John Charcol Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend John Charcol

About John Charcol: John Charcol is an award-winning team of independent mortgage experts who provide friendly and professional advice both over the phone and in person. We help thousands of people each year and have become one of the top mortgage brokers in the UK.

How would you rate John Charcol?

"Bruce Anderson dealt with my case. He has advised upon & arranged mortgages for myself and my family. Every time his professionalism shines through. He kept in touch throughout the process & was there to help maintain momentum when need be. Thank you Bruce."
"After a very unprofessional and inept performance by one of the Charcol team, the situation was rescued and rectified by his superior, who was extremely pleasant, helpful and efficient."
"This is the second time I have used John Charcol to re-mortgage and each time the process has been as smooth as possible. After the initial paperwork had been collated and sent to them they arranged the dissemination of these documents and everything progressed to a very satisfactory conclusion. Probably be back in three years time."
"Sener Topal has been reliable, clear, efficient and helpful explaining everything in terms that I understood, without ever being patronising. He seemed always available even during unsociable hours throughout the mortgage process. I'm extremely grateful for the level of support I received. I have no hesitation in recommending Sener and this service."
"Sarah Norman finds good deals even in difficult situations involving expats making it possible to achieve what we wanted."
"Have helped me with a development loan and remortgage on a complex new build - great quality responses in a timely manner from everyone on the John Charcol team!"
"Very cooperative and helpful throughout the whole process. I would thoroughly recommend."
"Sener was always helpful, pleasent and profesenal."
"Nine months of excruciatingly slow and non-responsive dealings with this specific broker. Although the outcome was positive in that eventually they delivered a decent rate, the painstakingly poor experience is one I wouldn't like to repeat again. The money we lost during the whole process (which from experience could have been completed in a more reasonable 4 months) of transferring our mortgage across was hefty. I can only put this down to the particular broker, and not JC as a company, as we had dealt with other brokers at JC in the past who had been positive, efficient and helpful."
"Extremely helpful staff in all respects from telephone calls to finding a very good deal with lowest interest mortgages"
"For the excellent, profesional and seamless way that Sarita Varma successfully arranged a remortgage for our property from first contact to completion. Please see following the e-mail sent to Sarita on completion of the re-mortgage:- Dear Sarita, Thank you for your confirmation of completion, and we wish to thank you so very much for the excellent service you have give us in the whole process of securing this re-mortgage. I can only say how much of a pleasure it has been to experience your professionalism and expertise throughout the process. I would really hope that you will be able to assist us to secure a more attractive deal from the Ipswich BS prior to the current fixed rate expiring. Please feel fee to make contact at the appropriate time when this will be applicable. I confirm as you request that I am happy for you to take the outstanding client fee of £350. Once again, thank you for everything you have done for us over the past few months, it has been a pleasure to have had the benefit of your services. With our best regards, Doug & Susan"
"I expect someone quoting for a mortgage to use the facts i supply them with not my current payments."
"A big thank you to Kathryn and Hayley for all your hard work. They couldn't be more helpful and made life very easy for me. From start to finish very professional and I would definitely recommend them."
"I have nothing but full praise and admiration and a huge thank you to John Charcol. From my initial ‘general enquiry’ phone call through to an email confirming completion of the house purchase the team at John Charcol have kept me fully informed with the progress of my mortgage application every step of the way. In particular a huge thank you to Reena Ved (London office) for swiftly and very efficiently processing and submitting my application and to Katie Paterson (Southampton office) for being very efficient and keeping me frequently up to date....Full marks and thank you to John Charcol, I thoroughly recommend them!"
"I had a great experience working with Stephen Brown from John Charcol. He made a great job and it was a pleasure to work with him!"
"simple easy straightforward no nonsense advice from start to finish"
"I had to chase the lender after hearing nothing back from JC, despite chasing. In the end, I managed the process directly with the lender myself. I appreciated the good rate, but I thought working with JC also meant minimal fuss/paperwork from me, it didn't."
"Found an excellent deal and made the whole process simple and straightforward"
"We received very professional and considered advice from John Charcol's team and would like to thank Alison Etherington and Mia Tariq in particular for their first class service."
"We worked with Ajay Waroo on a mortgage for our new property. Ajay was brilliant, clear and concise to work with giving us guidance way above and beyond where he needed to. I can't recommend Ajay and John Charcol highly enough to anyone needing a good, reliable mortgage broker."
John Charcol is rated 4.81 based on 976 reviews