i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

georgie.smith@i-to-i.com

Suite 2
Chantry House

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
Dear I-to-i TEFL The course I am doing its okay not that easy. Unnecessary information not much examples given. If you guys would of just forward all the information directly out it be so much convenient to study firstly.
Hi There,

Thanks for your review.

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with course. We have a dedicated customer support team that are here to help you get through it. I've sent you over an email with details of how to get in touch with us.

Best Wishes
Amy
Customer Support Team
1. Most lessons give basic terms and examples but follows it up with a quiz that goes beyond terms that have been explained. This forces you to suspend your quiz and first research terms and phrases that have not been covered in the TEFL course. 2. Interface that is supposed to track your progress keeps resetting to zero, does not remember to "continue from last point" and does not allow video playback from any country that has any form of internet censorship. 3. Lastly (but this might not pertain to all), the websites frequently responds with a "time out" error message meaning it takes twice as long to get anything done.
Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you found difficulties with the course. I have sent you over an email to discuss these further.

I wish you all the best with your TEFL career.

Best Wishes,
Amy
Customer Support Team
There were a number of grammar and spelling mistakes in the course and most of the content was redundant.
Hi,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear this.

We are always trying to update the course and make improvements. Please could you send in any examples of grammar or spelling mistakes and we can urgently amend these.

Our email address is customersupport@i-to-i.com.

We wish you luck in your new TEFL career.

Best wishes,
Rachel,
Customer Support
Some of the videos, while have important examples in them, are very difficult to hear even with the computer speaker at 100% volume.
Sorry to hear you've had trouble with the sound quality of the videos.

I would be grateful if you can email me further details and I will look into the videos.

Our address is customersupport@i-to-i.com.

Best wishes
Jill
TEFL Support Team
I recently purchased the 180 hour course and it is not allowing me to enter into the materials. I keep receiving an error message but the platform does not offer ways to correct the situation.
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that you have had problems accessing the course.
Please could you contact us either by email to customersupport@i-to-i.com or call us on 877 526 3959. We can then investigate the problem and resolve this as soon as possible.
Best Wishes,
Rachel,
Support Team
I am totally saddened by this a whole saga towards the end of my course. I went online to ask simple questions, and even though the agent spelt terribly, I did not judge, but somehow did not answer my direct question. When I called I got told I called her "stupid" of which all I said was if she was serious on guiding me to submit my online assessment which she kept saying submitting work. Click on it. At no point did I call anyone stupid.
Hi,
Thank you for your review.
Please accept our apology for your experience yesterday.
The matter has been looked into and necessary measures of training has been conducted.
Once again please accept my apology for the misunderstanding.
Jill
Customer Support Team Leader
It doesn't cover practical grammar as ESL student really need for instance no mention of transitive/intransitive/ambitransitive verbs. It doesn't cover stative verbs- a problem area at a school that I taught at. It should more practically focused not a term matching or put the obvious answer. There is some good content but that is restricted.
Thanks for your feedback, we really value feedback on the content of our courses. I am sorry you didn't feel the content met with your expectations. We have tried to include a range of relevant information about grammar as well as practical ideas to bring it alive in the classroom and write engaging lesson plans. I would be happy to give you a call and discuss it further.
Academic Manager
More like but learning styles is a bogus concept- learners actually have to be taught in every way possible- they neither know what is effective nor is the way they tend to be learning is representative of how they should be taught. It is a pain to search through the course for the materials that that I want- also the links should all be in one place.
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your feedback. Learning styles are a key part of teaching. This is why we address the different aspects of learning styles in the course. By knowing the learning styles of your learners you can adapt your materials and approaches to appeal to your learners.
The links to extra materials are organised according to subject so you can move smoothly onto supplementary materials.
Academic Manager
Poorly written modules and terribly written quizzes. This made it very hard to understand what the question was, if it was even a question at all. A lot of the time I felt as though I was guessing the answer, because I didn't understand what I was being asked to do.
Hi, Thank you for your review we really appreciate the feedback we receive. The modules are designed to progress logically and enable you to deepen your knowledge of the theory and practice of TEFL teaching. The quizzes are designed to help you reinforce what you learn and test your knowledge.

Academic Manager
I am locked out of my course, it expired 3 weeks early. Please help, thank you.
Hi Kate,
Thanks for your message. If you have any problems logging into your course please contact customersupport@i-to-i.com.
The in class TEFL was brilliant but it is sorely let down by the online portion which makes up most of the course! Its ironic that the course lectures on how to teach students and does so with pages and pages of repetitive text. The site is also very difficult to navigate, for instance if i wanted to look back over tense I wouldn't know where to look... The means of testing are also poor.
All the ItoI TEFL courses I have done have been first rate! However, the only complaint I have is about the PRINTED CERTIFICATE. The quality is excellent and the certificates are good - but the PRICE!!! Originally 19 pounds, but now an INCREASE To 29 pounds!!!!! This is way too much of a price hike. I would advise you to reconsider this price please.
So far I haven't fully completed the course but I've finished the first section so I can guess how the next two are going to go. At the end of this I'll have a certificate sure, but the content and quizzes don't match up at all. You ask questions based on ideas that you haven't taught and the only reason I did well was through process of elimination and some common sense. There are some useful things about this course but if you want to quiz me then teach me first.
I expected examples of lesson plans rather than information gathered from internet on how to start. New teacher usually don't have many ideas on how to create an effective lesson therefore that would help more.
With the exception of the weekend practical element, the course in general was presented in a very dull and unenlightening manner. The style of testing is not conducive to practical implementation as students are to often tested merely on their ability to memerise large quantities of information rather than on their knowledge of and ability to apply their teaching skills. Overall, I found the course to be useful to the degree that it has provided me with the qualification I need in order to apply to teacher abroad, however in terms of it's content and quality I found it to be rather unenjoyable and unimaginative.
This a review for i-to-i TEFL 120 hour online course. The course is way over priced. Where is the 120 hours? I completed it and I'm still no better for having done so. It does not give enough information for teaching one on one lessons either, it focus mainly on teaching young children. Everything you need to know you can find in the TEFL for Dummies book.
I was really impressed with the course and company until I received really poor customer service and a 'not our problem' attitude today regarding an issue with my weekend course. I have emailed a separate complaint about this today and am waiting for a response. Up to this point I would have totally recommended I to I but my opinion has been changed very quickly. A very poor customer experience and being treated like a number rather than an individual. I really think your customer support function needs looking into.
No help from them!
The 120 hr online component was good, although Ifelt that there were certain aspects of the grammar sections that were too analytical and not focused enough on practical function. The practical one week ( i did a combined course), was also helpful. The lecturer was excellent and very positive and friendly. However, she was 8 months pregnant and soon after my course she went on maternity leave. I had to chase the company for three months to get the certificate. The company did not keep me updated on the reasons for the delay. In my emails i was courteous. I wonder if I had simply waited whether i would ever have received the certificate. The impression I got was that the company was underfunded and to much responsibility rested on the shoulders of too few people
I did not learn half as much from the course as I expected. I began with a sound understanding of grammar and found that the course is casual with grammar and teaching. I often missed questions on the quiz because of the course's peculiar vocabulary, but rarely because I misunderstood a concept. This frustrated me, but as most quizzes were multiple choice I could typically self correct without further review or learning. The 100 hours of online content took me less than 15 hours to complete; had I more fully immersed myself over a longer time I do not believe I would be any better prepared. I have earned the credential, and that is enough, I guess. I would not recommend the course to anyone who was not certain that the credential would be helpful - and please note that, especially if you have a degree, the course is not necessary to apply to most jobs.
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.60 based on 3,252 reviews