John Charcol Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend John Charcol

About John Charcol: John Charcol is an award-winning team of independent mortgage experts who provide friendly and professional advice both over the phone and in person. We help thousands of people each year and have become one of the top mortgage brokers in the UK.

Tell us how John Charcol made you happy

customer service
"Responsiveness throughout the whole process was excellent."
Posted 2 minutes ago
"The customer experience I received through John Charcol, and more specifically Ajay Waroo was excellent. Due to the complex nature of my mortgage requirements Ajay was quick to understand exactly what needed to be done and used his expertise to really get the best deal for me, and in the process save me paying around £10k in ERC fees. I cannot rate Ajay highly enough, and I felt comfortable knowing that this process was being handled in safe hands, at a time where in my personal life things were not so good. Thank you Ajay, you will be hearing from me in 2 years time! :)"
"Attentive and very helpful quickly providing the best solution and continued with the same excellent service ensuring s speedy and easy process, definitely recommend them"
"My advisor Steven Prior was absolutely fantastic, super helpful and responsive. I would highly recommend him and John Charcol.."
"Professional advice and service throughout the process."
"Nicola went above and beyond to secure us a superb mortgage deal - far better than I could have done myself! The quality of service and attention to detail was second to none - as a customer I felt totally valued. I can’t recommend John Charcol highly enough."
"Very pleased with service received from John Charcoal as the products offered were apt taking cognizance of my needs. John Charcoal were particularly attentive and informative in the course of their service. They provided regular feedback and advice on the financial implications of alternative solutions to my needs.."
"Just want to thank Penny for all her great work throughout our moving process. With the stress of moving I didn't once have to worry about the mortgage which was great. she was brilliant. fantastic service. many thanks, Nick and Alice"
"Excellent customer service. Great communication through the whole process. Would definitely use again and recommend to anyone looking for a mortgage."
"I have used John Charcol's services before and was more than happy to turn to them again for help. Erin and Hayley were my contacts and they kept me informed at all stages of the process; no need for me to do any chasing. I have recommended John Charcol in the past to friends and family, and will continue to do so. Keep up the good work!"
"We would like to say a massive thank you to Erin Hine, Hayley Sydes & Gemma Khan from John Charcoal. They have been so incredibly helpful, patient & professional in helping us with our 2nd Mortgage - they answered every one of the many many emails we sent them very quickly and kept us informed every step of the way. They are each a credit to their business and we cannot recommend them enough."
"Huge thanks to Tim Cobb and Marina DaLomba of John Charcol for arranging and finalising a very complex mortgage for us. Highly recommended."
"Fantastic service. I have had experience using John Charcol over the 40 or so years and they have always proved very helpful and competitive. This time they excelled themselves - obtaining a mortgage from my own bank, where my wife & I are Premier customers, had who had previously rejected us for owning too many properties already & being retired. John Charcol used their experience and contacts to achieve what we independently could not. Service was polite, professional, timely and not pushy. Cannot recommend more strongly."
"I have used John Charcol on several occasions over the years. They are very efficient and I have never managed to find a cheaper rate elsewhere."
"Used John Charcol on many occassions and I will continue to use them in the future . Tom Allen is very personable, really efficient and gives great advice. Thanks Tom"
"Really efficient no nonsense advice and quickly organised"
"We are currently living and working abroad and renting out our property in London while we are away, which limited our options considerably. However John Charcol found a competitive product which matched our requirements."
"Scott and molly were both very helpful in this process. Making it very straight forward and easy."
"Fantastic service provided by Hemel and Katy at John Charcol - from identifying a suitable product to closing out the required paperwork was a smooth experience."
"Tim cobb and Tom Clifford were fab! Very efficient and professional. Tim gave me great advice and wasn’t just ‘selling me another mortgage’. He told me it was best to stay with my current lender and sorted my product transfer. Will definitely use again."
John Charcol is rated 4.82 based on 1,218 reviews