Servicing Stop Reviews

0 800 970 9046

help@servicingstop.co.uk

Refuge House 9-10,River Front

Tell us how Servicing Stop made you happy
Prices for work following an MOT are on the steep side. V Poor communication on the phone Experience fell short of what was expected.
1 star: Bad Updated 17 hours ago BE ON YOUR GUARD: Unfortunately my experience with SERVICINGSTOP was extremely poor. Don't be deceived by this company being first on the Google search engine. Was quoted about £120 to do a full service, was then offered a £20 discount to pay up front which I accepted expecting a full service for: oil change, oil filter change, new spark plugs and air filters etc, everything one would expect in a full service. All you actually get is a 77 point check on your car and a phone call saying it will cost £900 to service your car at about 17h00 on the day your car is expected to be returned, BEING at about 18h00. When told to please return my car I was told the oil had already been drained and a new oil filter put on and if I wanted my car back I would need to pay £24.99 This despite being informed NO WORKS would be carried out prior to obtaining authorisation. With my hands being forced I reluctantly agreed to new oil, only to receive an email saying my opt out is now void. I spoke to the actual garage who SERVICINGSTOP sent my car to and was told the full service as expected would only have cost £160 if booked directly with them. They placed emphasis on the number of complaints received about SERVICINGSTOP an the fact they found dealing with SERVICINGSTOP a complete nightmare. All one gets from SERVICINGSTOP is reference to the terms and conditions and a offer of £15 discount towards one's next service booked through them. IN MY OPINION GO DIRECT TO THE GARAGE AND BOOK A FULL SERVICE AS THIS IS WHAT YOU WILL GET AND NOT A PLAY ON WORDS TO TAKE YOUR FUNDS FOR DOING VERY LITTLE. SERVICING STOP IS AN ABSOLUTLY DISGRACEFUL COMPANY. SUCH CONDUCT SHOULD BE ILLEGAL. TRUST THIS POST WILL PREVENT OTHERS FALLING INTO THE SAME TRAP.
Same as other reviews I think. I needed Mot ASAP so thought go with an interim service too as a good price. Great pick and drop off service. But it works a bit like groupon. Shipped out to independent company ( which they seemed nice). But I get call off serve stop headquarters saying I need special break fluid and oil . I said don’t do it then but he said you must. I feel totally stung!!! He said I also needed pollution filter !!! I said no! Ended up getting stung in a totall of £280 when originally quoted £98 !!!!!! Not saying the independent garage did anything wrong as they only get a percentage of price paid. So lesson to be learnt and we all know nothing is as good as it seems!!! Go straight to the garage service point is the middle man sales man that rips the customer off and also takes from the garage . Not impressed !!!
Simply do not use this company they are at best con artists charged me over £450 for a headlight that costs £125 total cost with the laughable oil change which is special oil £1100 for a car that’s worth £2000
AVOID I booked as it was easy. They collected 1030 on the day and the first phone call I had was at 4pm to say the over priced extras for oil etc which you would get on a normal car service and they tried to talk me into another £300 for brake pads. He then said to pay with the link by 430 for the car to be released and it would be back with me by 630/7. I paid straight away. I heard nothing more. I waited and waited…nothing. No car. No phone call nothing. The service centre had shut at 5 so literally nobody I could chase it up with. I was on the phone at 8 this morning to get it back from the actual garage direct. He said no one in that department would be in until 9 and they’d call back. They didn’t. I rang again twice. Eventually just got my car back 945 with a very empty pocket. No apology. No phone call. Missed appointments last night and today couldn’t drop my kids off where they needed to be this morning. Not a chance I will EVER recommend or use this again.
