i-to-i TEFL Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend i-to-i TEFL

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy

customer service
"I enjoyed the course and booked a 5 month internship in China which has been a fantastic experience. Keen to sample a different country I signed up for Vietnam, the person I spoke to didn't mention that there are only 10 days left between end of semester and expiration date of visa leaving very little time to explore Vietnam. Surely the whole point of going is to teach then spend some time exploring a new country? Additionally your site doesn't mention that Vietnamese schools will not accept you if you have a visible tattoo. These 2 points only become apparent after payment when you receive your confirmation email. Had this been clear I certainly wouldn't have booked and parted with my money. I'm now told that it's my problem and I am not entitled to a refund even though I sent an email signalling my intention to withdraw within an hour of booking. Overall just feels like I have been conned into booking something that hasn't been described accurately at all"
"I paid over 300 pounds for the original course and an extra 100 pounds on a wasted extension for very poorly made course. Some of the questions in the quiz did not relate to anything in the training at all and using google and credible courses to find the answer would be deemed wrong by the quiz itself which is ludicrous. Only reason they have a time limit on the course is so you spend more money on an extension. Site is absolutely a scam stay well clear, much better reputable courses out there"
Hi Josh, I'm really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the course. I can see from correspondence that you were struggling with it and I know we offered assistance if you need it.
We welcome any feedback that you have about the course and sections you feel require improvement so please email us on customersupport@i-to-i.com and we'll certainly review anything that you think doesn't make sense. We generally receive very positive feedback about our course so it's really disappointing to read your comments.
I can see that you have been working through the course since July 2016 and haven't finished it yet so I've given you a complimentary extension in the hope that you can complete it in full. The time limit on the course is designed to help students work through all the content and remember details when they get to the assessment section at the end.
"I was very interested in the Vietnam paid internship and spent a lot of time on the phone to an adviser at I-to-I who was very helpful patient and kind and rang me up on regular occasions to reassure me and to answer the hundreds of questions that I had about the internship so that I felt confident enough to cough up the £750 fee which pays for accommodation and the orientation over in Vietnam. One of my questions was about my appearance, I told them that I’ve got very neat, clean dreadlocks and facial piercings and an arm tattoo which covers a scar- but along with this I also mentioned that i intended to wear my hair back in a neat bun and that I was happy to take my piercings out and would obviously cover all tattoos. In response to this I got laughed at, and told not to be silly and that this was absolutely fine as long as I took my piercings out and covered my tattoos as intended. One other question was about the accommodation Surprisingly I-to-I were not able to provide me with any example photos of what the accommodation was going to look like and considering you are making a home there for 5 months you'd think they'd have that covered. Anyway my friend and I painstakingly make the decisions to leave our homes, partners, friends and families to make this massive exciting step towards our new careers. I am already qualified with a 140 hour TEFL qualification and have a degree in English literature so am more than qualified enough for this position so was confident that I was going to accepted and that his was the beginning of a new life for me. I was shocked however after paying £750 to I-to-I to have absolutely no further contact from them after all of the reassurance, not a single word to tell me what would happen next or to congratulate me on my decision. I was handed straight to the partners in Vietnam who sent me an application form to fill out - which I did to a very high standard - I was very confident in the fact that I had all of the necessary qualifications and also had lots of other great qualities necessary in a teacher. I included details of my previous work experience working with children with disabilities. I sent all of this information off very promptly because I am a competent and organised person. It came to sending my documents off which I did once again very promptly. We were asked to send a signed contract which made the entire experience sound awful. On reading the contract I was filled with doubt because it sounded so awful and I was left awake all hours of the night worrying that it was going to be so horrible that I didn’t want to go anymore. It stated