Keys4U Locksmith Reviews

of reviewers recommend Keys4U Locksmith

Tell us how Keys4U Locksmith made you happy
Today I have been robbed by Keys4U. It was a normal job not an emergency for just changing the multi-locking mechanism lock on my UPVC door. Just for the lock and keep they charged me £161. I had bought exactly the same lock from the local lock Smith for £69 plus vat. When I try to speak with the customer services the lady was very rude and didn't even bother to listen to me. I would suggest you to stay away from them and look around for someone nice with reasonable price.
Hi Abdullah I am sorry to hear about your experience. Please email my colleague at customercare@allservices4u.co.uk and she will look into this for you immediately.
14 July. My lock was changed very quickly. I was quoted 49 quid but I was charged 112.the service was ok but not happy with the cost.IWould never use you again.
Terrible experience! Invoice and reference Job L4L-194843. I don't take any pleasure nor vindication in writing a negative review, but I think it's my duty to warn other clients before they get conned like I did. We accidently locked the key inside a room upstairs, looked up a local locksmith on Google and found the number for Keys4U. Called them up and explained the issue, asked for a quote and was told £59.99 or something very similar. Upon arrival, the locksmith was efficient, he opened the door within 10 seconds of starting and explained the total bill was £148.80 due to additional charges that were held back from me on the phone call. Apparently just the visit alone without any intervention was 60 pounds... Call it misleading, lie, fraud, abuse, call it business as usual, whatever you like but it doesn't change the fact that a company can charge me hidden costs and an extra £90 (including VAT, also not referenced anywhere in our conversations). Practices like these should be investigated by both the Ombudsman and financial authorities because they are borderline fraudulent. I feel angry and cheated, technically got robbed by the locksmith company!
Awful service, tried to scam me. Quoted non destructive at approximately £60 + tax, arrived and tried to make me pay £190 + tax for something that took him less than 5 minutes to complete stating that: “It’s not possible to opening without drilling and is anti pick”. We disagreed and pushed him to try and open it without drilling. No special tricks seemed to be used to open it. A lot or barging and brute force it seemed. Doesn’t seem like much of a “trade secret”. Seemed very unhappy when we didn’t pay £190 which he was going to send to somebody that I previously had not spoken to on the phone. Sounded like he was paying a friend, then would forward the original £60 to the company. Very dodgy. Do have photo and video evidence of the worker. After speaking to the boss of the company who was greatly apologetic and helpful and made sure we only paid £60 and tax, it further made me think that the man was trying to scam me. 10/10 for the boss. 0/10 for the “engineer”
Good morning Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am so sorry to hear that the charges were incorrect but I am glad to hear that this has now been resolved. This is certainly an isolate incident and one of which we take very seriously. Please don't hesitate to get back in touch in the future so we can assist you.
I had new lock fitted .My door knob is gold but he fitted silver lock. I asked why silver ? No good answer. I asked him a new one was same as old one and he said yes. I checked cost of new lock on internet it's cheap and he took only less than 10 minutes to fit a lock. and he charged me £80+ vat I am not happy at all.
Hi Mrs Keiko Butterworth Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry to hear that the incorrect knob was fitted on your door. Could you please contact us at customercare@allservices4u.co.uk and we can look into this for you?
The guy who came out was fine the issue was not with him, the issue was trying to charge me £250 for a lock replacement (which on Amazon / general googling are worth Approx £30) plus £79 labour so over £300 to change a lock. I appreciate companies put a margin on parts but to go from £30 to £250 is beyond reasonable!! I asked them to take the part back out again but still had to pay £70 odd pound for not resolving the issue! Not impressed!!
Hi Ruth Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Please email us at customercare@allservices4u.co.uk so we can investigate this further for you.
Classic daytime TV Cowboy con. Quoted one price then on arrival two likely lads in an unbranded car turn up to charge just over 4 times the price with a beaming and knowing smile. This was after arriving 45 minutes late! They then had the gaul to charge a callout fee despite claiming on their own website that they have "no callout charge" and offer "free estimates". Three local independent Locksmiths have quoted a price largely similar to each other at around half this company's price. Even customer services talk over you, patronise you and call you 'mate'. They may be a reputable company however these two individuals and customer services certainly are not! Please do not use! I haven't, will never and sent them packing.
Complete rip off. Bunch of thieves Charged £426 to break open locked door and to supply and change night latch and lock. The guy spent less then 1 h and I have it all recorded. These cheap locks are about £15 (see below). These people are clearly thieves and it is shocking that they are not regulated and their fees regulated by law. For comparison, customer my wife doctor who treats covid patients was paid less for a 10h shift is full protective gear in London hospital. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Night-Latch-Door-Lock-Y-89-85-With-CHROME-Rim-Cylinder-And-Door-Pull-Nightlatch-/154148970917?_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286
Hi Boris Thank you for your email. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the pricing. Please email us at customercare@allservices4u.co.uk so we can investigate this for you.
