i-to-i TEFL Reviews

1,305 Reviews
Ad You May Also Consider ? Adverts from our client network

tefl@i-to-i.com

How would you rate i-to-i TEFL?

Orkhan Ahmadli
Verified Reviewer

I enjoyed the course a lot. No need to highlight how important and valuable each section is. However, I found the writing assignment of 1500 words extremely useless. This can be further improved.
Elena
Unverified Reviewer

I just want to say, WOW!

I have just arrived back in England after the most incredible 2 and a half months of my life in Thailand, doing the Thailand TEFL Experience.

My experience was amazing and I would 100% recommend anybody looking for a bit of adventure to do this. I want to write this as I have only really seen reviews for the online course and not for the experiences, so when i was deciding whether to book or not- I was a bit nervous when I couldn't read about anybody with a great experience!

I completed my TEFL online course in around 3 weeks, after some very hard work. After receiving my certificate, I packed and readied myself to take the adventure of a lifetime! I was so nervous to go, I had never been anywhere by myself before so it's safe to say that i was terrified.

I'm going to be honest, on the plane I did stop and think that this could be a scam company and there would be nobody to meet me at the airport. Thankfully(!) Nutty's Adventures- i-to-i's in-county team- were there to greet me and take me to the hotel to meet the other interns.

The other interns I met really did make the trip as amazing as it was. It was incredible to meet so many other people from different countries and cultures, but you all have that one thing in common. I don't think the experience would have been quite as good if I didn't get along with the other interns, as all of your weekends you were free to do what you liked- there were no organised tours or places to be- you had your own reign.

There were some things that could be improved- which is why I didn't rate this review 5 stars. However, they are only very small things and did not spoil the experience.

More information is definitely needed before the departure to whichever country you go to. For example, in the welcome brochure you get before leaving, it mentions that you must get travel vaccinations... okay yes that is very important. I went to get these and the nurse asked me which places I was staying in Thailand. I told her the places and also QUOTED from the brochure that i was staying in a 'small, rural village'. I was told that as it is a rural area, I need to get a certain types of injections etc etc. To cut a long story short, I had to go to a private clinic and spend over £350 on injections that I thought I needed. When I actually arrived in Thailand, I saw that I was not in a small, rural village at all- none of us were- we were in big, busy towns!
Another example, is that from October 2016-October 2017, the people of Thailand are in mourning due to the unfortunate passing of their beloved King. Because of this, many people wear black for an entire year, including employees of the public sector. We did not find out about this, until we actually arrived in Thailand. I knew the King had died, due to my own research before I came- but I did not realise that this meant we, as interns, must only wear black when teaching. It would have been very helpful if we had received an email informing us of this BEFORE we packed clothes that ended up being too inappropriate to teach in!
If the brochures and information given was up-to-date and accurate, then I probably could have saved a lot of money.

One other thing that did make me nervous while teaching out there- is the visa. We were told in the information pack to apply for a 60 Day Tourist Visa, and not a working one as we were only volunteers. However, when this visa arrived it clearly states 'employment prohibited'- okay fine, we're not technically employed but it seems a little dodgy. It was something I forgot about until a member of the in-country informed us that if we were to extend our visas, we must stay in a hotel that night, and not the school. We weren't allowed to tell these government officials were we had been living for the past two months. One intern accidentally did out of nervousness, and she ended up with a slap on the wrist and had to pay hefty fines and pay for another visa- this time a working one. So I do think proper clarity is needed on the visas and the company need to speak to official people to make sure what we are doing is completely legal!

Apart from that, Thailand was an absolutely worth-it experience. You get to live like a local, completely immersing yourself into a different culture and way of life. You pick up bits of the language, take 'selfies' with the locals, and laugh with the children. Don't get me wrong sometimes it was very difficult, the school I was in didn't have many resources and there was only one teacher that spoke really good English, but thats all part of the experience! Make your own resources if there aren't any. Teacher forgot to tell you the subject for that week? -Use your initiative and if you can't ask them, see what the children want to learn. Your accommodation isn't as homely as you like? Buy some nice decorations for it- it'll be nice for the next interns and great for the school, don't forget they've given you the accommodation off their own back- they don't get paid to keep you!

It is hard to start off with, losing the luxuries you're used to and being somewhere completely out of your depth. But I tell you what, you'll soon miss the strange way of living when you're back to reality.

I can't thank i-to-i LOVE TEFL enough for the amazing opportunity they have given me. Without finding this company, I never would have taken the plunge to go and live in another country for two months. From reading some of the reviews already on here, I don't think this company are given enough credit. Yes, there are some things that need to be worked on, but nothing is completely perfect. I was placed in a safe, built up area, and I had the best two months of my life. In fact my time in Thailand was so good, I extended my flights so I could travel for a further two weeks (it would have been longer if I could have afforded it), and since I have returned to England, I am constantly on their website looking for other experiences to do (just waiting for them to be cheaper)!

