Servicing Stop Reviews

Categories:
MOT & Servicing
Motoring

Own Driver, Courier

How would you rate Servicing Stop ?

"This company are an absolute joke. Booked with them and they cancelled the first service. The next one got booked under the condition that they dropped that car back before a certain time, they agreed but I got the car back 2 hours late. Garage stated there was nothing wrong with the car, however they tried to charge me astronomical prices for a couple of advisories. The Servicing Stop adviser was very pushy with these too, trying to get me to pay these. I asked them to call me back in 10 mins and I got a quote from another garage for a quarter of the price. I refused the work and the adviser became huffy. When I got the car checked out by another garage i trust they said the work didn't need doing. I had also specifically asked for the brakes to be checked thoroughly as a slight squeaking had started but again the garage stated there was nothing wrong with the wheels or brakes. I challenged this and I kept contacting servicing stop on numerous occasions and I was fobbed off and got an email stating that servicing stop will vouch for the safety of my car. They should never have said this. Luckily I had the sense to get the car checked at another garage and the car had not only NOT been serviced but the brakes had not been checked and where so worn beyond any safe measure the garage couldn't let me leave without fixing. Now I have the report, images and pads for evidence and reported them to Trading Standards and they are still trying to fob me off. My family and myself have been driving around in that car and were in danger at every journey as the brakes could have failed at any time. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY EVER!!!"
"Everything. The person picking my car up was rude and unprofessional. The garage never contacted me I had to contact them there times late afternoon before finding out. They charge an insane amount and have no care about the price or even trying to reduce it. The day after I had to get my tyre changed as it was below the legal limit!! What did they even chexk. £470 later disgusting!!"
"Dealing with Servicing Stop has been a painful experience from day 1! For your own sanity, I recommend you avoid!! I originally booked a service only to be called a day later to say no garages have availability for the date I booked, so I rescheduled to the following week. Then the day before the service I get a call to confirm I can still do the following day. I confirm this and take the day off work, so I'm at home for the pick up and drop off of the vehicle. They were due to pick up between 8 - 10am, but I get a call at 9.30am from ServiceStop saying the garage had tried to contact me to confirm the pick up (which I confirmed the day before). At no point did my phone ring (with full reception on my phone), except for Servicing Stop calling me. Servicing Stop then tell me the garage can no longer do today and next availability is the following week! The prices seem really reasonable but from speaking to my dad who used them, they call you up on the day to try and upsell you extras and the oil and filter price doesn't include the correct oil, which they will call you on the day to upgrade you to. So I've now started calling local garages and the price difference is only about £5 - 10 (once you factor in the correct oil), so I'd suggest for a smoother experience and to avoid the regular breakdown in communications, spend the extra money and deal directly with your local garage. Never again will I use Servicing Stop and I'll now make it my mission to share my awful experiences with friends and family and online. Shameful!"
"I booked a full service and took the morning off work, to make sure I was in to hand the keys over. 1000 hrs came and went and after being put on hold for 20 mins, finally spoke to someone who said they couldn’t service my car!!!! I did receive a missed call from Servicing Stop, but gave up twice after being on hold over 20 mins. If there was a problem, why didn’t they email? Quite appalled by the lack of communications and really poor attitude of the HR person. I’ll take my business elsewhere!!!!!!"
"I realised that their all extra costs were overcharged.... and my car is making a cracking sound after the service."
"DO NOT USE!!!! RIP OFF! Rebooked twice, wouldn't bring me my car back, wanted £40 to change the wippers that were new from two weeks before! DO NOT USE! So many extra costs once they have your car!!!! DO NOT USE! THEY SHOULD NOT BE LEGAL, THEY SHOULD BE REPORTED!"
"These are middle men who don't care about what condition the car is returned after being serviced by one of their vetted garages. Car was given for a service and car returned with oil marks on the carpet and over the car. The service was a inspection, inspection of brakes and everything else and the alloys still had the same brake dust on them and no fingerprints anywhere to indicate someone had tried opening the nuts. Very dodgy and very unhelpful company, my advice stay well away and find your own garage."
