Servicing Stop Reviews

0 800 970 9046

help@servicingstop.co.uk

Refuge House 9-10,River Front

Tell us how Servicing Stop made you happy
Needed a quick service done and most local garages were booked and I stumbled onto servicing stop. Guys from the actual garage were great and HONEST. But servicing stop is just a scam. Trying to oversell things your car does not need. Also, all at exorbitant prices. Great business model, but won't get return business with thier cowboy tactics. Please patronise them if only if you have money to waste. Great for draining your wallet.
Great News Servicing Stop are being taken to court on 13-15 September 2021 by Enfield Trading Standards, I wonder how they will lie their way out of this one, it's about time they got their comeuppance, for all hurt that they have caused.
Do not use total scam company, Give the garages 50% of what they charge and make the garage use their parts which they claim are dealer parts and they use GSF!! Then tell lies that the garage have not even said by telling customers their vehicle is not road worthy and needs doing as it’s not safe to drive and scare the customers into having the work done! The customer services are rude and as soon as you question them they put the phone down!! Absolute joke of a company total scammers Just go to the garages direct they do not offer any different service, It’s the garage that collect the vehicles also not servicing stop. They just try to claim as much as they can out of people!! The garage does not even price for the work they do and charge 100% more than the garage would!! AVOID AT ALL COSTS GO TO THE GARAGE DIRECT AND GET A LOT BETTER SERVICE AND PRICE
Suckered in by cheap service but then got absolutely conned. By the time i managed to get hold of someone to talk about the results of the service, it was getting late in the day and of course i was apprehensive about getting my car back (a sales tactic i'm sure). I was told that I needed replacement brakes and one new tyre. When i stalled due to the extortionate prices being quoted, i was told that the tyre was just an advisory but the brakes were important. I was quoted a ridiculous price of over £300 to get both sets of brakes replaced but as i was told they needed doing and also was worried about getting my car back that day, i reluctantly accepted. Cut forward a couple of hours and i receive the invoice by email. The work was not for replacement brakes but just replacement brake PADS! I was charged over £300 for replacement BRAKE PADS!!!! Due to the price quoted i had assumed i needed new pads AND discs. When i received my car back and checked the serivce checklist, the brake pads, along with one of the tyres, were identified as 'Low' so it wasn't even imperative that i had them replaced! I emailed my concerns to servicing stop and i was told if i got a quote from a main dealer for the same work they would refund the difference if cheaper. I did this and was quoted cheaper by £102 so sent servicing stop the quote. They then backtracked and said the price needed to include the service also. I argued that of course the service was going to be more expensive at a main dealer, hence why i used servicing stop for the service!! My issue is not with the price charged for the service, but for the extortionate price charged for replacement brake pads and the poor sales tactics used to coerce me into accepting the repairs even though they didn't need doing urgently! I feel ripped off, conned and stressed out by this appalling company. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY; THEY ARE A CON.
Dear Marco, Thanks for your comments. We always pay particular attention to feedback and use it constantly to improve the service we provide. Please send your registration or reference number to customercareteam@serviicngstop.co.uk and we can investigate this further. Best Regards Dean
Specialist oil is a con. Plus all the other unnecessary garbage the salesman Daniel tried to add onto my service. I should have told him to shove it, but as i’d already payed up front, and was at work and stressed, i decided to take the hit for the bs engine oil extra, but refused everything else he tried to add on. What a total con and rip off. My car didn’t even return clean, and i’ll be inspecting the work recorded on my invoice. Avoid! Avoid! Avoid!
keep way from this company 'my god this is like daytime robbery
These con artists robbed me of more than £600 adding on extras which were NOT agreed to. Have reported them to Trading Standards & have been advised very recently that they are being taken to court for luring people in with cheap prices & then adding on unnecessary exorbitant extras. They will get their just deserts!!!
