Performance Direct Reviews

of reviewers recommend Performance Direct
Read Performance Direct Reviews
I got a great price on a new policy so paid for it there and then. Somehow they ran on an existing policy so ended up with two policies on the same car. They did refund me for the extra policy after I phoned them. Maybe scrapping the automatic renewal would be a good idea? Or having a more efficient data base which can tell them if they are insuring the same car twice.
Don’t touch this company. Can’t wait to move my policy to another insurer.
Renewed my insurance although I emailed not to. I sold the car before renewal. They wont refund full amoun without dvla proof who I cannot contact. As far as I am concerned its theft and fraus
Very complicated to get insured.
Endless questions and fell hastled.
Not all but some have come across rude on the phone
Absolute money grabbers. Wouldn't waive the £50+ cancellation fee in this time of crisis. Everyones circumstances have changed and they should make an effort to accommodate people who need to change their situation. Completely unsympathetic
Do not honour refunds. Do not check annual renewals and automatically take premiums without authorisation. Customer service not helpful
My car been parked for so many days and more days to come can u plzz give me same money bk plzz
Cancelled insurance did not say why never had a problem before with anyone else......Even rang up to say via google map I had no driveway when I have 2 cars parked on it ???? IDIOTS!!!!!!!
Worst company I have ever dealt with
Made the whole experience stressful which is why I cancelled the policy
My Insurance was cancelled without any reason — a company with poor performance.
Felt like I was dealing with a Boiler room operation.
Hi

Thank you for your feedback and apologies you feel this way. If you would like us to investigate any concerns, please submit a feedback form on www.performancedirect.co.uk.

Performance Direct
Worst insurance company i have ever dealt with. Which is why after 1 month i switched. Kept calling to increase the premium when i had already declared everything. Would not recommend and would score them a '0'
Customer service need to improve.
They promise to call back but this never happens.
Looks like customer care is not a priority for this booking agent.
Continual emails and access to me, around my NCD, uploaded three time now and still you write to me, not still not sorted ? Next time got to a proper insurance company ?
Hi Andrew

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
For confirmation, all methods to send us your No Claims Discount proof can be found here https://www.performancedirect.co.uk/existing-customers/send-us-your-documents.aspx

Alternatively, you can submit a feedback form where someone will look into the concerns raised.

Performance Direct
Terrible customer service, I had to call them at least 5 times due to errors on my policy, 4 weeks later and still waiting for updated documents!
Hello

I'm disappointed to read your review, please visit the Existing Customer menu on our website and submit a feedback form and your concerns can then be investigated.

Performance Direct
Was an existing customer, sold my car, bought a new car, went back to them. Customer service was appalling. Refused to accept my credit card. Despite my bank proving they never even tried to put it through. I believe they don't want to take credit cards to avoid paying fees. Force you to pay my debit card. Phone agents were very poor and had no interest in solving this.
disappointed to have paid to re-ensure my car only to then sell it only 2 weeks later. Cancelling the policy i was charged a 55% admin fee leaving a tiny refund on a premium paid 2 weeks earlier. Seems a little excessive when all was done online.
Easy to renew.
Hi Peter

Thank you for the 5 star feedback, I am pleased to hear that your renewal was an easy process.

Performance Direct
I'm another customer who has been caught with a £55 cancellation charge within minutes of buying a car insurance policy. During the telephone confirmation they found a need to correct the given info which they said would need a requote. After several minutes they came back with a 'best-they-could-find' quote of ANOTHER £250! That's on top of the £200 I had already paid them. I decided to cut my losses and say no thanks. I went back on to Money Supermarket and got a very competitive price using the corrected info.
Offered a good price but be warned, the administration fees are a little high compared to other insurers I have used.

I also sold my motorbike part way through the policy and the cost to cancel was nothing short of extortion. Not only was there a high exit fee, but they would also claim 25% of any refund due to you, as well. In the end I got a new bike and just had to pay a crazy admin fee to swap bikes.

I was also harassed at the start of the policy, I bought online, provided NCB proof via email yet would receive around 5 missed calls per day for at least two weeks - I couldn't answer due to my working commitments, then I got a voicemail saying they had cancelled my policy. Eventually had to make time to call, then they reinstated my policy after me basically giving them everything I already had online. Felt like they were looking for an opportunity to make the policy more expensive somehow.

Good annual price but poor elsewhere.
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 3 years ago