Domex Appliance Services Reviews

95% of reviewers recommend Domex Appliance Services

About Domex Appliance Services: At Domex, we believe appliance repair service should be straightforward, pleasant and affordable experience. If we have achieved that, great! However, if that's not the case, do let us know, this is what we are here for!

info@domex-uk.co.uk

Unit C, Surrey Business Park
Weston Road
Greater London

Tell us how Domex Appliance Services made you happy

"A truly awful company. The most incompetent technians. The most pointless customer service (never apologises or admits to mistakes). AVOID."
Dear Samantha,

I'm sorry to see that you had awful experience with us. We know sometimes things could go wrong and clearly this happened to you.

Would you kindly provide us with your job reference and/or post code and 1st line of your address please? This will help us find out what has gone wrong and will serve as an opportunity to try to put things right for you.

Would you email the above to: graham.r@domex-uk.co.uk please?

Thank you in advance and I look forward to seeing how we can assist from here.

Best Regards,

Graham R.
Domex
"This company destroyed my new dishwasher in 2018 when it only needed the detergent dispenser replaced. It was left dented, badly sealed and the electrics exposed to water making it potentially lethal. I recorded video of the technicians in action each time, just in case (I might publish these) but luckily Domex (Graham who will deny in his reply that it was them) admitted it was negligent when, after a third visit and lots of waiting in between when they could be bothered to come out again, a senior technician inspected the appliance. He wanted to take the appliance away for a complete refit but I complained to the manufacturer who arranged for it to be refunded fully from the retailer for Domex's incompetence. To this day I've had no formal apology or compensation from Domex for risking my safety/life and wasting hours of my time. What reminded to post this review is today I have been forced to use Domex again for my washing machine as Hoover-Candy engineers don't cover central London and there was more incompetence, this time with scheduling appointments. If you are forced to use this company I suggest watching the engineer like a hawk and video record their actions if it looks like they are banging away or forcing things into place as you might not be as lucky as I was to have the manufacturer [eventually] back you up when it goes wrong. I am now considering referring last year's debacle to the HSE, BBC Watchdog and other organisations that might have an interest. With video evidence and recorded phone calls of all of the above facts I do not expect a rebuttal claiming anything different though I'm sure they will try. I reserve the right to post my evidence online and send to third parties. Graham phoned me to admit Domex did attend this job for my appliance and has never denied the above account occurred."
We have responded to Andrew via other platforms already to the very same review and there isn't anything else that we need to add.
"First available appointments were 9 days from our call. That would have been ok and we were prepared to wait. But then they cancelled the appointment the day before and refused to give us a sooner appointment and we would have needed to wait over two more weeks for an appointment. So don’t use them at all if you need an urgent appointment or half decent customer service on the phone."
Dear V,

We are sorry to see your frustration about the lead time for your first appointment and how you have been dealt with. 9 days is long time, especially for our standards. However, right in the middle of holidays we were a bit overwhelmed. Similar to great restaurants on a busy Friday/Saturday night.

You haven't given us any job number, nor did you shared your name so we can't look up what has happened. If any of our team needs to learn anything from the interaction with you, we need to be able to identify it and review your entire journey. That's how we learn and improve. Sadly, without that key info, we won't be able to do that and frankly your feedback is as good as no feedback.

To this end, if you could drop me a line to graham.r@domex-uk.co.uk with your job number, we'll be able to review how things went and if any of our team needs improvement we'll act upon it.

Graham R
Customer Experience Manager
"Engineer did not seem to be skilled nor courteous - he said cooker was fixed after some superficial testing. We had to point out to him that it was not fixed. We now need a 3rd visit! would not use or recommend DOMEX !!"
"Just unhappy with their poor engineers and small talk excuses.....I could go on and on but just get your appliances fixed elsewhere and save yourself some hassle"
Dear Par4mrl,

It's obvious that you are disappointed with our service and we are sorry to see it. We have requested you to provide us with your job reference and/or post code so we can identify you and have an opportunity to see what had gone wrong.

The very least, your feedback will help us understand what caused your disappointment and could help us improve in future.