Avoid at all costs, sitting without a car no contact apart from a phone call saying they wanted 95 pounds to release my car , it is 2 years old with 6 thousand miles no idea where it is or when I am getting it back , absolutely disgusting people
Does anyone have any successful refunds from servicing stop? This was the review that I left on trustpilot yesterday Absolutely horrendous!!! Please do not use this company. Looks like if you drive a bmw or any high spec car they charge for specialist oils. I paid nearly 200.00 and still no car over day late dropping it off!!! No help from customer service as the offices are in London and they are rude and dismissive not to mention disrespectful!!!! Stranded at work with no means to get home and still no car the next day!!! Have no call from service stop... I had to chase them for information as the garage didn’t know anything. When I did speak to them they were threatening and made you feel you had to pay them to get your car back, which I did pay and still no car.... in fact I’m still without the car writing this review. Distressing and scammers!!! DO NOT USE!!!
RIGHT... I own a small independent workshop. I was approached by Servicing Stop last May (2020) to see if I could do some work for them. I agreed and was given a job. So we collected the car, Serviced the car (By the way the price they quote the customer is a FULL SERVICE. Yet they get us to quote them on an oil change only). We MOTd the car, and we delivered the car back to the customer. I called Servicing Stop to tell them job was done. They asked about EXTRA WORK, I said it did not need any, They said surely it needed extra, I said NO. This went on and on. The car genuinely did not need extra work yet I was given a hard time for not UP SELLING services the car did not need. As of yet they have not paid my invoice from May last year and I think they have no intention of paying me. PLEASE PEOPLE AVOID AVOID AVOID. THEY ARE DISHONEST. They expect all their sub contract garages to SELL SELL SELL. NOT MY STYLE if you do not sell extra work to a car (ok some cars need extra but I dread to think what they will charge) Then it appears they will not pay. I will be passing this to a debt collector as they will not even respond to E mails now. If i could give negative stars I would. Please people. Use your local garages directly when you can. The majority are honest and will look after you.
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!! Got up early to defrost the car for them and they turned up 3 hours late! Car passed MOT but they tried to charge me nearly £1000 for “advisories”. Had paid for a full service but was charged extra saying my car needed special oil. Phoned me and was extremely patronising, “do you know what a cambelt is Dear?” Wish I had read the reviews before booking, lesson well learnt!
Thank god I read all theses reviews before booking. Saved me alot of Hassle.
 Stop First things first you book a date and they change it! I paid for an MOT and service upfront taking advantage of the discount. Car is collected so far so good. They ring later speaking to my wife with a list of jobs that want doing. Brake oil, plugs and a drive belt. £189 for a drive belt that cost £24 in Halfords! Brake oil that the device report stated was OK so why did they charge me for it. So the guy Vik or Vikrum tells my wife he is the mechanic, cars in the ramp and he needs a decision yes or no. He gets irate when my wife says she will call me. He tells her its £475. After speaking to me she rings him and he says to pay on line she asks 3 time to confirm the price as £475 and this Vik bloke confirms that's correct. She goes on line and its £515. She panics and pays because he has put her under pressure to answer and pay quickly otherwise we wont get the car back that night. We try 11 times to call him to get clarification of the costs because they have charged me the service and MOT again when I have already paid for it. Each time he hangs up the phone. The car doesn't arrive that night. We try again 6 times to call and get no response or just joined a queue that never moves. We call the garage and they can't find the car. Have we been scammed. My wife is stressing out and no one can be contacting including the garage. We eventually get through on another number to the garage who suddenly and miraculously find our car after threatening to call the police. Because we thought the car had been stolen we were advised to cancel our card. Another inconvenience. They have not returned any messages. They have not replied to any e mails. Basically they take your money and hide. Take my advise do not use these cowboys. Stay well away.... Why after all these comments on Trust pilot is somebody not doing something about this company??
