Servicing Stop Reviews

0 800 970 9046

help@servicingstop.co.uk

Refuge House 9-10,River Front

Tell us how Servicing Stop made you happy
AVOID TOTAL SCAM !!I booked my car for a interim service and mot paid £89 upfront as was on offer, my car apparently failed due to needing front brakes, I had a phone call from a very arrogant member of there staff bullying and threatening me if I didn't pay an additional £601.00 I wouldn't get my car back I never authorised any additional work to be carried out on my vehicle and was also quoted £250.00 from another garage to replace my brakes and do another mot... total fraudsters all over the Web for being scammers , wish I had done my research...
Why did I not see these reviews first! I chose the company for the price and convenience as I can't drive at the moment and the Service/MOT needed doing. Car was picked up by a guy from a local garage. Luckily I trust garages in my area as it's only a small town. The bloke warned me when he picked it up that although I paid for a full service, it's nothing like a full service should be. Given that the pre-discount, service stop price, is £250, it is pretty bad going so glad I didn't pay this inflated £250. The garage also said if anything needed doing, they would ring me first and for me to deal with them (the garage) direct as STOP will put an extortionate markup on anything. I never heard from the garage but Sstop rang me to announce that there was around £500 of fixes needed (I knew not the case as the garage never told me in advance), some of it crucial and the service light wouldn't be turned off unless I went ahead and how would I like to pay etc.... The guy was so rude about it and was a bully so I told him to jog on. He then said I needed to pay for the oil change because I have synthetic oil at £29. The garage rang me shortly after astounded that SStop were asking for more money as the garage wasn't getting anything extra, and all the extra repairs were only advisory and not crucial or needed like SStop made out. Anyway, I had to pay SStop for the oil before they would release funds to the garage which gets my car back. When I clicked on the payment link they wanted £50 in total for made up environmental this that and the other (remember, garage were not getting any of this money). Local garage said it was the last straw as they are fed up with STOP so won't be dealing with them again. I certainly won't be and I'm now embarrassed that I didn't just use my regular local guy direct who would have come in around the same price in the end. Other thing to note, used live chat to argue about the cost of the oil and agent was quite unfriendly too. Overall I can't believe they are operating. Just remember, at the very least you will probably always pay for oil. Their getout clause is that they advise you it is possible you will need to be extra when you book, so why wouldn't they. So Service Stop get 1 star (only because zero is not an option), garage gets 5 for being wise to them and communicating with me.
Booked a full service on my car for £85. Recieved a phone call after they'd picked up my cay asking for a further £46 to pay for oils & fluids, as , according to them,these aren't included in a full service !! Absolute bunch of crooks. They're just brokers that booked my car in with a local garage. When I asked what they would have charged it was a lot less than Servicingstop. DON'T USE THEM !!!
I had a full service of this company and they charged me £145 for just an oil change no oil filter change just the oil and they charged me 19.99 for a sump plug they said it needed changing I consider that extortionate for a plug with a full service I expected an oil filter and air filter aswell as oil change now I have to change the oil filter myself they are con merchants telling you that you need other work done aswell which I declined absolutely disgusted with what they done
I booked my car in for a service and MOT. The next day my car was picked up and taken to the garage as agreed. A few hours later I received a call from a Service Stop agent telling me that my car had a number of parts that needed replacing. I asked for a quote and was shocked by the amount they were asking. I said I didn't want to proceed with any work as I was confident I could get a far better price elsewhere. The agent then became very aggressive and started to use strong arm tactics to make a sale. The agent said that if I didn't get the work done I would have to arrange for my car to be picked up. Although my car still had a valid MOT the Service Stop agent tried to this as an opportunity to make me accept his grossly inflated quote. The agent the told me that my car was legally unfit to drive and started again with the strong arm tactics. After being bullied by the agent I then called the garage who was actually carrying out the work and they told that my car was legal to drive and that they would deliver my car back to me that evening. The Service Stop agent had clearly lied to me. I also took the service report to another garage and asked for a quote. To no surprise it was £450 pound cheaper. It would appear that Service Stops business model is built on the premise that they are acting as agents for local garages getting them extra work while putting massive margins on top that customer has to pay. They don't add any value at all. You are far better off going to a local garage directly therefore avoiding the ridiculously inflated charges and the harassment from there staff. Overall my experience was very poor and I would not recommend them to my worst enemy. Don't believe their fake trust pilot 4.5 star rating they put on their website!
