Farrar & Tanner Reviews

of reviewers recommend Farrar & Tanner
Read Farrar & Tanner Reviews

About Farrar & Tanner:

Based in the regency town of Cheltenham Spa, Farrar & Tanner procure bespoke, traditionally crafted gifts for men. Combining a history of blacksmith and iron work with a leather crafting heritage, Farrar & Tanner are driven by exceptional quality of materials, design and craftsmanship. A luxurious, practical collection of men's accessories, available for personalisation by their skilled team of engravers and leather embossers.

matt@outdoor365.co.uk

Kimberly van Tongeren
Farrar & Tanner 5 star review on 18th March 2020
Sandra Rosie
More Photos & Videos
Goods ordered 1 June, e mail received to say goods on the way 1-2 week ago. Phoned today 22 June as still not received. Advised Royal Mail "lost the parcel". Now being sorted. Ordered before and been ok but poor on this occasion. Now promised this week but lets see, without chasing delivery would have been over a month if at all ? E mail questionnaire received to get feedback on goods but cannot comment as not received yet ! Birthday presents for my wife not received and ordered in plenty of time, rant over.
Very pleased with the chess set I ordered as a special gift. It came well packaged and very promptly.
I am not happy at all. I order something for my husbands 40th birthday when it arrived it was not exactly what i ordered, i set it back by DHL that cost me €75. they received it on the 8th May and as of today i STILL have not gotten it back. I was told it was sent back on the 15th May then i was told it was never sent and last week Courtney our CS told me he would send it by end of day Wednesday, on Friday another customer service rep told me that it was not send out at all and she would send it the next day. No surprise it was not sent until Monday. And now the tracking details that i had to email three times to get dont work. Not happy at all.
Hi Elena, Im really sorry for the problems you have had with your order, and we have tried our best to resolve the issues you have had. I do feel that we need to clarify the process as we have tried to the best of our endevaours during the current Covid 19 crisis.
Firstly you ordered a pocket watch which we delivered in good time. However you felt it should have been engraved, which wasn't on the order. As we process hundreds of engraved orders every day this is a unique issue, where the engraving instruction is not pushed through. You then sent the watch back to us, with a request for engraving but no instuctions on font, or message. We have then contacted you on several occasions to enquire what engraving is needed, and font type. On tracking your delivery date is 4th June.

Im really sorry that you didnt get the item on time, we are seeing some delays on Irish orders in particular and that you didnt feel our service was a good as it should be.

Many thanks - Matt Farrar
I never recieved my order.
I bought a pair of secateurs which broke on first use, I have since being trying to get in touch but to no joy. I’ve sent 4 unanswered emails. Very unsatisfied.
I bought some gardening gloves from my Farrar and Tanner after searching for male gardening gifts.
I ordered medium for my dad as a birthday gift.
They were small and flimsy.
When he tried to put one on it tore at the seam, they fit my mum.
I maybe should have ordered large but guidance wasn't clear and the main problem was the quality.
I tried to phone customer service; no answer.
I tried to email; also no response.

Overall very poor.
Ordered a set of knives, wrong set arrived, (Cheaper set) tried to call customer services, but just rang out.
Won’t be purchasing from this company again.
The plaque for the box fell off when the present was opened and had to be glued back on. It was a present and was embarrassing to watch as the plaque was not attached properly when the present was opened.
Disappointed with the time it took to receive my item, it was pushed behind my bin! I had to do all the chasing, and was offered a £60 refund, and that took lots of emails,expected better service, especially as this was a wedding gift for my husband, I contacted the supposed manager and received not one apology !!
Hi Joanna, We have records of 14 emails, please could you specify which response we have missed. We had some delivery issues with Royal Mail on your order, where the postman delivered the parcel to you, but left outdoors and didnt leave a card to notify you. By way of an apology for the inconvenience caused by this we have refunded £60 to your bank card. Many thanks - Matt
Placement of name plaque was embarrassing bad. Like as if it was threw at the box by a child in a tantrum. Have reported this to farrar and tanner on 2 separate emails and have heard nothing back on either occasion. So I guess once sold, that’s it as far as customer service is concerned.
Dear Pat,

I'm sorry to hear that the plaque was not positioned correctly. I'm also a little concerned that we don't appear to have received your email, if you do get chance I'd appreciate knowing which email address you were using so that I can check why. However, at this point my main concern is to make sure you are happy with your purchase. You can return the board using our free returns service and we can replace it for you, or we can send a new plaque if you prefer to position it yourself. The board can be returned using the link below: https://www.farrar-tanner.co.uk/returns-warranties-i53

