Domex Appliance Services Reviews

of reviewers recommend Domex Appliance Services
Read Domex Appliance Services Reviews

About Domex Appliance Services:

At Domex, we believe appliance repair service should be straightforward, pleasant and affordable experience. If we have achieved that, great! However, if that's not the case, do let us know, this is what we are here for!

info@domex-uk.co.uk

Unit C, Surrey Business ParkWeston RoadGreater London

Tell us how Domex Appliance Services made you happy
After reading domex great reviews I booked an appointment my smeg fridge freezer had been overfeeding
Engineer confirmed it only needs top up of gas but wanted £45.00diagnostic also
£45.00+£25.00 in total £115.00 top up
Of gas which doesn't come under a years warranty which is no different to refuelling a lighter of gas so no I would
Totally say an absolute rip off to say the least avoid by all means
Won’t verify my review. Added my Instagram name and now you want messenger as well. Very bad
Three weeks waiting for an appointment. Three days for parts then waiting for another appointment. Could have bought a new washing machine the amount I’ve paid over the years. Launderette fees and three children’s clothing. I need a washing machine in days not nearly a month!
Three weeks for appointment. Three days for parts. Waiting for another appointment. Launderette fees. Could have bought a new washing machine the amount I paid over the years.
Waited three weeks for appointment. Three days for parts and now I’m being told to wait for another appointment. Could have bought a new washing machine the amount I’ve paid over the years and I would have had it in days. Add launderette fees on top.
Dear Leana,

It is frustrating when you have to wait 3 weeks for a repair, which is not even complete.

You are right after paying so many years and given that your parts are out of stock, Domestic & General, who are the policy provider and on which behalf we act on, should've given you an alternative resolution.

However, our Head of Customer Service Graham, has been in touch and has urged Domestic & General to expedite their resolution.

I trust you understand that when Domex is NOT in charge of the decisions, it's very difficult to even influence those. Nevertheless, we are trying hard and hoping to achieve a solution which you'll be delighted by.

Ross G.
CEO & Co-Founder
Would not trust this company at all, as they are first of all are scammers and they do business, not in a good faith, secondly, when they send their engineers to a people house during COVID-19 they are not wearing any masks, no gloves. Please, people, be careful. The reviews are totally not trustworthy.
Dear Alisia,

I have looked into your repair and listened to the phone calls that were made.

You had booked through a third party who have a fixed rate with Domex which is £85.00 . Our engineer did the diagnostic and gave you a list of parts needed for the repair.
Your appliance is a Premium Brand as as such , parts are expensive. So your decision not to go ahead with the repair is understandable.
When making the booking , the charges were explained clearly that it is a fixed rate. Our customer service team are not engineers and are not in a position to give indicative costs. This is the reason why the engineer does the diagnostic .You are in a position to make an informed decision based on fact.
In the call yesterday my college offered to reduce the charge. Offering to refund you £40.00 which was refused.

In respect to the social distancing. Yes we are asking that when our engineers are on site , that they are left in the room on their own. Social distancing is dependant on both parties. We include this in a message to our customers when the booking is made.
We have been following government guidelines throughout the COVID 19 crisis .
The engineers have not been required to ware face masks up until the announcement was made yesterday afternoon. Your diagnostic was done on the 04/05/2020 .Our engineers have gloves. This is correct. We are asking that they wear them. In some cases , it may be difficult to work with them. However, if this is the case, then hand sanitising is required before and after the repair.
No service at all! Engineer came 5 days after I called and told me it was my job to move my 78kg washing machine out of the fitted slot in the kitchen. "get a plumber to do this and call us back once you've done it, lady" were the exact words... not very helpful..
Dear Customer , I made some enquiries re your review and spoke to one of our team who had emailed you the information below.
There is one important fact that I wanted to bring to your attention. As you will have noticed, we have not charged you. This is because, if we are not able to access the appliance, as was the case here, we do not charge.

The email below does explain in some detail what needs to be done.

Kind regards,
Graham

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

You had a visit by one of our engineers yesterday but unfortunately our engineer was unable to inspect the appliance due to the following problems:

1. Your appliance is not installed in a standard way. The pipes go behind the dishwasher and the cupboard.
2. The Inlet water tap is broken. As a result the engineer can't take the appliance out as he can't disconnect it without causing a flood in your property.

