Dorset Vehicle Rentals Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dorset Vehicle Rentals
Good overall service
(Weymouth) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Always had a good service and at very reasonable rates. My only complaint is the ridiculous pick up and drop off times!
(Weymouth) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for your review. We find that if our customers all adhere to the same collection and return times the fleet runs far more smoothly (especially when it is busy).
All things went well, good service.
(Yeovil) - Posted 3 weeks ago
New van in excellent condition inside and out. Busy morning for one member of staff to deal with so had to wait a little longer than expected. No one around when dropped vehicle of later on in afternoon so unsure whether 'returned condition' was acceptable, even though I knew it was.
(Gillingham) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Apologies for the wait & Thank you for your patience on collection. If you returned the vehicle after 5pm then this would explain why there wasn't a member of staff there. Your deposit was refunded in full so the returned condition of the vehicle was acceptable. Dorset Vehicle Rentals
Vehicle could have been washed before collection, but very good service. Would use again.
(Weymouth) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review - I apologise that the vehicle wasn't clean. I shall forward this onto our Weymouth branch Manager to prevent this happening in the future. Apologies again.
Booking Process, Collection and Return was straightforward. The vehicle handover could be improvedin two ways. Vehicle inspection at collection was not easy as vehicle was parked tightly against side and rear fence - I subsequently spotted two areas of damage after collection that made it necessary for me to return to depot. It would have also been heplful to have shown basic details of vehicle - fuel cap for example was not easy to locate. Vehicle was clean, tidy and performed well.
(Yeovil) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, I shall forward this onto our Yeovil Branch Manager to make sure he is aware of this as the vehicle should have been moved for you to view the whole vehicle for inspection. Apologies for this. Dorset Vehicle Rentals
Fine thank you. Service good and cheerful. Booking on line could be better, it failed at the end three times during my three last hires, but was rescued on the phone without losing the discount.
(Gillingham) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we will make sure this is seen by Matt, our Gillingham Branch Manager & have the website looked into. Apologies for this. Dorset Vehicle Rentals
Online booking is the norm now and seems to work for DVR but did I get my 10% discount? After booking all seemed ok the vehicles are in good order and a good variety for the chosen job. Understand that a £200 deposit has to be paid with optional extras for insurance but not happy it takes three days for the deposit to be returned and no it’s not due to the bank. However overall I’ll continue to use DVR as they do offer a good service and competitive price and for me they’re local .
(Gillingham) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You did receive the discount yes. We refunded your deposit on the same day of you returning the vehicle. It takes a few days to show up in your account as it would have been pending and your bank need to release it. For future reference if you are unable to wait for the deposit to be returned you are able to pay the deposit in cash. Therefore once the vehicle has been checked over by a member of staff on return, providing everything is fine with the vehicle/hire we can give you the £200 deposit cash back. Please note payment for the hire itself must be paid by credit/debit card. I shall make sure Matt our Branch Manager sees your review.
Van great. Took quite a long time to get the van as only one person processing collections.
(Gillingham) - Posted 3 weeks ago
Vehicle in perfect condition. Staff helpful and courteous.
(DORCHESTER) - Posted 1 month ago
Always a good service and one of the fairest hire firms I've dealt with.
(DORCHESTER) - Posted 1 month ago
Easy booking on line - bit of a wait collecting van as only one member of staff on duty. Overall good value for money.
(Gillingham) - Posted 1 month ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we will make sure this is seen by Matt, our Gillingham Branch Manager. We apologise for the wait & your patience is greatly appreciated.
Very good car, had to wait quite a long time on collection but car was nice.
(Weymouth) - Posted 1 month ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we will make sure this is seen by Andrew, our Weymouth Branch Manager. Apologies for the wait & thank you for your patience.
Good service. Thanks
(Weymouth) - Posted 1 month ago
Service was excellent, only issues was the car’s clutch was almost gone and for 35k miles that was on it didn’t seem right, other than that was very good.
(Weymouth) - Posted 1 month ago
Thank you for your review, sorry to hear about the clutch. We currently have the car booked in at the garage investigating the clutch problem.
Easy process, good handover, insurance excess is high (£1750) which is why the star knocked off
(DORCHESTER) - Posted 1 month ago
Thank you for your review. The insurance is not our product, so we are governed on what to charge by our insurance provider.
I couldn’t fault the service offered by DVR. Nick and Alex were relentless in trying to sort out a puncture for me. Unfortunately their breakdown helpline were completely useless saying they didn’t cover punctures, and when putting me through to the puncture repair company; they said they didn’t have a mobile service to come out to me. The AA were then called, and were first class. They sorted the issue and then made sure we were OK for the rest of our journey home. Perhaps the fleet breakdown and puncture repair service needs to be reviewed.
(DORCHESTER) - Posted 1 month ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we will make sure that the Guys at Head Office see this. (Including Nick & Alex!)
I was happy with the cleanliness of the vehicle but did notice after taking the vehicle that the winch had been broken so had to be extra careful with it but was not noticed on inspection
(Yeovil) - Posted 1 month ago
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we will make sure this is seen by Andy, our Yeovil Branch Manager. Apologies that this was missed but thank you for making us aware so that we can have our workshops take a look at this.
Good friendly service
(Weymouth) - Posted 1 month ago
Easy booking process, no problems.
Dorset Vehicle Rentals is rated 4.81 based on 1,628 reviews