Lyco Reviews

of reviewers recommend Lyco
Read Lyco Reviews

About Lyco:

Lyco was established in 1995 and has grown to become the UK's premier lighting company. What sets us apart from our competitors is our focus on providing the latest products from around the world at the very best prices coupled with a level of service that is second to none. Today there are over 40 people working at our base in Milton Keynes.

customerservice@lyco.co.uk

24-26, Vincent Avenue, Milton Keynes

Easy to use website used several times in the last but latest package arrived damaged and internal lightbulb boxes damaged. Not sure yet whether the bulbs themselves are working
Service quality is poor. An order placed in November took over 4 weeks to fulfil despite 2 of the 3 items being in stock. The 3rd item was cancelled but payment taken at time of ordering it has not yet been refunded. Phone lines are not answered and emails are only sporadically replied to.
We paid for express delivery 1/2days. Although it was over the New Year, a week later and still have not received our order.
I placed my order and waited more than a month for it to be delivered following numerous emails that went unanswered. The telephone lines were turned off so it wasnt possible to contact the team. I finally reached them by posting on the facebook page, after which my order was despatched quickly.
Sorry to say but the step ladders took over a week to be delivered.a bit slow.
parcel arrived damaged as it was poorly packaged.
To be fair can't comment too much about Lyco but I paid £4.99 for express delivery and then find out it's Hermes who are supposed to be delivering a couple of small led lights, Hermes are just a joke in the north of Scotland, it could get delivered to anywhere if it ever gets delivered at all, if I'd known they were using Hermes I would have probably gone somewhere else, 4 days for express delivery and this is Friday so no chance now before Monday.
sizes need to be clearer on the light fittings on the web site to avoid having to send back. Still awaiting 2 lamps for my fittings
Thank you for getting in touch. I am pleased to let you know your two lamps are due for delivery tomorrow, 20th July. Apologies for the delay.

With regard to the dimensions of the Garland Lights, perhaps you overlooked the details in our "Key Features" section on the product page on our website, just below the image:-

"10 x cool white LED lights each pre-wired with 5 metre cable and connectors
Size: W 30 x D 25mm"

Many thanks for your order and I hope you will shop with us again very soon.

Kind Regards

Patricia
Discount code not accepted by the system when placing order. Told by customer services that it would be applied once the order dispatched. That was nearly 2 months ago and still no credit - despite multiple emails to Customer Services. Still being sent weekly emails offering me discounts on future purchases!
The reason I have only given this item a two star rating is the connecting lead supplied is ridiculously short and makes fitting it very difficult and as it is an outside light the connection needs to be weather proof. There is no way to replace this lead into the unit so over all I wouldn't recommend it or buy it again
Sadly not a great experience. The product/packing/delivery were great but the customer service was shocking.

I placed the order and within a couple of minuets I had realised that the wrong size of light had been ordered.
I phoned the customer service number twice only to be cut off, so I sent an email to the customer service email (11 minuets after placing the order) asking them to cancel and explained why. Heard nothing back from them till an email late the night informing me that the item was being dispatched :-(

The parcel arrived, I phoned customer services about returning the item explained that I had tried to contact them and had received nothing back.. I asked who would be paying the return costs, I was asked to forward the email to the chap.. AGAIN heard nothing back from them.

The next day I got an email explaining how to return. I asked AGAIN who was paying for this and the response I got was this " I have consulted with the Team Member with whom you spoke and he has no recollection of agreeing to cancel the return charge as this would not be within his remit, or mine for that matter, it would have to be referred to my Line Manager."
I never received a response from this person so of course he wouldn't remember speaking with me about this as it never happened!!

"There is a very short window of literally seconds to cancel an order off the system" So basically you can't cancel an order even though I phoned minutes after placing the order and then followed up with an email 11 minutes after the order was placed.. there was no good will gesture.. nothing!

Sometimes its not just about the product or price.. its the customer service you receive, its the way you are treated that makes you want to go back and order again.

I will not be ordering from this company again.
I?m still waiting for a response to an email I sent a week ago
25 tubes delivered 8 broken not a happy person
I have still not received my lights & customer support number supplied not answered
They were not clear on delivery delays until after order. I ordered in March and still not had the item.
Dont post items in different boxes in the same order and try and deliver them all to the correct address
Still waiting for the product.
I know things are delayed with the current situation, but should have been stated originally when I ordered the product 4 weeks ago.
Why don't they just use the postal service to deliver small packages. Over a week for Hermes to deliver a 5 meter cable.
The 5 meter cable then is delivered in a 18" x 18" box.
I ordered lights thinking they would take 5 days, now taking 3 weeks. Lastly, on another order the delivery company left the bulbs on my doorstep after telling them the shed. So not happy with this service.
The lights that I ordered where exactly what I wanted, however the express service that I payed for was late. The currier service had someone two miles away sing for the parcel but dident leave it, this left me chasing around trying to convince the career that I had not received it, it did arrive the following day. I would suggest you give your career service a shakeing.
Lyco is rated 4.74 based on 15,836 reviews