John Charcol Reviews

of reviewers recommend John Charcol
Read John Charcol Reviews

About John Charcol:

John Charcol is an award-winning team of independent mortgage experts who provide friendly and professional advice both over the phone and in person. We help thousands of people each year and have become one of the top mortgage brokers in the UK.

Tell us how John Charcol made you happy
This has been my first contact with John Charcol and I found them helpful and prompt in sorting out my mortgage affairs.
Sarah and Toni were both very helpful in coordinating information flow and ensuring that the process was moving forward.
I have been delighted with the service and expertise of JC. This should have been a relatively straightforward transaction but, large due to problems with third parties, the process became extended for more than would have been expected. The staff at JC were diligent in their attempts to expedite matters. The only reason I have, with some reservations, have suggested four rather than five stars, is that it took a little while for matters to get going at the start when communications were not as frequent as I thought necessary.
Being able to remortgage with this company was stressless and very convenient. The friendly staff was able to meet my every need. Thank you for the hard work and I recommend John Charcol to manage your mortgage. Whether it be your first time or a renewal, their proactive and flexible approach will meet all your expectations.
I find John Charcol very accommodating and helpful.
Had some good advice from Steve Molina and he chased some useful deals even when it was a challenge. Hayley Sydes did a good job in sorting out the complex paperwork
Continuous support even when things were not going so well
You lost a star because my mortgage was held up by a very poor performance from Hodge solicitors. However, Maisie Ryves saved the day with her cool, calm and professional manner. Time for a pay rise and promotion for Maisie?
We were very happy with Razz at John Charcol during our remortgage. He was very professional, answered our queries promptly and was understanding when we had questions.
Very impressed with Harry Limburn - very helpful and informative
The team were very helpful, friendly and provided a good offer of available products. There were issues with the initial time frames suggested but this was addressed as best as possible.
Good service
Kept up momentum even during the woeful times
Prompt Service. Good Response.
It has been a good experience working with John Charcol, I was kept updated with the progress of my case and I am satisfied with the outcome.
Jessica Childs and Fiona Allan worked tirelessly to get our (very difficult and complicated!!) mortgage sorted out for us. We are very grateful to them, and would certainly ask them to help us next time we needed a mortgage. Really pleased customers - thank you!!
Thank you all. Very efficient and really helpful people. Will continue to use and recommend to others
Pleasant and efficient staff .
This is the third time I've used John Charcol to help me find the right mortgage for my situation, and once again, their professionalism and insight, and plain speak (James and Katie and the rest of the team) has been greatly appreciated.

I will no doubt use them again in the future!
Definitely worth the fee. Paula Willock and Alison Briggs were always at the end of the phone and provided clear helpful advice on getting the mortgage through as quickly as possible. If something needed to be chased they were on it immediately. When Alison was away on holiday, Scott picked up and was equally as helpful. Thank you team :)
John Charcol is rated 4.85 based on 1,874 reviews