John Charcol Reviews

of reviewers recommend John Charcol
customer service
Read John Charcol Reviews

About John Charcol:

John Charcol is an award-winning team of independent mortgage experts who provide friendly and professional advice both over the phone and in person. We help thousands of people each year and have become one of the top mortgage brokers in the UK.

Tell us how John Charcol made you happy
Initial contact with any organisation is perhaps the most crucial moment that influences your impression of who you are dealing with. Jake Cousins was my 'initial contact' and he was an ultimate professional and a credit to your company. Following on, the service I received from Mia, then David and lastly and in particular, Gemma Kahn was first class. I would not hesitate to recommend your brokerage to anyone who is seeking a Mortgage of any description. Many thanks.
Helped me with mortgage for buying a house. Provided very good service and made process very simple
John Charcoal had provided excellent service and prompt responses. However you may still run into issues during your conveyancing process. As such it is important to stay on top of things yourself.
John Charcol was excellent sorting out a good range of mortgages for me, and ensuring that things kept moving through the purchase of our property. However, the insurances associated with this were not in place by the time we exchanged and completed our contracts, and as a result I had to spend considerable time taking out a policy directly with an insurer.
We are happy that we were able to arrange your mortgage, but are sorry to hear that you have been left disappointed with the insurance service you have experienced at John Charcol. Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback and we will use it to prevent this from happening again.

We would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss this further with you. If you are happy to, please send your contact to our Chief Commercial Officer, Luke Somerset: luke.somerset@johncharcol.co.uk.
Jc makes the difficult easy and the impossible possible Even during the most difficult buying chain JC was the voice of reason, assurance and common sense You can absolutely rely on them Awesome Absolutely Awesome We are now in a home we never dreamed we could be in!
This is my 2nd time where Steven Prior has sourced the right mortgage deal for me, after a fantastic experience 2 years ago. I would whole heartedly recommend Steven to my contacts and will continue to deal with him in the future. His manner is professional, is clearly very well informed and knowledgeable and was always readily available to speak either via email or on the phone.
Mark Nicholls and Katy Swift at John Charcol kept me updated on the progression of my case. They were always professional and happy to assist me in any query I had. I would have no hesitation in recommending John Charcol for mortgage advice. I have used Mark Nicholls and John Charcol for a while and I have never been disappointed
This is the second time I have used a John Charcol broker and again I was very pleased with the service. Mandeep Rai provided us with excellent advice on the best deal and ensured the process was as smooth as possible.
It’s my absolute pleasure to recommend John Charcol (Kathryn & Tom) Their knowledge and expertise as a mortgage broker was excellent Along with there undeniable talent, they have always been an absolute joy to get in touch for advice. they managed to foster positive discussions and bring the best mortgages to the table. Without a doubt, I confidently recommend Katheryn & Tom as a dedicated and knowledgeable broker and an all-around great persons.
Nine months of excruciatingly slow and non-responsive dealings with this specific broker. Although the outcome was positive in that eventually they delivered a decent rate, the painstakingly poor experience is one I wouldn't like to repeat again. The money we lost during the whole process (which from experience could have been completed in a more reasonable 4 months) of transferring our mortgage across was hefty. I can only put this down to the particular broker, and not JC as a company, as we had dealt with other brokers at JC in the past who had been positive, efficient and helpful.
Michael Nicholson was recommended to us a while ago but we never got around to getting touch - now I just wish we'd have contacted him straight away. From first contact to completion Michael and Riza Jerusalem have been amazing. We had a great product sourced in a matter of days after providing our details to Michael, he then came out to us to get everything signed and was so genuine I knew then we had made the right choice to use him. Email and telephone updates all along the process and Riza's helpful 'can do' attitude was very much appreciated. This has definitely been the best mortgage application process we have ever gone through, I have not once had to contact Michael or Riza to chase anything - they were completely on it! Absolutely no hesitation in recommending them (in fact we were already doing so even before completion because we knew they were great)! Thank you so much for a super efficient and stress free process.
(Southampton) - Posted 2 years ago
They provided very prompt and efficient service, and came up with a mortgage solution that was extremely closely tailored to our quite specific needs.
Sarita provided no nonsense advise tailored to my specific needs. She was quickly able to take over the file from her colleague. Nothing was too much trouble and she ensured she kept me informed each step with progress seen every day in the process. It was relatively stress free for me! I would definitely recommend Sarita Varma and John Charcoal.
(London) - Posted 3 years ago
John Charcol were able to provide us a mortgage at short notice, as our previous mortgage advisor had missed out a major detail - which was noticed at exchange! The mortgage came through in just over a week, and we were able to complete on our property. The John Charcol Advisor was always contactable, and I definitely felt that he was doing his utmost to provide us with what we needed. We were also very happy with the life assurance quotes. Money well spent, and would always recommend them - thank you.
(London) - Posted 3 years ago
Hemel Shah has been extremely helpful through the whole mortgage process. He is very knowledgable and kept us up to date on all aspects of the process ensuring that it seamlessly went through with minimum hassle. As a result, we have come back to Hemel again for our second transaction. I would not hesitate to recommend him to our friends and family. Thank you Hemel!
(London) - Posted 3 years ago
The loan company were too pedantic and use very cumbersome methods. However, the SF ladies Rachael and Emily were first rate. I would and indeed will, use SF again
(Southampton) - Posted 4 years ago
I've used Simply Finance on a number of occasions and they are always extremely good. You are kept informed through out and they chase both the mortgage company and solicitor regularly. Highly recommended!
(Southampton) - Posted 4 years ago