i-to-i TEFL Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend i-to-i TEFL

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy

customer service
"Hi, For the he final test, i don't think people can pass it. No guidance on this course. It is not useful for me to assess it. I am so disappointed on the course. I request for a refund! Thanks Regards Pat Yim"
"I registered on Wednesday (27/02) and have not yet received my login details and it’s already Tuesday (05/03). I paid a lot of money but still waiting for login details that should have been sent after two days."
Hi Nicolene,

Thank you for taking my call today. I'm pleased I could help you locate your log in details so you can get started on your course. If you need any further assistance, please contact us at customersupport@i-to-i.com and iIwill be happy to help.

Best wishes,
Victoria
Customer Support Team
"It is very difficult to do a review of this work. In the foundations TEFL course, there were PDF documents you could download to review the work. The format of this course for review is painful as you waste time going back to try and review. I find this inconsistent and extremely frustrating."
Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you have had trouble navigating through the course.

We would love to help you, please let me know the best number to reach you on customersupport@i-to-i.com.

I hope to hear from you soon

Best wishes
TEFL Support Team
"I am writing to request a refund on my $299.40 payment on December 26th. Your website indicated that december 26th was the last day for the 40% off sale encouraging buyers to purchase quickly. i just checked today (12/28) and it is now 65% off and priced at $199. This is advertisement fraud and sales infringement. Please refund me my full $299.40 or give me the appropriate 65% off and refund me $100. I have not even started the course yet and am already very disappointed with i -to-i, please make things right and process my refund. Thank you."
Hi Patricia,
Thank you for getting in touch.
We do have different offers on at different times, and I am sorry it is now a lot cheaper.
We can definitely process a refund for you.
Please contact our customer support team at customersupport@i-to-i.com and we can arrange this for you.
Rachel,
Customer support team
"I signed up to the Spanish Internship, I was so excited. I paid £470 for it, which provided me with an 120 hour online TEFL course. I have had no problems with the course itself. Very easy to learn and the quizzes are useful. But it was such a waste of money! They are 'partners' with CAPS who are in charge of the internship, but this is free of charge!! You have to pay an administration fee but that is understandable, and I still had to pay this on top of the £470! When I arrived in Spain with CAPS I found out that most people did not have a TEFL certificate/course, as CAPS provide you with one for free! They also did not have to pay £470 to get into the programme. I also found out that you can get the 120 online course for so much cheaper elsewhere. I am very disappointed with the fact that I paid so much money for something that I did not need and it's so much extra for nothing."
Hi Olivia,
Thank you for your comments and feedback.
I am very sorry to hear that you feel this way.
I have emailed you regarding this yesterday.
If you would like to discuss this over the phone, please reply to the email with a convenient time and phone number and we can call you.
Our office hours are Monday to Thursday from 7am-8pm UK time, and Friday 9am-5pm.
Kind Regards,
Rachel
Support Team
"If I could give 0 stars I would. At first I was very excited on taking this course and at checkout was sent to a third party site to process my payment. When checking my bank account I noticed the payment did not go through and so I contacted I-to-I to see why and to confirm if my course is available to take. Natalie Lowry, i-to-i rep and my main contact, informed me via email that the payment did not go through but that she could honor the discount yet every attempt to contact her went unanswered and voicemails were never returned. I even accepted the Terms and Conditions so that all that needed to be done was the payment over the phone. Multiple calls later and I finally get someone to answer the phone at I-to-I which Natalie was not available and so I had to leave a message if I wanted the discount she promised, I was also told that note would direct Natalie to call me at 10am est. I never received that phone call but instead was emailed by Natalie stating that since it is now October the discount cannot be honored. So about a month of back and forth emails, left voicemails, and figuring out when to call based on my US time zone and I-to-I's UK time zone this company has backed out on their promise of a discount in lieu of charging $300 more than what I originally was going to get the TEFL for. Not to mention, if I had known this was the company's intention I could have started my course elsewhere and be well underway by now. This leads me to believe that this is not a quality course at all. I-to-I seems more concerned with making you pay more than what you need to pay for a TEFL. Based on the pricing of other online TEFL's with the same qualifications I would not recommend I-to-I, the only reason I considered it was due to the sale that was then not honored."
Hi Erica,
Thanks for getting in touch and I am so sorry about the negative experience you had with getting booked onto the course. I will email you privately to make sure I can look into the matter further and proceed accordingly.
I am really happy to see that we did manage to get you booked onto the course you wanted for the price initially agreed. I would also like to make sure we give you some resources to help with the course free of charge as an apology for the confusion with communication and the negative experience you had with us.
I am confident that you will enjoy the course and it will give you some amazing opportunities to teach overseas now that you are able to make your way through it!
Please do not hesitate to be in touch directly if there is anything else at all I can help you with!
Thanks,
Peter McCarthy
Sales Team Leader
"I felt cheated with this organisation and the way they have acted over the course of this service. I was pressured into a deal with high-intensity sales tactics that was about to "expire", before it was quickly extended. They now offer the exact same deal, MONTHS ON at over $100 cheaper and is now labelled their 'biggest sale yet'. The customer service team is horrible and as an Australian Consumer, I found it has been incredibly hard to get a hold of their team within certain hours that work for them. The course content I felt isn't supported by literature and expert knowledge, but rather a collection of "suggestions" on what to do in the classroom. Upon completing 95% of my course they wished to charge me more to extend this, that I felt wasn't fair considering I wasn't provided enough time to complete this in the first place. I would strongly recommend you to be very careful with this company and carefully consider purchasing a package through them. I am in the process of trying to attain a refund on the grounds of an unsatisfactory service being provided."
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear that is how you feel and you were not able to complete the training within the time period given. Our customer support team is available between 7am-8pm UK time Monday -Thursday and 8am - 5pm on Friday, we are a UK based company and try to cover as many hours as we can. I believe the matter has now been resolved during our conversations this week.