While we are happy to repair your appliance, we do not provide plumbing services. I am sorry this did not meet your expectations and we will be happy to come and help you out with your appliance once the plumbing is fixed.

Viktor @ Domex
Purchased a Beko dishwasher from John Lewis just under a year ago. It has been repaired twice by Domex. On the third breakdown a rude engineer from Domex attended and just undid some screws and screwed them back in again. Did not fix the dishwasher and refused to speak to me saying someone from Domex would call. No-one called. I called them. They were supposed to call me back but no-one did. Still waiting for repair or new dishwasher. Domex should be avoided at all costs.
Dear Vanessa,

Thank you for your review. We are equally frustrated with the fact that the same part (component) fails 3 times in one year and all we can do is following the instructions of John Lewis. 😞

You found our engineer rude and we'd like to assure you that this was not intentional. The fact is that you didn't like it and we'd like to apologise for making you feel this way. We have raised this with that particular engineer and additional training will be provided.

Lastly, while you posted this review we were still in limbo made by JL and Beko having to decide what they wanted us to do. This resulted in delay and consequently in your dissatisfaction. Sadly, it difficult to make some of these company act and operate in quick manner and I guess we ought to be more pro-active and not rely on other companies.

Customer Experience Manager
Engineer replaced filter adaptor on samsung fridge to take the new type of filter; I tried to change the filter now but still doesn't work. The fridge is now out of warranty and I asked them to check it out under their advertised 1 YEAR GUARANTEE
ON ALL PARTS & LABOUR, but they refused to attend without charge as it was Samsung who paid originally and not me.
Will never use again , awful ,frustrating , script phone service , 4 visits wrong parts , 5th appointment no show ,not informed, still not fixed , still no date for yet another visit , no refunds ,no apologies , disgusting attitude, mickey mouse outfit.
Dear Mrs Taylor,

We are sorry to see you being so frustrated and disappointed with our service which we understand if you have 3 visits for your repair and a long delay.

Your repair is under manufacturer's warranty and the parts list for your appliance was NOT up to date which meant an extra visit (1st part was wrong/not for your appliance version). Your part was out of stock in the UK and caused this long delay. It is disappointing for us too, however, working closely with the manufacturer helped us to get to the bottom of the problem, expedite the part and fix your appliance successfully.

When we received your part on the 11th of Dec and we offered you a visit next day on the 12th Dec 8-10am! In addition, we recognised that your journey was not great and we gave you a pack of descaler for your washing machine free of charge.

We've done everything we could but on this occasion we were let down by the spare part availability and on behalf of our partner and the manufacturer of your appliance LG, we are sorry! We truly hope you can give us another chance in future repair.

Graham R
Customer Experience Mananger
Extremely disappointed with the service from the customer call centre to the engineer visit. I had an issue with my Grundig washer dryer displaying a "safety" message mid cycle and switching off. On the first visit on Monday 18 November, the engineer Michael noted there was a fault with a computer component and he told me reset it so it should be fine but it was not a permanent fix. I shared my concern in waiting around if the issue occurred again. I asked why he could not repair the faulty component rather than a temporary fix. The engineer Michael reassured me that if the issue occurred again he would come repair and the job would be noted as high priority. He reassured me he works every day so he can come the same day. He said he would have the relevant part ready in his van. On Thursday 21 November, I called Domex again as washer dryer had the same issue. When I called Domex back and there was no priority booking as promised. I had to wait till the following week for a repair and the next available appointment was Monday 25 November. I was not happy as the engineer Michael had emphasised that the job would be treated as a priority should the issue occur again and that he would have the parts ready. I was told an engineer would arrive Monday 25 November so reluctantly I booked yet another day off work. On Monday 25 November I was called by Domex who advised an engineer was at the door. I opened the front door to check and there was no one at the front. I also went downstairs to the flats main door and checked no one was there. I called Domex back and they advised the engineer had left to complete another job near by and would be back straight after. I was confused as the engineer had not even attempted to knock or buzz via the entry system. I waited for the engineer to return and received a further call from Domex asking me about parking permit. They advised the engineer had received a parking penalty and was not willing to park on site without a permit. I informed the caller who I now know is Graham Ross the Customer Service manager that I would contact the property managers to arrange a parking permit. I advised the engineer had 10 minutes parking allowance. Within minutes Graham informed me that the engineer had now left and was too far away to return. Graham informed me that Michael had attempted to ring the door bell twice and there was no answer. This was false information as I was in the flat along with my partner and the bell did not ring at all. The bell has been tested and works fine. I was advised this is the same engineer Michael who visited on Monday 18 November so he is well aware of how the buzzer system works. He is also aware of the parking situation. I am disappointed that he was dishonest about ringing the door bell as my partner and myself can verify he did not ring the door bell. He also did not even attempt to communicate with us to support him with parking. Instead he left for another job. This was a complete waste of my time as I had taken time out of work to wait for the engineer. The engineer made no attempt to get hold of us and informed his manager that he rang the door bell which he did not do. He was also very impatient and left without even trying to get hold of me. I spent hours waiting for his arrival and he could have the courtesy of calling me or ringing the bell to try get hold of me at least before leaving. I am overall extremely disappointed with the customer service.
Dear Yollanda,

