i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

tefl@i-to-i.com

Suite 2, Chantry House
Victoria Road

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
I just received an email that says my e-certificate is available for download. But when I opened the link it says that there's no matching record. I paid for an express marking so I could get the certificate. I badly needed the certificate now but it will probably take a while to get it or probably I will never receive it. This is giving me a lot of inconvenience. I already contacted the customer service but no reply at all. I felt Iike I was scammed. I paid for this course and all you have given me is this poor service.
Hi,
Thank you for your review and I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties downloading your e-certificate.
Please call us and we will be able to resolve the issue for you straight away, we have some of incorrect information in our system.
Customer Support Team
What good is a course if I can't go back and review the materials? It makes me feel like this is nothing but a money making scam. It demonstrates you are not interested in developing quality teachers, you are only interested in making as much money as you can in a short period of time. Very disappointed.
Hi Justin,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm sorry you have felt restricted by the time frame given to complete the course. We find that the 70 days is enough time to complete the 120 Hour course and make suitable notes. I can see your course expired back in 2019, and I have just added an extra year onto your course to help you go over your notes. Please let us know if you need anything further by emailing us on customersupport@i-to-i.com, we are more than happy to help.

I wish you the best of luck with your TEFL career!

Best Wishes
Amy
Customer Support Team
Total joke of a course, pump and dump diploma mill.
Hi Robert,
Thank you for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear you feel that way.
I can see our academic team did reach out to offer support with your course - if you would still like assistance, or to discuss this further, please contact us at customersupport@i-to-i.com
Best wishes, Jess Customer Support Team
I just spent £30 on the certificate and it's not even laminated. Joke!
Sorry to hear you're disappointed with your certificate. They are professionally printed (with hologram for security) and delivered by courier, which is what adds to the expense. Unfortunately, lamination is not recommended as they often need to be notarised. If there are any other problems with your certificate then please email me on jo.bearcroft@i-to-i.com and I'll happily look into this for you.
Really disappointed I thought I am buying resources this is like another course I feel really upset I bought this!
Hi,

We're sorry to hear this, our teaching packs are a combination of e-books and recourses for you to download and keep. They don't contain any course work, please contact the customer support team to clarify your recent purchase.

Jill
I learned a lot through the course and got great assistance with assignments.
It's finding jobs where the trouble starts. There's no work for new teachers.
You spend money to have a great future but and build a new career but how is all that possible when you get no job opportunities.
I'm really sorry to hear you're struggling to find work, we do have jobs support through our sister company LoveTEFL jobs and are here to help you if you need it. Please do send through your details and the type of work you're looking for to info@lovetefljobs.com. We'll do our very best to help you.
Jo
Customer Support Team
Great course but completely pointless without real world experience. Don’t think you can do a course and immediately get a job online. Also looking sounding and behaving like a weird energizer/Pokémon hybrid will probably stand you in good stead. Caveat emptor.
Hi Anthony. it's great to hear you enjoyed our course. I'm sorry to hear you've not had a great experience getting an online job so far. We have lots of help and advice in our blogs section (https://www.i-to-i.com/tefl-blog/) and we're here to offer support too. It may take a bit of time but there are definitely options out there for you.
Personally it was a waste of my money, I never got feedback on the last assignment I submitted. When I put through a query, they respond after days. Eventually they told me my course had expired and I have to pay more money for the extension which is ridiculous!
Hi there, I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't get feedback on the assignment you submitted, you should expect feedback from us on all submissions. Please contact us on customersupport@i-to-i.com and we'll investigate what has happened here. You get at least 6 months to complete our Level 5 courses which should be ample time but if you did not hear back from us (for whatever reason) we will reinstate that time free of charge.
If you have any problem, nobody answers you!
Hi Victoria, I'm really sorry to hear you have had trouble reaching us. We are here to respond to your queries and do our very best to get back to all customers as soon as we can, certainly within 2 working days. If that has not been the case for you then please email me on jo.bearcroft@i-to-i.com and I will look into what has happened here.
So disappointed, payed for my courses and received NO feedback. They took my money and never got back to me!!!!!
Hi there, I'm sorry to hear you have not received any feedback from us. This is very unusual and is normally down to incorrect information at the time of booking. Would you be able to provide further details about your issue so that we can look into this and help to resolve it? You can contact us by emailing customersupport@i-to-i.com or call us on +44 113 205 4602
Best wishes, Jess Customer Support Team
I bought this book to review the course I did years ago. However, I could not find it anywhere. The email link only told me that the course became available to read, but there was nothing else.

