i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

tefl@i-to-i.com

Suite 2, Chantry House
Victoria Road

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
If you have any problem, nobody answers you!
Hi Victoria, I'm really sorry to hear you have had trouble reaching us. We are here to respond to your queries and do our very best to get back to all customers as soon as we can, certainly within 2 working days. If that has not been the case for you then please email me on jo.bearcroft@i-to-i.com and I will look into what has happened here.
So disappointed, payed for my courses and received NO feedback. They took my money and never got back to me!!!!!
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you have not received any feedback from us. This is very unusual and is normally down to incorrect information at the time of booking. Would you be able to provide further details about your issue so that we can look into this and help to resolve it? You can contact us by emailing customersupport@i-to-i.com or call us on +44 113 205 4602
Best wishes, Jess Customer Support Team
I bought this book to review the course I did years ago. However, I could not find it anywhere. The email link only told me that the course became available to read, but there was nothing else.

Either I missed something, or the links and site were faulty.
Hi Keegan,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear the Read only link you were sent didn't work.

I have added a years access to your 120 hour course for you.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Customer Support Team
Sorry didn't mean to press the button. I am however wanting advise. Signed up for Level 5 but should have signed up for level 3 which is more in line with what I want to do. I am now on level 4.
Hi there,

Please contact us so we can discuss your query further. You can reach by phone or email.

Hope to speak to you soon and help you with your course

Customer Support Team
Very good content and a goo team of tutors. Thank you.
Terrible. The course content was extremely poor, most of it obvious, the quizzes and tests were even worse, again, most questions could be guessed easily and were frankly stupid, something along the lines of ‘if a student gets a question wrong should you A. Shout at them so they don’t make any more mistakes or B. Explain the answer.

But worse than the course is how extortionate i-to-i are. I have been forced by them to pay various ‘extra’ fees throughout the course. The worst of which was for assignment extensions. I found that when marking assignments they had a tendency to only give you part of the corrections needed, then when you have corrected it and sent it back they would take 7 days to mark it, then give you the next thing that needs to be corrected and so on until you ran out of time and have to pay an extra £40 or so for a 15 day extension. Why not just give all the feedback at once? Other things they charged me for was an email from them confirming that i was doing the course, why you would charge £20 for an email stating I was doing it I cannot imagine... But they did all the same, disgraceful behaviour. I strongly advise anyone to avoid i-to-i.
Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. I’m disappointed to read your comments as we aim to provide a course that is informative, helpful and enjoyable. I’m sorry you didn’t find this to be the case. Some of the tests may seem obvious but these are designed to confirm you have understood the content and to build confidence.
The feedback when you submitted your assignment should be full and detailed according to the work you submitted. If you do not feel this was the case then please contact us on customersupport@i-to-i.com – we can look into this for you.
When you start your course, you’re given a set amount of study time to complete it and we do charge for extensions after that. The amount of time given is well over the average time needed to avoid extensions in most cases. We do not delay giving feedback and will always try to mark submissions as quickly as we can, normally within 3 days. However, if you are towards the end of your study time and need to make alterations then an extension might be needed.
We also receive a high volume of requests for official completion letters that are needed by some employers and charge a small admin fee (£9) for these to be administered.
Once again, I’m really sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service and would encourage you to contact us directly on customersupport@i-to-i.com if you feel that you’ve had to buy extensions unnecessarily. We’d be more than happy to look into that further for you.
Jo
They left me stranded!

I am supposedly in the process of a 1 year trip in China. From the start, i to i messed me around. They told me (all in writing, so I have proof) that my DBS would be valid for China. I then found out that it isn't (and they won't pay for another one). Granted, they do say that any visa fees are payable by the applicant, but I had in writing that I wouldn't need to pay this.

It doesn't end there. I found out that there were lots of documents that need notarising. In some countries e.g. USA, you can get this done for free at your bank. However, UK is not one of these countries. After that, there were quite a few other fees that we weren't told about. i to i need to make it clear exactly what fees need paying, and the (approximate) cost of these. On top of that, the visa process for China is so complicated that I ended up paying an agency another £50 just to help me do it. All this, while trying to hold down a job (I graduated a while ago and was already working)

It doesn't end there. i to i didn't tell me that actually, it's another agency that they just pass on your details to, an agency called Immerqi, based in Beijing. They were just as hopeless and it felt like I was being bounced around.

