Farrar & Tanner Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Farrar & Tanner

About Farrar & Tanner: Based in the regency town of Cheltenham Spa, Farrar & Tanner procure bespoke, traditionally crafted gifts for men. Combining a history of blacksmith and iron work with a leather crafting heritage, Farrar & Tanner are driven by exceptional quality of materials, design and craftsmanship. A luxurious, practical collection of men's accessories, available for personalisation by their skilled team of engravers and leather embossers.

matt@outdoor365.co.uk

Tell us how Farrar & Tanner made you happy

"I tried to buy a Backgammon board to take with me to Thailand for my son's Christmas present but I had to return it as the quality of the fittings on the box- hinges and fastening were very very shoddy, poor and cheap compared to the wood of the box. There wasn't time for a replacement and I didn't trust it would be any better. I will not be using you again."
"I purchased this item (an engraved backgammon set) as a wedding gift for my sister. The only positive thing I can say about the order is that the engraving was as I had hoped for. However, my order arrived both damaged and covered in dust and dirt - presumably from the engraving process? Having spent over £160 on a wedding gift, I didn't expect to have to give it a thorough cleaning. Regardless, as the inner settings of the backgammon board were also damaged, I have returned the item and though the Royal Mail tracking indicates that it arrived back with the seller 4 days ago, I have yet to receive the refund I requested. Exceedingly disappointed with the service and hard image that I would contemplate buying from Farrar & Tanner again."
HI Titus, We have refunded your item in full, apologies that the product wasnt up to scratch. Rest assured we have taken the issue up both with our despatch team and the manufacturer to ensure this doesnt happen again.

Many thanks

Matt
"Item damaged - dented, scratched and badly finished REturned item but having to wait until item is returned to distributor before receiving replacement Returned item same day as received but still not received a replacement or update"
"I went to collect my parcel from Fulham Delivery Office and found that the handle of the Sabatier cast iron frying pan had broken off entirely - presumably in transit and I assume that it was not packaged securely. I have returned the frying pan to Farrar & Tanner at a considerable cost to myself and I am hoping that that money will be refunded to me. I await results with interest."
Hi Fiona, We have despatched a replacement to you. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
"I purchased a champagne bath for a wedding present which arrived in a scratched, bashed and marked box. I asked for it to be wrapped too, but I had to take the wrapping off as it was poorly wrapped. Luckily I did take the wrapping off, otherwise I would not have seen the presentation box. I then requested a new box, but this arrived in a similarly bashed condition. They now do not have anymore boxes, so I am left with no box for the wedding present. Although they were apologetic, that didn't sort out my problem so I now have a champagne bath without a box, and having spent hours on the internet looking for one of similar size I have failed! Not impressed"
Hi Claire, firstly apologies that we werent able to resolve the box issue you had on the champagne bath, despite sending out a replacement which also arrived damaged. We are looking into why this happened and sourcing new boxes to transport larger goods like this. Thanks Matt
Apologies for your product not arriving in perfect condition. On larger items such as this we have upgraded our packaging to prevent any damage in transit. Many thanks
"Still not received my delivery. Ordered express deliver (1-2 days) for a wedding present last weekend 16th dec. it is now 20th dec and still not received my parcel. Shocking order FT4597"
Hi Simon, Apologies for the delay in you recieving your order. This was despatched via Royal Mail, however it would seem there was a delay with them processing the delivery. If you would like to return using our free 60 day returns service we can process the refund in full. Thanks Matt
"I was horrified when receiving my order to find that the box was terribly made . The latch was hanging off with a screw missing , all of the screws were loose and the lid didn’t even line up with the box when closed . I have attempted to email the company with supporting images and had my emails returned every time as it seems their email system can’t handle anything with an image attached ! I will most definitely not be using this company again"
"Item completely broken when it arrived. Emailed regarding this twice and have had no response! Item was bubble wrapped when sent and it's an item that could get damaged. Terrible service."
Dear Sarah,
Sorry to hear that your item has arrived broken, we have sent a replacement out on express delivery for you.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Apologies we have no way to contact you as you have not left a name or order number. You can reach us in the week on 0844 5678 365 or email sales@farrar-tanner.co.uk
"Ordered my item with a next day before 1 delivery postage option and it still hadnt arrived 3 days later. it was a present for my husband (we got married Friday) and ironically it was a pocket watch inscribed 'don't be late' Very disappointed with the service. And I still haven't recieved my postage for next day delivery refund. Probably wouldn't buy from here again .."
Hi Hayley, Apologies for the delay with your order, a delivery was attempted on 15th September, and the item was returned to the Post Office depot. We also refunded your next day delivery fee on the same day so this should be in your account. Sorry that you didnt recieve the item on time, however and if we can do anything more please call us on 01242 698987.
Farrar & Tanner is rated 4.77 based on 567 reviews