John Charcol Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend John Charcol

About John Charcol: John Charcol is an award-winning team of independent mortgage experts who provide friendly and professional advice both over the phone and in person. We help thousands of people each year and have become one of the top mortgage brokers in the UK.

How would you rate John Charcol ?

"Very capable, knowledgeable and professional People. My adviser kept trying until a lender accepted in principle and made offer"
"Jordan and Molly have helped us in anyway they could. Always there if we needed anything and very quick to respond. They have answered any question we have asked and have always kept us in the picture. Couldn't of asked anything else. Thank you. I would recommend John Charcol to anyone especially if Jordan and Molly are helping."
"This is the second time I have used a John Charcol broker and again I was very pleased with the service. Mandeep Rai provided us with excellent advice on the best deal and ensured the process was as smooth as possible."
"Outstanding Service. As first time Buyers we were particularly nervous but this was all put to rest by our Broker. He walked us through the entire process to give us a level of understanding that was void of all jargon surrounding the huge financial commitment Mortgages demand. He met all deadlines he set for us regarding legal documentation being sent out or telephones to be made. John Charcoal will be our first point of call for any future dealings our Mortgage requires. Our Broker was a gentleman by the name of Hailey Kow and he was professional, honest and polite. I extend a great thanks for all services provided by John Charcol."
"Sergio and Sophia were a pleasure to deal with. Always keeping me up to date with my mortgages progress. Thank you Stevie"
"They were brilliant - can’t thank Stephen enough, he was great!"
"Everyone involved was excellent from Harris in obtaining the mortgage to Iain and a real shout out for Ann who helped move the transaction to a quicker completion and managed to manage the lawyers concerned who were a bit tardy. Being a lawyer myself I was really struck at how good the service delivery was , indeed it surpassed my expectations. I will recommend John Charcol in the future, it is rare to get a team of people in different offices where their is no weak link. Indeed the service was seamless,. Also the mortgage I obtained was one other brokers said was not possible. So they really do have the products available which others may not have."
"I will never use the mortgage department of John Charcol again. I asked when taking out a re mortgage to pay the fee to the third party up front, it was added on to the mortgage and it is not the first time it has happened. I have not had great response to my complaint and in the end had to sort out with an added charge. I will never recommend John Charcol and will in fact discourage people from using them. I am going to seek advice from the financial ombudsman as being ignored is not professional, but it is the best way to hope that someone is going to give up on the complaint."
Hi David,

We are very sorry to hear that you have been left disappointed with the service you have experienced with John Charcol.

We appreciate you taking the time to leave us feedback and we will use it to prevent this from happening again.

Sarah Best our Head of Sales and Quality will be in touch with you later today to discuss this further.

Many thanks,
Katherine Sellwood
Senior Marketing Executive
"Reena and her colleagues kept us informed of the progress of our application throughout the process even letting us know when there would be no updates for a few days. This really takes out any worry and stress from the whole business of applying for a mortgage. We were never left wondering what was happening. The people we dealt with were helpful and professional but also very friendly and human."
"Very efficient handling of case and extremely well managed by Michael Williams"
"Great experience with John Charcol both as first time buyer and arranging remortgage. My advisor Matt Daly has been outstanding, taking care of every detail with such professionalism and never too busy to answer questions. Very much recommend John Charcol for finding the best deals and for the peace of mind."
"Sarah Norman at John Charcol has been our go to broker for everything mortgage related over the past 5 years. Sarah and her colleagues have always been incredibly helpful and friendly, the overall service provided has been excellent. I have already highly recommend them to friends and family."
"excellent. Ajay always went above and beyond"
"Quite a painless procees if legals are included free. Broker a nd team very helpful and got me a good mortgage deal."
"I was struggling to get a remortgage due to a title restriction on my property, in the whole process John Charcoal staff were the only proactive personnel I dealt with and they saw it through to the end. The service I received from Sarah Teff and Iain Rossi was first class and I would happily recommend John Charcoal to any of my friends and family."
"Such easy people to deal with and made the whole purchase so stress-free."
"Excellent service"
"I’d been impressed with John Charcol as we’ve used them in the past to remortgage. This time we were looking for a bridging loan to enable us to buy a house we’d fallen in love with while ours was still on the market. Hailey Kow did a great job and we secured the new home we wanted despite competing offers from other prospective purchasers. Very professional, very good service and we thoroughly recommend."
"thank you for your support"
"Tom Allen at John Charcol pulled out all the stops to make sure that we got the very best mortgage in super efficient time on the back of accounts and circumstances were less than straightforward. Tom certainly pulled a rabbit out of the bag. I cant recommend him and his team at JC highly enough!! We'll be back! Thomas and Nyree O'Maoileoin"
John Charcol is rated 4.81 based on 1,083 reviews