I haven't even got to the worst part yet. I know that the Coronavirus in China is not i to i or Immerqi's fault, but the way they handled it is shocking. I was told (again, in email, so I have written evidence) that even though the FCO advises against all travel to China unless essential that "it's fine to go back and that's just a precaution." When even if it's safe to go back, there's very little in the way of transportation, possible food shortages (nothing is open) and I could find it hard to leave China or be quarantined on my arrival to the UK, if things suddenly got worse.

During the winter holidays (they don't have Christmas in China) I decided to go to Australia, thinking that it would be a good opportunity and not a massively long flight, plus no jet lag. When I was in Australia the situation in China suddenly got worse, and I had to make a snap decision what to do. I was in Perth at the time and managed to call a friend in Sydney who (I am currently) staying with. But sooner or later I will have to go back to the UK (all these extra flights and living costs at my own expense, I might add). I never had any contact from anyone asking if I was OK, what my plans were etc. When I started work at the school, nobody got in touch to ask how everything was going.

This is their JOB. Basically, we found out that foreign teachers at our school get paid 12000RMB monthly. BUT the agents all take different amounts. Immerqi take 4000RMB of that, making my salary 8000RMB. This is what I was promised, but it's slightly misleading not to tell someone that actually, someone else will be taking one third of your pay, while you do the work. Talking to others at the school, they were taking home 10-11K, meaning the agents were only taking 1-2K. I think someone was paying 2.5K, taking home 9.5K. So we are all doing the same job but some (me) getting paid a lot less than others.

We still don't know what is happening with the virus but at some point I will either need to go back to China and collect my stuff from the apartment (I have important documents there) or have it shipped over.

I am going to post this on other TEFL review sites as well. Never will I ever use i to i again!
Hi Howard,
Firstly, I’m really sorry that the coronavirus has impacted your teaching position in China. The situation in China is changing on a daily basis and we would always recommend following the British FCO advice (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/china) which is currently advising all British citizens not to travel to China and leave China if they are able to do so. We are not sure how long it will take for things to change but indications are it could be some time.
The ImmerQi team are the experts in China but if you are unsure what to do next and need advice from us then please contact us on 1300 88 42 70 (local Australian number) or customersupport@i-to-i.com. We will do our very best to help you.

Customer Support Team
DO NOT DO AN INTERNSHIP WITH I TO I TEFL.

DO NOT TRUST I TO I TEFL.

DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO I TO I TEFL.

I was warned from people who worked in Thailand as TEFL teachers that these internships were scammy and that if you go over there, you'd probably find a job. But as I haven't finished my college course yet, I don't have a Bachelor's degree which is a necessary requirement for a proper paying TEFL job in Asia and so I decided to book the Thailand internship as I'm desperate to see whether I would like to teach as a future career.

I booked my internship last June in 2019 and I called them every month, asking if I could book my flight and they told me they needed to wait for "minimum numbers" for the trip just to be sure it would go ahead. Fast forward to January 2020 and I call them and they tell me I still can't book my flight as minimum numbers weren't reached. And I reminded them that flights were going up every single day and it was clear they didn't give a damn if we spent a fortune on flights.

I then asked, "So what happens if minimum numbers aren't reached and I've already booked my flight?" And one of the I to I staff responded saying "Well... you could just.. go on a holiday?" And my jaw absolutely dropped. I was FURIOUS. They don't give ANY guarantee that you're actually going on the internship. They say it's highly unlikely that it won't happen but the person I was talking to on the phone literally admitted to me I was gambling with my money if I booked my flight then. So it was either gamble my money and book a flight without their go ahead OR wait till their go ahead (which would probably have been April or May seeing as it took 8 months just to get 8 people to book) and have spent probably nearing two grand for a flight, as flights in January were already around 1200.

So I decided to get a refund and I cried when I heard how much I was getting back. I PAID 717 EURO. I GOT BACK 238 EURO. I got to keep my 120 hour TEFL course but because of their return policy where you only get half of what you paid, minus the course after a few days of buying the internship, I got back a FRACTION OF WHAT I PAID. I PAID 717 EURO FOR A SCAM. AN ABSOLUTE SCAM WHERE THERE'S NO GUARANTEE OR SECURITY WITH YOUR MONEY.