I thank you again for your review and complaint you logged with us and I am deeply sorry that your experience has not been a great one.

We have responded to you privately and since the receipt of your email we are working actively to resolve not just your repair but also your dissatisfaction.

Once the repair is complete we'll be in-touch to see if all is well.

Ross G.
CEO
The engineer came for the second time and again would not wait for the tumble dryer to finish the cycle. As I insisted that he does a proper check, he took one item (a pillowcase) out of a full wash and put it through the test for 20 minutes. Although even this one item came out damp he passed the appliance saying that his reader was showing the correct temperature, although this was only measured at the beginning of the cycle. He completely dismissed the possibility that the sensor could be faulty or whatever else. So he left me for the second time with the faulty appliance without even attempting any repair. The dryer still has to go through several cycles to get the clothes reasonably dry and then they have to be finished off on a clothes rack. That not only takes a lot of time but it costs a lot in terms of electricity too. I am very disappointed with the service, it was shallow and incomplete, two visits and nothing has been done so far. The engineer would not even give me a report but said I had to order it on the Internet and takes a few days to appear. We have since taken a video of going down to the basement to restart the machine when it stopped in mid-cycle again. This is the same recurrent problem which has not been resolved in multiple visits, it has not even been identified. Every callout means us taking time off work to meet an engineer who does not have enough time allocated to mend the appliance.
Dear Mrs Foster,

We are sorry to see you dissatisfied with our service.

On the first visit in September, our engineer had found the drier with excessively blocked condenser and lint filter which definitely prolongs the drying cycle and possibly even not drying fully. These blockages had then thoroughly been cleaned and appliance tested afterwards.

On the second visit (in November) It's important to mention that the Low Temperature Option had been selected which would have impacted the performance of the dryer i.e. take much longer to dry. Our engineer did also run the test cycle mentioned and was satisfied with the performance. He spend over 1 hour and a quarter on site.

We have done everything to complete this repair on behalf of Domestic & General. However, if you still think you have a problem and feel that our service was not up to your expectations, you could speak to D&G and ask them to allocate an alternative repair company.

Customer Experience Manager
A truly awful company. The most incompetent technians. The most pointless customer service (never apologises or admits to mistakes). AVOID.
Dear Samantha,

I'm sorry to see that you had awful experience with us. We know sometimes things could go wrong and clearly this happened to you.

Would you kindly provide us with your job reference and/or post code and 1st line of your address please? This will help us find out what has gone wrong and will serve as an opportunity to try to put things right for you.

Would you email the above to: graham.r@domex-uk.co.uk please?

Thank you in advance and I look forward to seeing how we can assist from here.

Best Regards,

Domex
This company destroyed my new dishwasher in 2018 when it only needed the detergent dispenser replaced. It was left dented, badly sealed and the electrics exposed to water making it potentially lethal. I recorded video of the technicians in action each time, just in case (I might publish these) but luckily Domex (Graham who will deny in his reply that it was them) admitted it was negligent when, after a third visit and lots of waiting in between when they could be bothered to come out again, a senior technician inspected the appliance. He wanted to take the appliance away for a complete refit but I complained to the manufacturer who arranged for it to be refunded fully from the retailer for Domex's incompetence. To this day I've had no formal apology or compensation from Domex for risking my safety/life and wasting hours of my time.