that we may be expected to work over 6 days, that we were not allowed to plan trips, that we had to pay for a $75 mandatory invasive health check (which was not made clear by I-to-I it is in the terms and conditions but this should be should stated very clearly as an added cost!!! ) Also had to send them a picture which I did of course including the facial piercings I intended to remove on commencing the internship (not 3 months beforehand) and it was a very lovely photo too. I didn’t think this photo was very consequential I thought it was just to match up to the passport- wasn’t aware it was the main method of deciding on the success of an application. Confident that I’ve got all the qualifications, reassured that my appearance isn’t an issue, I go ahead and tell my landlord that I’m going to be leaving in January to which he replies "that’s great I’m selling up then". So a couple of days later I get an email very bluntly explaining that I have been rejected from the internship and that they refuse to give me any reason for this so that I should get in touch with i-to-i to organise a refund or to see if there is any other experience I can take part in. Excuse me? I am more than qualified and more than competent as I have proven and I have been entirely discriminated against because of my appearance? Which I made clear from the very beginning and was willing to comply with the dress code. Had a very lucky escape because speaking to my teacher friends around the world i-to-i are renowned for messing people around and not sending them their certificates or ripping them off in one sense or another. So I go ahead and ring i-to-i about this and there was absolutely no sympathy, no compassion and I was treated and made to feel as if this was my fault in some way. I was not offered a refund I had to ask for it, I was not offered any other experiences I had to ask about them they did not try in any way to accommodate for the situation or to try and make it less stressful. Now I have to move out of my home for absolutely no reason, am absolutely emotionally drained by the whole experience made to feel like less of a person because of my appearance? I’m sorry but what kind of joke is this ? This is the 21st century !? I understand cultures vary and that this was a professional job but when I’ve already made it clear about my appearance and my intentions to conform, i-to-i have a duty to inform me at least why I was rejected – But of course they can’t because they know this decision is not based on any fair grounds. The girl who talked to me basically laughed and said it’s all cultural and had a "what do you want me to do about it" attitude. A little compassion goes a long way when you’re dealing with human beings. I am absolutely gutted to be treated like this but I’m so relieved that I-to-I or sly-to-sly decided to mess me around BEFORE I got over there for 5 months ! Thanks for the emotional roller coaster sly-to-sly it’s been a blast! Luckily I’m a positive person so used this experience to grow, I’ve learnt a lot about myself in the process. I’ve reinforced in myself that I am more than what I look like, that I am a competent, organised, compassionate, enthusiastic, dedicated, qualified, educated, intelligent, kind, funny and above all interesting person with so much to offer to the right people so I think your partners in Vietnam have missed out on a great opportunity to have me teach their children so I'd like to offer my apologies cause its genuinely their loss. In closing - communicate with people after they've paid you £750 - don't lie about appearance not mattering because it clearly does and make this very clear to anybody out there with a personality a bit more interesting than a wet flannel. - don't treat people like it’s their fault they got rejected - have a bit of compassion - be a bit more polite -dont make people who get rejected ask for a refund, you should be the ones to contact them- offerings support – advice and of course that refund!"
Hi Anneli,

I know that we spoke on the phone to go through the issues you had with our service and have hopefully sorted everything out for you now. If not, please do let me know.

Firstly, we’d like to apologise for the poor advice you were given when you signed up to the internship in the first place. We should have explained that the photos you give are used by our partners in Vietnam to introduce you to possible schools so that your application could be accepted. As a teacher in a school, professional appearance is very important and unfortunately the photo you submitted did not give that impression, hence your rejection. We have recently increased the amount of information we provide before booking to hopefully avoid the same thing happening to anyone else.

Secondly, I am sorry that the person you spoke to when phoning us about your application was not helpful or understanding. When you called back and spoke to me I hope I was able to explain things in more detail and fully resolve your issues, including a full refund of your money paid. If that hasn’t been the case then please let me know.

