i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

tefl@i-to-i.com

Suite 2, Chantry House
Victoria Road

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
The reason I give it a 2 is because you don,t get access to the other modules linked to your course.
I to I, i have had an issue with them trying to upsell me before, by telling me that the course I chose was useless??? And I needed to by an extended version to teach online

But in addition

I would not recommend taking it. I to I makes it sound like they have tons of jobs waiting for you... however non of the online jobs that I applied to through I to I have really come back to me for an interview. When I applied for an internship in Spain, I got it however they told me I would need to pay a R 15 000 deposit in order to get the participate. I have been searching for online tefl jobs for 6 months now with no luck. I have a bcom degree and a 150h course in tefl.
Hi Danica,
I'm really sorry to hear you haven't managed to secure online teaching work yet. There are plenty of opportunities out there and we have a jobs team here to help advise you. Please contact us on info@lovetefljobs.com and we'll do our best to help you get work.
Bets wishes,
Customer Support Team
All of the information is easily found online. This is just a money-maker for i-to-i - do a simple Google search rather than buy these guides.
Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed with the guides you purchased. You don't mention exactly which guides they were but our eBooks are put together to help you find the right information quickly. I do agree that some of the information included in the guides can be found on the internet. We've used our knowledge and experience to give easy to digest details we know are needed. They also avoid the need to spend hours searching the internet or finding inaccurate information.
if you'd like to speak with us directly about the guides you purchased then please drop us an email at customersupport@i-to-i.com as we'd be happy to discuss things with you further.
Customer Support Team.
Currently study the IELTS coach course, and it's pretty terrible. All the course is teaching me is to re-sit the end of unit tests until I get a better score. There's very little in-depth reading material and I feel the course is not worth its price.
I'm really sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying your IELTS course with us. There is a lot of complex detail covered in this subject but you should still find the course interesting and enjoyable. If you'd like to discuss the course with us further then please call us on 0113 205 4602 or email customersupport@i-to-i.com - we're here to help you.
Did the 260 hour course. Would recommend the 180 course as I would with the 20 hour classroom course. I found these to be very helpful in building a foundation in my TEFL knowledge as a beginner. However, I would advise anyone to stay clear of the 60 hour one-to-one and online course. I found the entire unit basic and seeming to lack any effort into its creation. The assignment was frustrating and the small examples provided throughout the course proved to be no help when receiving feedback. I would advise i-to-i to ask it’s assessors to be more consistent in their feedback as what one individual would accept would not pass with another.
Thanks for your feedback and it's great to hear you enjoyed our 180 hour online and 20 hour classroom courses. The One to One & Online course does have more practical information it is as well as theory, and it has been recently updated. We'll review the course fully to make sure that all information is clear and consistent. Thanks again for letting us know.
The assignments are good and if you do them properly will help you to teach EFL. The course content is okay but there are too many errors, ambiguous questions and answers to quizzes, poor example videos and very poor customer support for me to recommend it
Hi there,

Thank you for your review and I am sorry to hear you found error's in the course.

We regularly check and update our courses new content and videos, i would love to discuss the details with you further.

Please get in touch with us when you can.

Customer Support Team
I got charged a ridiculous amount because they called from the UK and Im from USA. Make sure you correspond through emails.
Hi Alexi,
We're really sorry about these charges and have local numbers to call so this doesn't happen.

I would be grateful if you can please provide further details to us so I can look into the matter further.

Customer Support Team
It has been an absolute nightmare trying to get into contact with the customer service at I-to-I. I completed my level 5 course, after having to spend even more money because I wanted to LESSEN the amount of hours for my completion. So after I sent more money, the adjustment was made and I was sent a congratulatory email with with several links to click and view the certificate. And guess what? Neither link works with the candidate number they have given me. Turnaround time for a response to an email is at least three days. I try to call and never get an answer. And now I'm guessing that they'll require me to pay even more to have a printed certificate sent because for some reason the pdf won't work.
Hi Bronson, we're really sorry that you've had problems downloading your certificate on our system. For security you need to put in certain details before you can download it. I can see we have now sent your certificate directly to avoid any further frustration. You should not need a paper certificate as the PDF is official and can be legalized so please get in touch if you have any problems whatsoever.
We do our very best to respond to all queries as quickly as we can and within at least 2 working days so I'd like to apologise if you've had to wait longer than that.
Jo.
Overall my experience with i-to-i was not brilliant, the courses are very inflexible, with "admin fees" at every corner. The course content is very basic and taught me very little i didn't already know, however it did go through the basics with some competence.

I found the layout of the material to be incredibly poor at some points, and found several typos and structural issues. I've included some of the notable examples below:

In the "pronunciation" section the content immediately assumed the learner to have a southern RP English accent. As a Scot I found most of this section incredibly unhelpful and I'm sure the majority of brits who don't have a southern RP English accent would agree, and would have appreciated at least a disclaimer at the start of the section (there was a very small disclaimer at the END of the section. Not helpful).

The wording of many of the quiz questions was confusing and needs reviewing.

At unit 7.5 the course covers tenses. The introduction shows the tenses in chronological order, but the later content follows in a completely nonsensical order.

These are just some small examples of problems I found with the course in general, so that I overall found the content pretty unprofessional and unsatisfying, especially for the price I paid. Add on to this the administrative fees and certificate fees and it's just mad. With that price I expect much more detailed tutor feedback (which was very basic) and course content that flows in a logical way.

