i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

tefl@i-to-i.com

Suite 2, Chantry House
Victoria Road

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
I would have liked the course more if it was interactive through "zoom" or "skype" lead by special trainers and attended by other teachers to get more information and to share experiences, ideas, and techniques used in different countries with different levels.
Reading for me the whole time was a little bit boring because I am a Kinaesthetic learner, as you have mentioned in this course that teaching should include different styles according to learners this also applies on trainers or course providers.
In addition to that I have sent an email before about a problem and I haven't got any response, so try to help us by responding to the emails.
Thanks,
Hi there, thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I'm really sorry that you have tried to contact us and haven't heard back. We do come back as quickly as we can but if you still haven't heard from us please get in touch through the chat on our website and we'll be happy to help you straight away.
We're constantly making improvements to our online courses and your comments here are really appreciated. We're busy filming more content for our courses and working on other inclusions for all learning styles as we speak.
Thanks again,
Jo.
Customer Support Team
A good course giving an overview of the information you'll need to teach English classes. It has plenty of useful links and information.
It is, however, a bit expensive for what it is (I did the 500 hour) and their communication about the 20 hour weekend's relocation was lacking. I was also "allowed" to forget about it for many months, having to do it near the end of the time period: I would have personally appreciated a reminder email every other month or so.
On the flip side, I was very impressed with the speed of the assignment turn-around. They allow up to seven days, but each time took three. One re-try assignment was even returned next day! Their longer contact hours were also very much appreciated.
Hi Rowan,
Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear you enjoyed the course and also that you were impressed with the speed of our assignment marking. We do our very best to get assignments marked as quickly as we can because we know it is so important.
I'm sorry that we haven't been able to run your 20 hour practical course yet becuase of COVID-19 and that you're unhappy with our communications. As soon as we are able to run these sessions we'll be back in touch to get you on a suitable date. It's a great course and I'm confident you'll consider it good value when you have fully completed your 200 hour Combined qualification.
Customer Support Team
Simply put, I expected better. As educators we learn early on about the different modes of learning that educators normally strive to use (visual, auditory, etc.) and I would have liked to see a more varied approach to learning this topic. It was very disappointing to ONLY have a long written lesson through which to read. It was tedious and dull. It would have been nice to have at least a video lesson here and there.
While the periodic quizzes are a handy tool to determine if I'm getting the concepts as I go, a more interactive approach to the learning in general would have been more effective, in my opinion.
Also, this was listed as a 60-Hour course and had a higher price than your so-called 30-Hour courses, yet I was able to finish it in far less than the stated time. I now wonder how the 30 hour courses with the same title, and for a much lower price, on other sites would have been in comparison. I don't see what those other courses could have omitted, since this course was nothing more than a breakdown of each part of the IELTS exam into it's parts.
In retrospect, I wish I had chosen the 30 hour IELTS course from another provider for only $29, as I'm sure I would have received the same material.
Before I try another of your Specialty courses, I'll try one from Premier TEFL to determine whether this was actually a good deal or not.
Hi Julianne,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our IELTS couse. I'm sorry to read that you were disappointed with the content. We're constantly working through our courses to improve and add interaction as technology advances and will continue to do so.
The 60 hours is based on the average time we'd expect someone to work through the course and because there is a lot of content to work through it has the higher qualification level of 60 hours.
We're confident you will enjoy our other specialist courses and if you would like to talk with us about taking another one with us then please contact us on customersupport@i-to-i.com.
Customer Support Team.
Planning the lesson ,lesson content,making it in the classroom
The course has been great but there wasn’t any support around the fact I had to have emergency and quite major operations. I got given a ‘two day extension’ which is not in the slightest bit helpful.
Hi there,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about our course and great to hear you enjoyed it. I hope you are feeling better after your operations. I'm really sorry that you didn't feel supported by us during this time. if you do need extra time please let us know at customersupport@i-to-i.com and we'll do our best to help you.
Customer Support Team
The course content is great.

