John Charcol Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend John Charcol

About John Charcol: John Charcol is an award-winning team of independent mortgage experts who provide friendly and professional advice both over the phone and in person. We help thousands of people each year and have become one of the top mortgage brokers in the UK.

Tell us how John Charcol made you happy

customer service
"We have used John charcoal over a number of years and it has always resulted in a positive outcome. On this occasion we had very specific criteria, our advisers found the right product managed the application then tracked and regularly communicated progress through to completion. Fantastic friendly service from TM and JC, thanks again."
"So helpful, straight forward and efficient, can always rely on best service. Carly was amazing."
"Tiara Hardy and Katy Swift were excellent in arranging a complex re mortgage . Throughout communications were great and over all a very professional service and an excellent result . All thanks to the team at John Charcol"
"Had a recent mortgage renewal from John Charcol & found my advisers Joanne Irwin & Tom Clifford fantastic from Start to finish making the whole process very straight forward, with my busy work schedule it worked out great for me, they done the work & found them easy to do business with. Highly recommended. Many Thanks."
"John Charcol have been incredibly efficient and helpful in assisting us with buying our first property. Having been to a different broker who had completely messed us around and incorrectly advised us it was a relief to have honest advice. I have been so happy with the service and would highly recommend. In particular I would like to thank/give a special mention to Ajay Waroo. He went above and beyond in assisting us every step of the way and was always happy to answer the many questions we had."
"I used John Charcol for a remortgage of my buy-to-let property. Overall the service was what I expected of a company like John Charcol but I have to make particular mention of Keyleigh Lewis, the client relationship manager. She very regularly updated me so I had a clear idea of what was happening to my mortgage application. And when things were stuck due to not so efficient solicitor firm that helped with my remortgage, she diligently worked with me and them and got things moving. My thanks to her in particular."
"I have used John Charcol for the past 6 years and they are always so incredibly helpful, especially Jessica Childs. I cannot recommend them enough, they have literally saved us hundreds if not thousands over the years and always consider our personal circumstances to get us the best deal. Thank you!"
"We wouldn't hesitate in recommending John Charcol to our friends and family. At different stages in the process, we were looked after by Sophie and Molly, both of whom were proactive, communicative and friendly - they genuinely seemed like they cared! They took the stress out of the whole mortgage process and didn't have any issues with getting everything sorted in a relatively short time-frame. We will be using them for any future purchases."
"Michael Williams and this colleagues provided me with first class advice on my remortgage. He identified an exceptionally appropriate product and then ensured that the whole process was quickly and efficiently managed to completion. I am very happy with the service I received and would recommend John Charcol without hesitation. Many thanks!"
"They fought for our mortgage deal over weeks and got it over the line."
"I was recommended to John Charcol by a friend and I am truly grateful that I was. Every person I interacted with was very helpful and really helped in making sure the mortgage application process went through as smoothly as possible. In particular Scott Barron was a really great help."
"I have always heard that John Charcol is a highly professional independent broker. Having just organised a remortgage through them I can verify this. The service has been excellent from start to finish and I would recommend them to anyone wishing to get good mortgage advice. I initially had dealings with a Mortgage Adviser Mandeep who expertly navigated the mortgage market available to me - finding me an appropriate lender without fuss and then my account was passed on to an excellent Client Relationship Manager called Molly who kept me informed throughout the process via email and phone. Her helpful manner, positive attitude and customer relationship skills are excellent. If only all customer-facing organisations had a Molly - the world would be a better place! Well done to a great team."
"Despite quite restrictive search criteria Steve managed to find me a great deal. Very good service."
"Jc makes the difficult easy and the impossible possible Even during the most difficult buying chain JC was the voice of reason, assurance and common sense You can absolutely rely on them Awesome Absolutely Awesome We are now in a home we never dreamed we could be in!"
"Really great service and very informative employees - Emma Bell was my mortgage adviser and I highly recommend her. She went above and beyond her call of duty throughout the application process and offer stage, and was on hand to answer any questions I had following the receipt of my offer."
"Steve Prior (at John Charcol ) is a very helpful, efficient and clever chap. Fantastic !"
"It was a pleasure to work with them and will do again. Thanks"
"Excellent Service from Paula Willock and Kayleigh Lewis. Amazing Ladies who knew what they were doing and very professional and helped me through the process of arranging my mortgage even when I am Self- Employed and other organisations had declined me an offer. Paula was very competent and knew exactly what she was doing and what was required and Kayleigh kept me informed of the process. I cannot thank you both enough. I am an extremely happy customer and I will always recommend you in the future. Thank you for helping me and my family move into our dream home. Excellent Service."
"Excellent experience using John Charcol. Andrew Bennet managed to get me a niche mortgage, he spent a lot of time on this, unfortunately the property was down valued. Next property went through without a hitch. Thank you to Andrew and Cristian who are a highly professional team."
"Excellent Service from Jess and Marina for a remortgage , helpful and ontop of evething from start to finish. John Charcok helped me get my first mortgage and 33 years later they have helped me with my last . I cannot thank then enough ."
John Charcol is rated 4.83 based on 1,358 reviews