Absolutely disgusting. Massively over charged me for works they did not carry out. Avoid at all cost!!! Booked car in for service to be told I’d need £800 works to be carried out only for my car to be returned with no actual changes I’m currently on the back of a tow truck with my car as I’ve broken down due to my car going up in smoke on the motor way to be told I have no coolant in the vehicle. Such a simple thing to be checked and sorted out it’s just an absolute joke, con artist is robbing innocent unaware people if there money and time. I’ve had to literally service the car myself. I’m so upset I don’t have the words to explain the frustration I feel. Customer service was horrendous just feel the whole company or whatever they call themselves are filled with criminals. Please do not use these scammers no matter what!! And cancel any existing payment plans as all they will do is just try to scam there way of keeping your money.
Absolute rip off company. I paid £57.24 for interim service and £18.00 for the MOT online and they wanted another £650.00 for front spring. Refused to give me my car back until I had paid another £46.76. The man who spoke to me was an arrogant bully who kept telling me loudly I should have read the information on the website. The website states that they won't carry out any work without contacting me. I had to pay the additional £47.76 so in total £122.00. If I had paid the £650.00 it would have been £772.00! Took the car to my normal gagarge (when they could eventually fit me in as they're so busy because they don't rip people off - lesson learnt!!) who charged £159.00 for the MOT and the replacement spring. Avoid this company.
I was lucky in that the garage that Servicing Scam arranged my MOT with was honest. I had a quote from Servicing Scam for £1300 extra work. I declined all works and the garage rang me to query. The quote garage price came in under half price. It's clear they quote higher, fraudulent prices to scam people out of their money, and I'm a pandemic too! Scum. They overcharged me and I couldn't get in contact over the phone. To get their attention I made a number of false bookings as their staff pay attention to unsuspecting customers and call them. Got the money in end but only by using underhand tactics. I'm sure they would be proud. Avoid at all costs.
Booked a full diesel service and paid up front service was not carried out and had to pay garage an additional 70 quid to get my car back with nothing being done cost of service was 141.82 for nothing.TRIED TO REPORT THIS SCAM TO POLICE SCOTLAND BUT THEY WOULD NOT TAKE ANY ACTION SAYING IT WAS A CIVIL CASE wiped my pension out and had to go to food bank. car still not serviced.
Shocking service, for the money that's paid you only get and oil change and oil filter I will never use this service again!! Also tried to charged me 24.99 +vat for oil that was no used in my car, I had contact with the garage direct for advise they were very helpful but service stop were pushing for work that they say Needed doing yet didn't, they are money grabbers only out for one thing, a full service should include all parts not just and oil filter and oil change if that's what I wanted I would have just paid for that, DO NOT USR THIS SERVICE, IT'S SHOCKING
What an absolute disgrace of a company. Car failed MOT on rear seatbelt not working. Gary from service stop tried hard to frighten me into not driving my vehicle unless it had additional work done..... you can’t get through to them on the phone and they leave it to the last minute so you feel you have no option other than to get the work done in order to get your vehicle back!!!! I WILL NEVER USE AGAIN AND I CANT SAY STRONGLY ENOUGH TO OTHERS....DONT USE THEM!! ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE ON ALL LEVELS!!!!
Really I would not even give 1 star but had to so I could write this review. I have had an absolutely shocking service where they put my life in danger and damaged my car. Servicing Stop are just not interested. No reply to my emails or call. Please don't use this company.