The user interface is awful.
Hi Laura,
Thanks for taking the time to give a review of our course. It's great to hear you enjoyed the content but disappointing to hear you did not like the user experience, We're always trying to improve what we do so if you have any specific comments please send them through to customersupport@i-to-i.com so that we can continue to improve the course.
Customer Support Team.
A great intensive course. Very well structured

Just 2 drawbacks
1) Does not help with job placement
2) Does not allow one to keep the notes for future reference
Hi Mu,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I just wanted to come back to you on your points above:
1) We have a jobs placement service under our sister brand https://lovetefljobs.com so please check that out and send any questions you have through to us
2) Once your course has expired you do lose access but if you want to re-access to get notes we can certainly do this. Please just contact us on customersupport@i-to-i.com and we'll be able to help you with that.
Sorry we didn't make these areas clearer to you as you worked through the course. We'll work on that to make sure other people know and thanks for your comments.
Jo.
Customer Support Team.
Even if your a native don’t buy the level 5, it’s no comparison to a celta when applying for jobs. The employers see your qualification as either a TEFL or Celta , black and white.
I feel this was deceptive when I purchased it.
I had issues with uploads of my work and had a good experience with the Leeds staff with my technical issues , thank you .
However I had a few questions about one of the assignments, I was incredibly poorly at the time and told them I was doing it with a fever on meds but was met with a bad attitude from the tutor and instead of answering my questions I had passive aggressive responses . This really made the company look poor and unhelpful, considering the 350pounds I had paid and the extra 7 pounds fast grading each time it was sent off.
I added an online teaching course to the end o of the 240hour tefl I purchased, this was excellent and I actually got a lot out of this , the tutors were helpful and the course thought what you need to be able to tech on line .
You gain so much information from the courses it’s a shame it disappears as soon as it’s completed, if I had known this I would have printed it off for future reference.
To sum up , I think the level 5 tefl being marketed as a celta equivalent is totally misleading and the tutors for this part of the course are incredibly rude and unhelpful. However the rest of the staff were helpful and kind.
I would only recommend this provider as it is an ofqual accredited course but for no other reason as I feel I was miss sold to now I am applying for jobs and a level 5 is not recognised.
Hi Lucy,
Thanks for your review, it’s great to hear that you enjoyed the course and found the content helpful. If you do want to log back in to access some of the content from your course now that you have finished it please just let us know. We can give you extra access if you didn’t manage to print things off before your time ran out. We'll also investigate what happened with your tutor as we pride ourselves on being helpful.
Our Level 5 courses are the same difficulty level as a CELTA course so they are an equivalent qualification. However, they are not the same courses and there’s no replacement for the practical experience you get in a CELTA through teaching non-native English speakers. Our Combined courses offer some practical experience but if you are looking for a high-end position or one in an English-speaking country you’ll be asked for a CELTA or higher qualification which includes significant assessed teaching to non-native English speakers. We’re sorry this was not clear for you; this is a Level 5 Ofqual registered course and should be recognised as such unless the employer is looking specifically for the teaching experience that our course doesn’t include.
Please drop us an email at customersupport@i-to-i.com if you would like to re-access your course.
Customer Support Team
The 2 day class should be before the 120 hours online; I feel it would be more beneficial to see current real-world ESL practices by learning from the teacher. Ms. Allen, in Atlanta provided us great instruction; very specific to doing well.
Hi Tanya,

Thank you for your review and feedback.

The classroom course can be taken at any time, prior, during and after your online training.

Glad to hear you enjoyed the class in Atlanta and learnt lots from it.

Good luck with your TEFL career

Customer Support Team
The assessment to get the certificate is very difficult.
Hi Natasha,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We're really sorry to hear you are having difficulty with your assessments. We have academic support available to help you so please call us and we'll be able to talk you through the areas you are finding hard.

Customer Support Team
The practical classroom weekend was a good asset in my course.
What could be better is to have a certificate where it is stated more clearly how many classroom hours you did, since employers focus on your practical hours of experience.
Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the practical weekend course! All our certificates are produced by our regulators Gatehouse Awards, and state the full amount of ours that you have completed on the front, with each of your modules highlighted underneath. If your employer specifically needs to see that you have done 20 hours of practical teaching we can provide you with a letter, you can request this by giving us an email on customersupport@i-to-i.com.

I wish you all the best with your TEFL career and please get in touch if you need anything further! :)

Best Wishes
Customer Support Team
Jeff was a fantastic lecturer/facilitator but I feel a bit short changed as the second day ended by 4pm. We did not get to go through course books and there were a few of us that had said on the first day we would like some information on teaching on-line which didn't happen so I would like that still to be explained to me.
Hi there,

Thank you for your review and concerns.