Absolutely disgusting I have never had this problem before. Cutting a long story short. Full service I was told I would receive discount £15.00 off if I pay on the day and NHS discount should of paid £75.76 looked on bank statement £99.20 taken out of my account. Garage called me in the afternoon said we tried to call you but no answer looked on my phone they lied. I informed him I had not received a call he said well they should of, he then went on to say work needed to be done cost of £600.00. I explained to him I will get quotes from other places please do not do any additional work on my car all I want is the full service completed he then said this had been done and I owed £145.79 he said because he had to put synthetic oil in and air filter. I couldn't believe it. I told him I couldn't afford this he said what it's only £145.79 extra. I said I can't pay that you should of rung me this can'tbe just for synthetic oil and filter, he then said if you don't you won't get your car back and I will charge for your car sitting on my site each day. I had no choice, I paid this was yesterday it's now 06.21 in the morning still no car. I work for the NHS unfortunately I could not go into work this will go against me I'm so stressed and very upset I have enough stress with the covid19 at work without this. This man was very rude I asked to speak to the manager he said no he's been furloughed. For some reason when I tried to call him through the dayI couldn't it said the number hadn't been recognised then straight after he rung back on the same number. This story is only half I still haven't received my advisory and CAR so upset I have had no sleep. I will be seeking advise. This is their car it is the one they left outside my home to travel back in still sitting there. It's now 06.44😔.
I feel the need to explain my experience with the company Service Stop that I have recently had awful experiences with taking my car to for its yearly service, in order to stop as many people as I can from using this company. This is going to be a long story due to the amount of problems I have had with this company but for those who do not like to read all of the details to sum it up; avoid this company unless you want to be extremely overcharged, have no detail on where your car is taken and to be blackmailed into receiving back your car and still withholding and hiding it from you after payments. This is not just one bad review from my side as I have recently found hundreds of reviews online of situations very similar to mine. My first issue with this company was that they had sent me a receipt stating that my service costs £106.44 (save £15 deal advertised) and they charged me £123.44. It's not a lot but i’m just getting started. Secondly the company were then late to collect my car (which wasn’t much of an issue with me really) and after arriving, the driver proceeded to get into my car and drive off without any gloves or a mask (which I must express is extremely important during this pandemic) after getting out of their own car, this includes not even sanitising their hands, which I am not comfortable with during these times and find it rather unprofessional and is currently being repeated by our government and prime minister on how important it is to do these things. Thirdly I received a call from their mechanic to tell me that my car had over £500 worth of things that needed doing to it. This rang big alarm bells to me, seeing as I had only just gotten my mot done. I must also add that the mechanic tried to convince me that one of these costs included getting my rear passenger tyre changed because they deemed it too worn which is absolutely not true due to this being changed 3 weeks ago on my mot (which not only have I checked the mot receipt but the tyre itself). In addition to this the mechanic stressed to me that my car needed to have its brake fluid topped up and the engine flushed.( which neither of these services were explained to me on what they were and why they needed doing, just forced on me that it had to be done in order to get my car back) Now I have a number of issues with this statement as from speaking to another car mechanic ( and doing research online) I have learned that it does not cost close to how much they were charging me for. So after being informed that these two things needed doing on my car before I could get my car the mechanic told me this would cost £170 together which is already a lot more than the company should have charged me for these services but they actually then sent me a bill of £210 which I was not willing to pay due to the extortion of it. After seeing this ridiculous bill and being very upset about it I had tried to get back in contact with them (which I had told him I would call him back to confirm) I could not get in contact with them as they were not answering my calls until 3 hours later. When he finally answered my phone call he had told me that I would not get my car back until I paid the insane bill. This really upset me and pressured me into giving the company my money in order to get my car back. The mechanic had told me that as soon as I made the payment the car would be