Overpriced for 2 second job £70 and used peice of plastic to open my yale lock. Smiled and walked away
Good afternoon Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Our standard callout rate has be applied to our visit to your home and I can see we managed to open the lock with no damage. We will take this feedback on board to ensure our costs are more clear in future
Super expensive!
Hi Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please contact at us on customercare@allservices4u.co.uk and we would be happy to look into this for you.
Sorry it was a mistake
If I could give 0 stars, I would but that’s not an option. We called a local number thinking we were supporting local. Today we had the keys to our new home and wanted the locks changing. We got through and were told we have an option with the barrels starting from £20 for the type of doors we specified and labour would be £69 per hour. We opted for the most basic locks at £20. We had 5 locks changed, and the locksmith was with us no more than 40 mins. We thought this was great as the person on the phone mentioned it would be no more than £195.. Our total was £375!!!! We were gobsmacked, so much so we didn’t get chance to tell the locksmith to take the locks out again and we’d find someone else, locally, and just pay him his labour fee!! We couldn’t understand the locksmith all that well with his accent and he said he could only tell us the price at the checkout screen on his phone once we told him how we’d like to pay after he’d fitted the locks. Called the office when he left and they basically called us liars saying they wouldn’t of given prices over the phone!! DO NOT USE THESE LOCKSMITHS!!!!!
Hi Tom Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am glad to see that this has now been resolved with our customer service team. Please let us know if there is anything further we can assist you with.
Locksmith very polite and did a good job. Office staff rude.
AVOID. Came quickly which was great, but very pushy and rip off charges. Quote one thing on the phone and when they get here they have you at a disadvantage and will charge you up to four times the price and when you say no they “agree” to reduce it a little but still over priced. Dishonest practice would not recommend or use again.
Good morning I am sorry to hear you don't feel as though you have been charged fairly for the service Please contact our customer care team at customercare@allservices4u.co.uk
Avoid at all costs!!! My front door mechanism had broken - once the technician came out and inspected it, he seemed very untrustworthy. He then quoted me £220 plus VAT just to get into the door and then a further £400 plus VAT for labour and materials which couldn’t even guarantee a fixed door. I refused to go with him and he then charged me £70 for a cancellation fee. I had no other choice and I felt very vulnerable with him now knowing my address. Avoid at all costs - these technicians are con artists!
Hi I am sorry to hear about the experience you had with our service. Please contact our customer care team at customercare@allservices4u.co.uk so we can look into this for you,
£138 for a small post box lock !
Locksmith was on site within 5 minutes, however immediately quoted £210 stating lock had to be drilled and new installed. I was asking about picking the lock and did tell the back door had a different and simple lock. I was told they never picked locks and further more the locksmith didn't even want to check the kind of lock I had on the back door. £210 when was expecting £49 was far too much, special as it was not even checked if back door could be opened instead.
I was charged £85 +VAT for a Keysafe that is available for under £30 max and £12.50 on Amazon. I have no problem with the installation and charge for that - the guy came quickly and did a thorough job. He just ripped me off for the box. I needed it quickly for carers coming in and feel I have been ripped off. They do not reply to emails querying the charge.
Good afternoon Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Our customer care team will get back to all emails with 48 hours. Please email us at customercare@allservices4u.co.uk and we will be happy to help.
Locksmith arrived late looked at lock told me i needed a high security lock and my door needed to be alined. Said lock would be 300 pounds plus but i needed this lock because if my home was broken into insurance would not pay out if i had a cheaper lock fitted. This whole process took about 10 minutes when i said i didnt want work done i was told there was a cancellation fee of 58.80 that had to be paid then, locksmith didnt have any change so ended up giving him 60 pounds no change or reciept given. This whole experience has left me feeling as if ive been taken for a fool. Feel as if he was trying to scare me into purchasing the expensive lock now im left with lock not fixed and worried. wiil not be using you company and will be letting people know of this horrid experience.
Hi Lesley I am sorry to hear about the experience you had. Could you please email our team at customercare@allservices4u.co.uk and we can look into this for you as a matter of urgency? Kind regards
Don’t use this company as they like to charge elderly people £89.99 for a call out which as a service is said to be free by them. No work had been carried out, the only information given was that the elderly couple needed a new door.
Keys4U Locksmith is rated 4.74 based on 1,825 reviews