What reminded to post this review is today I have been forced to use Domex again for my washing machine as Hoover-Candy engineers don't cover central London and there was more incompetence, this time with scheduling appointments.

If you are forced to use this company I suggest watching the engineer like a hawk and video record their actions if it looks like they are banging away or forcing things into place as you might not be as lucky as I was to have the manufacturer [eventually] back you up when it goes wrong.

I am now considering referring last year's debacle to the HSE, BBC Watchdog and other organisations that might have an interest. With video evidence and recorded phone calls of all of the above facts I do not expect a rebuttal claiming anything different though I'm sure they will try. I reserve the right to post my evidence online and send to third parties.

Graham phoned me to admit Domex did attend this job for my appliance and has never denied the above account occurred.
We have responded to Andrew via other platforms already to the very same review and there isn't anything else that we need to add.
First available appointments were 9 days from our call. That would have been ok and we were prepared to wait. But then they cancelled the appointment the day before and refused to give us a sooner appointment and we would have needed to wait over two more weeks for an appointment. So don’t use them at all if you need an urgent appointment or half decent customer service on the phone.
Dear V,

We are sorry to see your frustration about the lead time for your first appointment and how you have been dealt with. 9 days is long time, especially for our standards. However, right in the middle of holidays we were a bit overwhelmed. Similar to great restaurants on a busy Friday/Saturday night.

You haven't given us any job number, nor did you shared your name so we can't look up what has happened. If any of our team needs to learn anything from the interaction with you, we need to be able to identify it and review your entire journey. That's how we learn and improve. Sadly, without that key info, we won't be able to do that and frankly your feedback is as good as no feedback.

To this end, if you could drop me a line to graham.r@domex-uk.co.uk with your job number, we'll be able to review how things went and if any of our team needs improvement we'll act upon it.

Graham R
Customer Experience Manager
Engineer did not seem to be skilled nor courteous - he said cooker was fixed after some superficial testing. We had to point out to him that it was not fixed. We now need a 3rd visit! would not use or recommend DOMEX !!
Just unhappy with their poor engineers and small talk excuses.....I could go on and on but just get your appliances fixed elsewhere and save yourself some hassle
Dear Par4mrl,

It's obvious that you are disappointed with our service and we are sorry to see it. We have requested you to provide us with your job reference and/or post code so we can identify you and have an opportunity to see what had gone wrong.

The very least, your feedback will help us understand what caused your disappointment and could help us improve in future.

I hope you will email me back with your details soon to graham.r@domex-uk.co.uk

Domex
Keep Million miles away from Domex appliance repair company
The company does not even deserve 1star, engineer informed (after insisting on a constructive reply to what was wrong with my fridge) us at the time of inspection of the fridge that motor is cracked, and informed me that someone from their office would call me by 5pm or next day morning to update us with the repair. Neither they called me on the same day or the following day, I received a text message the next day stating "report has been submitted to Dometic and General" This is not quite the answer I was looking forward to, so I chased Domex with an update, at which point they informed me that Domestic and General has cancelled my policy and thus they are unable to repair the fridge.

Of course, disappointed with their decision I asked for the repair report, so I can take this up with Samsung as the motor has 10 years warranty. The report obviously did not mention anything about motor being damaged, all it stated was "The appliance is BER as refrigerant system is blocked" By the way "BER" stands for Beyond Economical Repair. Furthermore, their customer service person informed me that there is also a gas leak from the fridge which they can not trace as it could be leaking from anywhere within the fridge, Shouldn't the engineer be warning us of this dangerous situation of a gas leak!!!. by the way gas leak fault is not even mentioned in the report.
AWUL COMPANY AND STAFF.
Avoid costs. Insurance domestic and general sent Domex to fix leaking machine. Engineer had difficulty with machine, ended up tearing my flooring in several places. Full of black scratched that I can't get out. Took GRAHAM ROSS (seems to be the only manager there) 0ver 6 months to reply to my complaint, only to tell me a load of rubbish and refuse liability. NOw looking to take this matter further.
Domex Appliance Services is rated 4.78 based on 980 reviews