They don't care at all about the people doing the internship. It's actually hilarious in hindsight how I fell for it. They get you to work for free in a town four hours away from Bangkok,and the working hours were Monday-Friday, 8-4pm. So around 8 hours of unpaid work so you get this "experience". They prey on those who have no Bachelor Degrees by promising them a sort of cultural, teaching experience but really, they're just getting you to do free work and giving the kids of the town a teacher without proper qualifications. It's a scam on all sides.

They take all your money, give the kids an inexperienced teacher and both parties are left feeling used. IT'S A SCAM. I wish I had listened to those TEFL teachers in Thailand and my gut instinct.

I to I TEFL took more than half of my money. They didn't care whether I gambled my money on flights because they were trying to save their own asses in case the internship didn't go ahead. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY'RE JUST AFTER YOUR MONEY. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE KIDS EITHER, THEY'RE JUST LOOKING TO MAKE MONEY ON ALL SIDES, IT'S NOT ABOUT TEACHING OR EXPERIENCE, THEY'RE AFTER YOUR MONEY.

I will never forget that staff member who told me to just "go on a holiday" with a flight that would have cost me over a grand. HOW DARE YOU. HOW DARE YOU OFFER NO SECURITY OR GUARANTEE OR PEACE OF MIND WITH YOUR SERVICE.

DO NOT BUY THEIR INTERNSHIP. THERE IS A REASON WHY ONLY 8 PEOPLE HAD BOOKED THE INTERNSHIP IN THE SPACE OF 8 MONTHS. IT'S A SCAM. DON'T GIVE I TO I YOUR MONEY. THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER
Firstly, I can see that our communications to you have not been to the level I would expect. We did not advise you clearly that the trip you booked onto needed minimum numbers in order for it to run and that should have been covered before you booked the trip. Because you booked the trip a year before it as due to run this would have been particularly important as the vast majority of people book closer to the travel date. As you booked in June 2019 and were not due to travel until June 2020 it was likely that it could take some time before we confirmed the internship.

We run the Thailand Internship with minimum numbers of 10 people and shortly after you made the decision to cancel your place those numbers were reached and the trip is now confirmed. We have been running this trip for nearly 8 years and the trips have always gone ahead with around 30 people on it so we could have done more to reassure you.

However, we do need to reach the minimum numbers in order for our partners to be able to run the trip (this is standard practice in the travel industry) and we therefore advise our customers not to book their flights until it has been confirmed. If a customer does want to book flights then they do so at their own risk. However, the response you received from us about taking a holiday was unprofessional and for that I apologise.

In addition to this I have also reviewed our terms and conditions to confirm that if minimum numbers are not reached a full refund will be given as that was not clear.

Because we haven't given you the high level of service I would expect we are processing a full refund to you. We are not a scam and have had many very happy customers on the Thailand Internship. If you do decide you would like to travel with us now the trip is confirmed we would be very happy to have you.

Jo Bearcroft
Customer & Operations Director
Purchased one the products offered and after a few days tried to find out about my confirmation email and start of course but was given virtually no assistance and shen I mentioned to the online customer care that I have paid, get no responses after that. I will definitely be warning people to not trust this company
Hi Jared,

I can see that we have spoken to you today and the issue is now resolved regarding your log in details.

Good luck with the course and please get in touch if you need any help with anything!

Best Wishes
Amy
Customer Support Team
I completed and passed the 120 hour TEFL course. It's a scam. You have to have a degree which they don't tell you in the beginning. There are no jobs without the degree. Don't think there are any jobs at all. A waste of time and money. Very disappointed.

I am very sorry to hear this.

There are countries where you need to have a degree in order to acquire a work permit. There are however countries where this is not a requirement.

We have a jobs board where there are job opportunities for non degree holders. The website is www.lovetefljobs.com.

Please get in touch if you would like some assistance, and we will help as much as we can.

Best of luck with your job search.
Customer Support
when they test u on the tefl course assesments they give u 4 attempts for u to fail so its a waste of time money
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

The quizzes and tests throughout the course are designed to ensure you have understood the learning modules and you are at a high enough level to be able to teach TEFL.

We have a tutor in house to assist and support you through the course if it is required.

