Ingredients' page, then goes on to tell you precisely NOTHING about the ingredients. Vague references to Salmon and Chicken, with zero detail about where these ingredients are sourced from, what the quality criteria are, what the % balance is. Then there are the grains, which you'll note all the BIG pet food companies pointing out are fine to have in your dog's food. Of course they are, dogs will eat anything on the whole. Grain keeps costs down and profits UP. So you'll note all the usual suspects producing handy web pages about why grains are good. All the time skirting over what actual parts of dead animals you're feeding your dogs. Anyway, don't take my word for it. Speak to your pet shop, most are incredibly well-informed about the foods they have in stock and can recommend what's right for you. Alternatively do your research online and you'll soon discover it's a marketing-lead minefield, apart from those companies that absolutely do produce food for your dog with full transparency about where the ingredients come from and only using fit for human consumption ingredients. Is Tails.com one of these? No, it is not. Now stop the relentless emails please. TWO A DAY is too many. Note: This review removed by tails.com within 24 hours of it being posted on that other review site, you know, the one you definitely CANNOT Tust. Screenshot attached with the dog name removed just add your own dog's name to get the relentless marketing experience.
I’m sorry to hear you didn‘t want to receive emails from us. We ask you to opt-in or out of these when you sign up with us, and you can update your preference any time from your online account, or drop us a message and we’re always happy to help with this. Our recipes are tailored to each individual dog, and so we don’t have a one-size-fits-all list of ingredients on our website. However you can view the ingredients in your dog’s own unique recipe when you sign up with this, from your logged in account and printed on your dog’s menu card every month. We choose different cuts of human-grade meat and offal to go into our unique dry food recipes and slow-cooked wet food. Whilst some of our recipes do contain grains, if these don’t suit your dog or you prefer not to feed them, that’s no problem. You can exclude grain (along with other ingredients) from your dog’s recipe when you sign up with us, or update this any time from your online account. We’re really proud of our ingredients and we’re happy to talk about these with you any time. If you have any questions, or need a hand updating your dog’s unique recipe you can drop us an email to hello@tails.com or send us a Facebook message.
Beware! I thought i would try my Portuguese water dog on this food as she was getting fussy with the shop brands. Even though i only payed half price with the introductory offer i still wish i had got a sample first. When the Tails food arrived i followed the advise of only putting a quater of Tails food to three quaters of the old food, makes sense i thought, but within less than a hour of feeding she brought it all back up again. This was on the Friday afternoon, she was sick for 48 hours and could not even keep water down. She also developed a bright red rash on her belly and legs. As it was now the weekend our Vets was closed but we came very close to needing a emergency appointment but after advise to see if she was still sick by monday i waited, and on monday morning she was able to keep down water and a little of her old food. Tilly has not got a sensative stomach and normally has no problem with changing brands. so i would strongly suggest that if you are going to try Tails food get a sample first. i now have 9kg of food to go in the bin. i am afraid to pass it on to someone else in case it make another dog ill.
Hi there, I’m really sorry to hear that Tilly has been unwell. I hope that she’s feeling better now. This isn’t something we’d expect at all. It’d be great to find out more from you and help get to the bottom of what’s gone on here. It’s possible she has an intolerance to an ingredient in her recipe which is something we may be able to help with. We have a brilliant in-house Nutrition Team who are always on hand to provide extra support for skin and digestive issues, and many other health conditions. I’ve reached out to you now and hope to hear from you soon. Becky from tails.com
Unfortunately tails only caters for dogs that are not fussy eaters and will eat biscuits. They only provide wet food as a bit on the side, which doesn’t help when you have a dog that only eats wet food. Even through they supply wet food this can’t be ordered on its own without biscuits.
Our wet food is designed to complement our tasty dry recipes so we don't offer wet food only feeding plans on an ongoing basis. Our dry food recipes are our main products and the tailored aspect of our food, and currently this can't be removed from your ongoing orders -although it's something we'd like to offer in future. I'm sorry that this means we're not the right choice for you and your dog, but wish you all the best in finding a food that they love. Graihagh from tails.com
I don't usually write reviews but feel compelled to do so following our experience of using Tails dog food. The first two bags we had appeared okay but after a couple of meals of the third bag our dog was taken seriously ill with diarrhoea and vomiting. We initially thought he must have picked something up whilst on a walk so after three weeks of treatment on special diet and antibiotics from the vet we started on the tails food again. This time our dog started having diarrhoea after about 3 days on the Tails diet so we went back to the vet who started the same treatment again which lasted for about 4 weeks this time before we put him back on the food he was on prior to the Tails food. I have been in touch with Tails and at first they appeared to be taking it seriously and asked me to keep some of the food as they would want to test it to see if it was contaminated. However, they never followed this up and after waiting three weeks since my last email to them I have decided to write this review in case anyone else has had unexpected illnesses with their pet. This has been a very distressing and costly process, but luckily our dog has now recovered and is back on the food he was having prior to me falling for the Tails marketing of having bespoke food for your pet. I'm hoping Tails will now take this seriously and have the food tested and warn other dog owners of potential problems with their food.
Hi Colin, I'm so sorry to hear Dougal didn't get on with his food and has been unwell - I hope he's doing much better now. This delay in getting back to you definitely isn't the experience we'd like you to have - thank you for reaching out again. I'd like to get to the bottom of this and make things right for you and your dog. I've reached out in an email so we can resolve this together. Kirstie from tails.com
The customer service and delivery is all superb. But the quality of the food is awful! Only 39% meat content and the rest is full of carbohydrates. Dog became lethargic on this and put on weight. Since swapping to an all meat diet the improvements have been dramatic. What a shame as the website is cool but such poor quality food. Cooked at extreme high temperatures so there are no nutrients left in and full of carbohydrates and grain.
