Servicing Stop Reviews

Refuge House 9-10,River Front

Categories:
MOT & Servicing
Motoring

How would you rate Servicing Stop ?

"Booked full service and MOT for 11th June. Less than 2 hours after collection, received a call from them, telling me that MOT FAILED, on a number of items. Apparently, there were 7 Major Defects, 3 Minor Defects and 5 Advisories. They then asked me if I want to hear, what would it cost to repair the issues and pass the MOT, I said yes. It took them a minute, to come up with a ridiculous and show-stopping - £1300 or so (about a third of car's value). I obviously declined. 4 days later I took the car for MOT to KWIK-FIT (without doing any repairs whatsoever). It PASSED with only 1 advisory. Basically, it was an obvious attempt to get money out of me, for work that was not even needed. I would never use this service again, nor recommend it to anyone."
"They charge over 100% commission Avoid like the plague Go to your local garage get a much better deal"
"Will nerve use again. Did not pick up car waited ages and I had to ring to find out why my car was not collected. Go an o well attitude we can re-book next week if you like. Second rate. You get what you pay for. Pay a little more and get a proper job done. Another faceless internet company who don’t care. Beware!!!!!"
"Its Scam Company no 60 % discount what you get ,I had my service done from them today what they price you get online is extremely different when your car goes for service.I had price from skoda for major service with all parts and labour was cheaper then what they finally asked me. Really feel mugged now :-) , Guys please check your local garage they will more cheaper then getting this discount :-)"
"No video of my car before collection only after it arrived at there workshop the person who came to collect it said they,d never driven automatic before and didn't no how electric handbrake worked .on returning car one of my alloys was damaged was told Must have been already damaged no one wants to take responsibility for their actions ( it a scobby doo mystery) will never use again or recommend and i work in car industry REALLY let down ."
"For me they are liars and cheaters. I was booked my car service and price was 105£ after they took my car they called to me and said the price will be higher 435£. After that I was called back and said I would like to cancel all works witch is not including in basic service. They approve it. After two hours they called me back and said I have to pay 430£ because they finish work and if I don’t pay they will not give back my car. So I’m payed. Next day I was check what they done. Nothing. Only change the filters and oil. When I was called to garage witch took my car and ask what they done yesterday, they said only basic service like I’m said. Now I’m trying to get my money back."
William Cheng
Unverified Reviewer
"The whole point of this company is that they collect and return the vehicle and find a garage to do the work. I went online on 4th June and booked an MOT test for my car for the 13th June. Immediately after the online booking the company phoned me and explained how everything worked - it felt like good service. I was impressed at the point of sale but this was crushed when it turned out there was no substance behind it. Two days before the MOT test date, I received an email from them saying I needed to contact them as a matter of urgency. When I phoned I was told that Service Stop was unable to collect and drop the car and the only option was for me to take it to the garage myself - the garage they had booked was too far away. I can't book a day off work at such short notice, my car MOT expires tomorrow... Thanks, Servicing Stop! The only bit you needed to do; you couldn't. But you decided to wait until the last minute to tell me."
William Cheng
Verified Reviewer
"The booking process was easy to setup, the driver who collected my car was friendly and professional. I was rang later in the afternoon in regards to my cars result of it's MOT and Service, the sales person was barraging me with repairs that seemed unnecessary for my car. I then asked him what failed on my car for the MOT, the sales assistant then informed me that it was the wiper blades and a bulb which he automatically selected the highest priced item without my choice. I then requested for a cheaper part to be used, the sales person obliged with my choices eventually. My car was delivered to me just after the agreed time slot, I was greeted by the same driver who collected the car, again he was friendly and professional and explained all the work that was done and gave me all the paper work, and my service book. I will not be using this company again, based only on my experience with the sales team informing me that if I do not take out the repairs that were read out to me my car would break down and be unsafe. I was told a Full brake and callipers change £320 (four discs and callipers) is required for my vehicle to be safe. I informed the sales person that my car had brake discs on the front and drums on the rear. Again the sales person insisted that I needed the four brake discs. It felt like the sales person was reading from a script on screen and not actually understanding the required parts for my car. I was also told I need a full engine flush at £180, again this felt unnecessary for my car which gets serviced regularly. Overall this is a great service for saving time and hassle when it comes to MOT'ing and servicing your car at an affordable price, but the middle man (sales team) appear to pressurise you to buy overpriced repairs to gain themselves commission."
"Very happy great communication from the garage. Picked up and returned the same day no problems."
Nicolas Buisson
Verified Buyer
"very good service , very practical"
"The man turned up on time they did my service and mot and brought my car back .They are very polite and very helpful."
Jaqacline Evans
Verified Buyer
"was easy and no stress will use again"
"First garage did not turn up to pick up the car but this was sorted very quickly by servicing stop and another garage came to pickup the car. Good service!"
"Great service easy to deal with would recommend highly"
"Good service good price but hard sell of other items said needed done not good"
"came when they said they would, returned my car on time, good price for the service, all in all very happy customer."
Lisa Burridge
Verified Buyer
"Absolutely brilliant - highly recommend"
"The customer service was friendly and efficient."
Thomas Mccusker
Verified Buyer
"Friendly, helpful and reliable. Can't fault the customer service."
Servicing Stop is rated 3.67 based on 1,091 reviews