Farrar & Tanner Reviews

of reviewers recommend Farrar & Tanner
Read Farrar & Tanner Reviews

About Farrar & Tanner:

Based in the regency town of Cheltenham Spa, Farrar & Tanner procure bespoke, traditionally crafted gifts for men. Combining a history of blacksmith and iron work with a leather crafting heritage, Farrar & Tanner are driven by exceptional quality of materials, design and craftsmanship. A luxurious, practical collection of men's accessories, available for personalisation by their skilled team of engravers and leather embossers.

matt@outdoor365.co.uk

Kimberly van Tongeren
Farrar & Tanner 5 star review on 18th March 2020
Sandra Rosie
More Photos & Videos
The item is great quality but unfortunately came scuffed and damage and it was a Father’s Day present!!
I bought a whittling knife as a Present for Father’s Day, I paid extra for engraving. I was a bit disappointed when it came that the engraving is on the side of the handle with all the branding on, meaning that my little girls dad didn’t even realise it was engraved. The other side of the handle is totally bare, why would it have been done on that side? It’s not something that can be proudly displayed as intended.
Such a shame because everything else is just perfect.
The razor we bought was beautifully packaged and the name engraving was lovely. The razor was visually great, however you have focused too much on the aesthetics of the razor and not the functionality of it needing to actually be functioning effectively as a razor. The razor only has one blade on it, which we did not realise upon purchase, and as a result has cut my husbands face while using it. The razor will now, consequently not be used.
Was happy with F&T and delivery times but knives were blunt when they arrived which wasn't very impressive when F&T claimed they RRP at £160
The product was as described and arrived in good time (under the present circumstances)
However was not happy with customer services when I tried to get in touch!!
Perhaps I didn't read the website correctly, but when I purchased the item I thought it was made in the UK. I would not have purchased the item if I knew it was made in China.
Quite a nice glass although the finishing where the join between glass and pewter isn't very pretty.
fix that and it would be another couple of stars. Shame.
Fast delivery to NZ. The hip flask was well presented in a gift box, and quality of pewter product was good. Personalised engraving was good, although I would've preferred a 'stamped' look into the metal, and had emailed asking about this but did not receive a reply. I was disappointed with the quality of the leather, as I was expecting a really good quality leather, but it was more of a thin leather lining. And the funnel quality was made of terrible plastic. Overall I was happy with the actual hip flask itself, and the option of engraving was fantastic.
Don’t remember what I brought.
Oh yes. A trug.
Yes it arrived quickly, not too much packaging and was ....
fine.
Very good delivery service, although I did opt for and pay for it. Disappointed with the quality of the product but didn’t have time to send it back as was gifting it a couple of days later. I bought an expensive chrome plated pocket watch for my fiancé for his birthday, which is for him to wear to our wedding next month, so it was quite upsetting to find the chrome on the front is pitted in places. Quality review of product by your staff was missing. Won’t be purchasing from you again, I don’t even think the value should be half the price of what I paid for the quality you send out. But then that’s the bad part of buying online, you don’t get to see what you’re buying until it arrives, still shame on you F&T for selling below quality items.
Dear Tanya,
Sorry to hear that your product was not up to standard this sounds disappointing especially as it was for a wedding. Had you called us to let us know we could have sent out a replacement for you. Alternatively we you can send back to us for a full refund. Many thanks.
Matt
Poor delivery, nice product.
Hi, I'm glad you liked the product - I'm sorry you were not happy with the delivery. We've got the order as being placed late afternoon on Monday, dispatched on Tuesday and delivered on Thursday morning in Dublin, which looks like all went well from this end, I may have missed something? Please do let us know if all is not well. Best wishes, Jude
I was a bit disappointed with this. I ordered a bottle of wine in a personalised box. I had a problem with the website which wouldn’t allow me to set out the inscription as I wanted so I rang and was assured they would do it as I requested However none of my requests were met. Also the lid of the box was damaged and I didn’t have time to get another one. On the whole disappointed
Not the best service overall
compounded by the fact that my recipient had a redirection in place that I was unaware of ,the gift was in any case late in arriving
I had to pay an extra £5.95 for gift wrapping to ensure a gift card was included , that isn’t stated on the website .
Chasing up the late delivery I was given misinformation by customer service which meant that the 2nd parcel they sent out ( to replace the first) didn’t go as promised and was again late
After complaining I have been given a £20 credit to use in any of this companies other businesses
Given that the majority are linked to outdoor pursuits I did not feel that was appropriate , however the MD of the company did and he advised that the company was already standing the cost of the return postage on the first missing item
Rather missing the point there I think ....
It is a Christmas present so not known if recipient will be happy
Thought packaging could have been a little more protective
The belt was good quality with a nice non shiny buckle - some concerns that it may be too wide for trouser loops, but just fitted, would have been good to have known width as well as length. The belt arrived very quickly, however, it was folded in half in a jiffy type bag....why did they not roll the belt and put into a smaller bag, which would have meant that it would not have a heavy fold half way down the item?
This was bought as a gift and as yet has not been opened. Will let you know once the birthday boy has opened it and tries it out on Sunday!!!
I bought a set of sabatier kitchen knives. They were delivered on time and securely wrapped. The knives are very light weight. The only down sound is the personalised inscription is tiny. Needs to be bigger font and in black against the stainless steel background.
Hi There,

I am happy to hear you are satisfied with the product and that it arrived on time.

I am sorry the engraving was not as big as you expected.
We have standard size of the engraving on this item.

You could have returned this to us to be redone for your as we do offer Free return service for 60days from purchasing a product.

Kind Regards,

Sabina
Arrived really quickly, item as described but was disappointed with the presentation box it came in and managed to cut myself on the small nail which stops the box from opening
The personalised presentation box made the difference, a really nice touch. Would have got 5 stars but the express delivery I payed for (as it was a birthday present) did not materialise. It didn’t arrive in time. Apart from that a lovely gift
I ordered a set of 4 engraved steak knives for my husband as an anniversary gift.

The knives themselves are very nice quality. However, they had very obvious fingerprints on the metal (presumably where the person had removed them to engrave) they also were loose from their housing in the box so I had to replace them properly before wrapping.

The box itself was a little bashed. Overall shoddy appearance on arrival.

Polished them up and straightened the box so it was ok in the end.
Farrar & Tanner is rated 4.81 based on 1,913 reviews