Castlegate Lights Reviews

of reviewers recommend Castlegate Lights
Read Castlegate Lights Reviews
Received the lamp base and shade I had been searching several months for on their website. Ordering was easy, lamp and shades delivered to me in Ireland in under 10 days and arrived in perfect condition. Lamp is more impressive than I anticipated. Very pleased with the entire process. Would rec to friends.
My second (and not my last) time of ordering with Castlegate. Lovely lights on both occasions, and superb customer service - really helpful and incredibly prompt. I honestly cannot fault this company - and their prices are good too. I was so impressed with their service I even commented on it to them!
excellent service
I ordered 2 really large chandeliers. They were delivered on time, exactly as specified. I was missing one of 33 lamp shades. They happily sent the other one to me within 3 days. I found them really helpful and would definitely order from them again.
Customer service especially Elaine, went to some trouble tracking down a replacement part for me. Couldn't have asked for better more friendly and efficient service.
Excellent service, well packed for transit, good coms, would highly recommend.
Exactly what we wanted. Quality excellent and good value for money
Excellent service and a nice looking light.
Lovely!
My second purchase from Castlegate Lights. I was very impressed with the product quality, speed of delivery and excellent communication on my first purchase but the high standard was not maintained this time. Good communications ( I was informed of a lengthy delivery time and kept informed) but the product, while of good quality, was not as described in the on-line catalogue following a design modification by the manufacturer (chrome suspension rods had been replaced with electrical flex). I was politely offered a full refund but refused any price reduction. Having waited so long for the lights I decided to purchase chrome rods and pay my electrician to re-wire and fit them at a cost of £40. In view of the mis-description I feel that some compensation to help with my additional costs would have been appropriate.
Castlegate Lights provided a good service, delivering the lamps well packaged and on time. I am not particularly pleased with the lights themselves. The one I have assembled will not stand exactly vertically. I am not bothering with the second and will get rid of both of them, hopefully via the local newspaper.
Not as good as other suppliers we have used . Poor salesmanship with a non can do attitude
Delivery and contact first class. The fitting itself was excellent, pity that with the bulbs supplied one was faulty and gave off a dull yellow glow. Quality control please note.
The lights have not yet arrived. So your request for a review is somewhat premature!!!!
A decent website and good service but the picture of the lights showed they were switched but the narrative said they were not. The fact that they were not switched meant they were not fit for my purpose so the order had to be returned - which cost me.
Difficult to write a review as haven't received the goods yet - can only say couldn't place the order on line but very helpful lady on end of the phone when I phoned the order through...... Watch this space
Buy from a local shop/store is my advice! My experience. Bought a lampshade, didn't read every bit of the description. It came quickly but it needed an adaptor to fit any table lamp. I rang Castlegate and they referred me to the description. There was a section about the carrier needed but it wasn't highlighted but there was another section highlighted but not relevant to my purchase (this has highlighted area since been removed) which I did read at the time and dismissed as irrelevant. I was advised I needed a carrier which was £2.50 (plus another £5.10 postage) as it is in various sizes I would need to have someone hold the shade above the lamp holder and measure to get the correct height... well I couldn't have done that without seeing the lampshade! I found the £2.50 carrier on Castlgates website and ordered the 4" carrier that I (thought) needed. It came quickly. It was the correct height but wouldn't fit my lamp holder. It turns out that there are different sized lamp holders the one I had bought was too small, no mention that there were two sizes when I spoke to the advisor. Castlegate do sell a larger diameter version, a bit more expensive but when I looked for the 4" height necessary they don't sell one. And it would have been another £5.10 postage on top! In fairness to Castlegate if I had read everything and checked the specification of all parts I could have made a better decision. I wouldn't have made the initial purchase as basically it wouldn't do the job. That isn't Castlegates fault. However the lesson I have learned is that I would have been better going to a local supplier/specialist. Discussed my needs and got the correct item. I am now frustrated that I have spent good money and don't have anything useful to show for it... lesson learned the hard way!
Firstly About Castlegates Liights, there services wasnt the best I had to ring them serveral times to get the lights delivered each time they made some excuse why they had not been sent out, but when they did come they were well packed and in good order, secondly the lights themselves aren't stainless steel like described but just a stainless steel trim on the front, also the lights have filled with condensation, so the bottom cover is now filled with 1 inch of water, so for the price of these light they are not the best only time will tell
The negative comment here is not related to Castlegate Lights service which was good but the photos on the website. The light from the shade I ordered was nothing like the photo. I used the correct 60w bulb as suggested and it produced an awful dark cream colour, not white as shown. The shade looked like it was made from dark cream cardboard, I returned it.
The rise and fall light I bought was fine but the fixing hook, which, incidentally, was not inside the internal packing, but loose in the box was unsuitable. The fixing was a flat strip of metal with a small hook cut into it. This hook was very short and when the strip was screwed to the ceiling and the rise and fall mechanism hung from it, it was impossible to screw the white lamp holder cover to the mechanism. This was because the hook was so short, the screw threads could not engage. I was forced to buy a suitable hook before I was able to properly hang the lamp.
Castlegate Lights is rated 2.96 based on 28 reviews