Friars.co.uk Reviews

of reviewers recommend Friars.co.uk
customer service
Read Friars.co.uk Reviews

About Friars.co.uk:

Friars is a family business specialising in luxury chocolate and unique gifts. Since 1927 the business has evolved from a gift shop/cafe to a specialist chocolate and gift store.

Our online business was launched in 2010 and more recently we have opened a second ‘Ye Olde Friars’ high street store in Ambleside to support our flagship store in Keswick.

Our gifts are designed in house so you will not find them anywhere else. We want to make it easy for you to be original, so you can give gifts that taste and look amazing and will be remembered.

We love new products (perhaps because we get bored easily!), so every Valentines, Easter, Summer, Halloween and Christmas we launch a new range. It certainly keeps us entertained and hopefully our customers interested.

Tell us how Friars.co.uk made you happy
I think there expensive 4.50 for 6 chocolates and then pksage on top of thar
Hello Joseph,
I'm sorry that you find our chocolates to be too expensive. We try to keep our prices competitive but I will pass on your comments to the team.
Friars Customer Service
Wasnt too impressed with the taste, great presentation, postage and packaging though.
Can't say what it tastes like as it is a Christmas gift
Chocolate arrived and the packaging was not great . Box was all squashed
Hello,
I'm sorry that the box your order was packaged inside was damaged on arrival. We try our best to ensure our products are packed adequately to ensure the products inside are well protected as we have no control over how our parcels are handled once they leave us for delivery.
Friars Customer Service
The quality of the chocolate was pretty good, but the addition of the prosecco and champagne flavours kind of ruined it for me! A hazelnut praline would be great, or salted caramel, rum and raisin; I kind of expected to see these in a truffle advent calendar - not a jellied ginger or any fondant chocolates. I think it’d be great if we could choose the contents.
Hello,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the Advent calendar you purchased from us and the chocolates weren't to your liking.
I will pass on your feedback to the design team but unfortunately, it is unlikely that an option to select the the contents would be possible.
Friars Customer Service
Purchase is for a Xmas present so haven't tried the actual sweets. Delivery was prompt and it was well packed, I was quite disappointed at how small it was and therefore I think it was quite expensive so I would not buy again.
Hello Vanda,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed by the price of the product you ordered from us. We try to ensure that our customers are fully aware of what they are purchasing by listing the weights and/or quantities of the product supplied on our website listings.
Friars Customer Service
Advertised as fruit jellies with fruit juice. It was more like fruit jellies with fruit mush
Hello Alison,
I'm sorry that the New Berry fruit jewels weren't to your liking. The original New Berry fruits have been discontinued and the fruit jewels are in place of them. They are a softer texture to the originals and no longer contain the liquid centre.
Friars Customer Service
unable to post a review as this was purchased as a gift for someone else - sorry
Pleased over all with product except PlayStation controls cracked .just one of them .
Hello Christine,
I'm sorry that one of your items was broken on arrival. I will ensure that a replacement is sent out today and pass on your feedback to the packing team to make them aware of the issue you have highlighted.
Friars Customer Service
Very dissapointed at the size of the bars of chocolate one bar was snapped inside not happy really the post man posted it through the door
Hello Lynne,
I'm sorry that one of your items was broken on arrival. I will send out a replacement bar for you today on a first class service and pass on your feedback to the packing team to make them aware of the issue you have highlighted.
Friars Customer Service
Fast delivery but the product is over priced.
Hello Kelly,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the price of the product you ordered from us. We include the weight and number of jars on our website listing but if you wish to return the item to us for a refund, you can do so.
Friars Customer Service
I received my order of chocolate daffodils very quickly which was great and they were all packaged well, however, quite a few of them had little bits of chocolate that had chipped off so they weren't in perfect condition which was a shame.
Hello Laura,
I'm sorry that your order didn't arrive in the condition we would expect it to and we always like to know of any damages during the delivery process.
Please contact us directly to let us know how many of the items were damaged and we will replace them for you.
Friars Customer Service
Disappointed at the quantity for the price, esp as it’s a gift for my husbands Christmas, taking advantage of buying a treat for a diabetic.
Hello Linda,
I'm sorry you were disappointed with the chocolates you purchased from us. We try to provide our customers with a clear insight into our products by including full details of the weights and quantities in our website listings. I will, however pass on your feedback to the website team.
Friars Customer Service
Ordered 24 violet creams (my sisters favourites) received mixed box of violet and rose creams. Let’s hope she likes the rose creams too. Shame as the order came quickly and well packed.
Hello Audrey,
I'm sorry that you were sent the wrong item after you placed an order with us and for the disappointment caused by this error.
I will resend the correct item for you today via first class post along with a prepaid returns label for you to return the incorrect item at your convenience.
Please accept our apologies for the disappointment caused by this error and I will pass on your feedback to the packing team to ensure this mistake doesn't happen again.
Friars Customer Service
Good product but really slow shipping. Missed birthday as a result, disappointed.
Hello Andrew,
I'm sorry that your order didn't arrive in time for you to give as a gift.
I have looked into your order details and as your order was placed on a Saturday it was dispatched on the following Monday as stated in the terms and conditions on our website. The standard delivery option can take 2-5 working days and your order was delivered within this time frame.
If you wish to return the items to us, please contact us directly and we will advise you on how to do this.
Friars Customer Service
Vegan chocolate selection too sweet. They are like American candy chocolate, like a Hershey bar. Not for me
Hello,
I'm sorry that you didn't enjoy the vegan chocolates you ordered from us. Our chocolates may not be suited to every palate due to the ingredients used in the production of our vegan chocolates.
I will, however, pass on your feedback to the chocolatier.
Friars Customer Service
Items were as requested and was initially delighted but on closer inspection the expiry dates on some items were very short and will not be able to use as gifts.
Hello,
I'm sorry that you were disappointed with the items you purchased from us.
On looking into your order, there are some items which have a shorter shelf life due to the nature of the product and this is detailed in the item description on our website.
If you could contact us directly to let us know which products are short dated, we can arrange for replacement items to be sent out wherever possible.
Friars Customer Service
The chocolates and advent calendar are a xmas gift and a gift for beginning of December, so no chocolate has been eaten yet, so not able to give you a real review, i have filled in the stars randomly as the written review unable to be sent without, the gifts are for someone else. However I can say they did arrive quickly and were well packaged and the advent looked lovely.
Delighted with the vegan chocolates available at Friars, but the high postage costs may well be a deterrent to buying more in the future or recommending it to vegan friends, which is a shame. The postage cost more than the item that I wanted.
Hello,
We're glad that you enjoyed our vegan chocolates. The postage costs are monitored on a regular basis so that we remain competitive with other online retailers. Our postage costs are set per order, rather than per item and we will continue to monitor our costs so as to provide value for money.
Friars Customer Service
Up till now your deliveries came in an envelope that the post man could push through our letterbox however this recent delivery was in a small cardboard box which would not go through the letterbox and as we were out I had to make a 5 mile round trip to pick up the box from the sorting office. Could you go back to envelopes for our next order
Hello Kerr,
I'm sorry that your parcel wasn't able to be delivered through your letterbox as usual. For the items you order, they should have been packed into an envelope as with previous orders and I will make sure that this error doesn't happen again.
Friars.co.uk is rated 4.79 based on 4,174 reviews