Confused.com - Home Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Confused.com - Home Insurance
Read Confused.com - Home Insurance Reviews
Seems ok on the web site, but once you leave confused.com to complete on the vendors webpage the price suddenly goes up. Using the phone was a mess, the number gave a choice, which then gave an alternative number to call, you call that number and they say it is out of use. What a palaver - stuck with my original insurer instead.
Still got no paperwork...
You fill everything out as you go along and it gives you price but then they give you options which put price up and I wasn't sure if they were needed or if they were already included in first price
Unable to get past payment to confirm purchase
I got a quote before my insurance was due as I searched the market for the best deal, compared it to other quotes with other providers but then returned only to find the quote was had increased! My details had remained the same so I did not see why there should be an increase in my premium. Talked to someone by phone who advised the quote I had decided to buy had expired! Was so frustrating and I only went with Confused because my insurance was due and I had lost the energy and will to look at any more sites.
lack of trust
It was a pain to use and kept restarting
Found it quite easy to navigate the site, but once you get to putting in insurance details it started to get more confusing.
I tried your lowest price ìnsurance which was admiral insurance .When I click on to buy it did not go through.
I found prices a LOT cheaper elsewhere.
Have taken out home insurance recommended but was disappointed not to get £20.00 voucher which was advertised. Feel this was misleading advertising.
It is a search engine like the rest.
i couldnt access the sitde as ut was frozen but not at my end . I ended up going else where. I was offefred 3 choices because i couldnt amend by details due to a frezze
Couldn’t get on site
Had to cancel my bank card due to one of the company's you recommend not being secure.
Got confused with passwords couldn’t access anything. Had to come out and go back into days later
Buildings insurance quotes found by confused.com are clearly based on a generic set of questions - each provider then has their own endless questions, depending on the answers to which, a materially different final quote is given. The original price comparison is therefore meaningless. Claiming a "reward" (about which much is made in the TV adverts) predictably involves agreeing to some small print about some marketing company getting hold of one's data - so there are strings attached, and it is not actually free.
Uuuuuuuuty