I have two reasons for giving two stars instead of one: the first being that the course really does cover the basics well, it's just vastly overpriced.
The second being Amy from customer service, who listened patiently to my tirade about my poor experience, quickly and efficiently sorted out my certificate issues and was overall incredibly helpful. I would give an extra star just for her but I want to be honest with my review. She deserves a raise.
Hi Lou,
Thank you for your honest and detailed review of your experience with us. We are doing a full review of all courses at the moment and will use your comments to make improvements. If you do have any further specifics we'd really appreciate you sending them through to customersupport@i-to-i.com. We're also assessing any additional fees so that they are transparent and reasonably priced.
Thanks again for the feedback, it has been taken on board and will be addressed.
Customer Support Team.
I was actually very happy with the course I chose , until itoi employees called and emailed me about howhat useless it is and how I should upgrade.

The videos also do not work!!!!!
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback; it's great to hear you are happy with the course you purchased.
I'm really sorry to hear you have felt poorly advised, we always try to offer helpful and accurate advice about the best course for you. If you do feel that was not the case then please contact us at customersupport@i-to-i.com and we'll look into things for you. We can also work to resolve the issues you seem to be having with videos.
Jo
Cutsomer Support Team
Non responsive during #Covid19 crisis. No response via e-mail or online chat.
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're really sorry if you've tried to contact us and we haven't come back to you. We are working as normal during the COVID-19 lockdown and are available through online chat, phone calls and emails. If you haven't had a response from us yet then please call us or contact us through the online chat as we're here to help you.
Customer Support Team.
I am very disappointed that after I purchased an extension for my course it took a week and me calling to get the response, but now am told my extension was applied from a week ago, when I didnt even receive confirmation.
Hi Mamohau,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm really sorry to hear that you had problems receiving your confirmation email (they are sometimes blocked by your email provider). We have made sure that you haven't lost any time as a result of this issue but if you need anything else then please just contact is on customersupport@i-to-i.com.
Best wishes.
Jo
Customer Support Team.
Level 3 doesnt seem to be accepted to get a online job, they all want a degree so to be honest very dissoppointed feel i have waisted the money and should of done a degree instead, when i applied they said level 3 140 hrs would be the best option but turned out not to be.
HI there, I'm realy sorry to hear that you are struggling to find a job. Our sister company https://lovetefljobs.com has lots of positions that you can apply for. You will find that some employers request a degree but certainly not all of them. if you need more advice then please email info@lovetefljobs.com and the team will help you.
I purchased a course and paid for it now I can't access it.
Hi Gillian,

I'm sorry to hear you have not been able to log in to your course. I have reset your log in details and sent you and email with the details on.

Please email me on 021 300 2852 if you need any further assistance and i will be happy to help.

Victoria
Customer Support Team
When trying to get me to do the course the i-to-i team was very helpful and hands on, things changed when I started and actually needed the teams assistance I would call and leave messages but no one would get back to me...Im done with the course now and I am now discovering that I was mislead to thinking you pay a once off fee for the entire course but that is not the case I have to pay an additional fee I had not budgeted for to get MY certificate...I mean does that even make sense? as if that was not enough the cherry on top has to be how the consultant promised to help me get a job once the course is completed but to my surprise that was all a big FAT lie.
Hi Zungu,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for speaking to me today in regards to your TEFL certificate.

Glad to hear you have now received your e-certificate for your qualification. As we discussed all hard copy certificates are sent via courier service to ensure delivery.

This can be ordered at any time and you may find that most jobs can be applied for with your e-certificate. However, if do need to order a hard copy certificate it can be ordered at time online or over the phone.

Good luck with your TEFL career

TEFL Support Team
Dear I-to-i TEFL
The course I am doing its okay not that easy. Unnecessary information not much examples given.
If you guys would of just forward all the information directly out it be so much convenient to study firstly.
Hi There,

Thanks for your review.

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with course. We have a dedicated customer support team that are here to help you get through it. I've sent you over an email with details of how to get in touch with us.

Best Wishes
Amy
Customer Support Team
1. Most lessons give basic terms and examples but follows it up with a quiz that goes beyond terms that have been explained. This forces you to suspend your quiz and first research terms and phrases that have not been covered in the TEFL course.
2. Interface that is supposed to track your progress keeps resetting to zero, does not remember to "continue from last point" and does not allow video playback from any country that has any form of internet censorship.
3. Lastly (but this might not pertain to all), the websites frequently responds with a "time out" error message meaning it takes twice as long to get anything done.
Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you found difficulties with the course. I have sent you over an email to discuss these further.

I wish you all the best with your TEFL career.

Best Wishes,
Amy
Customer Support Team
There were a number of grammar and spelling mistakes in the course and most of the content was redundant.
Hi,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear this.

We are always trying to update the course and make improvements. Please could you send in any examples of grammar or spelling mistakes and we can urgently amend these.

Our email address is customersupport@i-to-i.com.

We wish you luck in your new TEFL career.

Rachel,
Customer Support
Some of the videos, while have important examples in them, are very difficult to hear even with the computer speaker at 100% volume.
Sorry to hear you've had trouble with the sound quality of the videos.

I would be grateful if you can email me further details and I will look into the videos.

Our address is customersupport@i-to-i.com.

TEFL Support Team
I recently purchased the 180 hour course and it is not allowing me to enter into the materials. I keep receiving an error message but the platform does not offer ways to correct the situation.
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that you have had problems accessing the course.
Please could you contact us either by email to customersupport@i-to-i.com or call us on 877 526 3959. We can then investigate the problem and resolve this as soon as possible.
Best Wishes,