We've been alerted that this course did not run as scheduled and are taking action to ensure everyone receives any information that may have been missed out.

I'm sorry the course didn't run as planned, please contact on us 0113 2054602 if you have not yet hear from us.

TEFL Support Team
You can learn a lot from it.
Thank you for taking the time to review the course!

Customer Support Team
Overall, the certification was okay. I did the 240 hour level 5 certificate, and most of it was common sense stuff: don't single out students, use positive reinforcement, etc. The lesson plan homework assignments were helpful; however, most of the critiques seemed to be more picky (the rationale not meeting the 700-1000 word requirement) instead of being substantial. I don't know if that means that there was nothing substantial wrong or if it was an easy pass system. At least the positive remarks made on the homework assignments seemed specific, so I at least know that they looked at it.

Basically, if you're looking for an easy pass certificate, I think you'll find it here. However, if you take your time with the course and the assignments, I think you learn a lot and are more well prepared for teaching. At least it'll get you into the mindset for teaching. You get out of it whatever you put into it. Not the greatest thing ever, but not bad.
Hi S,

We appreciate your feedback on the course, we would love to hear more about what you think, please give us an email on customersupport@i-to-i.com :).

Best Wishes
Customer Support
I'm not sure but I hope it will be great ...
Thank you for your review and good luck with your training!

TEFL Support Team
Overall I found the course to be well structured and easy to follow. The Level 3 120-hour course is actually very easy and I completed it within 2-weeks doing a few hours each day. The course is in three-parts: planning a lesson, lesson content, and making it work in the classroom. Only part-two on lesson content actually deals with English grammar which is a shame as I would have thought a TEFL course would focus more on this aspect of teaching English.

Everything else in the course is useful but not academically challenging and is quite easy to learn. The course is assessed by multiple choice quizzes (that you have 3 attempts to pass - very easy to pass first time if you take notes and do the practice quizzes), and then the final assessment is a lesson plan and essay. The final assessment is again easy to pass if you've understood the course and read through all the example plans they provide you with. I did like how a tutor reads through your work and there is a good turnaround of 7 days to get your result.

Customer service has been great with i-to-i and I've spoken to them over chat and over the phone. The only reason why I haven't given this course higher is because the price for the TEFL course fluctuates all the time. To be honest, the courses always seem to be on "sale," so I would book the course when it is 50-60% discounted. Also, one thing I didn't like was that a printed certificate costs £29.95 (and more if you live overseas due to delivery fees). Visa regulations change all the time and most countries in Asia seem to require a hardcopy certificate so you should budget in the cost of a hardcopy certificate before signing up for the course.
Hi there,

Thank you for the review!

It's great to hear that you have enjoyed the course.

I can understand it is frustrating when the price changes, but we do have different offers on at different times of the year.

We take on board all feedback, and I will pass this on to the relevant department.

Good luck in your TEFL career!

Rachel
Customer Support Team
Not bad. Convenient to study and use. Hope it would be better.
Hi Yahui,

Thank you for your review.

We are always looking at ways to improve the course and any feedback you have is important to us. Please email your suggestions to customersupport@i-to-i.com.

Good luck with your TEFL career

Jill
Excellent information provided, but payment platform is faulty.
Kept giving same error.
After ignoring the error replying YES to continue for each number of the OTP.
Hi Christie,

Thanks for your feedback. I will make sure to pass this onto the correct team!

I hope you enjoy the course :)

Customer Support Team
I am extremely disgruntled at the fact that once a course has been completed and passed, I can't access the course contents again. So much money is paid for the course and I feel that as students we should be allowed to access completed course content to assist with assessments and lesson planning.
The course is acceptable and satisfactory but the length of time is probably too short. Perhaps IELTS course for the exam should be 12 weeks. Spend more time in developing the writing skills for academic purposes for those students who are going to study abroad in an English speaking Nation. Practice more speaking to develop competency if they wish to migrate also for perminant residency status.
Hi Carl,

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. I'm sorry to hear that you feel the access to the course should be longer. I have passed this on to the correct team so thank you for the feedback.

Good luck in your TEFL career!
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.64 based on 4,268 reviews