"Don't get fooled by the cheap prices!! I had my car booked today for service, filter and oil change. The driver collected the car in the morning, everything was fine, but after a couple of hours I received a call, saying that the DPF on my car is blocked and that my car is not running over 30 mph anymore, even though 2 days before that I took the car for a ride, going with 70 mph. They've informed me that is going to cost me around 230£ to get it fixed. I refused to do so, knowing that my car didn't have any problems. After another hour, they called me again, confirming that I don't want to get it fix. As part of the deal, I was expecting my car to be returned. After half an hour, I received a third call, saying that I have to go and collet my car by myself because they said it was dangerous for the driver to bring it and now they were saying that my car wasn't going above 30mph on the way there either. So if it was dangerous to bring it back, why did they take it in the first place? Wasn't it as dangerous on the way there as well, if so? Once the driver got to the motorway and realised is not working properly, why wasn't I informed? Extremely poor costumer service, 10 min waiting time for each call, trying to get more info about my car. Stay away from this company, I would rate them 0 stars if possible."
"My daughters Audi A1 went in for service in February , in June she complained that her steering had gone stiff, a friend of mine who is a qualified mechanic asked her to drop the car into the garage where he worked and he would have a look to find out what the problem was , He informed us that the steering fluid had run dry so he checked the seals and pump and found no problem with them , my daughter mentioned it only went n for service 4 months before , he told her that in his opinion as a mechanic the steering fluid had not been checked or topped up, there is an inspection point under the wheel arch that had never been removed , also to get to the fluid tank you need to remove the headlight to open the top on the tank , again in his opinion the headlight had never been moved and the top of the tank had never been open , he is used to dealing with later model cars and can tell when things have been removed before, Got in touch with service stop not interested at all , i offered to take the car into the garage where my friend works an get a written report at their cost but they were not interested they wanted me to take my car back to the garage that done the service . Apart from feeling uneasy going to that garage i know they will say that they did check and top up the fluid as they ticked it off on the check list. Since my friend topped up the fluid there as been no problem or fluid loss , so it leaves me to wonder did they do any of the checks they said were done or did i waste 275 pound , Buyer beware"
"The actual garage where I took my car (as there were no drivers able to collect mine) couldn't have been more helpful. My complaint is with the dishonest telephone agents for Service Stop who pressure and lie to get you to agree to extortionate extras. ie £40 for a pollen filter (£8 from a reputable national supplier) £60 to replace brake fluid. Told I needed a fuel filter (replaced by main deeler 5 months ago) £60 for engine flush. When I queried everything with the garage owner none of the items were required. Won't ever use Service Stop again but I will book direct with the garage. My advice book direct with the garage it works out a hell of a lot cheaper."
"Worst company I've ever used please don't make the same mistake as me, ripped me off with extra work that was submitted standard and left me a car worse than when I gave it to them. Even lost my locking wheel nut."
"So I recently booked my car in for a service with Servicing Stop, I was pleased with the online price. There was an issue with the day I had chosen but I had a call to rearrange and it was all sorted. The car was collected on time which was very good. The issue I had was when the service advisor to call me with the extras, I was sat at my computer so was able to compare the prices he was giving me with a known car repair website that offers various services. I was quoted £80ish for a brake fluid change and £350 for new front brake discs and pads. So away I go on the website and put this in and receive a total around the £200 from various garages for the exact same work. So I said this to the service advisor on the phone and he immediately knocked the price down from £350 to £300 for the discs and pads on the front. I said you are still way over the top and he kept saying that is the price. Every other extra was a similar extravagant markup. I understand that they sell the service cheap to make money on markups, the funny thing is, that most of this mark up goes to servicing stop and not the garage doing the work. I will look elsewhere for the extra work. I WILL NOT BE USING SERVICINGSTOP AGAIN!!! I advise that you purely use them for the service and then contact an independent garage to do any extra work, as ServicingStop will rip you off! This is nothing to do with the garage that did the work on my car, they were very good, it's just a shame that ServicingStop exists only to rip people off. Read all the other reviews online and you will see a similar story."
"hi, after sevice , low oil level missing 1.5 l reduced car performance , 3 calls , after promesing sombody call me back to fix the problem... nothing , obviously they ask about feetback before you pay...."
