i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

tefl@i-to-i.com

Suite 2, Chantry House
Victoria Road

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
I got charged a ridiculous amount because they called from the UK and Im from USA. Make sure you correspond through emails.
Hi Alexi,
We're really sorry about these charges and have local numbers to call so this doesn't happen.

I would be grateful if you can please provide further details to us so I can look into the matter further.

Customer Support Team
It has been an absolute nightmare trying to get into contact with the customer service at I-to-I. I completed my level 5 course, after having to spend even more money because I wanted to LESSEN the amount of hours for my completion. So after I sent more money, the adjustment was made and I was sent a congratulatory email with with several links to click and view the certificate. And guess what? Neither link works with the candidate number they have given me. Turnaround time for a response to an email is at least three days. I try to call and never get an answer. And now I'm guessing that they'll require me to pay even more to have a printed certificate sent because for some reason the pdf won't work.
Hi Bronson, we're really sorry that you've had problems downloading your certificate on our system. For security you need to put in certain details before you can download it. I can see we have now sent your certificate directly to avoid any further frustration. You should not need a paper certificate as the PDF is official and can be legalized so please get in touch if you have any problems whatsoever.
We do our very best to respond to all queries as quickly as we can and within at least 2 working days so I'd like to apologise if you've had to wait longer than that.
Jo.
Overall my experience with i-to-i was not brilliant, the courses are very inflexible, with "admin fees" at every corner. The course content is very basic and taught me very little i didn't already know, however it did go through the basics with some competence.

I found the layout of the material to be incredibly poor at some points, and found several typos and structural issues. I've included some of the notable examples below:

In the "pronunciation" section the content immediately assumed the learner to have a southern RP English accent. As a Scot I found most of this section incredibly unhelpful and I'm sure the majority of brits who don't have a southern RP English accent would agree, and would have appreciated at least a disclaimer at the start of the section (there was a very small disclaimer at the END of the section. Not helpful).

The wording of many of the quiz questions was confusing and needs reviewing.

At unit 7.5 the course covers tenses. The introduction shows the tenses in chronological order, but the later content follows in a completely nonsensical order.

These are just some small examples of problems I found with the course in general, so that I overall found the content pretty unprofessional and unsatisfying, especially for the price I paid. Add on to this the administrative fees and certificate fees and it's just mad. With that price I expect much more detailed tutor feedback (which was very basic) and course content that flows in a logical way.

I have two reasons for giving two stars instead of one: the first being that the course really does cover the basics well, it's just vastly overpriced.
The second being Amy from customer service, who listened patiently to my tirade about my poor experience, quickly and efficiently sorted out my certificate issues and was overall incredibly helpful. I would give an extra star just for her but I want to be honest with my review. She deserves a raise.
Hi Lou,
Thank you for your honest and detailed review of your experience with us. We are doing a full review of all courses at the moment and will use your comments to make improvements. If you do have any further specifics we'd really appreciate you sending them through to customersupport@i-to-i.com. We're also assessing any additional fees so that they are transparent and reasonably priced.
Thanks again for the feedback, it has been taken on board and will be addressed.
Customer Support Team.
I was actually very happy with the course I chose , until itoi employees called and emailed me about howhat useless it is and how I should upgrade.

The videos also do not work!!!!!
Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback; it's great to hear you are happy with the course you purchased.
I'm really sorry to hear you have felt poorly advised, we always try to offer helpful and accurate advice about the best course for you. If you do feel that was not the case then please contact us at customersupport@i-to-i.com and we'll look into things for you. We can also work to resolve the issues you seem to be having with videos.
Jo
Cutsomer Support Team
Non responsive during #Covid19 crisis. No response via e-mail or online chat.
Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and we're really sorry if you've tried to contact us and we haven't come back to you. We are working as normal during the COVID-19 lockdown and are available through online chat, phone calls and emails. If you haven't had a response from us yet then please call us or contact us through the online chat as we're here to help you.
Customer Support Team.
I am very disappointed that after I purchased an extension for my course it took a week and me calling to get the response, but now am told my extension was applied from a week ago, when I didnt even receive confirmation.
Hi Mamohau,
Thanks for taking the time to write a review. I'm really sorry to hear that you had problems receiving your confirmation email (they are sometimes blocked by your email provider). We have made sure that you haven't lost any time as a result of this issue but if you need anything else then please just contact is on customersupport@i-to-i.com.
Best wishes.
Jo
Customer Support Team.
Level 3 doesnt seem to be accepted to get a online job, they all want a degree so to be honest very dissoppointed feel i have waisted the money and should of done a degree instead, when i applied they said level 3 140 hrs would be the best option but turned out not to be.
HI there, I'm realy sorry to hear that you are struggling to find a job. Our sister company https://lovetefljobs.com has lots of positions that you can apply for. You will find that some employers request a degree but certainly not all of them. if you need more advice then please email info@lovetefljobs.com and the team will help you.
I purchased a course and paid for it now I can't access it.
Hi Gillian,

I'm sorry to hear you have not been able to log in to your course. I have reset your log in details and sent you and email with the details on.

Please email me on 021 300 2852 if you need any further assistance and i will be happy to help.

