Explorer Travel Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Explorer Travel Insurance
Documents Delivered On-time
Read Explorer Travel Insurance Reviews
I have asked Explorer a number of times for a policy refund which is what reputable insurers have done with their customers, due to my whole trip/flight being cancelled by Covid19 restrictions. (not the cancelled trip to Australia, and all that may entail, but just the fee for the unused policy...this is what I have asked for). Completely ignored.
Make sure you read the small print so when you have to go into hospital in an emergency don't phone a doctor first phone the ins company as if not you can't claim. Beware.
You can never really know how good a service is until you have to depend on it. This company looked good, probably is but due to the coronavirus MAYBE inundated with calls.
MY situation ? ... My BA flight was cancelled and so I was within the 14 day cooling off period for Explorer Travel Ins. I emailed them to cancel and refund and confirm email me back, as I spent over 25 mins listening to the phone ring and the words "Im sorry, all lines are busy at the moment" 14th March 2020 Im ringing again and so far its 19 mins 25 secs and still no answer. 20 mins now and the phone just hung up on me. like I said ... YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD A COMPANY IS UNTIL YOU HAVE TO DEPEND ON IT. Still trying to contact them or get a reply... anything... something.
Got good deal for 12 day cruise to the Persian gulf for Jan 2020 so inquired about a 8 day cruise around the Mediterranean and got a quote twice the cost of the Persian one so not very consistent
My expectation was that my insurance would cover me for a missed flight connection. If I had only read the small print more carefully and realised that an insurance company would find a way out of paying.
I PAID AGAIN FOR THE SAME COVER TO AUSTRALIA I PURCHASED LAST YEAR, ONLY TO RECEIVE AN E MAIL ADVERTISING 20% OFF NEW INSURANCE COVER!!! THANKS A LOT. I COULD HAVE SAVED £36.00 IF YOU HAD GIVEN ME THAT DISCOUNT.
Have sent two emails to you about my Travel Insurance this week and not one reply, not very good customer relations.
it doesn't do health it always come as refer it doesn't do illness cover
We purchased premium travel insurance and attempted to go through the claims procedure when the airline we booked with collapsed ahead of our holiday.
The process has been very unsatisfactory. There has been no communication from the claims firm despite repeated attempts to obtain the relevant claims forms, so we haven't had a chance to even start our claim.
Very difficult to get a quote. Had received an email offering 5% discount (still not sure if I've received it). Didn't initially use the 5% discount link but did go in to apply via my email. Received a quote but did live chat to see if they had applied the discount. They hadn't so needed to go through the whole process again. Came up with a different and much higher quote. Tried several times in various ways to retrieve the original quote. Got there in the end but it was a very long process involving 2 live chats and 1 phone call
still waiting for my claim to be sorted for lost passport
Tried to retrieve my quote on line but could not. Rang for help and waited 15 minutes and then timed out for the end of the day at 18.00 hrs. Rang the following day and again waited 10 minutes to speak to anybody. Not good when I am trying to purchase a policy
Having used this company three times I was astounded to find I had to pay substantially more for my third trip than my second. This was despite my conditions bring exactly the same each time and the two countries being within the EU
If you are over 70 travel insurance is all about pre-existing conditions. I have a condition called polycythaemia which is not at all dangerous if it is known about and checked on by a consultant. But I am penalised by huge premiums which the consultant says are unjustifiable just because I have it looked at regularly.
Never claimed yet but always an increase premium. How aia no claims bonus.
Unhelpful on the telephone
Typical so called service provider difficult to contact or help when you really need them.
bought insurance - became ill - now I'm too much of a risk - cancelled within 14 days of purchase - will waiting for over £600 refund - really bad!
When purchased thought this was great; however on making enquiries when we were recently on holiday I was certainly taken back with shock - thought my medical cover allowed me to get hotel to fetch doctor and all would be funded - not so, apparently We would need to make sure the service provided was not private if a local doctor could be sought - not fully explained when policies are purchased and certainly more than a little worrying by me and I suspect many more people if they realise
It is 1 week since I contacted your company on receiving my new contract which has an incorrect entry on page 4 of 4. I would have expected to receive such an important document by return. Please hasten with amended policy.
Explorer Travel Insurance is rated 4.58 based on 4,589 reviews