Castlegate Lights Reviews

info@castlegatelights.co.uk

Castlegate LightsUnit 28 Terry Dicken Ind EstStation RoadStokesley

Categories:
Home & Garden

How would you rate Castlegate Lights?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

24 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Clemmow

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Castlegate Lights in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"I ordered 2 really large chandeliers. They were delivered on time, exactly as specified. I was missing one of 33 lamp shades. They happily sent the other one to me within 3 days. I found them really helpful and would definitely order from them again."
"Buy from a local shop/store is my advice! My experience. Bought a lampshade, didn't read every bit of the description. It came quickly but it needed an adaptor to fit any table lamp. I rang Castlegate and they referred me to the description. There was a section about the carrier needed but it wasn't highlighted but there was another section highlighted but not relevant to my purchase (this has highlighted area since been removed) which I did read at the time and dismissed as irrelevant. I was advised I needed a carrier which was £2.50 (plus another £5.10 postage) as it is in various sizes I would need to have someone hold the shade above the lamp holder and measure to get the correct height... well I couldn't have done that without seeing the lampshade! I found the £2.50 carrier on Castlgates website and ordered the 4" carrier that I (thought) needed. It came quickly. It was the correct height but wouldn't fit my lamp holder. It turns out that there are different sized lamp holders the one I had bought was too small, no mention that there were two sizes when I spoke to the advisor. Castlegate do sell a larger diameter version, a bit more expensive but when I looked for the 4" height necessary they don't sell one. And it would have been another £5.10 postage on top! In fairness to Castlegate if I had read everything and checked the specification of all parts I could have made a better decision. I wouldn't have made the initial purchase as basically it wouldn't do the job. That isn't Castlegates fault. However the lesson I have learned is that I would have been better going to a local supplier/specialist. Discussed my needs and got the correct item. I am now frustrated that I have spent good money and don't have anything useful to show for it... lesson learned the hard way!"
"When i placed my order, i gave my prefered delivery address. I then received an email from the carrier(DPD) that my parcel could not be delivered due to no-one to sign for it. I found that it had been delivered to the wrong address. After giving DPD another address, and later collecting the parcel with my name on it, i found that it contained (with advice note) goods purchased by some-one else. After an email to Castlegate, my correct goods were finally delivered to my primary address,and agreed goodwill compo. I am NOT surprised that, to this date, i have received nothing. Not a good shopping experience at all."
"Customer service especially Elaine, went to some trouble tracking down a replacement part for me. Couldn't have asked for better more friendly and efficient service."
John Ferguson
Unverified Reviewer
"Horrific customer service, wrong order delivered......I was blamed for now having someone else's order in my house and sworn at on the phone!! BEWARE, do not use this cowboy company!!"
Richard Taylor
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service, well packed for transit, good coms, would highly recommend."
Hazel Martin
Verified Buyer
"Took forever to get a refund Would not touch with bargepole in future. hm"
MARK PRETLOVE
Verified Buyer
"My second purchase from Castlegate Lights. I was very impressed with the product quality, speed of delivery and excellent communication on my first purchase but the high standard was not maintained this time. Good communications ( I was informed of a lengthy delivery time and kept informed) but the product, while of good quality, was not as described in the on-line catalogue following a design modification by the manufacturer (chrome suspension rods had been replaced with electrical flex). I was politely offered a full refund but refused any price reduction. Having waited so long for the lights I decided to purchase chrome rods and pay my electrician to re-wire and fit them at a cost of £40. In view of the mis-description I feel that some compensation to help with my additional costs would have been appropriate."
Richard Smith
Verified Buyer
"Exactly what we wanted. Quality excellent and good value for money"
Neil Summerfield
Verified Buyer
"Excellent service and a nice looking light."
Lorraine Kibble
"Lovely!"
Douglas Moore
Verified Buyer
"Firstly About Castlegates Liights, there services wasnt the best I had to ring them serveral times to get the lights delivered each time they made some excuse why they had not been sent out, but when they did come they were well packed and in good order, secondly the lights themselves aren't stainless steel like described but just a stainless steel trim on the front, also the lights have filled with condensation, so the bottom cover is now filled with 1 inch of water, so for the price of these light they are not the best only time will tell"
Lionel James Simister
Verified Buyer
"Castlegate Lights provided a good service, delivering the lamps well packaged and on time. I am not particularly pleased with the lights themselves. The one I have assembled will not stand exactly vertically. I am not bothering with the second and will get rid of both of them, hopefully via the local newspaper."
Debbie Myers
Verified Buyer
"The negative comment here is not related to Castlegate Lights service which was good but the photos on the website. The light from the shade I ordered was nothing like the photo. I used the correct 60w bulb as suggested and it produced an awful dark cream colour, not white as shown. The shade looked like it was made from dark cream cardboard, I returned it."
Price
"Not as good as other suppliers we have used . Poor salesmanship with a non can do attitude"
Price
"The rise and fall light I bought was fine but the fixing hook, which, incidentally, was not inside the internal packing, but loose in the box was unsuitable. The fixing was a flat strip of metal with a small hook cut into it. This hook was very short and when the strip was screwed to the ceiling and the rise and fall mechanism hung from it, it was impossible to screw the white lamp holder cover to the mechanism. This was because the hook was so short, the screw threads could not engage. I was forced to buy a suitable hook before I was able to properly hang the lamp."
Price
"Its 11th August, you've sent me 4 x e-mails....I still don't have my goods, yet the money left my account on 30.07.13 - and you want me to write a review?? You have even sent 2 x e-mails as for this review....are you serious. Not happy! And btw where's my order???"
Price
"Delivery and contact first class. The fitting itself was excellent, pity that with the bulbs supplied one was faulty and gave off a dull yellow glow. Quality control please note."
"The lights have not yet arrived. So your request for a review is somewhat premature!!!!"
Beverley Morris
Verified Buyer
"Have not yet received product so what's to review?"
Castlegate Lights is rated 2.79 based on 23 reviews