Either I missed something, or the links and site were faulty.
Hi Keegan,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear the Read only link you were sent didn't work.

I have added a years access to your 120 hour course for you.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Customer Support Team
Sorry didn't mean to press the button. I am however wanting advise. Signed up for Level 5 but should have signed up for level 3 which is more in line with what I want to do. I am now on level 4.
Hi there,

Please contact us so we can discuss your query further. You can reach by phone or email.

Hope to speak to you soon and help you with your course

Customer Support Team
Very good content and a goo team of tutors. Thank you.
Terrible. The course content was extremely poor, most of it obvious, the quizzes and tests were even worse, again, most questions could be guessed easily and were frankly stupid, something along the lines of ‘if a student gets a question wrong should you A. Shout at them so they don’t make any more mistakes or B. Explain the answer.

But worse than the course is how extortionate i-to-i are. I have been forced by them to pay various ‘extra’ fees throughout the course. The worst of which was for assignment extensions. I found that when marking assignments they had a tendency to only give you part of the corrections needed, then when you have corrected it and sent it back they would take 7 days to mark it, then give you the next thing that needs to be corrected and so on until you ran out of time and have to pay an extra £40 or so for a 15 day extension. Why not just give all the feedback at once? Other things they charged me for was an email from them confirming that i was doing the course, why you would charge £20 for an email stating I was doing it I cannot imagine... But they did all the same, disgraceful behaviour. I strongly advise anyone to avoid i-to-i.
Thanks for taking the time to give us a review. I’m disappointed to read your comments as we aim to provide a course that is informative, helpful and enjoyable. I’m sorry you didn’t find this to be the case. Some of the tests may seem obvious but these are designed to confirm you have understood the content and to build confidence.
The feedback when you submitted your assignment should be full and detailed according to the work you submitted. If you do not feel this was the case then please contact us on customersupport@i-to-i.com – we can look into this for you.
When you start your course, you’re given a set amount of study time to complete it and we do charge for extensions after that. The amount of time given is well over the average time needed to avoid extensions in most cases. We do not delay giving feedback and will always try to mark submissions as quickly as we can, normally within 3 days. However, if you are towards the end of your study time and need to make alterations then an extension might be needed.
We also receive a high volume of requests for official completion letters that are needed by some employers and charge a small admin fee (£9) for these to be administered.
Once again, I’m really sorry to hear you are unhappy with our service and would encourage you to contact us directly on customersupport@i-to-i.com if you feel that you’ve had to buy extensions unnecessarily. We’d be more than happy to look into that further for you.
Best wishes,
Jo
They left me stranded!

I am supposedly in the process of a 1 year trip in China. From the start, i to i messed me around. They told me (all in writing, so I have proof) that my DBS would be valid for China. I then found out that it isn't (and they won't pay for another one). Granted, they do say that any visa fees are payable by the applicant, but I had in writing that I wouldn't need to pay this.

It doesn't end there. I found out that there were lots of documents that need notarising. In some countries e.g. USA, you can get this done for free at your bank. However, UK is not one of these countries. After that, there were quite a few other fees that we weren't told about. i to i need to make it clear exactly what fees need paying, and the (approximate) cost of these. On top of that, the visa process for China is so complicated that I ended up paying an agency another £50 just to help me do it. All this, while trying to hold down a job (I graduated a while ago and was already working)

It doesn't end there. i to i didn't tell me that actually, it's another agency that they just pass on your details to, an agency called Immerqi, based in Beijing. They were just as hopeless and it felt like I was being bounced around.

I haven't even got to the worst part yet. I know that the Coronavirus in China is not i to i or Immerqi's fault, but the way they handled it is shocking. I was told (again, in email, so I have written evidence) that even though the FCO advises against all travel to China unless essential that "it's fine to go back and that's just a precaution." When even if it's safe to go back, there's very little in the way of transportation, possible food shortages (nothing is open) and I could find it hard to leave China or be quarantined on my arrival to the UK, if things suddenly got worse.

