i-to-i TEFL Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend i-to-i TEFL

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy

customer service
"I am extremely disgruntled at the fact that once a course has been completed and passed, I can't access the course contents again. So much money is paid for the course and I feel that as students we should be allowed to access completed course content to assist with assessments and lesson planning."
"The course is acceptable and satisfactory but the length of time is probably too short. Perhaps IELTS course for the exam should be 12 weeks. Spend more time in developing the writing skills for academic purposes for those students who are going to study abroad in an English speaking Nation. Practice more speaking to develop competency if they wish to migrate also for perminant residency status."
Hi Carl,

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. I'm sorry to hear that you feel the access to the course should be longer. I have passed this on to the correct team so thank you for the feedback.

Good luck in your TEFL career!
Best wishes,
Victoria
Customer Support Team
"This course is definitely worth the price. It was well laid-out and very informative. There were a few things that could be improved but overall I would recommend doing it."
Hi Michelle,
Thank you for your review!
I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your course, but I am sorry that a few things could use improvement.
We are always looking to improve, so please get in touch with any suggestions and I will pass them on to the relevant departments.
Best wishes,
Customer Support Team
"This course was excellent and informative. The reason I gave it a 3 is because the final assignment template does not seem to be supported by all computers and I ended up having to use excel spreadsheet to do my lesson plan. This made uploading my assignment almost impossible."
Hi Mmasedikwe,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear that you were having problems submitting your work.
With excel documents, it can change the template and make the format difficult to read, or skip parts. This is why we suggest using word or PDFs.
Support team
"Soon after applying for a TEFL course with i -to- i, I thought I will be enrolled immidiately only to find out my login details will be sent days later. I was so dissapointed"
Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback. I can see that your log in details where sent over to you the day after you booked onto the course. Please let me know if you need any further help with the course or if you have any questions, you can email us at customersupport@i-to-i.com or give us a ring on +441132054602, we are happy to help!

Customer Support Team
"Completed the 140 hour course with the classroom weekend. Course content is very good. Classroom weekend was excellent; very informative. The service is let down by some elements that feel designed to squeeze money out of customers rather than offer the best customer experience possible. The 70 days time limit to complete the course after activation I cant see has a purpose other than to create revenue from customers needing to purchase expensive extension periods (15 days is $40, 30 days is $70, and so on). As an online platform, I can't imagine there's a cost to allowing customers to complete the course in whatever time frame they want, and probably adding a time limit would've been *additional* code and development time to begin with. The classroom session booking has a very expensive rescheduling fee if rescheduling within 30 days of the date, for what is I expect only a few clicks of a mouse. On top of this, the only reminder email is sent 10 days before the session. Again this feels like a set up designed to extract money from a section of customers, where I feel a company with it's customers experience as it's primary focus would notify customers before the window in which the very high fee would apply. When raising my unhappiness with this set up, the customer service operative retreated to the defense that it was in the terms and conditions, which did nothing to address the grievance. Not an example of great customer service."
Hi,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear that you have not been happy with our service.
I have tried to call you and have also sent an email.
Please get in touch when it is convenient for you.
Support Team
"Hi I have just completed the 120 hours and the 30 hour grammar course. I was a bit disheartened about the platform that is available for the amount of money it costs. It is not very user friendly and there is not any tutor help when needed. The information within the course should be the students once they have paid for it not removed once the student has completed the course. One can close off the assessment, but there was so many sites that I would have like to look up in detail but is removed once I completed the course. Also why was the grammar lesson plan not graded? The tutors that grade the lessons are they qualified. If so what is their qualification? I need to know that if I pursue this teaching adventure, am I prepared enough. Thank You Elizabeth Mulligan"
Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear this.
We welcome all feedback, and will pass it on to the relevant departments.
Thank you for taking my call, and please let me know if you need anything further.
Customer support team
"v good.liked it.interesting course."
Hi there,

Thank you for your review!

I am glad to hear that you found the course informative.

We wish you look in your new TEFL career!

Support team
"The 120 Hour Course was, well, challenging. No math, chemistry or 2nd additional language. Instead, a lot of READING. I like to read, albeit this course caused me to question what I like. It sharpened my discipline and patience. I honestly believe I'm better off because of it. And - if I passed - I'll be qualified to teach English anywhere in the world English is uh, not understood? Overall, it was a good experience!"
Hi Kenan,

Thanks for your feedback. I wish you all the best with your TEFL career!

Thanks,
Customer Support Team
"It is a good course which is basically teaching you how to teach adults with maybe a few teenagers. I have a problem with one of the quizzes that was given, cultural clashes, I was not prepared for the quiz at all and you are basically guessing in the quiz. The quiz was differring the culture of korean,chinese, kyrgz, and arabic."
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry to hear you did not feel prepared for the quiz.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of the course and I would like to wish you good luck with your TEFL career.

