i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

georgie.smith@i-to-i.com

Suite 2
Chantry House

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
I'm not sure but I hope it will be great ...
Thank you for your review and good luck with your training!

TEFL Support Team
Overall I found the course to be well structured and easy to follow. The Level 3 120-hour course is actually very easy and I completed it within 2-weeks doing a few hours each day. The course is in three-parts: planning a lesson, lesson content, and making it work in the classroom. Only part-two on lesson content actually deals with English grammar which is a shame as I would have thought a TEFL course would focus more on this aspect of teaching English. Everything else in the course is useful but not academically challenging and is quite easy to learn. The course is assessed by multiple choice quizzes (that you have 3 attempts to pass - very easy to pass first time if you take notes and do the practice quizzes), and then the final assessment is a lesson plan and essay. The final assessment is again easy to pass if you've understood the course and read through all the example plans they provide you with. I did like how a tutor reads through your work and there is a good turnaround of 7 days to get your result. Customer service has been great with i-to-i and I've spoken to them over chat and over the phone. The only reason why I haven't given this course higher is because the price for the TEFL course fluctuates all the time. To be honest, the courses always seem to be on "sale," so I would book the course when it is 50-60% discounted. Also, one thing I didn't like was that a printed certificate costs £29.95 (and more if you live overseas due to delivery fees). Visa regulations change all the time and most countries in Asia seem to require a hardcopy certificate so you should budget in the cost of a hardcopy certificate before signing up for the course.
Hi there,

Thank you for the review!

It's great to hear that you have enjoyed the course.

I can understand it is frustrating when the price changes, but we do have different offers on at different times of the year.

We take on board all feedback, and I will pass this on to the relevant department.

Good luck in your TEFL career!

Rachel
Customer Support Team
Not bad. Convenient to study and use. Hope it would be better.
Hi Yahui,

Thank you for your review.

We are always looking at ways to improve the course and any feedback you have is important to us. Please email your suggestions to customersupport@i-to-i.com.

Good luck with your TEFL career

Jill
Excellent information provided, but payment platform is faulty. Kept giving same error. After ignoring the error replying YES to continue for each number of the OTP.
Hi Christie,

Thanks for your feedback. I will make sure to pass this onto the correct team!

I hope you enjoy the course :)

Customer Support Team
I am extremely disgruntled at the fact that once a course has been completed and passed, I can't access the course contents again. So much money is paid for the course and I feel that as students we should be allowed to access completed course content to assist with assessments and lesson planning.
The course is acceptable and satisfactory but the length of time is probably too short. Perhaps IELTS course for the exam should be 12 weeks. Spend more time in developing the writing skills for academic purposes for those students who are going to study abroad in an English speaking Nation. Practice more speaking to develop competency if they wish to migrate also for perminant residency status.
Hi Carl,

Thank you for taking the time to review the course. I'm sorry to hear that you feel the access to the course should be longer. I have passed this on to the correct team so thank you for the feedback.

Good luck in your TEFL career!
Victoria
Customer Support Team
This course is definitely worth the price. It was well laid-out and very informative. There were a few things that could be improved but overall I would recommend doing it.
Hi Michelle,
Thank you for your review!
I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your course, but I am sorry that a few things could use improvement.
We are always looking to improve, so please get in touch with any suggestions and I will pass them on to the relevant departments.
Customer Support Team
This course was excellent and informative. The reason I gave it a 3 is because the final assignment template does not seem to be supported by all computers and I ended up having to use excel spreadsheet to do my lesson plan. This made uploading my assignment almost impossible.
Hi Mmasedikwe,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear that you were having problems submitting your work.
With excel documents, it can change the template and make the format difficult to read, or skip parts. This is why we suggest using word or PDFs.
Support team
Soon after applying for a TEFL course with i -to- i, I thought I will be enrolled immidiately only to find out my login details will be sent days later. I was so dissapointed
Hi There,

Thanks for your feedback. I can see that your log in details where sent over to you the day after you booked onto the course. Please let me know if you need any further help with the course or if you have any questions, you can email us at customersupport@i-to-i.com or give us a ring on +441132054602, we are happy to help!