Best wishes,

Jo Bearcroft
Operations Manager
"To Whom It May Concern, I am writing to you in relation to my trip booked via i-to-i.com Love TEFL – The Cambodia Adventure I started this course with the intent, which i was informed at the time of booking would be met, that the required 100 hour TEFL course would provide me the tools to teach and the 5 days spent in a school environment teaching children in Cambodia would give me real exposure, a chance to put the learned skills to work and it would be structured to allow me to assess if I wanted to become a TEFL teacher before seeking a 6 month job These were the key reason i chose the i-to-i.com Love TEFL – The Cambodia Adventure. I also picked your company since booking a trip with an organisation whose purpose is TEFL courses would ensure a professional placement and a really great experience of teaching English all of which was discussed pre booking and I was assured would be the case. So I set out with high hopes soon to be dashed This tour has been the worst I have done in over 18 years of solo and tour travel. I will first mention the teaching and then the tour disappointment and why I CAN NEVER recommend your company 1 Other people on the tour not booked through i-to-i.com did not have to undergo the TEFL Teaching Course and or show any police clearance. This was a early indicator the teaching was not going to be that valuable and the TEFL qualification money and money and time spent getting the police clearance was a waste. 2. We were given no information either in advance so we could plan or at the school itself before teaching about the students, their skill level, syllabus, what they were learning or other critical elements - all of which is critical per your own training to ensure a effective lesson 3 There were no resources available to assist in teaching - no flash card, course bookS, reading books, color charts or anything even mentioned in your own training. 4 there was no teacher in the classroom at any point to learn from Instead we were given a marker and told to teach 'what ever we wished' but teach the same thing each day. This was terrible some students were more advanced that what we were teaching, some less, we had no material to use and just a whiteboard - how I was supposed to learn from this and assess if I wanted to teach is beyond me 5 this was not a school but a afterschool English program of 2 rooms so it did not reflect what we were told would be a school in any sense. 6 we were expecting a 5 day placement. But the Friday happened to be on the Chinese New Year and thus, the school was closed so we only got a 4 day placement cutting even further into the experience. In summary I was lied to by your company regarding what the placement would be like. I was sold the expectation I would be surrounded by experienced teachers in a public school with tools and a inplace syllabus and structured curriculum and would gain further teaching insight and a chance to use the knowledge from the TEFL course in a productive way to build my confidence in teaching a class and the tools to use during this teaching to engage the students if I decided to teach. Instead I was chucked into a room full of kids with no information what so ever and told to teach them. And now for my review of the rest of the tour. Having travelled for almost 18 years by myself and on tours the world over this is one of the worst run tours I have ever done. Your company or its subcontractors take no responsibility for anything that goes wrong but blame each other or strangely Cambodia itself.. This has been the most unprofessional all in it for the profit tour I have done. 1 We were supposed to be picked up at the airport. But nowhere could we see any signs stating i-to-i.com or the local partner company STARFISH. Apparently, the guide was at the airport but with the name of a totally different company on his board. 2 clearly no one has done hotel quality checks we stayed in 3 hotels and one homestay. In 2 of the hotels we had to be moved due to a combination of broken AC no water in the shower, mold in the shower and the homestay had no AC so the room was a oven each night in feb - the only other option was sleeping on a concrete pad in a three walled bamboo enclosure on a cot It looks like you book the cheapest rooms possible and have done no diligence on where you are placing people. 3 tour length is to long at the beach agin the guide can give us nothing to do for 6 nights. That shows poor planning on your part of what to give the guide and how you planned this tour. 4 our guide was not able to clearly communicate what was included, excursions for off days and seemed poorly informed about the tour itself. The only good things were the day of sighting seeing in Phnom Penh, the days in Siem Reap and Angkor Wat and the one day snorkelling and island hopping in Sihanoukville were all good. However, i didn’t book this trip for these experiences - I can do those by myself for cheaper. i booked it for the teaching experience and that gets a F failing grade in teaching The 4 days of teaching felt like a waste of time. I don’t feel as if the students got anything out of it and more importantly to me I definitely did not get anything out of it regarding should I teach- right now based on those 4 days it's a solid no. In summary I feel lied to about the teaching component, ripped off about the rest and in no way will be recommending your company to anyone."
Thank you for your feedback; we are very sorry that you have been unhappy with your experience in Cambodia with us. As you have contacted us formally we will come back to you privately regarding your full comments. This trip should be a great experience and we're sorry to hear you have not found that to be the case.