During the winter holidays (they don't have Christmas in China) I decided to go to Australia, thinking that it would be a good opportunity and not a massively long flight, plus no jet lag. When I was in Australia the situation in China suddenly got worse, and I had to make a snap decision what to do. I was in Perth at the time and managed to call a friend in Sydney who (I am currently) staying with. But sooner or later I will have to go back to the UK (all these extra flights and living costs at my own expense, I might add). I never had any contact from anyone asking if I was OK, what my plans were etc. When I started work at the school, nobody got in touch to ask how everything was going.

This is their JOB. Basically, we found out that foreign teachers at our school get paid 12000RMB monthly. BUT the agents all take different amounts. Immerqi take 4000RMB of that, making my salary 8000RMB. This is what I was promised, but it's slightly misleading not to tell someone that actually, someone else will be taking one third of your pay, while you do the work. Talking to others at the school, they were taking home 10-11K, meaning the agents were only taking 1-2K. I think someone was paying 2.5K, taking home 9.5K. So we are all doing the same job but some (me) getting paid a lot less than others.

We still don't know what is happening with the virus but at some point I will either need to go back to China and collect my stuff from the apartment (I have important documents there) or have it shipped over.

I am going to post this on other TEFL review sites as well. Never will I ever use i to i again!
Hi Howard,
Firstly, I’m really sorry that the coronavirus has impacted your teaching position in China. The situation in China is changing on a daily basis and we would always recommend following the British FCO advice (https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/china) which is currently advising all British citizens not to travel to China and leave China if they are able to do so. We are not sure how long it will take for things to change but indications are it could be some time.
The ImmerQi team are the experts in China but if you are unsure what to do next and need advice from us then please contact us on 1300 88 42 70 (local Australian number) or customersupport@i-to-i.com. We will do our very best to help you.

Best wishes,
Victoria
Customer Support Team
DO NOT DO AN INTERNSHIP WITH I TO I TEFL.

DO NOT TRUST I TO I TEFL.

DO NOT GIVE YOUR MONEY TO I TO I TEFL.

I was warned from people who worked in Thailand as TEFL teachers that these internships were scammy and that if you go over there, you'd probably find a job. But as I haven't finished my college course yet, I don't have a Bachelor's degree which is a necessary requirement for a proper paying TEFL job in Asia and so I decided to book the Thailand internship as I'm desperate to see whether I would like to teach as a future career.

I booked my internship last June in 2019 and I called them every month, asking if I could book my flight and they told me they needed to wait for "minimum numbers" for the trip just to be sure it would go ahead. Fast forward to January 2020 and I call them and they tell me I still can't book my flight as minimum numbers weren't reached. And I reminded them that flights were going up every single day and it was clear they didn't give a damn if we spent a fortune on flights.

I then asked, "So what happens if minimum numbers aren't reached and I've already booked my flight?" And one of the I to I staff responded saying "Well... you could just.. go on a holiday?" And my jaw absolutely dropped. I was FURIOUS. They don't give ANY guarantee that you're actually going on the internship. They say it's highly unlikely that it won't happen but the person I was talking to on the phone literally admitted to me I was gambling with my money if I booked my flight then. So it was either gamble my money and book a flight without their go ahead OR wait till their go ahead (which would probably have been April or May seeing as it took 8 months just to get 8 people to book) and have spent probably nearing two grand for a flight, as flights in January were already around 1200.

So I decided to get a refund and I cried when I heard how much I was getting back. I PAID 717 EURO. I GOT BACK 238 EURO. I got to keep my 120 hour TEFL course but because of their return policy where you only get half of what you paid, minus the course after a few days of buying the internship, I got back a FRACTION OF WHAT I PAID. I PAID 717 EURO FOR A SCAM. AN ABSOLUTE SCAM WHERE THERE'S NO GUARANTEE OR SECURITY WITH YOUR MONEY.