"AVOID - in my opinion this company are terribly dishonest. Servicing Stop charge £20 to collect and deliver your car and take it to a local outlet for service and MOT. I let them take my car recently and the MOT results came back with over £800 of compulsory repairs required. My suspicions were aroused by the fact that they were intending to charge £600+ to repair a cracked headlamp. My car is a common model and spares are cheap and plentiful. They also FAILED TO NOTICE that I have a centre seatbelt (lap strap) in the centre rear seat. The MOT tester said it was missing and wanted £270 to replace it. It had simply slipped down the crack between the seats! Anyhow to cut a long story short I had the car independently re-tested today at a reputable local service station. It passed first time with just 2 minor advisories. Note that the garage were not party to the results of the test performed by Servicing Stop - they were looking at the vehicle fresh with no bias. Servicing Stop are (in my opinion) not fit for purpose and it would appear they are attempting to extort money from the unwary. I'm not often driven to writing poor reviews - but this company are appalling."
"Ludicrously high fees for replacing parts following an MOT failure. My advice would be to stick to your local dealer with whom you can build a trust-relationship and have proper discussions rather than being spammed by emails. Not impressed."
"Very unhappy with the way these guys charge- its a clear trap to lure you with cheap prices and charge crazyly for any any small peice of work which could be a very cheap fix in other well known grages. Serioulsy i got fooled once but not anymore....so a note of caution guys please dont go with these bunch of loosers - they are there to fool you especially people who dont know more about cars. Final verdict is be sensible in the way you spend your hard earned money and look for other option ......rembember ..CHEAP IS NOT ...ALWAYS GOOD"
"I selected for a Full service for my Range Rover and paid extra money to have engine and pollen filter replaced. after few days had warning on computer saying diesel exhaust levels low, brake pads need changing. I am very disappointed with Service Stop Ltd, for using a cowboy garage who have not fully carried proper checks on my vehicle."
"Tried servicing stop for the first time. I was given a list of advisories. On further inspection by another mechanic none of these things needed changing. The bill was over £1000. AVOID!!!!"
"i thought about a lot of using service stop and also seeing their reviews. Thought I would take a chance but this will be last time I use them. Had the MOT and Full service on Friday. The pick up was fine. Then I got call at around 4 MOT failed due to windscreen blade and also got a advisory of brake fluid oil both agreed to change which costed around 70 pounds inc VAT. I was told the work will be completed and will get an email to make payment and then car will be released. The customer service agent then did not call to inform abt any delays. I called them back at 6 and they informed it will be delivered and they may be doing last bits of paper work. After this around at 6.45 the garage called and informed that they did not get the windscreen blade so the delivery will be next day at 9 am. I was not happy I informed i had booked a trip to Isle of wight and require to leave at 7. They informed they cannot do anything. Frustrated, i change the booking of the ferry , by paying extra to 12.30. Today morning I have not received the car at 9 , I called customer service and they informed that they were waiting for a driver to come back to deliver the car. So overall my experience has not been great , we may thing we are paying less for the whole service but remember this was you get for paid and an other work is costly. I would say stay away and stick the garages like kwik fit or halfords they are way much better in their comms and are honest. Last time I use their service!!!!"
"Absolute joke If your thinking of using these guys be very careful. I brought an Audi TT last year, the service light came on so I thought Id best get it serviced and found 'Servicing Stop' it had a lot of mixed reviews but I thought I'd give it a go. There was an offer on 60% off a full service so I went for it. The car was picked as promised all ok I thought then midday I got a call from them, very calmly the guy on the other end rolled off a whole list of things that needed doing including remove and refit of the camshaft. The end total was over £1200! In a bit of a shock, I just said to change the air and pollen filter and oil bringing down the cost to £178. The car was then delivered back. It was then bugging that there seemed to be so much to be done to the car so I went through the paperwork on the car (god I wished I had checked this first!) The previous owner had, in fact, had a full service done and had actually had the camshaft drive completely replaced! There is no way it would have worn down as I do very little mileage To add insult to injury the reason I wanted the air and pollen filters replaced was that when I use the air conditioning in summer there is a really musty smell, and guess what when I used the air con this summer yes there was that musty smell again which only indicates that the filters were not replaced. These guys are a complete rip off use them at your own peril but be very careful because you might end up paying a lot more money for work that doesn't need doing!"
Servicing Stop is rated 3.59 based on 1,124 reviews