i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

georgie.smith@i-to-i.com

Suite 2
Chantry House

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
I completed and passed the 120 hour TEFL course. It's a scam. You have to have a degree which they don't tell you in the beginning. There are no jobs without the degree. Don't think there are any jobs at all. A waste of time and money. Very disappointed.

I am very sorry to hear this.

There are countries where you need to have a degree in order to acquire a work permit. There are however countries where this is not a requirement.

We have a jobs board where there are job opportunities for non degree holders. The website is www.lovetefljobs.com.

Please get in touch if you would like some assistance, and we will help as much as we can.

Best of luck with your job search.
Customer Support
when they test u on the tefl course assesments they give u 4 attempts for u to fail so its a waste of time money
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

The quizzes and tests throughout the course are designed to ensure you have understood the learning modules and you are at a high enough level to be able to teach TEFL.

We have a tutor in house to assist and support you through the course if it is required.

Jill
Well it's a good course to study for. You can do do it own your own. If you need help they always their to help.
had so much trouble with the course.do not cater for kindles/other platforms etc.when i complained,got re-buffed by jill! asked for my money back,but just passed me onto someone else[victoria,very nice person]had a break for a couple of months as we were getting stressed with the whole uploading saga.then today more problems,given another email addy today[even though i sent in my wifes work with no problems to another email addy last week]just asked for a certificate for 2-part course,not a 3-part as originally planned.also my money back for the 30hr grammar course! will fone tomorrow to see if they have agreed? maybe they will let me speak to the director this time-yeah sure.nothing wrong with the course,just need a re-think about the way you deliver it to them.ps-they did agree there was a problem with the kindle/other devices up loading.
Hi Eddie,

Sorry to hear you have had trouble submitting your work for assessment. I can see you have spoken to my colleague today in regards to sending your work to be uploaded.

We are here to help you as much as we can through the course. I hope to receive your work soon.

TEFL Support Team
No value for money,I was turned away due to an emergency and notified the company I cant leave for China,I got no rebate.It was a emergency and this company took 14000 away from me.Instead of empowering future leaders they are breaking them.
Hi,

I am sorry to hear you feel this way, I can see we have been in touch previously regarding the cancellation of the China internship.

We will respond to your new email shortly.

TEFL Support Team
I would have left zero stars if I had the chance. I purchased a course over the phone, (which had a terrible connection because I don’t live in England) and through the in/out connection I heard I had 19 days to return the course if it had not yet been started. After asking questions about teaching in Spain, and when the school year would start, I was told I should “Google it” (ridiculous). I then wanted to return my course after realizing I would not have enough time to confidently move across seas, and was told I could not be refunded. England is 6 hours ahead of me and so they close 6 hours earlier. The website should state their phone hours apply to ONLY European time. They are also closed on weekends, so there’s no way of calling them either. Instead on giving me a refund of $340 they’ve lost the future business of my friends who plan on coming with me! Never use I-to-I!
I am sorry to hear this.
We do try to be as clear as possible with our terms and conditions, and with our opening hours. I can understand it is more difficult when there is a time difference.
I can see that we have been in contact with you regarding this.
Please get back in touch if you would like to discuss this further.
Kind Regards,
Support Team
I only evaluated the website content so far. The course content does not seem to include practical hours at all. The role playing with other students in a hotel cannot be considered a real practice. Moreover I cannot find anywhere the CVs of the tutors. What is their experience and qualifications? Lots of words but no examples of the course materials. The level 5 course claims to have 320hrs but they somehow do not add up. I don't think it is worth the risk.
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It would be great to have a chat with you about your concerns. Please send an email to customersupport@i-to-i.com and we can discuss it further.

Customer Support Team
i-to-i's customer service seemingly refused to communicate with me. I had to go to my bank directly to find out if I had been charged for my TEFL course because they did not send me a confirmation. I could never access the course I tried to purchased.
Hi,
Thank you for your comments.
I am very sorry to hear this.
We respond as quickly as we can, but it is currently a very busy period and I apologise for the delay.
I can see that there had been an error in the email address, and that you have now been sent a confirmation email.
Please get in touch if you have not received this.
Support Team
I purchased a TEFL pack from this fraudulent company but I only received 3 documents. Customer Service was very unhelpful despite all the questions I asked. They respond a week after I purchased. Do not do business with them. Only 1 person works at this company - it is fraudulent.
Hi Corne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I spoke to you over the phone and resolved this issue with a full refund. If you need any further assistance, please call me back on 021 300 2852 and we can discuss this further.