Customer Support Team
Completed the 140 hour course with the classroom weekend. Course content is very good. Classroom weekend was excellent; very informative. The service is let down by some elements that feel designed to squeeze money out of customers rather than offer the best customer experience possible. The 70 days time limit to complete the course after activation I cant see has a purpose other than to create revenue from customers needing to purchase expensive extension periods (15 days is $40, 30 days is $70, and so on). As an online platform, I can't imagine there's a cost to allowing customers to complete the course in whatever time frame they want, and probably adding a time limit would've been *additional* code and development time to begin with. The classroom session booking has a very expensive rescheduling fee if rescheduling within 30 days of the date, for what is I expect only a few clicks of a mouse. On top of this, the only reminder email is sent 10 days before the session. Again this feels like a set up designed to extract money from a section of customers, where I feel a company with it's customers experience as it's primary focus would notify customers before the window in which the very high fee would apply. When raising my unhappiness with this set up, the customer service operative retreated to the defense that it was in the terms and conditions, which did nothing to address the grievance. Not an example of great customer service.
Hi,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear that you have not been happy with our service.
I have tried to call you and have also sent an email.
Please get in touch when it is convenient for you.
Support Team
Hi I have just completed the 120 hours and the 30 hour grammar course. I was a bit disheartened about the platform that is available for the amount of money it costs. It is not very user friendly and there is not any tutor help when needed. The information within the course should be the students once they have paid for it not removed once the student has completed the course. One can close off the assessment, but there was so many sites that I would have like to look up in detail but is removed once I completed the course. Also why was the grammar lesson plan not graded? The tutors that grade the lessons are they qualified. If so what is their qualification? I need to know that if I pursue this teaching adventure, am I prepared enough. Thank You Elizabeth Mulligan
Hi Elizabeth,
Thank you for your review.
I am sorry to hear this.
We welcome all feedback, and will pass it on to the relevant departments.
Thank you for taking my call, and please let me know if you need anything further.
Customer support team
v good.liked it.interesting course.
Hi there,

Thank you for your review!

I am glad to hear that you found the course informative.

We wish you look in your new TEFL career!

Support team
The 120 Hour Course was, well, challenging. No math, chemistry or 2nd additional language. Instead, a lot of READING. I like to read, albeit this course caused me to question what I like. It sharpened my discipline and patience. I honestly believe I'm better off because of it. And - if I passed - I'll be qualified to teach English anywhere in the world English is uh, not understood? Overall, it was a good experience!
Hi Kenan,

Thanks for your feedback. I wish you all the best with your TEFL career!

Thanks,
Customer Support Team
It is a good course which is basically teaching you how to teach adults with maybe a few teenagers. I have a problem with one of the quizzes that was given, cultural clashes, I was not prepared for the quiz at all and you are basically guessing in the quiz. The quiz was differring the culture of korean,chinese, kyrgz, and arabic.
Hi,

Thank you for your feedback and we're sorry to hear you did not feel prepared for the quiz.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of the course and I would like to wish you good luck with your TEFL career.

TEFL Support Team
Too long and questions are way too confusing
Thank you for your review and feedback, sorry to hear you found the course questions confusing.

If I can assist you anyway please let me know.

Customer Support Team
I suppose that there are a lot of reading trainings. For me would be better to get more videos.
Hi Helena,
Thank you for your review!
I am sorry that there were not enough videos throughout the course. I will pass your feedback to our academic team, as they are always trying to improve the course as much as possible.
Rachel
decent enough but not so good for understanding I didn't realise I had to do this test now I need an extension
Goodday, my Name is TARRYN August, i love tefl cause ive learned so much over these few pass months, its a great oppurtunity to go and teach abroad, in the fact that is a life changing and exciting,and once in a lifetime oppurtunity. IM most greatfull for this course. Thank you
Hi Tarryn,

Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you enjoyed the course! I wish you all the best with your new adventures.

Best Wishes
Customer Support Team
I liked the course. However, trying to contact someone is near impossible. On top of that I paid for express marking. Did I get it? No.
I've just finished the i-to-i 120-h online TEFL course. Here are my thoughts: PROS: Interesting and useful resources provided throughout the course. Platform is really user-friendly and easy to navigate around. Some useful quick and straightforward tips on how to teach English. Important concepts are reviewed and reinforced throughout the modules. CONS: I would have given more than three stars had it not been because of the course quizzes/tests. I found many of the questions in the quizzes/tests unclear, ambiguous or open to different interpretations. For example, in one of the tests we had to match the type of the class (General English, Business English, Academic English) with the type of writing activities (letter, email, report.) However, you didn’t specify what type of letter it was, business or informal. So when I matched 'letter' with 'General English', I got marked down because you said the answer was ‘Business English’. But you didn't tell me you meant BUSINESS letter, not a letter for a friend, which I thought it was, and which would mean the answer is General English. The same goes with ‘report’. I thought you meant a laboratory/research report, so I answered Academic English, but I got marked down because it turned out to be a business report, so Business English was the correct answer. But how could I have known if you just said ‘report’ or ‘letter’? Ambiguous. Moreover, in one of the tests I matched ‘Teacher talk time’ with ‘the time when the teacher speaks’ and got marked down. Well, teacher talk time IS when the teacher speaks. What else could it be? That’s what you said in the materials. The correct answer in the answer key turned out to be something completely irrelevant. So I guess you've got the correct answers mixed up in your answer key. CONCLUSION: Good course contents. Poor assessments.
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.60 based on 3,192 reviews