Dorset Vehicle Rentals Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dorset Vehicle Rentals
Told van was available on Friday evening for collection - this changed last minute until 830 Saturday morning Appreciate may not have been your fault but had to alter plans last minute for a long drive
(Gillingham) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Good afternoon William, I have spoken to the Branch manager to find out what happened. The customer that had the vehicle before you unfortunately extended last minute and unfortunately sometimes we have no control over this. I can only apologise that we had to put back your collection time. We hope the rest of the rental went smoothly.
While the service on site was excellent and friendly, the actual van provided for a very long journey was not. It had the following problems: Diesel spillage in passenger cabin resulting in unpleasant fumes. Failing clutch requiring nursing for the final day. No air conditioning. Pretty well every panel on the van had previously been damaged.
(DORCHESTER) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Very very bad organisation upon arrival in the morning at 8am. We had to wait outside in the rain to be served and the desk man was in total disarray. Really bad impression
(Gillingham) - Posted 2 weeks ago
Arrived at 8,05am for a 1 day van hire. Took almost an hour to be given the keys due to a queue of 6 people. This took 1 hour off the 24 hour hire as vehicle due back at 8am following day. This made me 1 hour late to my pick up location ! Why only 1 staff member to complete paperwork and do vehicle inspection? Also vehicle has much damage to the outside and interior was badly paint stained.Not acceptable...
(Gillingham) - Posted 1 month ago
Whilst the customer service was good , the condition the van was in is another story. The van had every panel dented or missing some trim. The condition was an embarrassment!
(DORCHESTER) - Posted 2 months ago
Sorry about the condition of the van Allun. This van is lined up for attention at our body shop, but because we are so busy (and we don’t like to let our customers down) we have had to use it. Not sure if you are aware but there is a national shortage of vans at the moment (because of factories shutting during the COVID Pandemic) and we are not getting new van deliveries like we would normally do.
I hired and paid for a Luton with a tail lift. There was no vehicle available on my arrival and not informed of this prior to my arrival. I had to wait an hour for a vehicle to be brought over from Yeovil. When it arrived it did not have a tail lift which made my job of moving house that day alot move difficult. Was not impressed with the level of service. I was intending to hire another vehicle at the end of July again. But I think I will go elsewhere as I don't want to be let down again.
(Gillingham) - Posted 2 months ago
Sorry Timothy that you feel you have been let down by us. Unfortunately, the previous customer did not bring the Luton that you ordered back on time, making us short of a vehicle. We tried our best to get a vehicle over to you and apologise that it was not the one that you ordered. Somebody should have told you this. Please note that you were charged for a Luton without a tail lift as the outstanding balance went into covering some of the cost of the Collision damage wavier which you added on collection.
I can't say I had the best experience of the customer service at Dorset Vehicle Rental. I arrived at the designated time of 08:00 but there was no one attending the reception. A member of staff strolled across the road at 08:10 with breakfast items in hand, I presumed he had gone to the nearby shop perhaps. He dealt with the first customer waiting for a vehicle and this took about 30 minutes, by now I was running late to take my children to school but the other member of staff present in the building did not offer to help me with the necessary paperwork to acquire the hire car. On returning the vehicle, the tank was very almost full with fuel and I asked if I could perhaps receive a refund to cover the cost but I was bluntly told this wasn't policy so I effectively lost £40/£50. Some discretion might have been considered.
(Weymouth) - Posted 2 months ago
I can only apologies that the staff were not in the office on time, I will make sure the Branch Manger is spoken to in order to prevent this in the future. Sometimes hires do take a little longer for example, if customers do not bring in the correct documents we require to hire a vehicle but we do try to resolve all issues as quickly as possible and again I can only apologise for the inconvenience. Not all of our staff members are trained on the system we use in order to complete hires so it's most likely they were just simply unable to help. With regards to the fuel vehicles need to be returned with the same amount of fuel they had on collection. Unfortunately we do not give refunds for excess fuel and it does state this on our website in the FAQ's page.
The van had an issue with side door catching. The van engaged central locking when door was shut with keys left inside. We had to get AA out to get access to van. We had a long wait for the AA and we’re not able to load via the side door meaning we could not take the full load that we wanted. Member of staff was more concerned about not being able to rent van out again while the issue was fixed and gave impression it was just our bad luck. Sent email to complain and ask for compensation. Never had a reply.
(Bridport) - Posted 2 months ago
Hello Janice, Please email wendy@dvr.uk.net so that we can look into who you sent the email to & make sure it wasn't missed. Thank you.
No reply to having to buy £20 of Ad Blue query so hence poor
(DORCHESTER) - Posted 4 months ago
please send your receipt to wendy@dvr.uk.net and we will sort this out for you.
Took an age to get my deposit back due to a ‘technical hitch’. Other than that the actual vehicle was good
(Yeovil) - Posted 4 months ago
Apologies for the late reply. We are sorry your deposit took longer than expected to be returned but thank you for your patience and we're glad we were able to get this sorted for you.
Disappointing vehicle maintenance and misrepresentation on advertising and unauthorised charging
(DORCHESTER) - Posted 4 months ago
Apologies for the late reply. Please email wendy@dvr.uk.net to discuss any problems you had in further detail. Thank you.
I find it a little underhand that when you arrive you get told that to have a decent level of cover you need to pay more. Just put it on the price. I don’t expect to pay online and then get asked for more money when I collect the vehicle. Completely put me off using you again.
(Bridport) - Posted 4 months ago
Apologies for the late reply. When we quote for vehicles we give you a price that includes insurance, unlimited mileage and VAT. There are Damage Collision Waivers which reduce your excess in the event of an accident. These are optional and not everyone chooses to add these on. We also cannot offer them to every customer depending on points/endorsements etc. These are the reasons we do not include them in the price online as you may not be within the correct criteria to be offered them. Apologies for the inconvenience.
there were not enough staff for the customers. Only one staff member doing his best dealing with a long queue! More staff needed>
(Weymouth) - Posted 10 months ago
Vehicle was damaged, poorly maintained n break warning light came on after 10 miles of long journey
(Gillingham) - Posted 1 year ago
Would of been nice to have been told why I didnt get my deposit back ..
(Gillingham) - Posted 1 year ago
Mr Down we have emailed you to let you know why £36.00 was deducted from your £100.00 deposit. You have been refunded £64.00, please check your bank account. If you wish to discuss this matter further please email reception@dvr.uk.net - Thank you.
It would help if they told you they require a landline phone number before you collect car, also make sure that the car has the upto date electrics fitted for towing , and have it filled up with fuel not a quarter it means that if you require it for a short time i.e. one day you have got to fill it twice . Phew got that of my chest.
(DORCHESTER) - Posted 1 year ago
Thank you for your review, we have taken your comments on board. The landline details required feature on our ‘frequently asked questions page’, this is something we have to provide for our insurance provider, and we will try and make it clearer when you book on-line. The tow bar could have been provided with an adapter if asked, there seems to of been a breakdown in communications here. All of our vehicles run empty to empty with fuel, this is for security reasons within our yards.
The car I received had a rattle noise and then the engine management light came on and tyre pressure light came on, the car was full of scratches and dents and was only two years old
(Gillingham) - Posted 2 years ago
Sorry to hear this. Please could you respond to my email address - wendy@dvr.uk.net and I will make sure that the vehicle is sorted out. Did you speak to the Branch Manager about your concerns? Best wishes - Wendy
Dorset Vehicle Rentals is rated 4.81 based on 1,446 reviews