i-to-i TEFL Reviews

Read i-to-i TEFL Reviews

tefl@i-to-i.com

Suite 2, Chantry House
Victoria Road

Tell us how i-to-i TEFL made you happy
I asked for a call back and I never got one. I want to upgrade my current TEFL of 120 hours to 140. I called originally back in November and I got great service then but I wasn't at a point where I would actually have time to study. I contacted you again twice asking for a call back as I wanted to start studying and I've yet to hear anything.
Very disappointed as I am a returning customer and I'd great experiences up to this point. I haven't purchased anything from you so I am really surprised that I received this email:
Dear Margaret O'Driscoll,

You have recently purchased a TEFL course from i-to-i TEFL.

Please help us improve our customer satisfaction by writing a quick review.
I really enjoyed the course but unfortunately part way through I had to move due to redundancy. My new e-mail connection took sometime to establish and when I finally got online to explain the situation, I was given a very short extension which I was grateful for. However, with the time change I was unable to complete my final assignments and was told I could pay again if I'd like to completed. I had also signed up for the practical experience in Nice. The course was cancelled several times and the response was to go take it someplace else in France. Of course, this would involve travel expenses, hotels and the like which was out of the question as I was unemployed. The response was more or less tough, do you want your money back. Sadly, I did/do feel the customer services are lacking quite considerably. On a positive note, I did enjoy the webinars and found them very useful.
Kind regards,
Iyla
Online study was not the best option for me.
I did not have a good experience with the course, as I did not have the opportunity to complete it. I fell extremely ill in the month of August and I asked my superior to contact the necessary persons, as I needed an extension to complete the final module as I was too sick to continue. I paid a lot of money, which was double deducted over 2 - 3 month period and only received a portion of the money back. I have not been able to afford an extension since January this year 2014, where it could have been extended last year (2013) and have been completed in time to receive my certificate.

I feel like I have wasted a lot of money, including my time and patience. It is probably not i-to-i to blame but the lack of attentiveness and competency of the company I work for that previously arranged my TEFL training (60 hours). My overall experience was unpleasant.

Furthermore, the extension for the course has gone up to R700.00, where this could have been avoided.
The literature is misleading about what types of jobs you can apply for once you obtain your course certificates.
I undertook the Teach in Thailand internship in May 2013. I have one thing to say to people considering it - DON'T DO IT!!!! There are plenty of other routes to go down, please PLEASE don't do this... It ends up costing you SO much more than it should do for this level of qualification, the support you receive is non-existent and they try and pinch more money off you at every opportunity!! Admittedly, this is more a review of the sister company TTT that the internship was run through rather than i-to-i, because most of my dealings with them were perfectly fine... The online course was informative and helped prepare me for life in the classroom... But seeing as the whole internship was purchased through them, I needed to put a review on this website!!! I did meet some wonderful people through the internship but if I could turn back time I DEFINITELY would not do it this way. For the same money you can get a top-level qualification, practically guaranteeing you a job anywhere in the world! This way you're receiving a basic qualification that doesn't carry much weight in certain parts of the world, getting paid a THIRD of a basic starting wage for other TEFL teachers in Thailand (barely enough to live off) and getting less support than you would receive from a standard teaching agency in Thailand. I left the internship fairly quickly because it was so not worth staying with them, and I'm SO glad I did. I lost a lot of money from doing it in the first place, but I earned some of my money back by cutting my losses and going with a different agency... And it was so easy to get a job!!! I had 11 interviews lined up within two days!! So basically... The online courses with i-to-i are fine, not amazing, but fine, but the internship itself was a complete scam. I repeat... DON'T DO IT!!!!!
I purchased this course 18 months ago, not recently like your email suggested. I can't access information that I've paid for whenever I need it. I need to phone and have my account opened for a limited period before it's locked again. If I bought a book and the shop took it off me when I finished reading it, I wouldn't (nor would anyone else), be happy. I paid for the book, so, it's mine. I paid for the course therefore all of the information on the course should be mine to access whenever I need it, because it's mine. This is a serious problem that should be dealt with. Very disappointing.
It didn't give me strong enough training to teach effectively and I felt very let down.
useless could not get a job from it, its just a money making scheme with sub par course material. Not happy and a waste of my time and money
When I purchased I was not told course had to be done in three months. I was traveling at the time and opened to see what it was like. When I returned and again opened found I only had a week left to finish but could pay a heap more money to extend the course guess they make all their money from people doing this.
I took a business English course online. i felt it didn't really equip me to teach actual Business English classes. The cert. was given on the basis of one very short written test. I thi k the course was ovwrpriced as I dodn't really learn anything drom it and it was extremely easy to pass. i would say the same of the previous 140hour course I did with i-to-i. It was overpriced and disn't help me much when I actually got a job teaching English.
Started out well but plans were ruined when half way through doing my course I was told I was no longer going to be accepted onto the internship do to new age requirements. Without teaching experience (which my package was said to include) the qualification did not stand up on its own as most shools want practical skills and experience rather than a qualification completed online.
Well, I completed all the tasks and assessments, and never saw a certificate. What was the point? Very frustrating.
Haven't finished the course yet. The extensions have stopped coming in the mail. I have asked the "lecturer" how to improve my submission, but the response is vague and not detailed at all. The "lecturers" seem to know nothing at all. If I could get a refund on all the money I spent I would love to.. but I doubt that would be possible. i-to-i is all about the money money money!
I was “quite unhappy” with aspects of your course! I do not know whether this course (or ‘a pathway’) could have been more flexible, but as I made my way through it, I was irritated by the overbearing attention to grammar!