Jill
Well it's a good course to study for. You can do do it own your own. If you need help they always their to help.
had so much trouble with the course.do not cater for kindles/other platforms etc.when i complained,got re-buffed by jill! asked for my money back,but just passed me onto someone else[victoria,very nice person]had a break for a couple of months as we were getting stressed with the whole uploading saga.then today more problems,given another email addy today[even though i sent in my wifes work with no problems to another email addy last week]just asked for a certificate for 2-part course,not a 3-part as originally planned.also my money back for the 30hr grammar course! will fone tomorrow to see if they have agreed? maybe they will let me speak to the director this time-yeah sure.nothing wrong with the course,just need a re-think about the way you deliver it to them.ps-they did agree there was a problem with the kindle/other devices up loading.
Hi Eddie,

Sorry to hear you have had trouble submitting your work for assessment. I can see you have spoken to my colleague today in regards to sending your work to be uploaded.

We are here to help you as much as we can through the course. I hope to receive your work soon.

TEFL Support Team
No value for money,I was turned away due to an emergency and notified the company I cant leave for China,I got no rebate.It was a emergency and this company took 14000 away from me.Instead of empowering future leaders they are breaking them.
Hi,

I am sorry to hear you feel this way, I can see we have been in touch previously regarding the cancellation of the China internship.

We will respond to your new email shortly.

TEFL Support Team
I would have left zero stars if I had the chance. I purchased a course over the phone, (which had a terrible connection because I don’t live in England) and through the in/out connection I heard I had 19 days to return the course if it had not yet been started. After asking questions about teaching in Spain, and when the school year would start, I was told I should “Google it” (ridiculous). I then wanted to return my course after realizing I would not have enough time to confidently move across seas, and was told I could not be refunded. England is 6 hours ahead of me and so they close 6 hours earlier. The website should state their phone hours apply to ONLY European time. They are also closed on weekends, so there’s no way of calling them either. Instead on giving me a refund of $340 they’ve lost the future business of my friends who plan on coming with me! Never use I-to-I!
I am sorry to hear this.
We do try to be as clear as possible with our terms and conditions, and with our opening hours. I can understand it is more difficult when there is a time difference.
I can see that we have been in contact with you regarding this.
Please get back in touch if you would like to discuss this further.
Kind Regards,
Support Team
I only evaluated the website content so far. The course content does not seem to include practical hours at all. The role playing with other students in a hotel cannot be considered a real practice. Moreover I cannot find anywhere the CVs of the tutors. What is their experience and qualifications? Lots of words but no examples of the course materials. The level 5 course claims to have 320hrs but they somehow do not add up. I don't think it is worth the risk.
Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. It would be great to have a chat with you about your concerns. Please send an email to customersupport@i-to-i.com and we can discuss it further.

Customer Support Team
i-to-i's customer service seemingly refused to communicate with me. I had to go to my bank directly to find out if I had been charged for my TEFL course because they did not send me a confirmation. I could never access the course I tried to purchased.
Hi,
Thank you for your comments.
I am very sorry to hear this.
We respond as quickly as we can, but it is currently a very busy period and I apologise for the delay.
I can see that there had been an error in the email address, and that you have now been sent a confirmation email.
Please get in touch if you have not received this.
Support Team
I purchased a TEFL pack from this fraudulent company but I only received 3 documents. Customer Service was very unhelpful despite all the questions I asked. They respond a week after I purchased. Do not do business with them. Only 1 person works at this company - it is fraudulent.
Hi Corne,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. I spoke to you over the phone and resolved this issue with a full refund. If you need any further assistance, please call me back on 021 300 2852 and we can discuss this further.

Customer Support Team
Delivery of the course was very very poor. Poor website, sometimes not accessible. Money making scheme. You can't finish in the time provided, you end up paying over and over for the course , the course material not always available. This is a money making scheme and I feel completely ripped off. Will be sharing my experience with as many as I can as I for one will not stand for this money making scheme and I feel people should know they are throwing their money away. After looking at other courses, this one is a total scam.
Hi Arno,
I am sorry to hear this.
I have tried to contact you, but could not reach you.
Please could you either call us on 021 300 2852 or email customersupport@i-to-i.com
Customer Support
This course does not indicate that they will expire within a certain amount of days. Thus there is no convenience to their courses rather, a large amount of stress as you have to rush hastily through the modules to be able to do the courses assessments. They do have very good information but in terms of getting your certification you are going to be rushed to finish and an extension is so costly you cannot expect this after they clearly indicate you can study at your convenience.
I am very sorry to hear this.
We do try and make the time limits clear in the email you receive once you book, but I apologise for the confusion.
Please contact us on customersupport@i-to-i.com or call us on +44 (0)113 205 4602 and we can see how we can help resolve this.
Rachel Fields