Booked twice and both times they didn’t collect car no phone call to apologise
Do not go with them, they farm out the work to local Garages who are also with them. Gave my car for service and MOT. Got a call asking me Service need a AC filter and new oil, cost is around 60 pounds, told them filter is new and car does not take normal oil, since it uses CVT oil, which did not need replacing, since it was done 6 months before. Then he told me MOT failed due to rear light lamp, need rear disk brakes pads and rear callipers are seized. Cost over £980 pounds total. I was aware of the rear pads replacement is around £130 and for rear calliper to repair is around or at most at £120. I told them return the car as it is I will get MOT and service by other! They then told me they will not return the car due to MOT failures and if you drive the you will be breaking the law. plus, we will not release the car etc, till you pay us work carried out. They will con people who are not Car savvy, they will take you to cleaners. Also no new oil etc. Go to local car mechanics. Google reviews are truer than others.at the end some else did the work to replace ear disk pads and to un seized rear calliper’s £120 and re-MOT
OK so it is very easy and convenient to book a service. I booked a full service next day with collection and delivery which is great. That's what the star is for. However... Be warned your car could be serviced by anyone on their network and I am not sure they care who actually does the work. My car was serviced on somebody's drive! I know because I have a tracker on the vehicle. In addition to this the car was driven twice the distance than required to actually get there! I called Service Stop to relay my concerns and it took 25 minutes for someone to answer! Then I had the phone call to say there would be extra charges for oil which I was expecting as I had read the small print but also brake fluid change as the manufacturer advised. I accepted in the heat of the moment believing the seemingly genuine advisor. I have since found out that the manufacturer does not require brake fluid to be changed at this service interval and they charged 3x the going rate for it!! I am awaiting response to my demand for a refund on the brake fluid change and will be taking it further if not So dont be a sucker for the booking convenience because everything else is shoddy and I would not trust this company.
We needed our MOT and a service done quickly. We found servicing stop and probably like everyone we didn't look at the reviews first, saw the price and thought "great"! Collection of the car was pretty painless, but I got home and my husband informed me £426 of extra parts were needed.....I am not really a car person. Neither is my husband so our thought process was we had to get it done, so we paid it. 10 minutes of googling after (should have done before) I realised they were charging through the nose for parts (looks like more than double) and charging for things that I am pretty sure my car does not need. I decided to call them up to tell them not to do the extra work. Took a while to get through, but it was still surprising that by the time I got through they had done all the work....in less than an hour. I feel that they either authorised the work before we decided to go ahead with it (on payment), or they just lied. Anyway turns out my car has to stay over night (they didn't mention this until I called to ask). I am also a bit skeptical that the garage is aware of all the work I am being charged for. Needless to say I am not happy as I have been scammed. Please don't use this company! I highly doubt there is a time you will use them and not be incurring additional costs.....looking at it now, I can't believe how terrible the reviews are and how much they mirror my own experience.
Don't bother... scam.. can't get through and job you paid for don't get done. They'll take car and bring back. But from what im seeing don't do that either. Thats it.
Book with MOT and inter service. The price they charge double than the garage. the way the staff communicatied sounds like threatening me if I don't do it not helping. they try to get every single penny out of my pocket
TOTALLY USELESS, failed to pick the car up and gave a telephone number that did not answer, failed to answer emails and only an automated reply when I requested a refund. AVOID THESE PEOPLE
The are totally useless, booked my car in for service and MOT, no one collected my car on morning of service, couldn’t get through to Servicing Stop, their AI is terrible. Eventually Louis called said there were issues with garage and my car would be picked up next morning, this excuse went on for 7 days so I gave up, cancelled booking, now waiting for a refund. Went to a local garage who did service and MOT within 4 hours.. DON’T USE Servicing Stop they rip you off with parts, so incredibly slow. Would help if you could actually get through to them in the phone!
They totally ripped me off. Charged me for a full service and when I checked the car upon its return, they hadn't changed the oil or the filter. The oil was still jet black and the consistency of water. The screws holding on the engine undertray also had obviously not been disturbed as the heads still had rust in them. You have to remove the undertray to access the filter and the sump plug. Needless to say I very much doubt they did any of the other items on the long list of things included in the service. Emailed them to inform them, sent pictures and even offered to have a qualified third party inspect the cat to prove they had done no work. Automated email response and nothing since. Going through my Credit Card company to get the money back. Do not use this company as they obviously don't care about their customers nor do they vet the garages that they use.
Have used Servicing Stop in the past and while not brilliant, they got the job done. Have spent the last two months trying to get a simple car service. Has been a nightmare? Three last-minute cancellations from my local garage, with a variety of excuses, ranging from "our electricity isn't working" to "we are closed Tuesdays." Some vehicle collections were arranged without notifying me at all, not that this mattered, as the collections were always cancelled. In the end I had to complain and insist that Servicing Stop use a different, and hopefully more reliable, local garage. They promised they would... then gave the job to the same garage. Have requested a refund. I realise that a lot of the above may be more the fault of the garage than Servicing Stop, but to the customer, this doesn't make much difference. The net result is the same - a car that hasn't been serviced. Take my advice and find yourself a reliable local garage instead. Don't be tempted by Servicing Stop's cheap prices, as once they factor in oil change, new spark plugs etc, their prices aren't that much cheaper than your local Kwikfit. Don't make the mistake I made!
