Lyco Reviews

of reviewers recommend Lyco
Read Lyco Reviews

About Lyco:

Lyco was established in 1995 and has grown to become the UK's premier lighting company. What sets us apart from our competitors is our focus on providing the latest products from around the world at the very best prices coupled with a level of service that is second to none. Today there are over 40 people working at our base in Milton Keynes.

customerservice@lyco.co.uk

24-26, Vincent Avenue, Milton Keynes

Hi I haven't actually received my light! I ordered it before Easter!
I ordered two LED tubes, both of which arrived shattered as a result of being extremely poorly packed. Lyco put each i. A cardboard sheath and then left them to rattle inside a much larger cardboard box. As I had specifically pointed out they needed to be well packed, you can understand my dissatisfaction.
Poor service I'm afraid ... Ordered an item on 10 March and paid for Express Delivery (1-2 days) ... No delivery by 15 March ... Telephoned and spoke to Dean who said he would investigate and call me back ... No call by end of day ... Tried ringing again, to receive a message stating that calls are not being taken, nor is it possible to leave a message, and any contact needs to be by email ... Eventually the item was delivered and I was told that that the carriage charge would be refunded, but no apology ... A sorry tale
The electrical connections are very poor. I would suggest paying more and purchasing a product with appropriate electrical connections for installing
I purchased a light from this company but made a mistake with address when ordering and put the billing address as the shipping address. I placed the order and realised immediately through reading the ack, contacted the company 7 times and asked them to change the del address, they said they couldn’t help me and basically that was that.
Do not deal with this company - I ordered a batch of five fluorescent tubes from them and they were absolute rubbish - they would not fire up properly. When I tried to initiate a return the lighting direct website (to which Lyco directed me) denied knowledge of my order the I was charged £15.98 for the privilege which I want back. The only reason that I have given them one star is that there are no zero or negative stars. Do not touch this lot!
Everything went really well with the order, up to the point it didn't arrive, the driver apparently left the package outside another companies door in the middle of an open industrial site on a Saturday, shock it wasn't there n Monday.
Products rubbish. Customer services rubbish. Warranty not worth the paper it's written on. I bought 8 sealed (the bulbs cannot be changed) downlights for my kitchen which came with a 7 year warranty. After 4 and 5 years (so far), bulbs have gone. The first one was replaced with the wrong light as they no longer make them and doesn't look right to this day. They are not even responding as regards to the second one. Oh and guess who has to sort the electrics...? UPDATE: Customer services called me after this review to offer me the chance to buy some more!!
My delivery was not my complete order and I haven’t been advised when the balance will be despatched
Ordered some LED GU10 bulbs which were a special design to fit my light fittings. The picture showed the correct style and I contacted Lyco before ordering to ensure that I would be getting exactly what was pictured on the website. They confirmed this but still sent me something different. Luckily they are plastic cased so can be adapted but that is not the point. Won't be using them again.
Have not recieved my items and it's been nearly 2 weeks.All I've had is an e-mail to say the courier delivered the items which they haven't and no answer on the number or replys to emails. I'm out of pocket just under £50
Had a notification yesterday.....saying parcel will be arriving 10th November....between 1.25pm-3.25pm, sat in all day,Still hasn’t arrived....not happy
Returns process does not work. Emailed Returns for a returns number and was sent link to Returns Service. Opened link and completed form asking for order number and post code. Response "order no and post code could not be found". Tried to contact by phone. gave up after 15min.
Order 3 off LED cabinet light units which arrived within 24 hrs. 1 off light unit was incorrect type and not acceptable. Poor Customer Service. It is automated with no chance of speaking directly with an operator. Have sent email as instructed. It will take up to 3 days to get an answer to this problem according to an automated email response, plus additional days to correct order.
Not received my item still waiting
I am sorry you appear to be disappointed. Your order was dispatched yesterday (5th August) and will be delivered tomorrow. Our carrier will be in touch directly with the delivery details in due course. As shown on our website these festoon lights were not in stock when you decided to place the order but arrived with us as expected yesterday. Thank you for your feedback - I hope you are delighted with your lights. Kind Regards Patricia
Send wrong items 3 times in 10 days called customer service on voice mail...email customer service no reply a week pass still waiting ???
Delivery was late ,when I chased you said you were waiting for supplies , therefore you taking money from me for goods you did not have , not happy with this ,now looking for a new supplier
Customer service team ignore emails. I had items missing from my first order of £400 which were not replaced and I had to purchase additional parts at extra cost
I am sorry you are disappointed with us and the issue took longer than expected to resolve. We did in fact send out the missing cable for on 2nd July to complete your order. If this is not required now please let us know and we can arrange collection and refund of this element of the order. I hope you are enjoying the garden lighting purchased from us. Thank you for shopping with us. Kind Regards Patricia Customer Service Manager
Items were delivered later than expected and partially broken on arrival. Customer services have been emailed (with photos of broken bulbs) and have not replied.
Useless website. Kept showing bad gateway when logging in. Then asked to re-register and then rejected registration. Emailed support several times and got no response. Eventually had to use a different email address to buy what I needed and check out as a guest. Wouldn?t have bothered using but had to match fittings that had been bought from here by a previous electrician. Website user-unfriendly and customer support non existent. Much easier to buy else where...
Lyco is rated 4.74 based on 15,838 reviews