Hillarys Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend Hillarys
12PM
12PM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Hillarys?

Tell us how Hillarys made you happy

Telephone
3 - 4 hours
Avg Email Response Time
"Absolutely brilliant service from the agent who gave us estimates, advice and fitted our curtains. Fitter, Mabs, was efficient, professional and meticulous in his care."
Are you Hillarys? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I barely ever write reviews but wanted to share my shockingly disappointing experience with Hillarys, avoid them at all costs for the below reasons: 1.Significant delays to the order - we were guaranteed delivery before Christmas by both initial fitter and surveyor and as things stand, we still haven't received our full order as of 4th Feb 2019. What's even more shocking is the fact that nobody at Hillarys can advise when the order will be completed or what's the reason for the delay.  2. Extremely poor communication - we received no apology or reason why our order was delayed by 2 months, as mentioned above nobody in the whole company including customer service senior manager or our fitter could tell what happened to our voiles & curtain tracks and when they will be available. 3. Three separate fitting appointments required - we were guaranteed that our order will be fitted in one go, however, each time the fitter came he was missing either curtains or voiles or was sent the wrong tracks meaning we had to take time off work again and again just to accommodate extremely poor service by Hillarys.  3. Shocking customer service - nobody took ownership of our case despite the formal written complaint, even the manager & customer service representatives were rude and kept cutting me off on the phone, I had to chase customer service on a daily basis and explain the situation to a different person each time just to get an answer to such simple things as the fitting date, reason for delay (which they couldn't advise at all). The information provided was often conflicting with what was agreed with the fitter e.g. our 1 (out of 3!) fitting appointments was cancelled and rescheduled by the fitter and customer services were completely unaware and gave me completely wrong information both on the phone and later by the text message showing a complete lack of communication internally and no respect to the customer. 4. Compensation - I had to fight long and hard (numerous phone calls, email communications, formal complaint) to get any kind of compensation for this awful experience & significant delays. And after all of this time and effort, all that Hillarys were willing to offer was a 5% discount!!!  Honestly, do yourself a big favour and look elsewhere - the signature service that Hillarys claim to offer simply does not exist the minute something goes wrong!!!"
"CUSTOMER WARNING!! COWBOY COMPANY ALERT Unfortunately zero stars isn’t an option This is the worst company on earth. Do not waste your time 1. Horrific service 2. Cheap/ appalling quality product 3. Fitters commit fraud 4. Fitters not trained to do a proper job 5. Fitters have no knowledge or competence in what you need 6. Impossible to deal with 7. They expect you to clear up the waste during fitting 8. Desperate to take your money but impossibly slow to deal with your complaints and issues My list is endless. I have nothing good to say about this company. Customers take this complaint seriously and spend your money elsewhere"
"Didn't turn up for the appointment. Agent said they were outside the shop next to my flat. When I went down to let them in they weren't there. I called and they kept lying and saying they were 5 minutes away. I waited outside for 40 minutes. Eventually they stopped answering and cancelled the appointment as they said they couldn't find the flat. The call centre had an unhelpful attitude. Avoid them!"
"Took my money for carpet £675-20 fitter did not turn up no carpet ringing for hours to get through they promised to refund then they sent me an invoice for guess what your right £675-20 not only do they let you down and rip you off but then they try to do it again well down Hillary’s you must be the worst retailer in the country. Oh I’m also 69 so maybe it’s only the elderly they trample all over. Buyer Beware !!!!"
"beautiful blinds"
"Excellent pre-sales service. Good design advice and no pressure to buy. Excellent quality blinds, great fitting and value for money. Would use again. Contacted to ask if I would like to write a review for Trustpilot after the blinds had been fitted and Hillarys had ensured that I was happy with the product. Top company."
"Excellent experience from initial visit to measure and choose material to the professional fitting.Already have 2 blinds more than 4 years old and my third is up so far to their continuing quality and appearance.Very satisfied customer.Paying a bit more gets you blinds that have longevity in durability and appearance."
Hillarys is rated 3.00 based on 8 reviews