Servicing Stop Reviews

Motoring

Tell us how Servicing Stop made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
Over a week
"DO NOT use this company!!!! It's a complete false economy and a SCAM. I wish I could score it 0/5! I had multiple issues following a service - The garage DENTED my car in 3 different places, scratched the rear bumper and left oil marks over the fabric of the seats. They then denied liability for nearly 6 weeks -which customer services took as the truth despite clear 'before and after' evidence (a video and photos) illustrating the car in perfect condition and then the damage on return. ServicingStop also took my car WITHOUT my consent to a garage nearly an hour and a half away.. after GUARENTEEING (twice) that it would be taken to a local garage we had agreed on. The driver picked up the car 2 hours late and returned it 1 hour late - even after explaining that I had another appointment and needed to leave, the staff at the garage consistently LIED to me and said the driver "was just around the corner". Even the driver admitted they hadn't even spoken to him for an update and he hadn't even completed the previous job! I'm also sure I have overpaid for the work that was recommended - nearly £60 just to change a pollen filter! Having read other people's experiences, I am now getting a second opinion on the other work that was recommended. On top of this, my engine warning light came on 2 weeks after the supposed service (and this is totally unrelated to the recommended work..)!!! The fuel injectors were blocked - once again ServicingStop denied that this should have been identified in the full service and covered up the garage's incompetence. 8 weeks have now passed and customer services have failed to offer me any sort of compensation and failed to rectify the damage. They have access to hundreds of garages and yet supposedly couldn't find another one more local to me to have the repairs and the remaining work done. They even had the audacity to suggest I pay the original garage (who vandalised my car, denied liability and lied to me multiple times) another £168 to have the remaining work done?! This company is an absolute disgrace. I wish I had read reviews and seen the WatchDog investigation prior to booking. If you are thinking of booking with them, just don't risk it!!"
"It's costing me £400 for and a couple of tires. Also they make you made the decision on the spot. They will ripe you off!!! On the spot.this is guarantee!!! Even friend mechanics told me that's a ripe off!!"
"Told me I needed work doing that it turns out it wasn’t essential in any way but sadly I’d alre authorised the work believing it was essential. What should have been £120 ended up £350"
"*STAY AWAY!* You have been warned! Brake fluid change cost me £65 plus VAT where as other companies charge £37 plus VAT. You do the math!"
"They will charge you the earth"
"They serviced my car and then tried to force me to take all the recommended repairs over the phone and when I refused then they said " we cannot guarantee your car will be back without any faults". Is this a threat ? They didn't pickup the phone aswell when I called them."
"No matter how cheap it is, do not book an MOT with them. They are completely unreliable and you'll probably end up paying a fine for a late MOT. I booked an MOT on Sunday, received a call on Monday confirming the appointment for next Monday and then on Friday they just left me a voicemail saying they can't pick it up and suggested to reschedule for after my MOT would be due."
"Appalling service. I booked online an MOT and service for my car to be collected on Tuesday 27/11. I asked for a confirmation email as there was some confusion, however I did receive confirmation. Tuesday came and no collection!!! I emailed service stop - no reply. I rang them - hung up after queuing for 15 minutes. No apology, no communication and no service. I have booked my car in with a reputable company today. Thanks for the complete inconvenience Service Stop."
"Went for MOT and full service, but MOT failed due to the minor issues. Not sure they have done the full service as the engine oil or air filter has not been changed. Ask for MOT repair - the company charges double the price of repair. Have checked with the Garage - the cost of repair is only £500. The company charge £1200.. Definitely ripped off money and cheated by them. Luckily, I decide to go to my local trust Garage. It passed my MOT straight away. Don't use their service."
