Farrar & Tanner Reviews

of reviewers recommend Farrar & Tanner
Read Farrar & Tanner Reviews

About Farrar & Tanner:

Based in the regency town of Cheltenham Spa, Farrar & Tanner procure bespoke, traditionally crafted gifts for men. Combining a history of blacksmith and iron work with a leather crafting heritage, Farrar & Tanner are driven by exceptional quality of materials, design and craftsmanship. A luxurious, practical collection of men's accessories, available for personalisation by their skilled team of engravers and leather embossers.

matt@outdoor365.co.uk

Kimberly van Tongeren
Farrar & Tanner 5 star review on 18th March 2020
Sandra Rosie
More Photos & Videos
I was really disappointed in the packaging used, the box was too small for the kneeling pad that I ordered and it was bent up at the end and squashed into the box. Such a shame as the product itself was lovely quality, but has been mis shapen due to poor care taken when packing.
I'm not really able to respond, I've still haven't had my purchase although I paid for it quite some time ago.
More precisely, my original order did arrive quite promptly. I was a little disappointed with it straight out of the box because it didn't look or feel like a quality item. In addition it was marked.
Sending it back was no problem and they are good at getting back to you, but I'm still waiting for the replacement despite a polite reminder.
My advice would be if you're of that generation that is prepared to spend a bit more to buy an item once take a very good look at the product that interests you and don't need to get it replaced in good time.
I placed my order on Thursday 16th April and had a dispatch confirmation on Saturday 18th April, today is Sunday 26th April and i still haven't received my order, this is not acceptable even in the current circumstances.
I am yet to receive my order
Many thanks for your enquiry.

Due to the current situation with Coronavirus we are aware that there are some moderate delays on some services, this is mainly on a local level with courier staff absences, due to illness and self isolation.

We are still despatching same day on all services, including personalised items for any orders placed by 2pm, excluding weekends.

If we could ask for your patience at this time, it is highly likely that your package has been delayed slightly and should be with you soon.

Many thanks and stay safe.
I cannot write a review as my order was sent to the wrong address.. I think this was guess morebto pay pal messing it up.. however I have been assured that it's been sent back and I will receive it once returned.. well I hope so.
I had paid £135 for it! I thought it would have been a larger size Ie equivalent to the one we had as children and that it would be high end quality. No it wasn’t and when I looked on Amazon I could have bought it for approx £45.
Dear Anne,

I'm sorry it wasn't as expected. Details of how to return the item for a full refund are below:

Customer Services
Very pleased with item I bought. Promptly dispatched despite having engraving on the wooden box. Disappointed that box had sellotape on, however, which has now left a sticky mess. Hoping it will come off without leaving a mark, as it is a present.Might be worth noting so others don’t have same problem.
Disappointed with purchase, product looks cheap and not worth the money paid.
Great idea, great packaging,nice box BUT the counters and chess pieces were appallingly made and not acceptable.
Dear Caroline,

We have a free returns service - we can exchange or refund your purchase. In your return please let us know which you'd prefer. https://www.farrar-tanner.co.uk/returns-warranties-i53

Best wishes, Jude
Disappointing lack of flexibility on number of characters allowed for engraving.
The actual product was exactly as ordered however, upon delivery the product packaging was all damaged and the knife protector was removed when received and the knife blade had big fingerprints all over. As this was a gift it was very disappointing due to the person knowing what the parcel was before they’d even opened it. I also paid for special delivery on this item for it to just be damaged.
Purchasing was a simple process but delivery is still waiting! Told house was unattended and card through letterbox! In both cases incorrect and still waiting on delivery! Unlikely to use company again
Not happy with the printing on my product, but no time to return the product I need it for a presentation of someone leaving
Dear Mandy,

I'm sorry to hear you are not happy with the printing - is there anything we can do now to rectify it? If you'd like to contact us we can arrange to have it done again for your recipient?

Customer Services
Ordered with guaranteed next day delivery for Father’s Day. Should have arrived on the Friday but it never came. Customer services were helpful but not open until the Monday so no Father’s Day gift for my hubby. I was pretty raging but customer services sent a new one and refunded the postage and the actual item was lovely, hence why not 1 Star.
I had to order over the phone in the end due to the fact I wanted the engraving a certain way. After discussing this with the customer service representative, that was really helpful, I thought that it would be ok and he had understood what was needed. However once it had arrived, it wasn't done correctly and due to the time frame and it being a present, I didn't have time to return it.
I ordered a pair of engraved silver cufflinks. When they arrived they were badly scratched & the engraving was not centralised.

Also, before ordering I had to contact customer services as the website did not include all of the size information that I needed.

Overall, not a great experience. However when I contacted to complain about the quality of the cufflinks Sophie was very quick to respond and helpful.
Hi Jan Apologies for the issues with your cufflink order, we have resolved now for you and hope you are happy with the new set. Thanks
Happy with product received. Disappointed with your carrier. My expected parcel was delivered to the wrong address. I did eventually receive it. Juring the procedure to pay for your product, via, your website, I was not given any directions as to where your carrier should deliver the parcel. You need to seriously look at this. If you wish to sell your products online. Martin Wild
Hi Martin
We use Royal Mail for most of our deliveries, as we have found them to be the most effective and although we have occasional issues for the most part they are the most effective courier.

Thanks
Matt
I placed my order on 9th of January and have not received the goods. I ordered these as a birthday gift and would not have done so if the site had indicated a minimum 10 day lead time. I have never experienced such a lead time from any other supplier. I contacted Farrar and asked to chase and Sophie advised the rediculous lead time. I expressed disappointment and did not receive a response. I will not use Farrar again, and will not recommend. Customer service is poor.
Hi Bernadette, Apologies for the delay in getting your items, we have has some issues with deliveries to Ireland through our international carrier. We have extended the delivery window now, and are looking at alternative providers for our international service.
Poor packaging and barely visible engraving.
Bought an expensive Edwin Jagger shaver and shaving brush as a gift for my partner.
The box it arrived in was completely damaged, crushed, creased and torn.
The so called engraving on the item was barely visible. It was minuscule and very faintly printed on as opposed to being incised into the item. Only visible under very close inspection under bright light. Very disappointed.
Hi Cindy, Sorry to hear you were not happy with the quality of the engraving on the gift you purchased. If you'd like we can send out a replacement to you with a returns label to return the item. You can contact me directly on 0844 5678 365 or matt@outdoor365.co.uk
Although the product was lovely, the promised guaranteed next week day by 1pm delivery was not successful. When calling to discover what went wrong I was told not only was it not possible to achieve on a Monday but also the despatch email I had received was in fact untrue, and my product was still in the warehouse. This too was standard procedure according to the gentleman I spoke to. This was then compounded by no reply when I emailed customer service to discuss the 2 lies I had been told.
Hi Will, Our premium next week day service is for next working or week day, for all orders made before 2pm. As you ordered on Friday afternoon the item was sent on Monday for Tuesday delivery. This should have been shown in the delivery window in your basket. Thanks Matt
Farrar & Tanner is rated 4.81 based on 1,880 reviews