Farmison & Co Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend Farmison & Co

About Farmison & Co: Farmison & Co have one simple mission, to help the nation to Eat Better Meat. Purveyors of Heritage British Rare & Native Breed Meat. Fresh from the Dales To Your Door. Widest range of breeds and cuts in Britain.

care@farmison.com

10 Charter Road

Tell us how Farmison & Co made you happy

customer service
Graham H
"Great communications; brilliant meat; website needs improvement."
Verified Buyer
"Purchased the Tomahawk steak for a birthday gift and was told by the recipient it was the best steak they had ever had. Would definitely shop here again."
Verified Buyer
"Brilliantly tasty, grass fed meat at a reasonable price. Perfect if you’re cutting down on quantity but want really good quality."
"meat (all cuts and type) have a flavour as meat did years ago. None of the added water etc. Even if you go to a high street butcher or a butcher that you pay a little extra and you get meat with a better taste than that in a supermarket, believe it or not, the meat from Farmison is much better. I had some Textel lamb the other day from F. When you remove the cooked meat from the juices to make the gravy there is usually a layer of fat to remove. No fat layer and the flavour of the non fatty meat was superb. Farmison is at first glance a little expensive but the Heritage meats, the superb butchery, obvious good husbandry of the animals and good customer service is worth it. Early in the year, I bought an expensive corn fed/free range chicken from a butcher because the flavour is supposed to be amazing. It was ok but nothing stunning. I bought a free range chicken from Farmison. Flavour to 'die for', double the meat and the bones of the chick. were not 'oversize' because Free Range means just that. The bird obviously was left to grow in it's own time and no steroids or additives were given to it - the meat was testement to that. Try Farmison once and you will be hooked, beleive me! (delivery is also good)"
"Very impressed with your excellent service from initial order to delivery! The product arrived in a secure polystyrene box, packed in ice and it was melt in the mouth succulent and full of taste!"
"I was notified at 5 o’clock the day before delivery that I was only going to receive a part order due to stock issues. I was told I could potentially have the outstanding items in two days time but I would have to pay for an am service because I required them in the morning due to cooking times (ribs in the smoker). I would have expected to be offered free carriage. The products that I did receive in the most part look ok but the beef short ribs look a bit on the small side. Over all poor customer service is what will stop me from ordering again."
Hi there - thank you again for your time this afternoon. We will send you an email as promised and look forward to popping that next order through personally for you. All the very best and thanks again for your time. Karen Customer Care Manager, Farmison & Co
"Excellent quality and fabulous service from Farmison & Co. Could not fault anything. Thank You."
"The meat is consistently very good, and we like the way it is often portioned so that we eat less greedily! So, eating a bit less and much better. DEloivery and serfvice is also very good. Real quality, really well-managed."
"The fillet steaks we had were unreal! By far the best quality we've had in a long time!"
"Fabulous meat from Farmison! We've looked for years for great quality, appropriately aged free range meat with providence and have finally found it! 3 orders later, I can confidently say that everything we have received has been outstanding. This includes Beef Rib, Chateaubriand, Steaks, Beef strips, Braising Lamb and Mutton. Oh, and the customer service is excellent too, with clever packaging and timely posting/arrival. Absolutely delighted to recommend to anyone out there considering ordering for the first time. Just do it!"
"Quality meat , great service"
"Cooked and attempted to eat the chicken ballentyne delivered last Friday ( Monday today)to say it was awful is an understatement, it was chicken thighs tied together with elastic string, no discernible filling nor taste of any. If I had purchased locally I would have take it back instead it went in the bin."
"Ordered a selection of meats, steaks, lamb, burgers, sausages and pork belly. It was all superb, in terms of flavour and very good value for money taking the quality into account. Will be ordering again!"
"Very pleased with the meat items contacted about delivery details."
"First off, this is a partial review. I have not tried all products in my order, just 2 pork rib racks. I just would say that the amount of meat on these racks was a little small. I've had much bigger ribs in the past from grocery stores. The meat was tasty, but as I say portion wise they were a bit on the skinny side with not very much meat between ribs."
"Simply the best quality meat I have ever had ! I shall never buy my meat anywhere else"
"Meat Boxes are such good quality for the price. You will notice the quality of meat in your cooking. Superb."
"Love your work - although we got caught short of the chicken burgers which went off when we froze and re -thawed our fault I'm sure but a lesson for us to manage carefully in future..."
"Pure perfection. In addition to the meat box, I ordered the Fassona steak to try something different. It was a completely new experience and I'll leave it at that so I don't spoil this real treat. Enjoy and never turn back."
"Great service, great food. This is the first time I have ordered this kind of meat trying to become more sustainable and ethical and the team at Farmison have been fantastic. Abigail who called me to let me know they couldn't deliver part of the order was really helpful. Will 100% be using this business for all of my future meat purchases."
"I ordered several products from Farmison, with various degrees of success. The merguez sausages were very nice. The chicken Kiev however had pretty much no garlic taste to it, though the crunch of the crust was the best I ever found. The oxtail had a very off smell to it when it came out of the packet and made its way to the bin straight away. The chicken ballotine were nice. All in all I found the whole thing a bit haphazard."
"I have had Farmison meat before and was extremely happy with it. delivery was prompt. Meat was kept in a safe state in transit. My only complaint is that living in the highlands of Scotland I am being penalised again for delivery charges. Most other meat companies I have used have said "order over a certain price, free delivery" I went back to Farmison's as the meat was good & I had forgotten about the delivery charge; Such a shame as it puts me off a bit."
"The meat is fantastic - quality and flavour that supermarkets cannot get close too. The number of times I have tried to make pork crackling with supermarket pork and failed every time, yet pork from farmison I get crackling every time. Delivery is always fast and secure. I've tried all the supermarket meat and nothing compares, from the cheap ones to the expensive ones. I would rather buy less meat of better quality than more meat of poor quality and farming standards. Give a meat box a try and you won't be sorry"
Farmison & Co is rated 4.77 based on 5,271 reviews