delivered back to my address, which it was already late for as it should have been delivered from 4PM to 6PM that day. This is where my experience gets worse as I made this payment (stupidly) while on the phone to the mechanic and 7:30pm came around and my car was still not at my address so I took it upon myself to try and contact the mechanic again. I could not get in touch (surprise surprise) it was almost as if my number was blocked as the phone was cut off whenever i attempted to make the call, at this point I am getting very upset and stressed as I did not know where my car was and have been charged a crazy amount of money and could not get into contact with anyone to find out what was happening. This carried on through the whole night which stopped me from being able to sleep as I was so worried ( I had to go to work at 4AM in the morning) and had to find other arrangements to get to work which is not easy at that time of day. At 9AM the morning after all of this, I still heard nothing from the company and could not get in touch. This led to me finally finding the address to where my car was (which I was absolutely shocked when I found out it is a completely different company they have hidden under an address under their name - (Actually DB Autos in Newcastle but was shown as Service stop Garage). I decided to ring this garage to find out where my car was and they put the phone down on me as soon as I had asked them if they worked for Service Stop. At this point I was so distraught after everything I have gone through I decided to go to the garage myself and get my car. I finally turned up to the garage to find my car was not even on the garage property but actually left on the side of the road unattended, away from the garage. This stressed me out even more and I walked into the garage reception to ask for my car keys. After 20 minutes of trying to get my keys back the garage was still refusing to give me them even though they had received my payments and messed me around. My mother then decided to ring the garage to try and get back my keys and they were so unbelievably rude and nasty to her and still refused to give me them. Mum then contacted the police again and told the garage about this which then they had taken it upon themselves to drop off my car at my address before the police could arrive. The police have been informed about my experience and just know that this is just a snip of it, they have mentioned that they have had loads of people with the same experience ring them and there are more actions being taken. I will also be contacting trading standards and anyone else I can to stop this company.
Absolute disgrace! Quoted £116 then tried to charge me £375 for an oil change and break fluid top up! Contacted the garage direct and was advised they too are trying to get out of contract with them! There charge £26!!! Service stop were trying to make a profit of over £175!! Wouldn't answer the phone! Vile company! Out to make money on innocent members of the public! I have reported them to the government, trading standards, financial ombudsman and advertising agencies! Steer well clear they are sharks and will refuse to release your car unless you pay! Sadly for them they didn't realise they were dealing with a police officer!!!
DO NOT USE SERVICING STOP under any circumstances!! They will rip you off - big time They will lie to you about everything They will overcharge you for any repair work They will try and sell you “extras” at hugely inflated prices They will try and pressure you in to having unnecessary work done They will say you can’t have your car back unless you agree to have work done How do I know this?...I work for a garage that did work for Servicing Stop. They owe the garage I work for over £10,000 They owe money to 10’s if not 100’s of other garages that have worked for them They have 16 CCJ’s registered against then for £81,806 PLEASE - DO NOT GIVE THIS VILE COMPANY YOUR BUSINESS Go to a good independent garage instead...
AVOID - in my opinion this company are terribly dishonest. Servicing Stop charge £20 to collect and deliver your car and take it to a local outlet for service and MOT. I let them take my car recently and the MOT results came back with over £800 of compulsory repairs required. My suspicions were aroused by the fact that they were intending to charge £600+ to repair a cracked headlamp. My car is a common model and spares are cheap and plentiful. They also FAILED TO NOTICE that I have a centre seatbelt (lap strap) in the centre rear seat. The MOT tester said it was missing and wanted £270 to replace it. It had simply slipped down the crack between the seats! Anyhow to cut a long story short I had the car independently re-tested today at a reputable local service station. It passed first time with just 2 minor advisories. Note that the garage were not party to the results of the test performed by Servicing Stop - they were looking at the vehicle fresh with no bias. Servicing Stop are (in my opinion) not fit for purpose and it would appear they are attempting to extort money from the unwary. I'm not often driven to writing poor reviews - but this company are appalling.
