Grove & Dean Private Clients Reviews

of reviewers recommend Grove & Dean Private Clients
4.4
Based on 857 reviews
Read Grove & Dean Private Clients Reviews
Keeps autorenewing without consent. Poor customer service.
Worst insurance I have dealt with in 42 years
Bunch of rude, pushy crooks. Never again! Avoid.
After my car breaking down, I was left waiting for half an hour on the phone, until I could speak to someone about it. Pressing the phone number one, as directed, in the message, to inform of location did not work. This has to be the worst breakdown service, I have ever received in my life.
Appeared to be a good Broker for the first year i insured through them, however: 1. they assumed i wanted to continue insuring through them for the following 12 months and automatically the took the insurance premium from my bank account. (£213.00) 2. Two weeks later they advised me that the insurance did not want to insure me for the next 12months and i had 7 days to find an alternate insurer. 3. When i asked for the insurance premium back they said that it wpould be atleast 30 days before a refund would be given and it would be subject to standard cancellation fees. (NOTE. it wasn't me who concelled the policy). 4. A further 2 weeks and i was advised that the refund would only be £73.00 due to their admin chargers for setting up the policy, then the cancellation charge for cancelling the policy then the pro-rata value for the actual insurance cover for a 3 week period. So its actually cost me £140.00 for 3 weeks insurance which i didn't ask for and its now been 6 weeks since they took the £213 out of my account and i still haven't seen £72 refund. Absolutely shocking and discusting treatment, STAY WELL AWAY FROM GROVE AND DEAN!!!
You will have extra charges. Do not get any dates wrong, even by a few months because you will owe them hundreds. If you change details or cancel, you will owe them hundreds. They don’t care about customers, they just want your money. Wish I checked the reviews first. Cheapest on comparison sites does not mean good. STAY AWAY FROM THESE ROBBERS
Failed to send my documents in spite of several phone calls asking for them.
Just moved my campervan from PE19 to SG7, only to be told this is a higher risk area. Was charged an extra £104 over and above my existing £5xx cost, despite PE19 being just sitting on my front drive, and the SG7 adress a secure club storage area with 24/7 security, CCTV, two barrier passes etc. The excuse I was given was postcode, but I just checked on https://www.theclayclothcompany.co.uk/car-insurance-post-code-ratings.html, both postcodes A-rated. I think I've been lied to by G&D. Have I? I'll amend this rating if I'm convinced otherwise.
Been waiting weeks for refund it only takes minutes to refund not weeks only reason I gave one star is because there is no option to give less
we are like many others , not useing our car . you still have charged us top money for our car insurence , maybe you should explain this . to all your customers
Waited 13 months for a portal even asked 3 times. Guess what still waiting
Cancel before the start date and within 14 days. But was charged £60 admin fees
Terrible they ask for one price then after the insurance is paid after a few days they tell me they want another £50 on top ridiculous
We asked when first taking this policy out not to be automatically renew. The adviser who was very helpful advised this was the case and also no marketing material. We noticed money had gone out of our account and when we contacted them they said it’s in our t&cs that we renew. Well to me that’s not exceptable and we did request not to auto renew. Will never recommend your company.
I think it’s disgusting that you have to pay £10 for any modifications on your policy. When I took the policy out I told the operative that the car had a private plate and that I would have to change it when the new reg was issued. I was told no problem. Then 2 weeks later I’m Told I have to pay to do it. Terrible. As I said on the phone there goes your renewal next year. £10 to A company this size is nothing and the good will it could buy you is massive. Very very short sighted.
Zero communication, not following up. Poor customer service. Unable to provide a resolution. Will not be renewing again.
This agent advertises they cover if your car is hit by uninsured driver but this is not true. Very disappointed that things stated on website were not true and adviser did not clarify.
Money wasnt taken timely on first month had to keep calling to chase, now its going out a month into policy due to issues your end.
I recently renewed my van insurance with G&D (£233) and a week later i unexpectedly changed my vehicle. I contacted G&D to notify them that i had changed from a VW Lt35 van to a Ford Transit van the operator requested a further £212 in addition to what i had already paid. I thought this was unacceptable and asked them to cancel my current policy and i would take out insurance elsewhere, i was told that my refund would be £146 absolute robbery. Never again will i insure with Grove & Dean. Incidentally the gentleman i bought the Ford transit from told me his insurance company charged him £25 for changing his Ford Transit insurance to Mercedes Sprinter.
Completely wrong information key cover was told key cover lost key need to pay excess and it goes down has a fault and it took 5days to speak to the right department please b careful for add ons get all the information before buying insurance
Grove & Dean Private Clients is rated 4.36 based on 857 reviews