Explorer Travel Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Explorer Travel Insurance
Documents Delivered On-time
Read Explorer Travel Insurance Reviews
I have asked Explorer a number of times for a policy refund which is what reputable insurers have done with their customers, due to my whole trip/flight being cancelled by Covid19 restrictions. (not the cancelled trip to Australia, and all that may entail, but just the fee for the unused policy...this is what I have asked for). Completely ignored.
Easy to set up looks good value? You know if you have a claim??
Make sure you read the small print so when you have to go into hospital in an emergency don't phone a doctor first phone the ins company as if not you can't claim. Beware.
This is very disappointing - I can't get through to any phone number or get any email response to make a claim.
Had to cancel my flight home to UK due to advice re dry cough and over75 with compromised immunity system. Tried email, retuned.tried phoning,keeps ringing.
Feel,disappointed and frustrated. Why not try to help,us? We have paid for just that! 1
Saying not going to insure COVID-19 cancellations. farce of a company. Will fight this all the way.
Terrible company. No support during times like this. Maybe I should have read the cover in more detail but when presented so highly with 4 Stars and Platinum Cover never expected it not to cover when the FCO Advice change.

Bunch of Con Artists. Most unhelpful Insurance Company going.

Will take my business elsewhere and suggest everyone else does!
On the phone this morning to Explorer Travel Insurance waiting for 20mns when I got cut off.I phoned at exactly 20 seconds to 9am and there was no answer just kept ringing .
FCO travel advice has changed due to COVID 19 and countries are quarantining new arrivals.
Be responsible and pay up for those affected.
I understand that COVID 19 has caught everyone by surprise but when we cannot travel due to FCO government advice I expect my travel insurance to cover for the disruption.

When needed Explorer Travel Insurance were found wanting, I wonder what else they wouldn't cover when push comes to shove. It's a disgrace to the whole insurance industry.
Everything , how can you make an enquiry if NO ONE answers the phone for 39 minutes . Come on get more staff or dont take the money .
You are a disgrace to client satisfaction. I have tried every hour to get through .always engaged. I even tried one second after your opening time to hear that the line was engaged .That must be a lie , you cannot get an engaged line one second after the opening of your phone line .Even after hanging on for 20minutes you still don't answer the phone. I will never use you again .DGSutcliffe
I am unable to travel due to NO fault of my own (New Zealand quarantining visitors) but they are refusing to cover this. Raging.
You can never really know how good a service is until you have to depend on it. This company looked good, probably is but due to the coronavirus MAYBE inundated with calls.
MY situation ? ... My BA flight was cancelled and so I was within the 14 day cooling off period for Explorer Travel Ins. I emailed them to cancel and refund and confirm email me back, as I spent over 25 mins listening to the phone ring and the words "Im sorry, all lines are busy at the moment" 14th March 2020 Im ringing again and so far its 19 mins 25 secs and still no answer. 20 mins now and the phone just hung up on me. like I said ... YOU DON'T KNOW HOW GOOD A COMPANY IS UNTIL YOU HAVE TO DEPEND ON IT. Still trying to contact them or get a reply... anything... something.
easy site to use even for an old codger like me. Impressed
Should have shopped around
After spending hours trawling through a comparison site, I went direct to Explorer Travel website, completed all the necessary health declarations and found the Platinum Cover to suit our cruise holiday needs. Delighted with how easy it was and the price quoted. Perfect. Thank you.
First class. I’ve used them before. The quotes are good and instant chat response when I had a question.
Highly recommended
Does what it says on the tin!!
Excellent service as usual