Victoria
Customer Support Team
When trying to get me to do the course the i-to-i team was very helpful and hands on, things changed when I started and actually needed the teams assistance I would call and leave messages but no one would get back to me...Im done with the course now and I am now discovering that I was mislead to thinking you pay a once off fee for the entire course but that is not the case I have to pay an additional fee I had not budgeted for to get MY certificate...I mean does that even make sense? as if that was not enough the cherry on top has to be how the consultant promised to help me get a job once the course is completed but to my surprise that was all a big FAT lie.
Hi Zungu,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for speaking to me today in regards to your TEFL certificate.

Glad to hear you have now received your e-certificate for your qualification. As we discussed all hard copy certificates are sent via courier service to ensure delivery.

This can be ordered at any time and you may find that most jobs can be applied for with your e-certificate. However, if do need to order a hard copy certificate it can be ordered at time online or over the phone.

Good luck with your TEFL career

TEFL Support Team
Dear I-to-i TEFL
The course I am doing its okay not that easy. Unnecessary information not much examples given.
If you guys would of just forward all the information directly out it be so much convenient to study firstly.
Hi There,

Thanks for your review.

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties with course. We have a dedicated customer support team that are here to help you get through it. I've sent you over an email with details of how to get in touch with us.

Best Wishes
Amy
Customer Support Team
1. Most lessons give basic terms and examples but follows it up with a quiz that goes beyond terms that have been explained. This forces you to suspend your quiz and first research terms and phrases that have not been covered in the TEFL course.
2. Interface that is supposed to track your progress keeps resetting to zero, does not remember to "continue from last point" and does not allow video playback from any country that has any form of internet censorship.
3. Lastly (but this might not pertain to all), the websites frequently responds with a "time out" error message meaning it takes twice as long to get anything done.
Hi There,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you found difficulties with the course. I have sent you over an email to discuss these further.

I wish you all the best with your TEFL career.

Best Wishes,
Amy
Customer Support Team
There were a number of grammar and spelling mistakes in the course and most of the content was redundant.
Hi,

Thank you for your review.

I am very sorry to hear this.

We are always trying to update the course and make improvements. Please could you send in any examples of grammar or spelling mistakes and we can urgently amend these.

Our email address is customersupport@i-to-i.com.

We wish you luck in your new TEFL career.

Rachel,
Customer Support
Some of the videos, while have important examples in them, are very difficult to hear even with the computer speaker at 100% volume.
Sorry to hear you've had trouble with the sound quality of the videos.

I would be grateful if you can email me further details and I will look into the videos.

Our address is customersupport@i-to-i.com.

TEFL Support Team
I recently purchased the 180 hour course and it is not allowing me to enter into the materials. I keep receiving an error message but the platform does not offer ways to correct the situation.
Hi,
Thank you for your feedback.
I am sorry to hear that you have had problems accessing the course.
Please could you contact us either by email to customersupport@i-to-i.com or call us on 877 526 3959. We can then investigate the problem and resolve this as soon as possible.
Best Wishes,
Rachel,
Support Team
I am totally saddened by this a whole saga towards the end of my course. I went online to ask simple questions, and even though the agent spelt terribly, I did not judge, but somehow did not answer my direct question. When I called I got told I called her "stupid" of which all I said was if she was serious on guiding me to submit my online assessment which she kept saying submitting work. Click on it. At no point did I call anyone stupid.
Hi,
Thank you for your review.
Please accept our apology for your experience yesterday.
The matter has been looked into and necessary measures of training has been conducted.
Once again please accept my apology for the misunderstanding.
Customer Support Team Leader
It doesn't cover practical grammar as ESL student really need for instance no mention of transitive/intransitive/ambitransitive verbs. It doesn't cover stative verbs- a problem area at a school that I taught at. It should more practically focused not a term matching or put the obvious answer. There is some good content but that is restricted.
Thanks for your feedback, we really value feedback on the content of our courses. I am sorry you didn't feel the content met with your expectations. We have tried to include a range of relevant information about grammar as well as practical ideas to bring it alive in the classroom and write engaging lesson plans. I would be happy to give you a call and discuss it further.
Academic Manager
More like but learning styles is a bogus concept- learners actually have to be taught in every way possible- they neither know what is effective nor is the way they tend to be learning is representative of how they should be taught. It is a pain to search through the course for the materials that that I want- also the links should all be in one place.
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your feedback. Learning styles are a key part of teaching. This is why we address the different aspects of learning styles in the course. By knowing the learning styles of your learners you can adapt your materials and approaches to appeal to your learners.
The links to extra materials are organised according to subject so you can move smoothly onto supplementary materials.
Academic Manager
Poorly written modules and terribly written quizzes. This made it very hard to understand what the question was, if it was even a question at all. A lot of the time I felt as though I was guessing the answer, because I didn't understand what I was being asked to do.
Hi, Thank you for your review we really appreciate the feedback we receive. The modules are designed to progress logically and enable you to deepen your knowledge of the theory and practice of TEFL teaching. The quizzes are designed to help you reinforce what you learn and test your knowledge.

Academic Manager
I am locked out of my course, it expired 3 weeks early. Please help, thank you.
Hi Kate,
Thanks for your message. If you have any problems logging into your course please contact customersupport@i-to-i.com.
The in class TEFL was brilliant but it is sorely let down by the online portion which makes up most of the course! Its ironic that the course lectures on how to teach students and does so with pages and pages of repetitive text. The site is also very difficult to navigate, for instance if i wanted to look back over tense I wouldn't know where to look... The means of testing are also poor.
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.67 based on 4,836 reviews