All the best
Customer Support Team
"I bought four courses i have completed two and only need the final assessment tasks. i think its a bit of a rip off to ask me to pay more to complete the course. I am a very busy man and thought that i could do this at a pace. To have to pay more to finish something you thought was covered is a bit harsh"
Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry to hear you did not complete your training within the allotted time given. I would love to discuss this with you further, please either contact me on 0113 2054602 or customersupport@i-to-i.com letting me know the best number to reach you on.
Best wishes
Jill
"I would not recommend signing up for an I-to-I TEFL. I did not receive any tutoring throughout the course. I took the "Lesson Planning" course. It has a couple of short quizzes and a small test at the end of each chapter. I was able to turn in my final assessment which was graded. In my case, I was not awarded a TEFL certificate in Lesson Planning. Since, I was not given a tutor to communicate with, I failed the assessment. If you are new to teaching, this course would be quite challenging. I reached out to customer service mutiple times but they kept stating that they would not provide a tutor. I would only be provided a grader."
Hi Charles, I'm really sorry you feel this way, and have not experienced the high level of service and quality we aspire to give to all of our customers. I'll look into this tomorrow for you, and I'll come back to you personally to see if there's anything we can do to turn this situation around for you. Best, Gordon.
"Good day I have tried to contact i-to-i TFEL on two different occasions for assistance and I am still waiting for a reply. The first time was online last year and the second was an email this month. I am so disappointed. There doesn't seem to be any after sales service? Kind regards Jodi jodi@proraiz.co.za +27 71 886 7380"
We're so sorry you haven't heard from us as we always respond to the customer queries we receive. I'm not sure what has happened with your previous attempts to contact us but we've just tried to call you and are here to help you on 021 300 2852 or customersupport@i-to-i.com.