Well, what can I say... these servicing stop people are nothing but robbing b******s. 90 quid for a mot and service, which felt a good deal, but my god it really isn't. Car got picked up for mot which was good, but thats as far as "good" got. The servicing stop team said my service and mot would cost 800 quid, which I'm not a car expert, but I'm not thick either. It was only when the garage themselves phoned me up and asked how much they'd charged me, so I told them. He then said for the mot and servicing, parts, labour and vat cost was 300. Luckily the garage I went to was abit head conscious about these and said he had to tell me the real cost. Not everyone woild be so lucky. The garage men were top class with me, but servicing stop used bullying tactics and to be quite honest try and take as much money as they can from you. Avoid using these people. Scammers come to mind. 1 star is still to much, but can't give any less.
I’ve decided to take this company to trading standards I’ve been speaking to them on the phone and I’ve been shown in these reviews this I have a good chance of taking them to court to get my money back because like you they took my car is a 40 miles away I paid for a full service they told me the car was dangerous and would need extra work turned out that the car was fine he passed its MOT with another garage and there were no major issues I want my money back and I’m going to make sure I get it who is with me They drove a car that apparently failed its MOT due to dangerous steering back 40 miles and by doing so I’ve broken the law
Avoid these scammers at all costs Booked my bmw 12/4/2021 for a full service at a reasonable price made it very convenient to collect and drop off.Car was picked up at 9.30am got a call midday saying they needed another £214.00 for brake fluid and engine flush altogether this service cost me well over £300.00 but that was the least of my worries car came back damaged engine sounded absolutely terrible so rough and after a drive I realised the suspension has been damaged also nail in the tyre. After several phone calls they arranged for me to drive over ten miles to the garage which had done the service to my shock this was on a industrial estate a back street garage with no road to access the premises unbelievably shocked they would send my car to such a place the guy who done the service was trying his best to convince me there was nothing wrong when I know there definitely is. It’s now left for me to pay a independent garage for a report to say that the service was done without reasonable care or skill and damage has been done to my car as a result, the stress this has caused me is beyond words a absolute disgraceful company, I have been left without a car now since 12/4/2021. I’m using taxis for work and walking my kids to school until I can afford to get this sorted, name and shame service stop don’t use them please you will regret it for sure.
I booked and paid for an MOT and full service. My car was picked up and I only knew where it was as I had a tracker on. Even though I was promised it back by 6pm the same day, it was not returned until the next day even though I had paid! You can never get though to them on the phone and have to wait for them to call you back which could take hours! I had a phone call saying my car had passed the mot luckily but would need to pay extra for the full service. Lots of hidden extras and they use scare tactics to get you to have the work done!. They wanted to charge me 507 pounds for an MOT and an oil change and car over, which is all I got for the Full service!! If I had gone direct with the garage all of it would have come to 250 pounds, so they wanted to charge me double!! Steer clear - they are con artists and have since found out they have been on watch dog!
I wouldn’t even give 1 star (but not an option). Absolutely disgraceful. I wish I had read these reviews and not their own website reviews prior to booking. Professional looking site and offered good priced service. I booked to take out the hassle of messing around but it has caused more issues. Poor customer service and communications, just turn up and take your car off whenever they feel like it, to god knows where. Service today £85 and then emailed quoting £300+ work that needed carrying out, used bully boy tactics, refused to allow return of car until work was carried out. In the end I only got an additional £65 for specialist oil and refused rest of work to be carried out and stuck to our guns. Managed to get name of garage etc. but no paperwork or proof of service or work done, and book not stamped and car oil looks same. Reported to trading standards. Avoid at all costs if thinking of using these scammers!!!! Wish we had!!!!
Not for the first time my service was cancelled and rearranged for another date. The original date was planned around time off from work.
Total con artists, pull you in with an initial low price service, then hit you with scare stories and hugely inflated oils and spare parts. The car was gone from 8am till 18:30. Initial agreed price £95, final bill £470. Avoid these scammers at all costs (literally) Find a good local mechanic, even main dealers are better .
I wish I had read these reviews before getting my car serviced through them yesterday. The cost of my car service was astronomical.When I checked the service book the garage had omitted to stamp it confirming the service. When I started my car this morning the inspection due alarm came on. This makes me question whether service was even done. I have called them numerous times today and have been told the garage will come and reset my car and stamp my maintenance book. I've waited all day but no show!!!
Servicing Stop is rated 2.45 based on 2,068 reviews