I hope you will email me back with your details soon to graham.r@domex-uk.co.uk

Graham R.
Domex
"Keep Million miles away from Domex appliance repair company The company does not even deserve 1star, engineer informed (after insisting on a constructive reply to what was wrong with my fridge) us at the time of inspection of the fridge that motor is cracked, and informed me that someone from their office would call me by 5pm or next day morning to update us with the repair. Neither they called me on the same day or the following day, I received a text message the next day stating "report has been submitted to Dometic and General" This is not quite the answer I was looking forward to, so I chased Domex with an update, at which point they informed me that Domestic and General has cancelled my policy and thus they are unable to repair the fridge. Of course, disappointed with their decision I asked for the repair report, so I can take this up with Samsung as the motor has 10 years warranty. The report obviously did not mention anything about motor being damaged, all it stated was "The appliance is BER as refrigerant system is blocked" By the way "BER" stands for Beyond Economical Repair. Furthermore, their customer service person informed me that there is also a gas leak from the fridge which they can not trace as it could be leaking from anywhere within the fridge, Shouldn't the engineer be warning us of this dangerous situation of a gas leak!!!. by the way gas leak fault is not even mentioned in the report."
"AWUL COMPANY AND STAFF. Avoid costs. Insurance domestic and general sent Domex to fix leaking machine. Engineer had difficulty with machine, ended up tearing my flooring in several places. Full of black scratched that I can't get out. Took GRAHAM ROSS (seems to be the only manager there) 0ver 6 months to reply to my complaint, only to tell me a load of rubbish and refuse liability. NOw looking to take this matter further."
"It’s really unfortunate that I have to leave this review because the very simple problem could have been rectified by Domex a long time ago.. after 5 follow up calls, still nothing! Almost a year ago now, an engineer came out to service our washing machine. They took the door off to get to the machine, damaged it in the process and it’s never been fixed. Now we have no washing machine door cover. Every time we’ve called the company about it, we’ve been told every time that someone would get back to us. They never have. Photos are attached for proof. Terrible way to do business Domex.. you’ve had plenty opportunities to put this right."
"Appointments rescheduled twice. Weather being the excuse. When i called them up this morning, they mentioned that I am 3rd in queue. So it means they were doung rounds in this weather(no snow and london and surrounding areas are normal). They just don’t want to work. Avoid them and go with British Gas. I regret I am having to stay on with this company for another year as I paid for my appliance insurance. Extremely unprofessional!"
Dear Venky,

We are sorry to hear that you feel that we had let you down. It is rather inconvenient without a washing machine and understand that you feel disappointed.

Both times we had to reschedule was indeed as result of the weather. The engineer who had the part and was meant to visit you lives in an area which is not only hilly but severely affected as well.

You are right, you were 3rd on the list but the engineer had not even started as he could not make it out of his area. We were hoping that the weather will allow the engineer to set off (even though with slight delay) but the conditions even worsen. Some of us stayed in and could work from home and while outside may seem rather normal that is not the case few miles away!

On both occasions we got in touch as soon as we ascertained that we wouldn't be able to see you and did what we could to keep you informed!

These are exceptional circumstances and we all experienced disruptions of some kind. Our fleet runs on normal tyres which is rather challenging in these true winter conditions. In a normal circumstances we would not have let you down at all! Some engineers managed to do certain jobs but could not pass certain areas (hilly parts, tricky junctions etc) leading to running ok for a part of the day and not being able to visit some customers.

We did our best trying to see as many customers as we could and we had been keeping the rest informed, including yourself about the progress. We hope that you’ll see pass the unforeseen circumstances and see that we’ve done our utmost.

