i-to-i TEFL Reviews

92% of reviewers recommend i-to-i TEFL

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy

customer service
"I am totally saddened by this a whole saga towards the end of my course. I went online to ask simple questions, and even though the agent spelt terribly, I did not judge, but somehow did not answer my direct question. When I called I got told I called her "stupid" of which all I said was if she was serious on guiding me to submit my online assessment which she kept saying submitting work. Click on it. At no point did I call anyone stupid."
Hi,
Thank you for your review.
Please accept our apology for your experience yesterday.
The matter has been looked into and necessary measures of training has been conducted.
Once again please accept my apology for the misunderstanding.
Jill
Customer Support Team Leader
"It doesn't cover practical grammar as ESL student really need for instance no mention of transitive/intransitive/ambitransitive verbs. It doesn't cover stative verbs- a problem area at a school that I taught at. It should more practically focused not a term matching or put the obvious answer. There is some good content but that is restricted."
Thanks for your feedback, we really value feedback on the content of our courses. I am sorry you didn't feel the content met with your expectations. We have tried to include a range of relevant information about grammar as well as practical ideas to bring it alive in the classroom and write engaging lesson plans. I would be happy to give you a call and discuss it further.
Academic Manager
"More like but learning styles is a bogus concept- learners actually have to be taught in every way possible- they neither know what is effective nor is the way they tend to be learning is representative of how they should be taught. It is a pain to search through the course for the materials that that I want- also the links should all be in one place."
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your feedback. Learning styles are a key part of teaching. This is why we address the different aspects of learning styles in the course. By knowing the learning styles of your learners you can adapt your materials and approaches to appeal to your learners.
The links to extra materials are organised according to subject so you can move smoothly onto supplementary materials.
Academic Manager
"Poorly written modules and terribly written quizzes. This made it very hard to understand what the question was, if it was even a question at all. A lot of the time I felt as though I was guessing the answer, because I didn't understand what I was being asked to do."
Hi, Thank you for your review we really appreciate the feedback we receive. The modules are designed to progress logically and enable you to deepen your knowledge of the theory and practice of TEFL teaching. The quizzes are designed to help you reinforce what you learn and test your knowledge.

