Grove & Dean Private Clients Reviews

64% of reviewers recommend Grove & Dean Private Clients
Mrs Nicholson
Verified Reviewer
"Took my money, did not ring back, still not insured. Want to cancel and go with alternative company but told will take 5 working days to refund debit card. need to drive my car NOW !"
"Brought online insurance, when they called to verify my details the cost went up over £500! The only change was not parking on a drive but the road, this was also not declared online by mistake. The change took over 11 phone calls over a period on an hour, due to being cut off by the call staff. One of them being extremely rude! To cancel the policy that was not yet to start until over 23 days time they charged me £55, despite having a 14 day cool off period. Please do not use this company, very bad service and I feel like I have been robbed online"
"I got to say there was a bit of a mix up at first as I got mixed up on motorbike insurance and paid deposit but they happily repaid me the money and took out another insurance cover with them. It was just that on line there was some mistakes but I'm happy with them as I not had motorbike for over 15 years but gave me very competitive cover!!"
Dissatisfied Customer
Verified Reviewer
"Absolutely terrible! Probably the cheapest out there, but the service is horrendous. Took out a policy only for them to cancel it after a couple of days to tell me it was the wrong insurance even though all the quotes I did online matched the price as well as charging me a cancellation fee! Very difficult to get through and the staff are rude. AVOID AVOID AVOID."
"Insured my M3 with them the second year now. 9 points and most companies would not insure me or give me a quote of £2000 +. Changed my plates as well and they never charged me. I have not had to make a claim, but they seem always the cheapest and the customer service is good. Sometimes difficult to get through but they are nowhere the size of Admiral so that can be expected.... I can only recommend them!"
"Extra charges, huge fees, bad service. Don't waste your time and money ."
"Queried why an insurance underwriting company was quoted, in a Key Facts document on their website, as being regulated by the FCA and PRA when in fact the insurance company had been removed as being authorised in December 2016. I was thanked for bringing this to their attention and was advised that they would call me back when matters had been referred to company acting on behalf of the insurance company. I am not impressed by such lack of relevant knowledge, which may be in breach of regulation."
Richard Lloyd
Verified Reviewer
"Had a quote by compare the market, phoned up, was transfered 4 times. They said that there was an IT problem and the price doubled. I went back to Compere the market, quote was the same as the original one. rang up again and they said they would let me have it for that price. After 1 hour on the phone alarm bells were ringing for me. I sudder to think how it would be if I had to make a claim. My advise would be go elsewhereand save yourself the hassle."
"Really ridiculous admin fees. They are clearly in the market of exploitation and haven't realised that customer service is what keeps people coming back. I will do all I can to spread the word that you should not use this company....they are like some horror story from the 80's! I predict their future to be very poor.....hopefully."
"Took a classic car policy out with these guys spoke to someone called Adam who was very helpful and understood a true classic car enthusiast like me. I will use again for my other classic cars and will refer all my club members"
Christopher
Verified Buyer
"Very poor service from this so called insurance expert. My policy has been handled badly from start to finish and I am the one who will be out of pocket on this. Joke of a company"
"customer service very poor. hard work with them. take the large sums off me plus after 14days cancelation still take my payment every month for 2months till i cancel my direct debit. no money was give back to me.... be warned with this company.. nobody mention of this company for a reason."
"will not deal with this company again,very bad and costly experience .Very difficult to actually have a meaningfull conversation with any sales person.Quite arrogant at times."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"Easy to contact and efficent"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"I think it was very good service and I will use you again Thankyou."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"I did not realise there is a non-refundable £55 fee even if you cancel within what we thought would be a 14 day cooling off period. As I work in the industry I focused more on the cover offered to my partner rather than the fees. My partner was called by the company less than 24 hours of taking out the policy. I thought initially this was a fab touch as it ensures we made no mistakes. My partner had to pass me the phone during the call as he found the broker extremely arrogant and rude.... Unfortunately I must agree with him. I was told we hadn't advised my partner would be driving to work, but only options on the comparison website were social/domestic/pleasure or business use. Business use was not appropriate and so we selected the other option. We were told this was not correct and so there would be an additional £16 to pay... Plus £55 admin fee... We were shocked by this as this option was not on the website. This would also mean you must also get this instant money maker from most of your clients in your "efficient" post-cover call. When I queried this, I was made to feel like an idiot by someone who clearly needs some lessons in rapport-building. I also was told I was making no sense, which I really did not appreciate... I would invite you to listen to the call made to us at 14:47 today. As it was cheaper to do so, we have carried on our policy but feel like we have been forced to do so. I will say the admin fee was reduced by 50% which helped, but still we were not overly happy to pay it. I am worried from the comments below that when we send NCD proof you will contest this and charge more fees! I am very pleased to see the claims are handled elsewhere... But when I checked this I was again made to feel an idiot, as you are of course a broker and so of course you don't handle claims - these can be outsourced by the Insurer and some brokers are quite hands on so I thought I would query it. In summary a few of these reviews fill me with hope, but I would like our experience so far to be addressed.... I await your further contact."
"It was a real pain trying to get Grove and Dean to accept my no claim bonus although I provided them with proof/details. I am not at all happy with them."
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"The insurance has been very good and no problem whatsoever"
(Car Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
"phoned with a question and got an quick and good reply."
(Motorbike Insurance) - Posted 1 year ago
Hi John;

It's great to hear that we could be of help when dealing with your queries, it's great to hear the positive feedback also.

Best Regards;

Grove & Dean
"Very good insurance, good price had all what I wanted"
Hi Paul;

Thank you for the positive feedback it's greatly appreciated. It's good to hear that you're happy with the service and that we could find you a competitive quotation too.

Kind Regards;