"I have a black box fitted in my car. On 3 occasions the driver was speeding, I was able to prove this as I have an app that tells me the time, location and speed they were doing. The response I got was "They have to speed to check the brakes!" They said I needed new rear brakes but I had them fitted new 3 weeks prior to this! They said my engine tray was cracked and needed replacing, on return of my car had a mechanic look and there was no engine tray there! said my drive belt was cracked and needed replacing and wanted to charge me an astronomical amount I said no I would go elsewhere, again another mechanic checked it and no crack seen! tried charging me £35 for specialist oil! They have offered me £10 as a good will gesture the next time I use them, I have politely told them to put that £10 where the sun doesn't shine. NEVER again will I use this awful company!"
"My car was picked up for an interim service at the time agreed, it was to be returned between 4 and 6pm. I heard nothing all day, so was surprised to receive a call at 4.05 telling me that everything that needed doing would cost more than the car is worth. I asked what they said needed doing and how much each job would cost. They sent an invoice via email to confirm which said that the rear wiper switch was broken [it wasn't, and it still works now!], which they quoted £537.90 to complete, so I obviously told them not to do that. They said the bonnet release cable needed replacing [it doesn't], so again told them not to do that. I do wonder how they and I manage to get under the bonnet if this was broken!! That would have cost £247.50, and my nearside fog lamp was broken, for which they would have charged £117.70, as this is not a legal requirement, I again told them not to bother. They also said I had an oil leak, so the oil sump engine gasket and oil filter housing needed replacing, that would have come to £671.28. As the floor to my garage is clean, and I keep my car garaged every night, I fail to see how there was such a serious leak, so again told them not to bother. I did ask them to see to the anti-roll stabiliser link [front susp] for which they quoted £156.79, until I told them that my garage had said the part cost £18, with half an hour's labour, when they immediately dropped the cost by £30. They also quoted £167.18 for a ball joint front susp and £238.80 for a nearside top bearing strut. As these last three had been mentioned as advisory needing doing at some time on my last MOT, I instructed them to just do these three jobs. I then phoned my garage, who I wish I had gone to [lesson learned!!] they told me I was being charged at way above the correct rate, so I phoned back to ask the garage doing the work to stop, and deliver the car back to me. I was told this wasn't possible, as in the last 20 minutes or so, they had stripped all the defect parts from the car, and they couldn't be put back. I was trapped, but only had myself to blame for telling them to go ahead. I was told I would have the car back the following day. I was told to transfer the money [£606.36] to them immediately, in order for them to release the car. I phoned in the morning, and was told they were having trouble getting the parts!! I asked how long it would take to get them in, they didn't know. I phoned the garage direct, they said I would definitely have my car back that afternoon, between 4 and 6. At 4.30, I tried to phone the garage, no reply, so I phoned the servicing stop people, they said that the parts had only just come in, so were working on it then, but they didn't have any drivers to get the car back to me that evening, so it would be delivered between 8 and 10 the following morning. I found this strange, as the garage didn't open until 9am and it is half an hour from my home, and frankly, I had had so many lies, I wondered if I would ever get my car back. I phoned at 10 am in the morning, and was this time promised I would have my car back between 12 and 1pm. The car finally arrived back at 1.15pm. I took the keys and said goodbye. On driving it, the car had developed a squeak under the nearside bonnet. I drove it to my garage, who confirmed that the work done needed lubrication, and they did this for me, confirmed the work had been completed, they tightened up the nut where the squeak was, and all good. Lesson learned... You have no control over which garage completes the work, and think about it.. if you pay less than anyone else to do a service, they have to make their money up somehow, I now know how! They clearly don't understand the need to keep the customer informed, and lies seem to trip off the tongue when you inquire what is happening. You have to put your life on hold, as you never know when you will get the car back, and as they deliver to you, you have to be at home at all times, to be in to receive it. Not good, and I would never use them again, nor would I recommend them."