I truly wish I had checked the reviews before I used this company. Booked a full service and MOT. Where to start, my car was picked up late, got a call just after 1pm giving me a host of very expensive repairs, just like other reviews very overpriced, disgusting actually. Told them I’d get quotes, and just paid for the service and MOT, was told I had 10 days to repair it and bring back for retest. They were meant to bring my car back by 5.15, I received a call at 4.50 informing me that suddenly my airbag had perished and they could not bring my car back. No mention of anything wrong with that when they gave me the report. Could not explain what had happened, could not tell me how it could be fixed, when I would get it back and then had the audacity to say it’s just one of those things it happens. I was then given an email address to contact the customer care team and received an automated response informing me it takes 2-3 days to answer emails. No one at this company has given any apology, any information or seem to care. I have asked for a full refund, and told I have to wait for an email. I’m now left without my car, I live in a remote house and no way of getting anywhere. I don’t even know when I can get my car back. This was meant to be a convenient way to service and MOT my car, it’s turned out to be a complete nightmare and the customer service is nonexistent. I cannot believe with so many bad reviews they can still be trading. Be aware this company has been featured on Watchdog They maintain they are not breaking the law, they conduct thorough checks on the garages, and that they don’t mislead customers, overcharge, or sell unnecessary parts or work to consumers. They have also been featured in the guardian https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/money/2017/mar/18/servicing-stop-charges-can-add-up-car-garage-driving DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
Good morning Michelle, I'm sorry to hear you were not happy with your Servicing Stop experience. Your car failed it's MOT on quite a lot of counts, it required the removal and refitting of both your front and rear discs as well as your rear caliper. You were advised to undertake a diagnosis inspection into an oil leak and due to emissions your car required a fuel treatment. We also advised that due to the age and mileage of your vehicle, in line with your own manufactures' guidelines, you needed to renew your brake fluid, anti-freeze and fuel filter. All of the prices quoted to you were autopriced and cheaper than main dealer prices, we even informed you of our Best Price Guarantee on the day meaning if you did find a cheaper quote - we'd match it. While it is imperative we let you know of the works that are required in order to get your car healthy again, we advised you that this work was completely optional. It's our job to complete the MOT health-check and it's up to you what work you authorize and what work you get done elsewhere. The decision is always in your hands as the customer. You informed us that you would not be having the work done and we processed your payment and let you know that if you go and have the work done elsewhere in the subsequent 10 days - you could bring it back to us and we'd re-test it for free! With regards to the airbag, it really was unfortunate timing as the garage was on schedule to deliver your car back. Unfortunately, we cannot put our drivers in a dangerous situation where they are driving a customer's car that is not safe to drive. We informed you of this and said you can either fix it here or come and pick it up and drive it home yourself. You are free to go and collect your car whenever you like as you have paid for your service. Your car was already months overdue an MOT and was being driven illegally, it then failed it's MOT quite drastically. Our garage were concerned that you did not understand the seriousness of the issue but welcomed you to collect your vehicle and urged you to have the work completed within the next 10 days. Kind regards, Jacqueline
I'm not one for leaving reviews but this 'company' are the biggest bunch of cowboys I've ever had the mispleasure of dealing with. I booked my car in for a simple service, £79. I received a call 3-4 hours after my car was collected with a report. Apparently my brake fluid was contaminated, so needed changing at a cost of £67+ vat, 2 ABS sensors were dead and needed changing,at a cost of £125 each+ vat, an engine temperature control sensor needed changing, can't remember the figure but it was crazy considering they cost £15!! The guy that called was clearly a youngster and had no knowledge of cars and was extremely insistent that the work must be carried out because it was dangerous.. after a few minutes of saying no he finally got the hint and sent me an email with the invoice with an additional £24 for'premium' oil which it certainly didn't need and I'm fairly confident they probably didn't even use. Regardless of that, I didn't consent for them to do so , as per their terms and conditions. A simple £79 service came back with a bill of over £500. I've since put my car into a proper garage locally to give it a once over and it transpires that NONE of the work they wanted to carry out was required. the sensors are fine, the brake fluid was changed February this year, and the service had not been completed. Same air filter, same oil filter, oil blacker than black and fluids not topped up. I've paid twice for a service that should have been done in the first place. One final note, every time I post a review, servicing stop have reported it as not genuine! These people are dangerous.. pay the extra few quid and get the work done properly.
Servicing Stop is rated 2.26 based on 2,368 reviews