Domex Appliance Services Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Domex Appliance Services

About Domex Appliance Services: At Domex, we believe appliance repair service should be straightforward, pleasant and affordable experience. If we have achieved that, great! However, if that's not the case, do let us know, this is what we are here for!

info@domex-uk.co.uk

61 High Path
London
SW19 2JY

How would you rate Domex Appliance Services?

"I am a letting agent and Domex are always reliable and professional. Their chap George has just fixed a washing machine for me and was efficient, quick to diagnose the problem and fixed it immediately."
"Very friendy and manage to diagnose the fault.Excellent services.Will use them again.Thank you"
"Diagnosed the problem, professional service, report detailing the electrical issue with advice."
"Terrible. I asked for a quote and they give you low ones for diagnostic (36 pounds I think). They cannot give you the slightest hint as to the price of parts .... funny that. So the engineer coles by and behold when we do get a quote ..... it’s a whopping 420.70 pounds. Wow. Not exactly a bargain. Any idiot faced with that would buy a new machine. Not working with this company again."
Dear Anonymous Customer,

We are disappointed to see that you refer to the following service as "terrible"
1. You call Domex, NOT knowing what is wrong with your appliance, neither do we.
2. At this point we give you full explanation and clear prices: Diagnostic of £36 which is to find out EXACTLY what the fault is (irrespective of how long it takes); finding out how much the parts cost (not known at time of booking!) and giving you that information along with the ETA for completion.
3. Empower you to choose whether to proceed or not, which leaves you with the Labour charge of £36-£48 to put towards alternative appliance (much as you have suggested).

The above 3 simple steps are part of our transparent process, leaving customer in control of their spending!

Sadly, we could not identify you to be able to comment specifically. However, we don't argue that the above cost (if true) is high. Remember, we don't manufacture and/or price any parts.

This is precisely the reason why we split our Diagnostic & Labour so that you are only pay what you really need!

However, you seem to be left with the impression that somehow we miraculously knew exactly what was wrong with your product, what the part numbers were and most importantly their cost and decided to keep that info from you. We didn't and we rarely do, which is why we need to send an engineer.

Finally, while you may be disappointed that the cost of the repair was too high, at least you know why you are buying a new appliance and you have £40 pound to put towards it.

Regards,

Domex
"The engineer was very efficient and accurately diagnosed and replaced the faulty part."
"We finally got an engineer that provided us with genuine customer services."
"Really easy to use and so grateful for an engineer to come out over the holidays. Engineer was efficient, friendly and clean. Definitely a company I'll use again and gladly recommend."
"Very good company to use, Claudiu Vila was the engineer who fixed my washing machine he was pleasant and a well manner guy."
"This is the second review I am writing about this company and I have to do it because the situation is becoming worse. I had a problem with DOMEX, because they haven't informed me about additional charges in advance. They said that the repair will be made for free. When I was arranging an engineer appointment, lady from customer services from DOMEX haven't told me, that they may charge me if it is not manufacture fault. I found out that I need to pay when the job was done and the engineer said that we have to pay. So the situation is simple: the company is not providing enough information to customers, so they believe that they can repair their product under the guarantee and in fact they are forcing them to pay for their services. If I knew that, I would book someone else, who is closer and cheaper. Also, recently I was contacted by Managing Director of Domex, who was very unhappy with my first honest review and this is one of the emails he addressed me : "I am surprised that you continue to have the wrong impression and I am disappointed to hear that you believe it’s all our fault. For your information, we spoke to you on two occasions and both were handled by male staff as opposed to female. All you are describing below that we should’ve done i.e. clarifying about charges is BEKO’s contact centre responsibility. This part of the process is not for us to cover. Once we receive service request by them we expect them (as part of the process) to have covered the below, which is why we don’t do it. I can see how this could all be very confusing and still believe that your frustration is with the fact that BEKO (Contact Centre touch point) did not explain to you about the charges. I am not blaming anybody here but just try to clarify for your own benefit." 1. He blames BEKO - manufacturer company for this mistake. Because apparently BEKO was suppose to inform me about the charges. Domex is providing the fixing services, but they blame absolutely another company for it. Apparently you can do it! 2. " For your information, we spoke to you on two occasions and both were handled by male staff as opposed to female. " - I think this sentence is very sexist. I have an issue with DOMEX, because your customer service haven't provided me with right information, not because you are men. How can you blame you customers for speaking to male representatives? That makes you sexist, not me. The customer service representative was a lady, by the way. 3. This company is denying their fault and providing very creative excuses, because they know that they are not informing customers about the charges. Why another company should be responsible for your charges? This is absolutely disrespectful towards your customers. NEVER USE THEM!"
Dear Jara,

We are sorry to hear that you feel dissatisfied with the experience.