"Awful awful awful!!! They agreed to take my car between 8-9am so I could go on to work.... they called to check I was still expecting them but said they were running slightly late but I was still in the first list to be picked up - 12.30 they came!!!!!! They then gave me a list of things wrong with the car - some of the items were reasonably new and had been done in a separate job at another actual Mercedes garage, when queried the chap backtracked and said he didn’t know details and could only read what he was given. They then did not bring my car back that day as agreed but did not bother calling to tell me so I waited and waited then when I called at 5.30 to ask where they were - office closed and answer phone on!! Great now I have to find another way to get to work the next day...... to finish off two weeks later I went to use my sat nav.... the memory box has been removed from the glove compartment.... when I called to query... I was given 4 different stories before being sent a standard message saying they can’t believe anyone would have stolen the item and anyway their terms and conditions say they don’t take responsibility for any loss or theft!!!!!!!!!! What a joke - be aware you have been warned!!"
"The pick up was late by an hour, then when it came to the service they charged me £650 when I only needed one change made for my MOT they wanted to charge me an extra £180 for my two front tyers saying they was close to the legal limit, but unknowingly I had had them change 3 weeks before and there is nothing wrong with them. All in all feel ripped off, over price and bad delivery service not what I was expecting"
"Complete rip off. Not quoting for a full service at all. Extras to a full service - oil, brake fluid, fuel wash. Selling 'essentials' at hugely inflated costs. Avoid at all costs. https://youtu.be/wneio6Q44oY"
"Complete Rip off. I have used them previously for two years but their service has go e down drastically. To start with there was no communication after the car was picked up. Even though I called a few times I was on hold for soo long each time and after getting through to a so called customer advisor all was informed was that someone will ring me back from the garage. At around 5pm got a call that the car has been serviced but it failed the MOT and to sort it I need to do a list of things and the overall costs comes to £1100. After I told them I am not in a position to pay that much and I would want my car to be returned back I was told that someone will call back after speaking to the garage. Got a call for a different person who introduced her as the Manager and said that she is authorised to offer a discount on the charges and to get it pass through the MOT I just need to pay £575. As it sounded fishy, I insisted that I just want my car back but I was told it's too late to speak to the garage and the car will be returned only the day after if the Garage considers it suitable to do soo. Next day the drama continued and after a few calls finally was able to speak to the garage directly and the mechanic mentioned the list of works to be done and that he is not authorized to disclose charges. When I checked with a reliable local garage, I was given a charge of £350 for mandatory repairs to get it through MOT and around £80 for advisory repairs. So finally got it all sorted with the local garage for £415.. Don't know how these leaches are still being allowed to trade. Apart From ripping off the Vulnerable customers they are also spoiling the names of local garages. !!STOP USING SERVICING STOP!! Con Artists!! Complete Ripoff!!"
"Ripp off merchants. Their business model is to leach off the vounerable people. Their sales are full of con artists. Surprised people still use them, considering, plenty of bad reviews all over the website, not to mention the BBC watchdog program exposing them last year. They shouldn’t be allowed to trade"
"They didn't turn up, and I'm glad,after reading their reviews..Dragons Den Entrepreneurs,it's a joke,they are just after your money. It shows how dim the dragons are for backing them. These people should not be in business please do not use them."
"Didn't turn up to collect my car, didn't call me, didn't apologize,keep clear they are rubbish"
"Watch this... need one say more? THIS IS ALL... TRUE: Servicing Stop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wneio6Q44oY"
"STAY AWAY! BUYER BEWARE AS THEY SAY! Disgusting, unethical company who clearly do not care about the consumer! They quoted me £150 for a service & MOT with free collection and drop off. Sounded good. Within a couple of hours of taking my car they call me to say it will cost me £1100 max, £615 minimum for my car to be returned as it failed its MOT for pads and discs and unless I pay they wont return my car! Imagine, they had taken my car to a garage one hour away from my home and now threatening not to return it! My car is practically brand new and has been maintained by the main dealer up until then who did not think my pads and discs needed changing! I will be reporting these thieves to trading standards."
Servicing Stop is rated 3.41 based on 1,215 reviews