Customer Support Team
Delivery of the course was very very poor. Poor website, sometimes not accessible. Money making scheme. You can't finish in the time provided, you end up paying over and over for the course , the course material not always available. This is a money making scheme and I feel completely ripped off. Will be sharing my experience with as many as I can as I for one will not stand for this money making scheme and I feel people should know they are throwing their money away. After looking at other courses, this one is a total scam.
Hi Arno,
I am sorry to hear this.
I have tried to contact you, but could not reach you.
Please could you either call us on 021 300 2852 or email customersupport@i-to-i.com
Customer Support
This course does not indicate that they will expire within a certain amount of days. Thus there is no convenience to their courses rather, a large amount of stress as you have to rush hastily through the modules to be able to do the courses assessments. They do have very good information but in terms of getting your certification you are going to be rushed to finish and an extension is so costly you cannot expect this after they clearly indicate you can study at your convenience.
I am very sorry to hear this.
We do try and make the time limits clear in the email you receive once you book, but I apologise for the confusion.
Please contact us on customersupport@i-to-i.com or call us on +44 (0)113 205 4602 and we can see how we can help resolve this.
Rachel Fields
Customer Support Team
I registered on Wednesday (27/02) and have not yet received my login details and it’s already Tuesday (05/03). I paid a lot of money but still waiting for login details that should have been sent after two days.
Hi Nicolene,

Thank you for taking my call today. I'm pleased I could help you locate your log in details so you can get started on your course. If you need any further assistance, please contact us at customersupport@i-to-i.com and iIwill be happy to help.

Customer Support Team
It is very difficult to do a review of this work. In the foundations TEFL course, there were PDF documents you could download to review the work. The format of this course for review is painful as you waste time going back to try and review. I find this inconsistent and extremely frustrating.
Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you have had trouble navigating through the course.

We would love to help you, please let me know the best number to reach you on customersupport@i-to-i.com.