My “brief” at my current school is to concentrate on oral work and I was specifically told to NOT deal with ANY grammar! (Are you quite sure that your ‘fixation’ with grammar is congruent with what is required in China, for example?)

My forté is Oral Work and particularly vocabulary! I found scant emphasis on Oral Work in your course!
I qualified in the 20 hour basic course plus grammar, one to one, business and children. It seemed that the information given had two problems
1. There amount of material was very small and particularly the grammar, was insufficient in explanations, detail, examples and exercises.
2. There was information on what to teach, but very little on how to teach. Playing games and role playing are not enough, particularly when teaching one to one.
I am now teaching and find the course material pretty much irrelevant as I am making up my own methods.
3. The online webinars with Maure were very good
There needs to be a chatroomor other information for graduates as I can't get access to information since I finished
I don't appreciate having to pay extra because the course lapses after 90 days. If it is an online course there shouldn't be a lapse time. Many of us who are studying work full time jobs and in some cases run businesses (such as myself). Which means actual study can only be done in the evening. This will prolong the time taken to complete the actual study. 90 days is not even a semester in University terms, and the extra monies required to extend the course are nothing more than theft. I am not supervised, my tests are not marked by an examiner, and I don't need a mentor. Therefore there is no extra cost to TEFL. Theft is the optimum word.
I found that the material was put together in a very confusing manner. I have lived in Turkey now for four years and when I come in contact with people who have taken English classes am just amazed at how poorly they converse. The majority have had teachers from one of the leading programs, and they don't have a clue about the language.
I'm GLAD that I SUCCESSFULLY completed the course. It was interesting and I think I learnt a lot all the while it really only matters that I find an actual JOB. Which brings me to the next point that despite the facility available, the course completed, I still cannot get a JOB using these certificates. Even contacting someone personally, they were quick to report I was not registered under the TEFL brand. Which is obscene. Clearly they either didn't care, a problem in the system exists or TEFL is not as recognised to the extent that it claims to BE.

Unfortunately that has been the case and I need to keep seeking for something that could be of significant CONSTRUCT.
Hi Guys

My experience with an on line course TEFL course is not something that I'd recommend especially if you are busy with full employment and have other responsibility. If you are well resourced, have a copious amount of time and can dedicate yourself to complete the course in the allocated time frame, then it may be something to consider?
The initial cost of the course is quite reasonable and well with in scope, however if you have other commitments and find your falling behind with completing your units and wish to extend, it cost?
The access to online resources is good and all internet based, i to i provide you with links to the relative information related to each unit you commence. There is also an option to book in to webonair seminars, though you must fit in with their scheduling . If you require assistance via a tutor it can be frustrating as you have to wait for someone on the other side of the world to contact you, which upon their response provided you with good advise. As in my instance I would have liked to acquire assistance promptly to eliminate lag time throughout the unit. In reflection, my preference would be to enroll in a 4 week class based course, where you can dedicate and focus on your objective, have accesses to teaching/tutor staff, allocated in class student/teacher time and importantly interaction with other participants.
i-to-i TEFL is rated 4.68 based on 5,017 reviews