Best wishes
TEFL Support Team
"Too long and questions are way too confusing"
Thank you for your review and feedback, sorry to hear you found the course questions confusing.

If I can assist you anyway please let me know.

Best wishes
Customer Support Team
"I suppose that there are a lot of reading trainings. For me would be better to get more videos."
Hi Helena,
Thank you for your review!
I am sorry that there were not enough videos throughout the course. I will pass your feedback to our academic team, as they are always trying to improve the course as much as possible.
Rachel
"decent enough but not so good for understanding I didn't realise I had to do this test now I need an extension"
"Goodday, my Name is TARRYN August, i love tefl cause ive learned so much over these few pass months, its a great oppurtunity to go and teach abroad, in the fact that is a life changing and exciting,and once in a lifetime oppurtunity. IM most greatfull for this course. Thank you"
Hi Tarryn,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the course! I wish you all the best with your new adventures.

Best Wishes
Customer Support Team
"I liked the course. However, trying to contact someone is near impossible. On top of that I paid for express marking. Did I get it? No."
"I've just finished the i-to-i 120-h online TEFL course. Here are my thoughts: PROS: Interesting and useful resources provided throughout the course. Platform is really user-friendly and easy to navigate around. Some useful quick and straightforward tips on how to teach English. Important concepts are reviewed and reinforced throughout the modules. CONS: I would have given more than three stars had it not been because of the course quizzes/tests. I found many of the questions in the quizzes/tests unclear, ambiguous or open to different interpretations. For example, in one of the tests we had to match the type of the class (General English, Business English, Academic English) with the type of writing activities (letter, email, report.) However, you didn’t specify what type of letter it was, business or informal. So when I matched 'letter' with 'General English', I got marked down because you said the answer was ‘Business English’. But you didn't tell me you meant BUSINESS letter, not a letter for a friend, which I thought it was, and which would mean the answer is General English. The same goes with ‘report’. I thought you meant a laboratory/research report, so I answered Academic English, but I got marked down because it turned out to be a business report, so Business English was the correct answer. But how could I have known if you just said ‘report’ or ‘letter’? Ambiguous. Moreover, in one of the tests I matched ‘Teacher talk time’ with ‘the time when the teacher speaks’ and got marked down. Well, teacher talk time IS when the teacher speaks. What else could it be? That’s what you said in the materials. The correct answer in the answer key turned out to be something completely irrelevant. So I guess you've got the correct answers mixed up in your answer key. CONCLUSION: Good course contents. Poor assessments."
"This course gave me a lot of practical ideas that would be very useful in the classroom, though the 120 hour course that I took did not provide constant feedback from a teacher. The only feedback is at the very end, when I turned in my final lesson plan."
"The course is completely based on solo learning via the computer - no support from a tutor! The course material is reasonable and good for most, especially (I would think) for those with little or no experience, as it really puts a lot of emphasis on planning and teaching styles - which is very relevant. I think, though, that more examples in the form of video clips or comments on on-line material would have been beneficial for understanding of what was actually meant in the material. Personally, I often got that understanding from my vast experience, more than from the course that actually often did not match what my experience tells me is right. I found this annoying and confusing, but a novice might not notice (he/she will later learn it the hard way from doing classes, though). Overall, the course material was good, and the online references plenty and at times almost overwhelming; (such un-commented "dishing out of links" is actually in itself bad teaching, though, which I don't hope any student will pick up for personal use in class!) The downfall was the multiple-choices tests. They had too many questions (more than 10%) that were ambiguous and could be misunderstood, because the reference was poorly explained, or they were even plain meaningless when you took more experience and knowledge into account than what precisely was covered in the course material, and not an iota outside it. Even the final test was flawed with such bad questions for such a test. Those bad questions generally took up about half of the margin for errors that the students have for making errors, in reality significantly increasing the demands for perfection in the course material in order to pass the various tests. Maybe that's relevant, but it is not a genuine way of achieving such an intent. However, the final task about making a detailed, personal work for evaluation (by a HUMAN) was relevant and delightfully realistic, and the feedback from a tutor (although it really was too late...) was valuable and inspiring, probably especially for someone who did not pass first time."
HI Mogens, thanks so much for giving us such detailed feedback on the course, we will definitely use your comments when reviewing improvements. We do have an academic team here in the office to support our students but perhaps you didn't need to use it?
Alexa
Academic Head
"I am enjoying this course and learning a lot, I appreciate the fact that they are very detailed and give links to sites, PDF files to keep with the same or more information. However, I am disappointed in how unspecific some of the questions in the tests are. Overall I am happy and look forward to continuing."
Hello

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy you are enjoying the course and you are finding it informative. We appreciate every kind of feedback and we are sorry you have found some of the questions unspecific in the tests. If you could please send us an email with the particular questions I will look into them.
Good luck with the rest of the course.
Alexa
Academic Head
"it is teaching me about how to teach english to others."
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.59 based on 2,962 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access