Domex Appliance Services Reviews

of reviewers recommend Domex Appliance Services
customer service
Read Domex Appliance Services Reviews

About Domex Appliance Services:

At Domex, we believe appliance repair service should be straightforward, pleasant and affordable experience. If we have achieved that, great! However, if that's not the case, do let us know, this is what we are here for!

info@domex-uk.co.uk

Unit C, Surrey Business Park
Weston Road
Greater London

Tell us how Domex Appliance Services made you happy
Very nice repairer, turned up on time and quite professional to fix a Beko washing machine. So a quality company. But: did not hold the parts; these would be needed to be imported from Turkey which would take a further week and he seemed very unsure about whether that would fix the problem. So that would have been a further £140 for parts and labour, another day off work, a further week without a washing machine and I might still have needed to buy a new one. I should have just replaced it from the start and not bothered with Domex.
Dear Philip,

Thank you for providing your feedback and your job reference number which helped us look into the repair history.

After checking your appliance, Martin, our engineer, did not find any component to be at fault other than the main board. Often being an electronic component we are unable to be 100% certain if faulty, unless of course there is physical damage to it.

The part is in stock in UK and would've been an extra 2-3 days to complete the repair at cost of £108 including parts, labour and vat (part cost is £69.33).

I can see that Martin's report simply reads that during his visit you had already made your mind up about a new appliance. As much as an engineer could give you a rough guidance about parts cost and ETA of the part, it's best to allow our back office team to do so. They would've needed about 1-2 hours to provide you with the most precise and accurate cost and ETA.

I'm glad that you found Martin professional and well mannered. Also, our pricing allowed you to put the labour of £39 towards your new appliance, having only paid the diagnostic.

I hope the above provides more insight and we hope to be of assistance in future.

Kind Regards,

Ross G.
Co-founder/GM
Not very good waiting for 10 days for repair
Dear D Grenberg,

You have not provided any info to be able to identify you and your experience, so our response is on face value.

While 10 days isn't the norm at Domex, we do some times have busy periods, much as restaurants, NHS and train companies. We have capacity which although flexible, isn't much as we'd like it to be or possible to be. Therefore, turnaround time could some time go over 10 days. On average we work around 5-7days but it is average and I am sorry that you were on the longer side of this metric.

Had we know who you are, we would've been able to look in more detail and give exact explanation for the delay.

I hope you found "better/quicker" service elsewhere.

Regards,

Graham R.
Domex
Engerieer came out and told me nothing wrong with my fridge freezer however the temp dial for fridge always goes back to -2 after a while even though I adjust it. I also have a very loud noise that comes from my fridge at least once a day which I was told was normal however I have to switch off my fridge to stop the noise. As the workers are on a time schedule they can not sit around and wait to witness what I am talking about so I am left with the same issue was a waste of my time.
It took 3 technician visits and a wait of over a month before the fault was correctly identified and fixed. Correct diagnostics and a better work scheduling process could have reduced this 10 days.
Dear Mr Baker,

Thank you for taking the time to review our service.
We appreciate feedback both good and bad in order to improve our service where possible. We are sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one. We would however, like to explain some of the points you made.

It is true that the faults are not always apparent on the first visit and that these only become apparent once the repair is under way. It is also the case that sometimes these things might get missed. Regrettable as it is , we are human.
We did our best to order parts and get authorisation from you warranty provider. We provided the second quote on Friday 02/12 and received authorisation on Monday 05/12/2016 . Parts were ordered and we called to pre-book the visit on the 08/12/2016. This is an extremely busy time of year for our business which means that it takes that bit longer for us to get available slots.

Having looked into this for you, we can see that we have followed the repair through by ordering the parts swiftly and getting it booked. The turn-around has been less than a month , but we understand that this is longer than our average of 6.7 day.

Please accept our apology. We are committed to providing the best possible service we can.

Kind regards,
Domex
In reply to Domex’s comments on my review, I am in no way confused: Firstly, I never stated that any member of staff was named ‘Alas’. The word is an English adverb expressing grief or misfortune and more or less synonymous with the word ‘unfortunately’. I can only say that whoever I spoke to was difficult to understand. Perhaps it was a bad line. My main annoyance is your uncoordinated online booking system. Such a system should link automatically with genuine available appointment slots and capable of updating and confirming in real time, including during non office hours. After I had booked, your screen did not promise to respond back within a ‘business hour’, just within a simple hour. It is now apparent, as you have effectively admitted, that the system has no automation and is merely a log of booking requests that will go nowhere until they have been processed by a human; nor can the available time slots displayed be relied upon for the same reason. It is better to have no online booking system than a poor one, likely to mislead. Finally I would maintain that a repair company unable to provide an appointment for at least four days is not likely to attract custom and certainly contradicts what is promoted on the website. Other companies with similar office hours still provide weekend time slots.
I have today (5/9/15) booked a repair to my Fridge Freezer it's for the ice making bit, they don't have an appointment till next Friday 11/9/15, that just very poor. I have had to use Domex be for and they where very good when they got here
Domex Appliance Services is rated 4.79 based on 815 reviews