I hope to hear from you soon

TEFL Support Team
I am writing to request a refund on my $299.40 payment on December 26th. Your website indicated that december 26th was the last day for the 40% off sale encouraging buyers to purchase quickly. i just checked today (12/28) and it is now 65% off and priced at $199. This is advertisement fraud and sales infringement. Please refund me my full $299.40 or give me the appropriate 65% off and refund me $100. I have not even started the course yet and am already very disappointed with i -to-i, please make things right and process my refund. Thank you.
Hi Patricia,
Thank you for getting in touch.
We do have different offers on at different times, and I am sorry it is now a lot cheaper.
We can definitely process a refund for you.
Please contact our customer support team at customersupport@i-to-i.com and we can arrange this for you.
Customer support team
I signed up to the Spanish Internship, I was so excited. I paid £470 for it, which provided me with an 120 hour online TEFL course. I have had no problems with the course itself. Very easy to learn and the quizzes are useful. But it was such a waste of money! They are 'partners' with CAPS who are in charge of the internship, but this is free of charge!! You have to pay an administration fee but that is understandable, and I still had to pay this on top of the £470! When I arrived in Spain with CAPS I found out that most people did not have a TEFL certificate/course, as CAPS provide you with one for free! They also did not have to pay £470 to get into the programme. I also found out that you can get the 120 online course for so much cheaper elsewhere. I am very disappointed with the fact that I paid so much money for something that I did not need and it's so much extra for nothing.
Hi Olivia,
Thank you for your comments and feedback.
I am very sorry to hear that you feel this way.
I have emailed you regarding this yesterday.
If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please reply to the email with a convenient time and phone number and we can call you.
Our office hours are Monday to Thursday from 7am-8pm UK time, and Friday 9am-5pm.
Kind Regards,
Rachel
Support Team
If I could give 0 stars I would. At first I was very excited on taking this course and at checkout was sent to a third party site to process my payment. When checking my bank account I noticed the payment did not go through and so I contacted I-to-I to see why and to confirm if my course is available to take. Natalie Lowry, i-to-i rep and my main contact, informed me via email that the payment did not go through but that she could honor the discount yet every attempt to contact her went unanswered and voicemails were never returned. I even accepted the Terms and Conditions so that all that needed to be done was the payment over the phone. Multiple calls later and I finally get someone to answer the phone at I-to-I which Natalie was not available and so I had to leave a message if I wanted the discount she promised, I was also told that note would direct Natalie to call me at 10am est. I never received that phone call but instead was emailed by Natalie stating that since it is now October the discount cannot be honored. So about a month of back and forth emails, left voicemails, and figuring out when to call based on my US time zone and I-to-I's UK time zone this company has backed out on their promise of a discount in lieu of charging $300 more than what I originally was going to get the TEFL for. Not to mention, if I had known this was the company's intention I could have started my course elsewhere and be well underway by now. This leads me to believe that this is not a quality course at all. I-to-I seems more concerned with making you pay more than what you need to pay for a TEFL. Based on the pricing of other online TEFL's with the same qualifications I would not recommend I-to-I, the only reason I considered it was due to the sale that was then not honored.
Hi Erica,
Thanks for getting in touch and I am so sorry about the negative experience you had with getting booked onto the course. I will email you privately to make sure I can look into the matter further and proceed accordingly.
I am really happy to see that we did manage to get you booked onto the course you wanted for the price initially agreed. I would also like to make sure we give you some resources to help with the course free of charge as an apology for the confusion with communication and the negative experience you had with us.
I am confident that you will enjoy the course and it will give you some amazing opportunities to teach overseas now that you are able to make your way through it!
Please do not hesitate to be in touch directly if there is anything else at all I can help you with!
Thanks,
Peter McCarthy
Sales Team Leader
I felt cheated with this organisation and the way they have acted over the course of this service. I was pressured into a deal with high-intensity sales tactics that was about to "expire", before it was quickly extended. They now offer the exact same deal, MONTHS ON at over $100 cheaper and is now labelled their 'biggest sale yet'. The customer service team is horrible and as an Australian Consumer, I found it has been incredibly hard to get a hold of their team within certain hours that work for them. The course content I felt isn't supported by literature and expert knowledge, but rather a collection of "suggestions" on what to do in the classroom. Upon completing 95% of my course they wished to charge me more to extend this, that I felt wasn't fair considering I wasn't provided enough time to complete this in the first place. I would strongly recommend you to be very careful with this company and carefully consider purchasing a package through them. I am in the process of trying to attain a refund on the grounds of an unsatisfactory service being provided.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that is how you feel and you were not able to complete the training within the time period given. Our customer support team is available between 7am-8pm UK time Monday -Thursday and 8am - 5pm on Friday, we are a UK based company and try to cover as many hours as we can. I believe the matter has now been resolved during our conversations this week.

All the best
Customer Support Team
I bought four courses i have completed two and only need the final assessment tasks. i think its a bit of a rip off to ask me to pay more to complete the course. I am a very busy man and thought that i could do this at a pace. To have to pay more to finish something you thought was covered is a bit harsh
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear you did not complete your training within the allotted time given. I would love to discuss this with you further, please either contact me on 0113 2054602 or customersupport@i-to-i.com letting me know the best number to reach you on.
Jill
I would not recommend signing up for an I-to-I TEFL. I did not receive any tutoring throughout the course. I took the "Lesson Planning" course. It has a couple of short quizzes and a small test at the end of each chapter. I was able to turn in my final assessment which was graded. In my case, I was not awarded a TEFL certificate in Lesson Planning. Since, I was not given a tutor to communicate with, I failed the assessment. If you are new to teaching, this course would be quite challenging. I reached out to customer service mutiple times but they kept stating that they would not provide a tutor. I would only be provided a grader.
Hi Charles, I'm really sorry you feel this way, and have not experienced the high level of service and quality we aspire to give to all of our customers. I'll look into this tomorrow for you, and I'll come back to you personally to see if there's anything we can do to turn this situation around for you. Best, Gordon.
Good day I have tried to contact i-to-i TFEL on two different occasions for assistance and I am still waiting for a reply. The first time was online last year and the second was an email this month. I am so disappointed. There doesn't seem to be any after sales service? Kind regards Jodi jodi@proraiz.co.za +27 71 886 7380
We're so sorry you haven't heard from us as we always respond to the customer queries we receive. I'm not sure what has happened with your previous attempts to contact us but we've just tried to call you and are here to help you on 021 300 2852 or customersupport@i-to-i.com.

We'll also look into what has happened with your previous communications so that we can avoid the same thing happening again or to anyone else.
Chris