"Purchased the 120 hr TEFL course which included a 5 month 'internship' in Thailand. Can't express how horrendous, badly planned and not followed up this company insists its products and services on being. I returned in March and still haven't heard back from my tens of emails and it is now September. Biggest waste of money, waste of trust and nearly ruined my whole Thailand experience"
"I registered for the 120 hours online course, with a weekend practical training. The course material is very well presented with so many video clips of teaching - from young children to adults. The various quizzes after certain sections also help to put the theory in perspective and is a very useful tool to gauge one's progress and knowledge. The weekend practical training in Cape Town the last weekend of January 2017 was brilliantly presented by Annie and Francesca, who really challenged and stretched all of us. The quality of their training was outstanding. They applied all the theory in those 2 days of practical training. It was amazing to see the theory in practice in the way they presented the training. When we had to present a lesson (in groups of 3 or 4) their comments (not criticism!) were so well structured as to point out the weak points but more so pointing to the reasons why we should change and adapt our way of presenting. It was a most helpful weekend and I wished we could spend another week with those 2 ladies, learning from their experience and wisdom. They are indeed professionals and presented the training in that way, although maintaining a very approachable and friendly attitude towards all the students. Their experience in teaching is quite phenomenal and it comes so naturally to them. Indeed the result of years of training and teaching. I would recommend this course (as I have already done) wherever I go. I am looking forward to enrolling for the next course, as I realize I have only just started on the journey of teaching. I thoroughly enjoyed the course. Thank you!!"
"I purchased the 120 hour TEFL course and was able to go through all the content in 2 weeks ( this includes days of 10hours+ studying and taking notes). The content of the course was well written and clearly explained the subject and will definitely come in handy when teaching English. I saw some previous reviews complaining that the content is boring but I wholeheartedly disagree. You have to know with what you start and commit to it. There were plenty of examples, videos etc. to make the content more enjoyable. After a lot of note-taking those 2 weeks I took a 2 day break before I started the big assignment. Once completed I received proper feedback on my work, what areas to look out for, some extra tips and hints. I am now waiting for my certificate to drop in my mailbox but I will start my jobhunt with extra motivation and confidence having completed this course."
"I finnished the course. You sent me congratulations and I never heard from you again. never received my certificate and cannot get hold of you again. My name Barend Petrus Le Roux ID 6001285097087. The course was great. I am busy teaching in China already. Now School needs certificate and I cannot get hold of you. I look like a fake teacher to the school. Luckily I am a qualified graduate teacher with many years experience but my goodness why not send my certificate?"
Hi Barend, we're really sorry to hear about your certificate not arriving as planned. I can see that we have been in touch with you by email and a replacement has now been re-ordered. If you need anything else from us please send an email to customersupport@i-to-i.com and we'll get straight back to you.
"I have just completed the 120 Hour Online Course, as I am going on the Thailand TEFL Experience in January. This course was good, really good. Although nervous to start (I have previously been a Teaching Assistant, but have no experience planning a lesson and teaching an entire class), I now feel fairly confident that I'll be okay out in Thailand. The course provides content in four main areas- Planning a Lesson, Lesson Content, Making It Work In The Classroom, and Course Assessment. Don't get me wrong; these sections aren't easy. Involved is A LOT of note taking, content understanding, and tests- and it isn't easy. However, I managed to complete the course in three weeks (baring in mind I work full-time), I worked every. single. evening. from 5.30pm to past 12am, but i did it! With a bit of hard work, I think anybody could do it. It is very useful and has helpful tests throughout the sections, in order for you to make sure you're on the right track. There are some elements of the course that I think could be improved, they aren't big things, but it would be great if they were considered. The first point would be to PLEASE HAVE A PROGRESS TRACKER! I can't say this enough. When it's late in the night and you've just completed whatever section- you want to see where you're at! You need to know that that you're on the right track and making sufficient progress. As theres a lot of note taking, some people may work slower than others- and how many hours you've spent on the course, doesn't necessarily mean you've completed that many hours. Luckily I have a fantastic partner who is a whizz on Microsoft Excel and he managed to make a progress chart for me, so I had a rough idea