Dorset Vehicle Rentals Reviews

of reviewers recommend Dorset Vehicle Rentals
The service from your staff was good but the van was dirty and tired!
(Gillingham) - Posted 2 months ago
I arrived at the time I was told online to be made to wait nearly half an hour because I was told the shop didn’t open until 8.30, despite my email saying 8. Everything else went fine.
(Weymouth) - Posted 2 months ago
I would have liked to been shown around the vehicle on collection, operation of the tail lift etc, but I managed to guess. Otherwise a very decent vehicle.
(Gillingham) - Posted 5 months ago
Process was good, only downside was when I rented the van it only had a fuel range of 1 (one) mile!!
(Weymouth) - Posted 5 months ago
I was very satisfied with the same rental van twice within 6 months however, when I checked my account recently I see I have been overcharged. I emailed but had no reply. I would be grateful for a call or email back. Thanks Lee Enticott
(Yeovil) - Posted 5 months ago
It was nice being able to pick the vehicle up locally, but the vehicle had obviously not been cleaned for a long time, there were cobwebs on the windscreen, which is strange in these times! Plus there was no water in the water bottle to clean the windscreen. Not good and quite basic!
(DORCHESTER) - Posted 6 months ago
Bit of a wait when collecting vehicle. Seem to have to go over again all the details you have entered online.. strange!!

We had booked online and ideally wanted a couple of drivers. However, on line you were advised to give all driver details on the gov website to avoid any problems on pickup.

You were also provided with a ref number etc.

This was a total waste of time, as we physically had to have all the drivers ID on pickup.

This was certainly not made clear on the website and could have caused us major problems enroute.

Luckily we managed, but this needs to be more clear.

Thought the vehicle could have been in better condition. It had more knocks and scraps, especially the broken wing mirror, which we weren’t sure was legal to drive!!

The gears were unpredictable especially in first.

We dropped off vehicle early and left keys in a box, which is a good idea.

We were asked for £100 deposit on the day and this would be refunded. Also some kind of waiver fee, which again don’t believe was mentioned on the website.

Overall not really a good experience, but to be honest we needed the vehicle for a house move, so we had no choice.

We expected the £100 to be refunded within 5 working days. This we had to chase as it didn’t appear.

Eventually a nice chap in a different branch (who answered the phone) sorted the situation and we received within 3 days.

The phone system too is a bit strange. If you wanted to get through to the accounts department, you were promoted to press a number... but no point as they only work certain hours!!

A little more thought and explanation would have made the above more pleasant.
(Gillingham) - Posted 6 months ago
You need to open your Wincanton location as soon as possible. I wasted 2 hours of my day having to use Yeovil.
Yeovil office we’re excellent but too far away. In future if Wincanton not open then I would likely use one of the national providers!
(Yeovil) - Posted 6 months ago
The van broke down on our removal day, from London to Somerset, which was testing to say the least. But in the end we got here via the AA cover. Ok, it took all day, we arrived at 1 am in the morning, but we were grateful for the emergency cover. And Dorset vehicles picked up the van the next day so things were resolved in the end. These issues can't be avoided, so don't blame Dorset Vehicles for the breakdown. Just our bad luck on the day. Otherwise they seem a reasonable company to deal with. If all had gone well on the day I'm sure I'd be giving them a better rating and review.
(Wincanton) - Posted 1 year ago
Sorry that the van broke down Douglas on your removal day, and for the inconvenience caused on already a stressful day. Just to reassure you all our vehicles are serviced regularly, but this was unfortunate that this breakdown happened to you. Wishing you every happiness in your new home.
All worked fine but you know it doesn’t take much to smile and greet people nicely!
(Gillingham) - Posted 1 year ago
Not good, I will have a 'word' with the office staff.... and sort them out. Glad all was okay with the vehicle. Apologies ...
Best wishes - Wendy