John Charcol Reviews

of reviewers recommend John Charcol
customer service
Read John Charcol Reviews

About John Charcol:

John Charcol is an award-winning team of independent mortgage experts who provide friendly and professional advice both over the phone and in person. We help thousands of people each year and have become one of the top mortgage brokers in the UK.

Tell us how John Charcol made you happy
Had some good advice from Steve Molina and he chased some useful deals even when it was a challenge. Hayley Sydes did a good job in sorting out the complex paperwork
Name of Adviser/Client Relationship Manager Charlotte Adams
Continuous support even when things were not going so well
Name of Adviser/Client Relationship Manager Maise Ryves
You lost a star because my mortgage was held up by a very poor performance from Hodge solicitors. However, Maisie Ryves saved the day with her cool, calm and professional manner. Time for a pay rise and promotion for Maisie?
We were very happy with Razz at John Charcol during our remortgage. He was very professional, answered our queries promptly and was understanding when we had questions.
Name of Adviser/Client Relationship Manager Harry Limburn
Very impressed with Harry Limburn - very helpful and informative
The team were very helpful, friendly and provided a good offer of available products. There were issues with the initial time frames suggested but this was addressed as best as possible.
Good service
Which office? Southampton
Kept up momentum even during the woeful times
Prompt Service. Good Response.
It has been a good experience working with John Charcol, I was kept updated with the progress of my case and I am satisfied with the outcome.
Jessica Childs and Fiona Allan worked tirelessly to get our (very difficult and complicated!!) mortgage sorted out for us. We are very grateful to them, and would certainly ask them to help us next time we needed a mortgage. Really pleased customers - thank you!!
Thank you all. Very efficient and really helpful people. Will continue to use and recommend to others
Which office? Southampton
Pleasant and efficient staff .
This is the third time I've used John Charcol to help me find the right mortgage for my situation, and once again, their professionalism and insight, and plain speak (James and Katie and the rest of the team) has been greatly appreciated. I will no doubt use them again in the future!
Definitely worth the fee. Paula Willock and Alison Briggs were always at the end of the phone and provided clear helpful advice on getting the mortgage through as quickly as possible. If something needed to be chased they were on it immediately. When Alison was away on holiday, Scott picked up and was equally as helpful. Thank you team :)
Very good at what they do. Made my life easy !
John Charcoal had provided excellent service and prompt responses. However you may still run into issues during your conveyancing process. As such it is important to stay on top of things yourself.
Had a recent mortgage renewal from John Charcol & found my advisers Joanne Irwin & Tom Clifford fantastic from Start to finish making the whole process very straight forward, with my busy work schedule it worked out great for me, they done the work & found them easy to do business with. Highly recommended. Many Thanks.
I used John Charcol for a remortgage of my buy-to-let property. Overall the service was what I expected of a company like John Charcol but I have to make particular mention of Keyleigh Lewis, the client relationship manager. She very regularly updated me so I had a clear idea of what was happening to my mortgage application. And when things were stuck due to not so efficient solicitor firm that helped with my remortgage, she diligently worked with me and them and got things moving. My thanks to her in particular.
Very professional and customer-focused. Would definitely use John Charcol again.
John Charcol is rated 4.85 based on 1,768 reviews