Explorer Travel Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Explorer Travel Insurance
Documents Delivered On-time
Read Explorer Travel Insurance Reviews
Reasonable basic value and ease of purchasing online helped. The cover was good and as an ‘oldie’ felt fairly treated. My only complaint is having to pay an additional administration fee when I made a mistake over the final day of cover. As I noticed my error within a couple of days (and within the policy cooling off period) I felt Explorer could have been more customer focused and waived the extra £15 admin charge.
Difficult to rate as didn't need to claim. However did find it odd that a holiday to the same place cost £34 more in January than it did in November with no difference in medical conditions or age.
I have a medical condition and needed screening. The algorithm for the medical screening is extremely crude. Eg - how many pills do you take for a condition? - have you had any medical procedures in the last year? They don't ask if the medecines work, or if the procedures were successful. They don't ask if the condition is stable. They don't ask or take into account the fact that I have the same medical condition for 30 years, have never called an emergency doctor, and have travelled abroad every year and never made a claim for anything.
Surely one can only rate a product after using or testing. This can really only be rated by how a claim is handled and dealt with. I will let you know if I have the misfortune to do either.
I did not need to make a claim. So I have no idea how good or bad they may be.
I hope we do not have to call on this policy. Only if and when we do will be able to write a review on your service.
Acceptable based on price and what it offers. Acid test will be if I have a claim, so won't fully review until holiday completed.
It was an easy online process to go through.
hi was dissapointed premium went up 93 pounds as not made a claim our medical condition an medication same as previous year, can not give true rating as not made any claim
We have not yet travelled anywhere let alone had need to make a claim, hence the Acceptable rating.
I purchased the travel insurance for a trip to new york which the cover has been fine but i called in to the emergency assistance line and no one answered after 15 minutes of dailing and i never got through to anyone. Fortunately i was only after some information on where to get a doctors appointment instead of an actual emergency in which case i would have been left in a foreign country with no help.
Not having traveled as yet , unable to comment , as i have nothing to comment on !
I would prefer to have the policy sent through in hard copy and be clear that it is WORLDWIDE rather than an acronym to show this. Many countries require this documentation before they let you in to the country and this should all be clear to non native speakers of English,
cheaper than most I checked out but was acceptable
Bought insurance for a one off trip for trekking in Nepal, expensive but I am over 70. No problems.
I only renewed because I got a online discount. When my policy expired I was quoted more than a new customer by phone. I didn't renew until I got offer. If I hadn't received this I wouldn't have renewed. So much for loyalty.
I have never had to claim, so I the company has done very well from our business.
Upset that even though I am a returning customer my insurance nearly double because I turned 66. Just a fit and well as I was around 65.
Never had to use the insurance cover, so can not rate the cover
Depends on how long Explorer take to acknowledge and compensate me for the theft of £500 on the 14 Oct 2018 in Benidorm
Explorer Travel Insurance is rated 4.58 based on 4,589 reviews