Academic Manager
"I am locked out of my course, it expired 3 weeks early. Please help, thank you."
Hi Kate,
Thanks for your message. If you have any problems logging into your course please contact customersupport@i-to-i.com.
"The in class TEFL was brilliant but it is sorely let down by the online portion which makes up most of the course! Its ironic that the course lectures on how to teach students and does so with pages and pages of repetitive text. The site is also very difficult to navigate, for instance if i wanted to look back over tense I wouldn't know where to look... The means of testing are also poor."
"All the ItoI TEFL courses I have done have been first rate! However, the only complaint I have is about the PRINTED CERTIFICATE. The quality is excellent and the certificates are good - but the PRICE!!! Originally 19 pounds, but now an INCREASE To 29 pounds!!!!! This is way too much of a price hike. I would advise you to reconsider this price please."
"So far I haven't fully completed the course but I've finished the first section so I can guess how the next two are going to go. At the end of this I'll have a certificate sure, but the content and quizzes don't match up at all. You ask questions based on ideas that you haven't taught and the only reason I did well was through process of elimination and some common sense. There are some useful things about this course but if you want to quiz me then teach me first."
"I expected examples of lesson plans rather than information gathered from internet on how to start. New teacher usually don't have many ideas on how to create an effective lesson therefore that would help more."
"With the exception of the weekend practical element, the course in general was presented in a very dull and unenlightening manner. The style of testing is not conducive to practical implementation as students are to often tested merely on their ability to memerise large quantities of information rather than on their knowledge of and ability to apply their teaching skills. Overall, I found the course to be useful to the degree that it has provided me with the qualification I need in order to apply to teacher abroad, however in terms of it's content and quality I found it to be rather unenjoyable and unimaginative."
"This a review for i-to-i TEFL 120 hour online course. The course is way over priced. Where is the 120 hours? I completed it and I'm still no better for having done so. It does not give enough information for teaching one on one lessons either, it focus mainly on teaching young children. Everything you need to know you can find in the TEFL for Dummies book."
"I was really impressed with the course and company until I received really poor customer service and a 'not our problem' attitude today regarding an issue with my weekend course. I have emailed a separate complaint about this today and am waiting for a response. Up to this point I would have totally recommended I to I but my opinion has been changed very quickly. A very poor customer experience and being treated like a number rather than an individual. I really think your customer support function needs looking into."
"No help from them!"
"The 120 hr online component was good, although Ifelt that there were certain aspects of the grammar sections that were too analytical and not focused enough on practical function. The practical one week ( i did a combined course), was also helpful. The lecturer was excellent and very positive and friendly. However, she was 8 months pregnant and soon after my course she went on maternity leave. I had to chase the company for three months to get the certificate. The company did not keep me updated on the reasons for the delay. In my emails i was courteous. I wonder if I had simply waited whether i would ever have received the certificate. The impression I got was that the company was underfunded and to much responsibility rested on the shoulders of too few people"
"I did not learn half as much from the course as I expected. I began with a sound understanding of grammar and found that the course is casual with grammar and teaching. I often missed questions on the quiz because of the course's peculiar vocabulary, but rarely because I misunderstood a concept. This frustrated me, but as most quizzes were multiple choice I could typically self correct without further review or learning. The 100 hours of online content took me less than 15 hours to complete; had I more fully immersed myself over a longer time I do not believe I would be any better prepared. I have earned the credential, and that is enough, I guess. I would not recommend the course to anyone who was not certain that the credential would be helpful - and please note that, especially if you have a degree, the course is not necessary to apply to most jobs."
"The intensive weekend was very good, but for the rest of the course I feel that it was deliberately engineered so that students don't finish in time and forced to purchase the course extensions. I had no internet for a month and so missed out on a month of learning but when I had the internet again I studied like a madman and I only managed to finish the 60 hour course and the 'teaching business English' module, I am very doubtful that most people are able to finish the course on time without purchasing extensions, also when I spoke to a woman on your helpline she said I also would not be able to get the original copies of my certificates, luckily for me I had already downloaded the PDF copies. I am very dissatisfied with this and won't be recommending you to anyone else"
"The feedback I received after submitting my work remained the same, word for word, regardless of the changes I had made- which was very frustrating, clearly the person marking was not taking the time necessary to read each submission and just copying and pasting their comments. The threat of 'failing' and not being able to continue a course that I had paid for seemed inherently unfair. Some modules were full of very simple and almost unnecessary information whilst others were far more complex."
"Paid for course but there is an expiry date to the completion and qualification! Sadly the course never went to completion due to i-i TEFL's policy."
"hullow, thank you for asking for this review. there have been many things that this course has done right and should pull the rating up to very good, but there are some things that have pulled the rating down to poor. it is fixable. the good things are that the quizzes are mostly easy to understand. and when I have had contact with a tutor on the phone, once, she was helpful and encouraging. there have also been helpful and encouraging replies to many of my emails, and some tutors have written thoughtful comments on my written assignment efforts. there was the last tutor whom, I felt, initially gave me a trite comment and told me to redo the entire assignment, and her comments and lack of them, gave me the impression that she had not even bothered to actually read what I had written. I was too discouraged after this to do any more to this until a few weeks later, when I used my second chance at passing this assignment as a way of writing to this tutor, telling her that I did not think that she had marked me fairly, and that I was not sure that she had even read what I had written, and could I get another tutor? I got a swift reply which showed a lot more thought and made more sense, though it did not answer all of my questions, nor did it encourage me with any effort that I had put in. I need encouragement. you are the teachers. I am the student. despair as a result of a teaching style is not a good look, and it is not what the course teaches us as a proposed outcome. but despair has been the outcome, none the less. I then wrote a thank you letter to that tutor, but have received no reply. I have also written more emails asking for help and have not had replies. I have paid extra money to extend my time with this course, but no one calls or replies. I feel a very long way away, and I said that in one email, and got a nice reply saying that you are only an email away... and then no further replies were forthcoming. do you want me to write a review to the outside world advising them to spend their money elsewhere? or do you want to live up to your promise of actually teaching? I have not had answers to all of my questions, and I have not had replies to all of my emails. I feel very isolated, and like I have spent my money for nothing. I have gone for long periods of time without even attempting any of the work because of the frustration of feeling like I am talking to a machine. (or a brick wall) and not a human, and no one notices. no one sends an "are you ok?" email and no one has bothered to answer my recent emails. then you want a review! here it is. like I said, it is very fixable. I am not scary, or rude. I am isolated, frightened, feeling completely out of my depth and frustrated. I have lost all confidence in being able to teach English or in being able to finish this course at all, because of the chronic lack of communication. there are good things that have come out of the course, like being better able to communicate with my English as a third language husband, for which I am grateful, and the prompt arrival of the textbook. but I really would like some encouragement and some seriously considered answers to my questions in my previous emails. or do you just want to take my money? I am prepared to tell my Australian government agency that paid for half of this course for me, not to ever pay you again, as you are a scam, if you prefer. there. please talk to me, you asked for a review. please don't be a scam. please be human and talk to me. sincerely, lisa"
"A problem with the 60 hour course: Checkpoint Two. Question 2 The question is based on the PPP teaching method and requires a PPP style answer for a pass. Yet no where ( up to Checkpoint Two ) does any lesson plan mention or even define the PPP method. Thus a serious impasse between you the teacher and me your unfortunate student. How to rectify the problem ?. Over to you."
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.59 based on 2,790 reviews