They don't care at all about the people doing the internship. It's actually hilarious in hindsight how I fell for it. They get you to work for free in a town four hours away from Bangkok,and the working hours were Monday-Friday, 8-4pm. So around 8 hours of unpaid work so you get this "experience". They prey on those who have no Bachelor Degrees by promising them a sort of cultural, teaching experience but really, they're just getting you to do free work and giving the kids of the town a teacher without proper qualifications. It's a scam on all sides.

They take all your money, give the kids an inexperienced teacher and both parties are left feeling used. IT'S A SCAM. I wish I had listened to those TEFL teachers in Thailand and my gut instinct.

I to I TEFL took more than half of my money. They didn't care whether I gambled my money on flights because they were trying to save their own asses in case the internship didn't go ahead. THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU, THEY'RE JUST AFTER YOUR MONEY. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT THE KIDS EITHER, THEY'RE JUST LOOKING TO MAKE MONEY ON ALL SIDES, IT'S NOT ABOUT TEACHING OR EXPERIENCE, THEY'RE AFTER YOUR MONEY.

I will never forget that staff member who told me to just "go on a holiday" with a flight that would have cost me over a grand. HOW DARE YOU. HOW DARE YOU OFFER NO SECURITY OR GUARANTEE OR PEACE OF MIND WITH YOUR SERVICE.

DO NOT BUY THEIR INTERNSHIP. THERE IS A REASON WHY ONLY 8 PEOPLE HAD BOOKED THE INTERNSHIP IN THE SPACE OF 8 MONTHS. IT'S A SCAM. DON'T GIVE I TO I YOUR MONEY. THEY WILL SCREW YOU OVER
Firstly, I can see that our communications to you have not been to the level I would expect. We did not advise you clearly that the trip you booked onto needed minimum numbers in order for it to run and that should have been covered before you booked the trip. Because you booked the trip a year before it as due to run this would have been particularly important as the vast majority of people book closer to the travel date. As you booked in June 2019 and were not due to travel until June 2020 it was likely that it could take some time before we confirmed the internship.

We run the Thailand Internship with minimum numbers of 10 people and shortly after you made the decision to cancel your place those numbers were reached and the trip is now confirmed. We have been running this trip for nearly 8 years and the trips have always gone ahead with around 30 people on it so we could have done more to reassure you.

However, we do need to reach the minimum numbers in order for our partners to be able to run the trip (this is standard practice in the travel industry) and we therefore advise our customers not to book their flights until it has been confirmed. If a customer does want to book flights then they do so at their own risk. However, the response you received from us about taking a holiday was unprofessional and for that I apologise.

In addition to this I have also reviewed our terms and conditions to confirm that if minimum numbers are not reached a full refund will be given as that was not clear.

Because we haven't given you the high level of service I would expect we are processing a full refund to you. We are not a scam and have had many very happy customers on the Thailand Internship. If you do decide you would like to travel with us now the trip is confirmed we would be very happy to have you.

Jo Bearcroft
Customer & Operations Director
Purchased one the products offered and after a few days tried to find out about my confirmation email and start of course but was given virtually no assistance and shen I mentioned to the online customer care that I have paid, get no responses after that. I will definitely be warning people to not trust this company
Hi Jared,

I can see that we have spoken to you today and the issue is now resolved regarding your log in details.

Good luck with the course and please get in touch if you need any help with anything!

Best Wishes
Amy
Customer Support Team
I completed and passed the 120 hour TEFL course. It's a scam. You have to have a degree which they don't tell you in the beginning. There are no jobs without the degree. Don't think there are any jobs at all. A waste of time and money. Very disappointed.
Hi,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear this.

There are countries where you need to have a degree in order to acquire a work permit. There are however countries where this is not a requirement.

We have a jobs board where there are job opportunities for non degree holders. The website is www.lovetefljobs.com.

Please get in touch if you would like some assistance, and we will help as much as we can.

Best of luck with your job search.
Rachel,
Customer Support
when they test u on the tefl course assesments they give u 4 attempts for u to fail so its a waste of time money
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback.

The quizzes and tests throughout the course are designed to ensure you have understood the learning modules and you are at a high enough level to be able to teach TEFL.

We have a tutor in house to assist and support you through the course if it is required.

Jill
Well it's a good course to study for. You can do do it own your own. If you need help they always their to help.
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.68 based on 5,342 reviews