where I was in the course. It helped a lot when my motivation was down. Another not-so-great part of the course, was the information I was given about it. The Customer Service team are great, however I've found that some of the information they gave me was a little bit contradictory. I didn't join onto the course until the 17th November 16 and as it's three months long- my course ran out in February 17 (but I was going on the Thailand Experience in January). I was very concerned that I wouldn't complete the course in time for going as I only had a month and a half, rather than three). However, I was reassured on the phone that it didn't matter and I could complete it whilst in Thailand and if I need an extension, I could get one out there. Once I got my welcome pack for the course- it said that my course must be finished at least 14 days before departure to Thailand, or I can't teach. On separate occasions I emailed, called, and spoke on the live chat to try and get answers and I was again reassured that I don't need to complete it before departure. Although, the Terms and Conditions stated otherwise, and said again that it must be completed before departure. I also got an email through, reminding everybody to send all their documents off and a note saying "complete your TEFL course 2 weeks before departure – We must have a copy of your certificate before you can teach." So in the end, I just made sure it was completed, because after all, whether the team say I would be okay to finish it out in Thailand, I would rather be safe than sorry. So please, just give clear answers next time! For all other questions and concerns that I've had, the customer service team have been great (especially those on the live chat, they are very helpful and if they don't know the answer, they'll get somebody who does). The course is really worth doing- I am now qualified and very much looking forward to going to Thailand in the new year! I'll be back to let you know how that went. Thank you to the TEFL team for making this all possible."
"It is very difficult to do a review of this work. In the foundations TEFL course, there were PDF documents you could download to review the work. The format of this course for review is painful as you waste time going back to try and review. I find this inconsistent and extremely frustrating."
Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback and I am sorry to hear you have had trouble navigating through the course.

We would love to help you, please let me know the best number to reach you on customersupport@i-to-i.com.

I hope to hear from you soon

Best wishes
Jill
TEFL Support Team
"User interface is terrible. Progress should be saved and I shouldn't have to try and remember where I was before I logged out every time. Also, I should see a percentage telling me how much of the course I have completed but I don't. Some of the quizzes are an absolute joke; most of them come before anything relevant to the quiz has even been taught yet. Navigation is a confusing nightmare; after 20 minutes of going in circles, I still have no idea how to reserve a spot in the 20 hour classroom portion of the course, which was part of the package I paid for. The lessons in their videos are some of the most boring and uninspiring lessons I have ever seen, I have been teaching ESL for 7 years."
Thanks for your feedback. Our technical team has been working on the most effective way to return you to the place in the course where you left off and are currently testing a range of options. We are also planning to add a more obvious progress bar at the top of the screen so you can see more clearly how far you have progressed through the course. If you would like to book a spot on one of our practical courses please contact customersupport@i-to-i.com and a member of a team would be happy to help. Thanks again for your feedback, at i-to-i LoveTEFL we value customer feedback very highly.
"I have sent you 5 emails and phoned the cape town office numerous times with no reply what so ever."
"I just want to say, WOW! I have just arrived back in England after the most incredible 2 and a half months of my life in Thailand, doing the Thailand TEFL Experience. My experience was amazing and I would 100% recommend anybody looking for a bit of adventure to do this. I want to write this as I have only really seen reviews for the online course and not for the experiences, so when i was deciding whether to book or not- I was a bit nervous when I couldn't read about anybody with a great experience! I completed my TEFL online course in around 3 weeks, after some very hard work. After receiving my certificate, I packed and readied myself to take the adventure of a lifetime! I was so nervous to go, I had never been anywhere by myself before so it's safe to say that i was terrified. I'm going to be honest, on the plane I did stop and think that this could be a scam company and there would be nobody to meet me at the airport. Thankfully(!) Nutty's Adventures- i-to-i's in-county team- were there to greet me and take me to the hotel to meet the other interns. The other interns I met really did make the trip as amazing as it was. It was incredible to meet so many other people from different countries and cultures, but you all have that one thing in common. I don't think the experience would have been