Domex
"engineer was rude, and left my washing machine worse than before he did the so called repair, it flooded my kitchen, the original repair was the machine was not spinning. would leave no stars but don't have the option. Second visit the engineer could not wait to leave he was in the flat less than 2 minutes, this engineer definitely had a problem when I told him that he had not fixed the problem he told me that he was 5 minutes away and to call him. Domex promised to send somebody else between 10:00 am and 13:00 hrs but they did not come. Would not have this company anywhere near my home again worst company every"
Dear Mrs Morris,
I’m sorry to hear that your experience with us has not been a good one.
When you reported the leak the day after our visit, we did what we could to get the engineer there that day. The engineer refitted the emergency hose.
You called in later that day to say that leak was contained, but that there was still a drip.
As you said in your review this was booked for 22/02/2018 between. Due to a cancellation in your area, on our supervisor’s job list, there was a mistake made. Your appointment had been cancelled off his job list. Once you called and the mistake was picked up @ 13:04 we wanted to get him to you within the hour. Unfortunately ( and understandably) you were not going to be available.
As you already mentioned, you were not happy for us to re-attend. I apologies for the mistake made.
Kind regards,
Domex
"This is the second review I am writing about this company and I have to do it because the situation is becoming worse. I had a problem with DOMEX, because they haven't informed me about additional charges in advance. They said that the repair will be made for free. When I was arranging an engineer appointment, lady from customer services from DOMEX haven't told me, that they may charge me if it is not manufacture fault. I found out that I need to pay when the job was done and the engineer said that we have to pay. So the situation is simple: the company is not providing enough information to customers, so they believe that they can repair their product under the guarantee and in fact they are forcing them to pay for their services. If I knew that, I would book someone else, who is closer and cheaper. Also, recently I was contacted by Managing Director of Domex, who was very unhappy with my first honest review and this is one of the emails he addressed me : "I am surprised that you continue to have the wrong impression and I am disappointed to hear that you believe it’s all our fault. For your information, we spoke to you on two occasions and both were handled by male staff as opposed to female. All you are describing below that we should’ve done i.e. clarifying about charges is BEKO’s contact centre responsibility. This part of the process is not for us to cover. Once we receive service request by them we expect them (as part of the process) to have covered the below, which is why we don’t do it. I can see how this could all be very confusing and still believe that your frustration is with the fact that BEKO (Contact Centre touch point) did not explain to you about the charges. I am not blaming anybody here but just try to clarify for your own benefit." 1. He blames BEKO - manufacturer company for this mistake. Because apparently BEKO was suppose to inform me about the charges. Domex is providing the fixing services, but they blame absolutely another company for it. Apparently you can do it! 2. " For your information, we spoke to you on two occasions and both were handled by male staff as opposed to female. " - I think this sentence is very sexist. I have an issue with DOMEX, because your customer service haven't provided me with right information, not because you are men. How can you blame you customers for speaking to male representatives? That makes you sexist, not me. The customer service representative was a lady, by the way. 3. This company is denying their fault and providing very creative excuses, because they know that they are not informing customers about the charges. Why another company should be responsible for your charges? This is absolutely disrespectful towards your customers. NEVER USE THEM!"
Dear Jara,

We are sorry to hear that you feel dissatisfied with the experience.

We have tried to explain to you that the malfunction of your appliance is as result of external problem i.e. your kitchen sink pipes.

The manufacturer of your appliance, provide you with a year warranty for your washing machine. However, they cover repairs that are as result of appliance component breakdown/failure. Any other reasons are expected to be paid by the customer e.g. foreign bodies in pump, incorrect installation, infrastructure issues. If your washing machine failed as result of a faulty pump, this would've been repaired under manufacturer's warranty. The failure of you washing machine was nothing to do with the appliance itself and therefore not covered!

Your washing machine is NOT faulty and never has been. It was a blocked drain (part of kitchen plumbing) which was making your appliance fail (preventing your appliance from draining). You do have a fully working machine as result of our engineer's visit and have a good idea where to look should you have similar issues in future.

We can see your confusion and disappointment and we only tried to give you more facts which you seem to disregard.

You still have warranty for any electrical/mechanical faults with your machine until the end of the 1st year and truly hope you understand the warranty terms now (copy could be found within your paperwork).

Domex
"Worst ever customer service. My cooker broke on the 28th of August (my fault) and I am still waiting for them to repair. I have to call myself asking for updates and they come back with lies such as I wasn't willing to pay the engineer that is why they cancel my request (I never said that!). It has been 2 month now and I still can't use my cooker (I need to cook for my baby!). Very very bad service"
Dear Isabel,

Thank you for your review and as per our discussion, we have been let down by the manufacturer 3 times. The oven door kept on arriving like a "bag of salt" and as it's not a functional item it takes this bit longer each time to arrive.

Of course this is no excuse, it's just frustrating that we are dependent on the manufacturer of your cooker and have no other choice but to work with them.

We are sorry that this has cause you and your young family inconvenience and we truly hope to have you back as customer in future!