We have tried to explain to you that the malfunction of your appliance is as result of external problem i.e. your kitchen sink pipes.

The manufacturer of your appliance, provide you with a year warranty for your washing machine. However, they cover repairs that are as result of appliance component breakdown/failure. Any other reasons are expected to be paid by the customer e.g. foreign bodies in pump, incorrect installation, infrastructure issues. If your washing machine failed as result of a faulty pump, this would've been repaired under manufacturer's warranty. The failure of you washing machine was nothing to do with the appliance itself and therefore not covered!

Your washing machine is NOT faulty and never has been. It was a blocked drain (part of kitchen plumbing) which was making your appliance fail (preventing your appliance from draining). You do have a fully working machine as result of our engineer's visit and have a good idea where to look should you have similar issues in future.

We can see your confusion and disappointment and we only tried to give you more facts which you seem to disregard.

You still have warranty for any electrical/mechanical faults with your machine until the end of the 1st year and truly hope you understand the warranty terms now (copy could be found within your paperwork).

Regards,
Domex
"Highly professional, efficient, quick and friendly. A brilliant service."
"Excellent, honest, highly professional and friendly service by Alex. Problem identified - problem solved very quickly. Highly recommended"
"Easily arranged repair service. Polite staff and problem resolved on the day for reasonable price"
Annita P (SE1, SE18)
Unverified Reviewer
"I have been a Domex customer for 12 or so years. I can highly recommend their services, my first contact was with Victor, who addressed some minor issues with my appliances many years ago. Since then I have followed his advice of ensuring my machines are well maintained. This includes, a hot empty wash for my washing machine 90/95 at least once a month to ensure any bacteria/mould is killed. This included using powder rather than liquid or gel in my washing machine. Since gels or liquids can help mould be generated whereas powdered detergents contain elements (usually some beach/surfactants) that keep clean the metal parts of the washing machine preventing mould. Other advice included using separate dishwasher detergent tablets, rinse aid, and salt, to enable the machine to use it’s programming to release agents at the appropriate time (not like the multi tablets). In the same way as the washing machine, I was advised at least one hot more comprehensive empty wash in the dishwasher for the same reasons as for the washing machine. I also tend to buy machines that are mostly mechanical and have least electronic components as failure of those parts is often most expensive and any repair is difficult on electronic parts. I can honestly say thanks to this type of advice my appliances have lasted some 10 years. I have needed the items serviced from time to time, when wearing parts have had issue. I have had a belt replaced on my dryer, I have had paddles replaced on my washing machine, I have had a water hose , replaced on my fridge. I have also had Domex attend two other properties I manage for errors or issues with appliances. I have sought their advice in replacing the two fridge freezers at the end of their life this last year. I have in fact always had Domex replace any end of life appliance in the last 10 years now, due to my excellent experience with them; providing not only extremely high-quality care and repair, but also great value for money on long lasting appliances. Thank you Domex."
"Engineer identified the problem immediately and sorted it within minutes. Friendly, efficient, notified me when he would be arriving. All very good"
"Claudiu the Engineer was very polite and very professional. Fixed the problem with my oven efficiently and explained everything that he was doing. Highly recommend!!"
"Nick the engineering arrived within the time frame that was given to us, he was helpful and friendly and extremely efficient. The washing machine was fixed very quickly. I am very happy with the service that has been provided by Domex today."
"Very good service. Our engineer Vladimir sorted out the problem very quickly and was very polite & helpful"
"Engineer Nas, rang 25 minutes before he arrived and carried out the repair on the ignition button of our Rangemaster cooker in about half an hour. Very fast and efficient service. Would definitely recommend."
"Excellent service from the engineer, Kris, to back up that provided by the office when arranging the visit. Charges were as agreed."
"Engerieer came out and told me nothing wrong with my fridge freezer however the temp dial for fridge always goes back to -2 after a while even though I adjust it. I also have a very loud noise that comes from my fridge at least once a day which I was told was normal however I have to switch off my fridge to stop the noise. As the workers are on a time schedule they can not sit around and wait to witness what I am talking about so I am left with the same issue was a waste of my time."
Domex Appliance Services is rated 4.82 based on 546 reviews