quite as good if I didn't get along with the other interns, as all of your weekends you were free to do what you liked- there were no organised tours or places to be- you had your own reign. There were some things that could be improved- which is why I didn't rate this review 5 stars. However, they are only very small things and did not spoil the experience. More information is definitely needed before the departure to whichever country you go to. For example, in the welcome brochure you get before leaving, it mentions that you must get travel vaccinations... okay yes that is very important. I went to get these and the nurse asked me which places I was staying in Thailand. I told her the places and also QUOTED from the brochure that i was staying in a 'small, rural village'. I was told that as it is a rural area, I need to get a certain types of injections etc etc. To cut a long story short, I had to go to a private clinic and spend over £350 on injections that I thought I needed. When I actually arrived in Thailand, I saw that I was not in a small, rural village at all- none of us were- we were in big, busy towns! Another example, is that from October 2016-October 2017, the people of Thailand are in mourning due to the unfortunate passing of their beloved King. Because of this, many people wear black for an entire year, including employees of the public sector. We did not find out about this, until we actually arrived in Thailand. I knew the King had died, due to my own research before I came- but I did not realise that this meant we, as interns, must only wear black when teaching. It would have been very helpful if we had received an email informing us of this BEFORE we packed clothes that ended up being too inappropriate to teach in! If the brochures and information given was up-to-date and accurate, then I probably could have saved a lot of money. One other thing that did make me nervous while teaching out there- is the visa. We were told in the information pack to apply for a 60 Day Tourist Visa, and not a working one as we were only volunteers. However, when this visa arrived it clearly states 'employment prohibited'- okay fine, we're not technically employed but it seems a little dodgy. It was something I forgot about until a member of the in-country informed us that if we were to extend our visas, we must stay in a hotel that night, and not the school. We weren't allowed to tell these government officials were we had been living for the past two months. One intern accidentally did out of nervousness, and she ended up with a slap on the wrist and had to pay hefty fines and pay for another visa- this time a working one. So I do think proper clarity is needed on the visas and the company need to speak to official people to make sure what we are doing is completely legal! Apart from that, Thailand was an absolutely worth-it experience. You get to live like a local, completely immersing yourself into a different culture and way of life. You pick up bits of the language, take 'selfies' with the locals, and laugh with the children. Don't get me wrong sometimes it was very difficult, the school I was in didn't have many resources and there was only one teacher that spoke really good English, but thats all part of the experience! Make your own resources if there aren't any. Teacher forgot to tell you the subject for that week? -Use your initiative and if you can't ask them, see what the children want to learn. Your accommodation isn't as homely as you like? Buy some nice decorations for it- it'll be nice for the next interns and great for the school, don't forget they've given you the accommodation off their own back- they don't get paid to keep you! It is hard to start off with, losing the luxuries you're used to and being somewhere completely out of your depth. But I tell you what, you'll soon miss the strange way of living when you're back to reality. I can't thank i-to-i LOVE TEFL enough for the amazing opportunity they have given me. Without finding this company, I never would have taken the plunge to go and live in another country for two months. From reading some of the reviews already on here, I don't think this company are given enough credit. Yes, there are some things that need to be worked on, but nothing is completely perfect. I was placed in a safe, built up area, and I had the best two months of my life. In fact my time in Thailand was so good, I extended my flights so I could travel for a further two weeks (it would have been longer if I could have afforded it), and since I have returned to England, I am constantly on their website looking for other experiences to do (just waiting for them to be cheaper)! Thank you so much i-to-i, you have definitely made me want to travel again!"
"The course caters to British English. If you use American English you will lose points on quizzes. Some quizzes do not grade correctly even when giving the correct answer."
"I am a 32 y/o journalist who needed this course for a visa. As someone with extensive teaching experience I heartily recommend this to anyone wishing to start a career in ESL. The course is clear, provides worked examples and reasoning and provides you with the information to actually understand the reason for questions asked and how to complete them. Definitely better than a CELTA! See you all in China!"