We don’t believe in a one-size-fits-all approach to dog food, so we tailored each dog's recipe to their individual needs. The meat content, fat, protein and carbohydrate level of your dog’s recipe will depend on so many different factors, including their age, breed and lifestyle. We take the guesswork out of this and create a recipe just for them, that adapts over time to support them from puppyhood into their golden years. We’re proud to use top quality ingredients, including whole grains such as oats, brown rice, and wheat in some of our recipes, depending on what each dog needs. Whole grains are rich in a range of important nutrients, such as essential amino acids and the all important fibre. They’re also a great source of energy to keep your dog happy and healthy for bouncy walks and playtime. For dog’s that have intolerances to grains, or owners who prefer not to feed them, you can exclude grain when joining us, or any time from your online account. It sounds like we weren’t the right choice for you, but it’s great to hear that you’ve found a diet that works well for you and your dog. If you’d ever like to give us a try in future, we’re always here to have a chat about your dog’s diet and individual needs. Graihagh from tails.com
Poor quality food. Poor quality service. Will syphon money from your account. Won't apologise when your dog refuses food from Tails. Completely dissatisfied. Avoid at all costs.
Hi there, Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm really sorry to hear that your dog hasn't been enjoying their food, and about the experience you've had. We pride ourselves on giving all of our customers and their dogs an excellent and personal service and it sounds like we've fallen short here. You're always in control of your account and can pause or delay your dog's deliveries at any time, so we won't take any further payments or send any more food until you're ready. I'd like to look further into what's happened here and make things right for you and your dog. It would be great if you could get back to my message with your account details, or get in touch with us by email or Facebook Messenger so we can help. Kind regards, Graihagh from tails.com
We had a one month free trial. The personalisation was great but a few things didn’t go so well for us and our 5 month old mini Dachshund. The first is that every time I looked on the blog, it recommended feeding puppies more than twice a day. However, when we got our bag, the scoop was set for 2 cups per day (2 meals, our pup eats 3) which meant we were never giving her equal amounts of food. Some meals would be bigger or smaller. We would have to weigh, which nullified the convenience of the scoop. I went back to try and order our next month (paid) and no matter whether I put in no treats, an extra meal a day or anything in between, it wouldn’t have allowed a convenient way of separating her food at meal times. Our Pup also developed incredibly bad breath, that no brushing or dental chews would fix, and hyperactivity. She also started refusing to eat her meals, but still wolfing down treats etc. We had a bag of her old food; appetite back and after 2 meals, she’s calmer and her bad breath is all but gone. I also found a large kibble of a fish (pictures as proof if anyone from Tails wants to see let me know) which means there was cross contamination. I think the high protein content definitely contributed to her hyperactivity, even though she was on the lowest levels of activity for the scale. I’m pretty disappointed with what we thought was a great product. I don’t think I would recommend purely for the reasons stated. The convenience of the service is great but I definitely won’t be going through with re-ordering.
Gave my Springer spaniel such bad constipation and low mood. My vet said this food is rubbish as it's so low in nutrients for dogs, SO hard to get a refund.
My mum recommended tails as a good dog food as she tested it before on her dog. As dog starred suffering from poor digestion. She gave me a link that would allow my dog to get 4 weeks of free trail. After signing up and going through the order I get to find out that unfortunately I cannot complete my order and need to contact them directly to sort this issues out. So here I am getting In touch with them only to find out that my dog isn’t eligible for 4 weeks trial as the address has already been used by my mum on her dog. I find it very unfair that just because my mum had used it on her dog means that my dog isn’t allowed to test the food out see if it helps her with her digestion. My dog has a different name it also comes under my name and my bank details and has different requirements compared to my mums dog. Safe to say I’m very disappointed as they couldn’t help me out and offered me 2 weeks free trail, unfortunately I don’t think that’s good enough neither have I or my dog used their service before or done anything wrong to find out that the offer cannot be used on my dog. I definitely will not be ordering from this company, don’t have a clue who came up with this “rule” but I find it outrageous. My pets insurance never declined the policy just because there’s a second pet at my address.
They took nearly £40 out my account when I told them to cancel all future orders. I paid for my trial and my dog didn't like the food, no point me keeping on buying if my dog doesn't like the food. I emailed them with no reply regarding a refund, so am assuming they are ignoring my email and keeping the money. Will never ever try these ediots again!
Absolutely extortionate. £28 for a 2kg bag?! 2 puppies to feed at this price is ridiculous. Iams it is!
Our chocolate lab was overweight so we turned to tails.com We informed tails.com of her condition and following their feeding plan she gained 6kg in one year. Thanks tails.com I will never you use again and all responsible dog owners avoid this company at all cost
Our dog just developed a food allergy after using tails food. Once he has at least a bite of tails food, his eyes and ears become red, very itchy. Never ever giving him this poison again. Until we started using tails food he never had any problems or allergies. Very disappointed.
My dog loves it but I'm fed up with waiting for delivery which keeps changing.
Unbelievably irritating, no straight responses, poor service, poor product, doesn't work as it should out of the box, wild GPS results, poor customer service and loss of device. Can't locate either! AVOID at all costs. Anser from supplier is buy another!!! No thanks!
Tails.com is rated 4.68 based on 671 reviews