We'll also look into what has happened with your previous communications so that we can avoid the same thing happening again or to anyone else.
Chris
Customer Support Team
"The customer service was terrible. Would not recommend."
Hi, Thank you for your feedback. Here at i-to-i Love TEFL we take customer service very seriously and do our best to meet the needs of all our customers. We're sorry we didn't manage that for you. If you have any specific feedback about where you feel we could improve please contact us on customersupport@i-to-i.com.
"Very disappointing course. The points covered on the course can be easily learnt from a book or information found freely online. Does not prepare you to actually teach the language."
Hi Steven,
Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you found the course disappointing. The material for the course is taken from a wide range of sources and put together to best prepare you for teaching English. The first section explores planning a lesson. The second section has highly detailed and extensive information about teaching grammar, vocabulary and the four skills. The third section explores a variety of practical issues surrounding classroom practice and management.
"I don't feel like i've learnt that much from this course, the quiz questions are ambiguous and don't really test teacher knowledge. There are some good tips, but I wouldn't feel like i'd be ready to teach English, even with previous teaching experience, after this."
Hi Bethany, thank you for your feedback. I am sorry you didn't feel like you learned much from the course. The quiz questions reflect the formative nature of the course and are designed to revise and reinforce the content of the course.
"I have little vocabulary, and can not speak fluently."
"Can not really say. I was told I need a British Passport to teach English when I have been teaching English in Spain for past 5 years!!! It seems a bit arrogant. I do not wish to have a British passport."
"User interface is terrible. Progress should be saved and I shouldn't have to try and remember where I was before I logged out every time. Also, I should see a percentage telling me how much of the course I have completed but I don't. Some of the quizzes are an absolute joke; most of them come before anything relevant to the quiz has even been taught yet. Navigation is a confusing nightmare; after 20 minutes of going in circles, I still have no idea how to reserve a spot in the 20 hour classroom portion of the course, which was part of the package I paid for. The lessons in their videos are some of the most boring and uninspiring lessons I have ever seen, I have been teaching ESL for 7 years."
Thanks for your feedback. Our technical team has been working on the most effective way to return you to the place in the course where you left off and are currently testing a range of options. We are also planning to add a more obvious progress bar at the top of the screen so you can see more clearly how far you have progressed through the course. If you would like to book a spot on one of our practical courses please contact customersupport@i-to-i.com and a member of a team would be happy to help. Thanks again for your feedback, at i-to-i LoveTEFL we value customer feedback very highly.
"I had nice experience in teaching Teenager course"
"I have sent you 5 emails and phoned the cape town office numerous times with no reply what so ever."
"I enjoyed the course and booked a 5 month internship in China which has been a fantastic experience. Keen to sample a different country I signed up for Vietnam, the person I spoke to didn't mention that there are only 10 days left between end of semester and expiration date of visa leaving very little time to explore Vietnam. Surely the whole point of going is to teach then spend some time exploring a new country? Additionally your site doesn't mention that Vietnamese schools will not accept you if you have a visible tattoo. These 2 points only become apparent after payment when you receive your confirmation email. Had this been clear I certainly wouldn't have booked and parted with my money. I'm now told that it's my problem and I am not entitled to a refund even though I sent an email signalling my intention to withdraw within an hour of booking. Overall just feels like I have been conned into booking something that hasn't been described accurately at all"
"I paid over 300 pounds for the original course and an extra 100 pounds on a wasted extension for very poorly made course. Some of the questions in the quiz did not relate to anything in the training at all and using google and credible courses to find the answer would be deemed wrong by the quiz itself which is ludicrous. Only reason they have a time limit on the course is so you spend more money on an extension. Site is absolutely a scam stay well clear, much better reputable courses out there"
Hi Josh, I'm really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the course. I can see from correspondence that you were struggling with it and I know we offered assistance if you need it.
We welcome any feedback that you have about the course and sections you feel require improvement so please email us on customersupport@i-to-i.com and we'll certainly review anything that you think doesn't make sense. We generally receive very positive feedback about our course so it's really disappointing to read your comments.
I can see that you have been working through the course since July 2016 and haven't finished it yet so I've given you a complimentary extension in the hope that you can complete it in full. The time limit on the course is designed to help students work through all the content and remember details when they get to the assessment section at the end.
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.58 based on 2,710 reviews