Thank you so much i-to-i, you have definitely made me want to travel again!
Frederick Potgieter
Verified Reviewer

Definitely a course worth taking.
Lorreta Takawira
Verified Reviewer

Wooow i enjoyed the class sooo much.our tutor was amazing.am now so ready and prepared .this class was worth it.
Kjell De Mars
Verified Reviewer

Not too hard and not too easy, it was well balanced. It might have been a little more challenging throughout the course, but the assessment did do a good job at that.
Marjorie Vaussanvin
Verified Reviewer

I am really delighted and thankful for the course I took and for the people who worked on it (and are still working on it). I learned a lot thanks to i-to-i TEFL!
Joseph Cottrell
Verified Reviewer

The course was brilliantly structure and the information I learned will be of enormous use to me when I start teaching. The instruction, by Paula Jenkins, was first-class. I'd highly recommend this course to others!
Sinead Curran
Verified Reviewer

This course was extremely helpful in making me feel ready to teach English abroad. It had great ideas for lesson plans for all ages and levels. The content was well laid out and easy to follow.
I also did the 20 hour classroom training which made sense of the online work I had been studying. Recommend fully.
Laity Ibrahim
Verified Reviewer

I have just finished the 120 hours online course, and writing a good review wouldn't be enough to describe it. It is very practical and pragmatic. Best investment I have ever made.
Thank you i-to-i.
Jennifer Slotow
Verified Reviewer

The practical course was very informative. Prior to the practical I found it very hard to visualize what teaching would actually be like and feel like. So I was really nervous to go and teach, but the practical course put me at ease because it allowed me to understand what teaching would feel like. It helped me gain confidence and now I feel I understand more what teaching is about. It was also a great opportunity to receive feedback and corrections so I can improve how I teach - as well as meet other people who are keen to go and teach just as I am.
Stephen
Verified Reviewer

I enjoyed this course and found it very helpful, the lessons are presented in a clear manner and aren't unnecessarily complicated which makes note-taking easy. After completing the course I feel more confident in my ability to teach TEFL.
Graham Sully
Verified Reviewer

i have recently completed the 20 hour Classroom Training with i-to-i TEFL in Brisbane. It was a marvelous experience with the well versed Instructor taking the class through the step by step process to become successful in the classroom. Some theory with plenty of practice & lesson preparation and actual delivery of lesson. Simply great! 2 long days but worth it!! Thanks TEFL......Just Love TEFL!!
Roy
Verified Reviewer

English Explained so simply !!! The course has a natural and effective flow , i would definitely recommend the 120 hour course!
Josh O'Dwyer
Verified Reviewer

I paid over 300 pounds for the original course and an extra 100 pounds on a wasted extension for very poorly made course. Some of the questions in the quiz did not relate to anything in the training at all and using google and credible courses to find the answer would be deemed wrong by the quiz itself which is ludicrous. Only reason they have a time limit on the course is so you spend more money on an extension. Site is absolutely a scam stay well clear, much better reputable courses out there
Hi Josh, I'm really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the course. I can see from correspondence that you were struggling with it and I know we offered assistance if you need it.
We welcome any feedback that you have about the course and sections you feel require improvement so please email us on customersupport@i-to-i.com and we'll certainly review anything that you think doesn't make sense. We generally receive very positive feedback about our course so it's really disappointing to read your comments.
I can see that you have been working through the course since July 2016 and haven't finished it yet so I've given you a complimentary extension in the hope that you can complete it in full. The time limit on the course is designed to help students work through all the content and remember details when they get to the assessment section at the end.
Graham Elliott
Verified Reviewer

The course was easy to follow and informative. The quizzes and videos included in the course were very helpful. The quizzes help you to both review and think further about what you are learning.
Jake Beecroft
Verified Reviewer

Excellent, I really enjoyed this course it was great to go over materials and concepts from the online 120 hour course I'm also doing and the practical mock lessons were very valuable to me.
interactive fun exciting well recommend also the course tutor our group had (Poppy) she was fantastic very engaging encouraging and knowledgeable.
Victoria Dzawo
Verified Reviewer

worth your every penny, very informative and gives you so much confidence to stand before students anywhere in the world!
Susan Wallace
Verified Reviewer

I am finding the course worthwhile but slow going.
I believe this is because I teach L2 by immersion.... one to one in Britain.......which, through my life at the present time and in Japan and Korea, I have come believe in this approach as essential for most who wish to become fluent.

However, I am pleased to learn more about stages ... lesson structure PPP.. ,similar to Tokyo Course without the labeling, and to combine my communicative style with direct methodology and Grammar Translation through experiences and relevant opportunity
Katie Cross
Verified Reviewer

Having just finished the TEFL course, I can honestly say I would feel more comfortable in teaching a class now having completed this. It seems to piece together a lot of existing knowledge I held with regards to people skills while learning more technical teaching lingo I did not have. A great insight into teaching if you are looking to travel abroad.
Fathima Fasla Ilyas
Unverified Reviewer

For a newcomer to the I-to-I courses it is an encouraging eye-opener to 'teaching the TEFL way' and it presents a recommendable journey with an excellent service and interesting new stimulus. The wide range of options regarding where, how and who to teach is a fantastic bonus and I definitely will engage with more course work as it is a wonderful way to review, refresh and broaden the own knowledge. Thank you for making learning and teaching more accessible!
I'm thanking I-To-I TEFL forever and ever.
Thank You.