Domex
"After waiting a week for a repair I phoned to the company for them to organise an appointment for the repair on Tuesday between 10-14.00. We waited in all this time and then phoned at 14.00. We were told that the part was not given to the engineer and that we would have to reschedule. At no time did anyone from the company ring me to explain. Today again I waited in between 10-14.00 to be told after I rang again, that the repair could not be carried out as the item was damaged. Again no one phoned to explain."
"Domex came out and diagnosed that my range cooker needed a new induction generator. I paid for the parts and labour up front and they visited to do the repair. I was present during the repair and after around 1.5 hrs I asked them how it was going. I was told fine and that they would be finished in 10 minutes. I popped back after 10mins and found that they had already left, my mobile then rang, they were calling me from their van and told me cooker not fixed and more parts are needed. I rang Domex and they asked me pay for 2 more parts costing hundreds of pounds on top of what I have already paid. I have asked for some clarity over what they had done and for a service report but no one can answer any of my questions and say that there is no service report available. I have spoken to Domex twice now and each time they have promised to get back to me and failed to do so. I am currently left waiting for basic information with no apology or explanation - and still with a cooker that needs fixing...."
"Their service is very poor. I was falsely offered a service to purchase an insurance for my fridge freezer. I was told if they cant repair it, they would replace it. The engineer came to site to try and repair the fridge and broke it entirely. I was then told that I would need to go and buy a new one myself. at the time of buying the insurance I want told that the insurance wasnt with them direct, but with another company. their staff are very unhelpful. I would never recommend them to my worst nightmare, they are thieves. Stay away."
Dear Julie-Anne,

Thankfully we could recognize your review after you rang to complain, which we are grateful for.

We have listened to the call and all agreed that it was not as you describe it above. We are very transparent and as part of the service plan that you took, the inspection visit had cost you NOTHING!

You did, however, mentioned in the initial call that Knowhow had been out and we all could see the damage their engineer had done to cause the failure of your fridge subsequently. It is disappointing you still blame us for "breaking your fridge".

We have stood up to what we promised you when taking the plan i.e. if we couldn't fix the first fault, we cancel the plan and you pay nothing!

We have reported to the plan provider, who empathize to your situation and decided to support you further.

One thing is certain, we've been transparent throughout and did nothing wrong and we are truly sorry to see that you feel this way and more importantly share misleading information.

Lastly, it's difficult to see how one is branded thief when one has NOT taken or stolen anything!

Domex
"engineer came to repair leiberr fridge freezer as malfunction light was coming on. he found a fault made a repair and fridge was working. 5 hours later malfunction light came on AGAIN, NOT HAPPY AT ALL!!!!!"
"Call them to tell them that my smeg hob wasn't working and another engineer told me exactly the issue. Call them and explained but they insisted that they had to inspect themselves and assured me that they carry the majority of spared parts. At the visit the guy who came to check my hob, came to tell me that it wasn't working and I had to changed the part. This cost me £45. I already knew this and now they have called me to quote me that to come back and 1 top of the hob will cost me £150. This company is a ripped off, dont use it. Very unhappy."
"Domex... this is rubbish company i waiting now 5 weeks to repair my washing machine 3 weeks waiting for parts next week they said parts arrived damage so i need wait 5 working days and today again said next new part arrived damage.... and again wait next 1 maybe 2 weeks... i don't have washing machine... really do not recommend!!!"
Dear Robert,

As your washing machine is under manufacturer's warranty (Hoover) we rely on their spares supply chain and distribution. Therefore any delay in obtaining spares parts is COMPLETELY out of our control.

I understand the difficulty during this time and we do what's in our powers to minimize the impact. We received the job instructions on the 5th of Oct and schedule a visit on the 7th. We have placed parts on order immediately after repair visit i.e. on the 7/10/2016, kept you up-to-date with the progress and acted swiftly (we advised you as soon as part was received and inspected the damage).

We are also frustrated and we are constantly chasing the manufacturer for all repairs needing parts including you and will ensure we schedule a return visit on the very next day once parts are in (this is in our control).

While this response doesn't give you a fixed product, hopefully, you understand that we are restricted to what we can do and where the actual delay is. Would you like us to voice your complaint with Hoover to see if they are likely to offer alternative solution? If so, email us to info@domex-uk.co.uk.

Customer Relations Team
"Arranged by Hotpoint to fix faulty tumble dryer. I offered the engineer floor protection, he refused, chipped the floor tiles, refused responsibility and was rude to me as he left. I registered my complaint through Hotpoint and an employee of Domex contacted me, I sent him pictures of the floor and he reviewed my complaint. He then judged the damage to my tiles to be due to imperfections and erosion of the 'natural stone' which was surprising as my tiles are man-made. The company are accepting no responsibility and I'm still waiting for an apology."
"21.7.2016 Chris Failure to arrive for appointment letting me only 3/4 hour before. It was to repair a fridge freezer so it really needed fixing due to the hot weather, I was told I had to wait for a further appointment. I don't under stand the charges! They say there is no call out and then charge £40 to arrive a nod then £40 for a diagnositic decision, so what is the first £40 if it is not a call out?"
Domex Appliance Services is rated 4.80 based on 776 reviews