"My friend and I are on our i-to-i.com Cambodia Adventure trip which is a 21 day trip in Cambodia. It includes sightseeing in Phnom Penh, Siem Reap, a 5 day placement in a school teaching English, the online 100 hour TEFL course and 6 days at the beach. Firstly, we arrived to find there is someone else on the trip who is on this trip but didn't have to do the TEFL 100 hour online course or get a police clearance which we had to do. Secondly, STEP 2 of the unprofessionalism of this organisation was the actual teaching experience in itself. As I had booked this trip through i-to-i.com which specialises in TEFL courses, I expected an amazing, PROFESSIONAL 5 day placement in a public school where I would be surrounded by experienced teachers and be teaching a class with a regular teacher – gaining experience from the teacher and teaching the course syllabus applicable to the students at the stage of the syllabus they were at, at the time we are in that school for our placement. I was sorely disappointed. What we got instead was placement in a 2 room after school programme run by a guy whose English was so bad that he couldn’t even communicate with us. The students in the school went to normal schools during the day and in the afternoons, from 3-6pm came to this after school programme for English lessons. There were absolutely no resources OR ANY other TEACHERS here during the days we were there. We weren’t even provided with a course book. We were just told – teach them whatever you want. Not even told what level the students were, what they knew or didn’t know, what they were learning the week before. No information. Just, assigned classes (by ourselves with no other teacher there) and told to just teach them whatever we wanted. This is not what I had expected. The whole POINT of doing this trip was to have guidance from the teachers already doing this job and gaining confidence in teaching a class. Not just chucked into a room full of kids with no information what so ever and told to teach them. It was seriously, a cowboy set up. Four afternoons we went to this school and basically, ended up teaching the same stuff as we were told not to introduce anything new and just repeat. This itself was fine but since it was a cowboy operation, the students levels were all varied and it was hard to determine who was learning anything new, anything at all or even if they were interested in learning in some cases. And if all this wasn’t bad enough, we were expecting a 5 day placement. But the Friday happened to be on the Chinese New Year and thus, the school was closed so we only got a 4 day placement. So day 5 was just being stuck in this little village, with absolutely nothing to do. Again, that is not a problem. But surely, if this was a PROFESSIONAL organisation, they should have known that it was Chinese New Year’s so most likely schools would be closed and factored that into the itinerary. I got the impression that there had been no due diligence down by i-to-i.com in relation to the entire experience. The only thing this experience gave me was clarity that teaching in SE Asia is a horror. And not something I would do EVER again. The worse thing is that we paid so much money for this experience. Whereas talking to other people in the country, I discovered that I could have actually come to Cambodia as I had planned, gone to a school and they would have happily welcomed us and would have loved for us to spend time in their schools and teach – WITHOUT having to PAY for the experience and/or doing the TEFL course. I met someone who was doing EXACTLY that. I am TOTALLY UNIMPRESSED WITH THIS ENTIRE TRIP FROM THE START TO THE FINISH. The 5 days of teaching felt like a waste of our time. I don’t feel as if the students got anything out of it apart from being interrupted from their usual learning and we definitely did not get anything out of it apart from an aversion to teaching. 6 days at the beach is incredibly long. There is not much to do here and just feels like the company is padding out the tour to fleece clients. This trip is definitely NOT worth the money that we paid for it. So overall, this trip is badly organised, and terrible quality. I will definitely not be recommending the trip or your organisation to ANYONE. I feel I have wasted 2 weeks of my life in the village and in Sihanoukville doing nothing productive."
"I expected examples of lesson plans rather than information gathered from internet on how to start. New teacher usually don't have many ideas on how to create an effective lesson therefore that would help more."
"I have done several courses with I-to-I, Teaching Business English, Teaching English Online and 120hr TEFL/TESOL. I have found all of them very beneficial and extremely helpful. The staff are extremely supportive and the Tutor feed back is excellent. If you plan to teach Online, I recommend you do the Online course, as this opened my eyes as to what is out there with regard to the internet, i.e. blogs, hangouts etc.. The Course is full of useful resources and gives you, as a potential teacher, a great insight. The same applies for the Business English Course, they have helped me immensely, I am very pleased I completed them."
"Fast and correct service and communication both online as over the phone. The certificate is very useful to find jobs abroad and after graduation they stay in touch and offer you internships and vacancies."
"You can read all the emails I have written in, basically I have been told a bunch of lies by Petar the guy who signed me just to get his commission. If the issues around resolved I will be requesting my money back."
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.58 based on 2,696 reviews