I don't write reviews normally, but this warrants an exception. I made my intitial booking on Monday 27 September 2021, with the car to be picked up Monday 4 October. I received no confirmation until I got a call on Thursday 30 Septmeber to state that Monday is not possible, can it be rescheduled to Tuesday 5 October. I accepted. On 5 October after 10am I got a call to ask if the car has been picked up. I said no. Was put on hold and told the garage cannot do the service, can i reschedule to Friday 8 October with another garage. I agreed. On Thursday 7 October I got an email to say my service would be on Tues 12 October. No call received for this change. Car collected and I provided my own Oil and Spark Plugs. Checked car and Oil provider's specs, and all was compatible. I got a call to tell me that the oil isn't the garage's 'preferred oil' and they would order their own and charge me. This is despite Servicing Stop's own website saying they'll fit parts and liquids provided. I was also charged labour for spark plug installation. No mention of this on the original booking. Additionaly I was told a long list of things to be done which I know don't need doing as I've had them inspected and new parts fitted a couple weeks earlier, and a brand new MOT a couple weeks ago. Complete money making racket. Will NEVER use again.
These people are not to be trusted. Their pricing is considerably higher than anywhere else and the underlying threat is that they won't return your car if you don't pay up. Avoid at all costs.
Avoid!!!!!!! I booked in for an MOT and Service for the 4th October 2021 on the 15th September. This gives them 20 days to arrange the appointment with the garage. The offer pay upfront option. which i have done. Once done you get a confirmation email to tell you the appointment is booked in with the garage and they will come and collect your car. Sounds great. However, Monday the 4th October comes and no one arrives the pick up the car. at 11:30am i called and asked why as they are supposed to pick up between 8am and 10pm. The guy just answered with 'they cannot do it today'. i had not been contacted by anyone to tell me that they could not do it. I then re-arranged the appointment to Friday. waiting on Friday morning. again no one comes and collects the car. This time i didn't call to see if anyone would come back to me to advise what has happened. Silence. I receive an email from them that evening, with confirmation of my booking for Monday 11th October 2021. No one called to check this appointment was okay for me. I chose to wait in and see what happens. I think you can guess what happened, No show once again. problem is, once you pay upfront they have you locked in as they wont refund you for up to 10 days. My advice to anyone considering going with these guys to seriously consider against it. They may offer cheap prices but far from reliable, pick a garage that will take your booking and ensure you are seen to on that day! Reading the other reviews below about after having a service done, im glad i haven't gone through with it! I have today asked for a full refund of my money.
Once the car had been collected everything went downhill from there. They contact us to say that additional work was required, which seems to be regular occurrence with this company. I had already spoken to a genuine Citroen dealer the day before and was informed additional parts were just recommended and not essential. The service stop Rep insisted that they were essential. The car was not returned within the specified time and there was no response to our phone calls. At one stage we were ging to report the car stolen as we were under the impression that it was a scam. However, we sent text messages requesting an update and were astonished at the "I don’t give a stuff" attitude from them. The car was returned but over 3 hours late. The sub contract mechanic, even informed us that the additional work was just a recommendation and NOT essential. If we had agreed for the additional parts to be sourced and fitted through service stop, the cost would have been £120 dearer than if we had taken it directly to a genuine Citroen dealer. Don't forget the +VAT. We will certainly never use this company again and urge anyone considering doing so, read all reviews and NOT just the ones detailed on their website. 06/10/21
Awful service never answer the telephone I tried twice to return a call where they left a message I couldn’t even understand only to have to hang on….twice …..for over 28 minutes and still no one answered …..then when they did call accuse me of being rude due to complaining!! Never gave garage ok to release my car when work complete even though I had already paid upfront so I had to go steal my car back!!! Have informed the police who agreed it is not acceptable as the paperwork I have constitutes a contract to do the work and rehearse the vehicle!! Don’t go near the…..really wish I had read more reviews before I paid them !!
Servicing Stop is rated 2.27 based on 2,364 reviews