Best wishes, Jude
The coaster is a bit smaller than I expected and I would have liked the engraving to be larger as it’s small type.
Ordered a set of engraved gifts to be delivered in time for a wedding to give my ushers. Order didn't turn up and no outreach from the company at all. The day after my wedding I got a call saying that they needed to verify I had placed the order because some 3rd-party database they use had tagged my address, email and phone number as likely to be fraudulent. I have never encountered any issue with any company ordering to my address, and I wasn't even asked to provide any proof of anything on the phone, so if it was a dodgy order that would be terrible security! Anyway, that was the first and last time I'll order from these folks - can't rely on them clearly.
Hi. I received my parcel and it was damaged so I had to send it back. It is a Christmas present for my partner so I really hope I get the exchange I asked for before Christmas seeing as the damaged parcel was not my fault. One this has taken place I will of course be happy to write a review. Many thanks. Tash Castle.
Item never received
Hi Lesley, the item was missing in transit. We did offer to upgrade your product to a different one, however you chose a full refund which was processed instantly. Many thanks.
Your response time over email is too slow - I didn't receive a reply about my tracking information before AFTER I had received my package / order. (Unacceptable)

Regarding the package itself; the lable on the bottle was damaged when I recieved it, and your so-called "Premium box" feels and looks cheap.

Lastly your shipping methods are WAAAAAY too slow, the fact the your expedited shipping cannot even guarantee a weeks delivery, is just terrible. I think you should find a different company to handle your international shipping.

I really wanted to give you a good review, but I am really disappointed with my experience. And it's not just Farrar & Tanner, it was the same experience with www.multi-tool-store.co.uk....just seems like it will be the same experience at any place related to Outdoor365.

I have given you this feedback before, going as far back as last year, and it seems like you have done NOTHING to improve...well anything really...so it is clearly a management issue.
Dear Morten,

I’m so sorry you were not able to give us a good review and feel disappointed in our service. With regard to delivery internationally it’s a balance between keeping both the cost of delivery and time it takes to deliver acceptable, we could deliver a little quicker using an expedited service but due the weight of some items, the cost becomes prohibitive. Please be assured that we are now looking into alternatives for international delivery. We were slow responding to your email as it was a Bank Holiday weekend here in the UK but I was pleased to read that your order arrived on 4th before we responded, which actually is within expected delivery times as your order was placed on 29 May and shipped on 30 May, arriving shortly after.

I’m really sorry you didn’t like the premium wine gift box. I’ll contact you by email to see if there’s anything we can do to rectify this. We’ve recently moved from having a silk lining in the box in favour of more eco friendly packaging and we now use straw to pack the wine rather than bubble wrap, perhaps along with transit this has led to damage on the label – the packaging material is fairly new to us and whilst we don’t seem to have had any problems, we haven’t yet shipped many internationally. Please do look out for my email and I hope we can persuade you to give us another chance.

Best wishes, Jude
Farrar & Tanner Customer Services
It took them a week to deliver the item I had ordered and paid extra postage to be delivered within 1 to 3 days. I did get a refund of the postage and even the day they said they will deliver was a false promise.
Hi Jasvinder,

As this was an alcohol product you ordered , we could not processes the order before making sure that you were over 18 which has been explained to you in the email.
I am sorry that this got delayed due to not having the information but I hope you understand that as responsible retailers we are required by law to follow a strict
age verification process when selling bladed/alcohol products.

We do apologise for the inconvenience this might have caused.

Kind Regards,

Sabina
My item arrived incorrectly and I have written to customer service twice and had no response
Hi Christine,

I am sorry the item was not what you expected.
We have tried to get in touch with you via email.

If you could let us know, how you would like us to proceed, that would be great.

Kind Regards,

Sabina
Not received gift so no comment! Delivery useless.
Hi Jacqeline, we deliver with Royal Mail, please find tracking information and comment on tracking below. If there is anything we can help with further please let us know:

Tracking no. 32026300000007F0D2BA2
As requested by the recipient, we're holding this item at Cranbrook DO.

Updated on: Saturday 22 December
02:16pm
Item Retention
Cranbrook DO
I havnt received my product yet?
HI Mark,

As discussed when you contacted us. We resent this item on Special delivery. From the tracking I can see that Royal mail have tried to deliver.
It is now ready for collection from your local post office.

Many Thanks,

Sabina
The watch I bought seems to be of good quality and the delivery was absolutely on time.
Unfortunately the ordered engravement seems to get lost during the order process (technical problem with the online shop?).
Now I have a watch without engravement which should have been a gift, and I have to send it back on my own costs to get the engravement done for an extra fee.
Farrar & Tanner is rated 4.81 based on 1,905 reviews