Confused.com - Home Insurance Reviews

of reviewers recommend Confused.com - Home Insurance
Read Confused.com - Home Insurance Reviews
Too expensive
Hello carolyn, Thank you for your feedback. As we are a price comparison website, we don’t actually calculate any prices. The prices displayed on your results page are all calculated and returned by our panel of insurance providers, based on the information you entered on our website. They work out the premium based on claims statistics gathered for other drivers with similar details and some insurers do change their rates frequently. If you would like to query any of your prices, we would recommend calling the insurer directly and they should be able to explain this to you in more detail. Corey (Confused.com Representative)
Total joke the offers sent are no resemblance of the figures quoted eg £252 became £1360 and this wasnt a one off no details changed on my requirements. The site need to improve the monitoring of agencies using the site and not allow it for the commission.
Hello Paul, Thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear this has happened. If you would like us to look into this, please can you contact our support team at, communications@confused.com with the details of your query? I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to hearing from you. Corey (Confused.com Representative)
It is very very annoying just like the fat one that sings on tv advertisement like nanny goat 🐐 .
Promised £32.50 Cashback but then said I couldn’t have it as they game me a £20 fuel reward instead. What a con.
Hello Bradley, Thanks for your review. If you would like us to look into this for you, please can you email our support team at, communications@confused.com? We look forward to hearing from you. Kathryn (Confused.com Representative)
I was in a tight spot and needed insurance. I was disappointed to find that Intellegent Insurance, whilst it offered the cover I needed, made it non-cancellable. i.e., I may only want it for a month and pay for the year but they wont refund me the balance of premium if and when I cancel it. Opportunists - not a really respectable way of doing business. I provide all details, I pay in full in good faith - am made aware no refunds of course - but no choice. Not really customer friendly. Once I've sorted things I will make sure I dont get in a 'got you by the curlies' position again.
Hello Julie, Thanks for your review. If you would like us to look into the issues you have raised, please can you contact our support team at, communications@confused.com with the details of your query? I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused and we look forward to hearing from you. Kathryn (Confused.com Representative)
too difficult and the site keeps asking the password all the time. Generally prices for the home insurance were very expensive.
Hello Snehlata, Thank you for your review and I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced these difficulties. If you would like us to reset your password for you please can you email, communications@confused.com? Please ensure that you include your full name, date of birth and postcode when emailing us as we will need these details to reset your password for security purposes. Also in regards to the prices you received, it is important to note we don’t actually calculate any of the prices displayed on your Results page. These prices are all calculated and returned by our panel of insurance providers, based on the information you entered on our website. Therefore if you would like to query any of your prices, we would recommend calling the insurer directly and they should be able to explain this to you in more detail. I hope this helps. Kathryn (Confused.com Representative)
I will never buy online again. Cancellations T&C's not clear. And I can't go back on my history to prove the issues that I wish to complaint about.
Hello Debbie, Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear you feel this way. In order for our support team to investigate this for you, please can you email communications@confused.com with details of your issue. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Alicia (Confused.com Representative)
Entered through Topcashback, bought home insurance,directed by you to RIAS to complete transaction, on return you had logged me out, I lost out on £32 cashback. Won't use you again.
Hello Marjorie, Thank you for your feedback and I’m sorry to hear you had this issue. Can you please email communications@confused.com so a member of our team can investigate this for you as soon as possible. I’m very sorry for any inconvenience caused. Alicia (Confused.com Representative)
The price for house insurance from admiral was£82 but their website wouldn't give me access. On telephoning I was told I'd made an error on my application form and after repeating many of the same answers was eventually told my premium would be £153! I hadn't made any errors on my original form and the whole process was an attempted scam. It is unlikely that I will be using your site or Admiral in the future.
Hello, Thank you for your review. I am very sorry this has happened to you and would like to investigate this for you, can you please email communications@confused.com? I look forward to your email and I am sorry for any inconvenience caused. Ruby (Confused.com Representative)
admiral quote with ref no 70 pound but would not take payment online - had to phone and argue that I wsas not paying 140 for some gold policyy I did not want
Hello, Thank you for your review, It appears the issue is with the insurer however, if you would like us to look into anything for you please email communications@confused.com. Ruby (Confused.com Representative)
Yes I purchased home insurance from One Call I was to believe I had 10 to cancel next day I cancelled and only to be told I would have to pay £49.99 cancellation fee not happy at all
I have just renewed my home insurance through you and you still keep sending me "only so many days left to renew" messages, so I have checked up with the insurance company (Magnet) only to be told my insurance isn't due till August, so I now have to get a refund back on my money, NOT IMPRESSED
Hello, Thank you for your review. I’m sorry you feel this way about Confused.com, if you have any queries please don’t hesitate to email us at communications@confused.com. Ruby (Confused.com Representative)
Scam!!! Had someone do it for me as I have a learning illness. Well I wanted accidental damage and asked for it. When purchased and read terms and conditions that where not clear or in sight when signing up it turns out that basically nothing is really covered. Tried to cancel before policy even started and they wanted £50!!! To cancel. One call!! Stay clear as are complete scammers and I can’t believe you have a company like this on your site. Now I’ve had to let the insurance run for a year as wasn’t prepared to pay £50 for something I never myself signed up for and even explained this to them but didn’t make no difference in their eyes, though on a legal point it does due to my illness but still wouldn’t accept this matter. I wont be using this comparison site again,I’ve used it for years to, but after this it just shows you dont do background checks on companies. I also had the company googled and seems like the company is WELL known for their shady hidden terms of contract. Never again!!!
Even though I put the specific cover I wanted on your site when I went through to nationwide site it just kept going up
Hi, I am sorry if you had a bad experience on the website. If you email our customer support team on communications@confused.com with the full details of your query they can assist further. I hope this helps.
Confused is a good way to get a competitive quote I have been with the same company for years who are now taking the Mickey out of me for my loyalty get on confused and get a quote there is a few issues with sorting out valuables but not massive the only reason I gave a zero for would I recommend is I never recommend anything as a matter of principle hope that suits
Home insurance quotes increased by £200 in 24 hours.
Hi, I am sorry if you had a bad experience on the website. The price displayed on our site should be the same on our partners site. If you email our customer support team on communications@confused.com with the full details of your query they can assist further. I hope this helps.
Transferred me to LV where I have had a nightmare. Unable to process my payment but they processed it 7 (seven) times and I’m now fighting to get it back in my bank account.
Hi, I am sorry if you had a bad experience on the website. Please email our customer support team on communications@confused.com with the full details of your query they can assist further. I hope this helps.
not for me sorry
Products quoted were not correct as they didn’t include specific items but confused said they did and price more than double when through to agents
Waste of time. Wanted insurance for second home. Was quoted as such, but then declined by insurer as was told "second home insurance not available via Confused.com".
Confused.com - Home Insurance is rated 4.57 based on 13,862 reviews