Castlegate Lights Reviews

of reviewers recommend Castlegate Lights
Read Castlegate Lights Reviews
Buy from a local shop/store is my advice! My experience. Bought a lampshade, didn't read every bit of the description. It came quickly but it needed an adaptor to fit any table lamp. I rang Castlegate and they referred me to the description. There was a section about the carrier needed but it wasn't highlighted but there was another section highlighted but not relevant to my purchase (this has highlighted area since been removed) which I did read at the time and dismissed as irrelevant. I was advised I needed a carrier which was £2.50 (plus another £5.10 postage) as it is in various sizes I would need to have someone hold the shade above the lamp holder and measure to get the correct height... well I couldn't have done that without seeing the lampshade! I found the £2.50 carrier on Castlgates website and ordered the 4" carrier that I (thought) needed. It came quickly. It was the correct height but wouldn't fit my lamp holder. It turns out that there are different sized lamp holders the one I had bought was too small, no mention that there were two sizes when I spoke to the advisor. Castlegate do sell a larger diameter version, a bit more expensive but when I looked for the 4" height necessary they don't sell one. And it would have been another £5.10 postage on top! In fairness to Castlegate if I had read everything and checked the specification of all parts I could have made a better decision. I wouldn't have made the initial purchase as basically it wouldn't do the job. That isn't Castlegates fault. However the lesson I have learned is that I would have been better going to a local supplier/specialist. Discussed my needs and got the correct item. I am now frustrated that I have spent good money and don't have anything useful to show for it... lesson learned the hard way!
Firstly About Castlegates Liights, there services wasnt the best I had to ring them serveral times to get the lights delivered each time they made some excuse why they had not been sent out, but when they did come they were well packed and in good order, secondly the lights themselves aren't stainless steel like described but just a stainless steel trim on the front, also the lights have filled with condensation, so the bottom cover is now filled with 1 inch of water, so for the price of these light they are not the best only time will tell
The negative comment here is not related to Castlegate Lights service which was good but the photos on the website. The light from the shade I ordered was nothing like the photo. I used the correct 60w bulb as suggested and it produced an awful dark cream colour, not white as shown. The shade looked like it was made from dark cream cardboard, I returned it.
The rise and fall light I bought was fine but the fixing hook, which, incidentally, was not inside the internal packing, but loose in the box was unsuitable. The fixing was a flat strip of metal with a small hook cut into it. This hook was very short and when the strip was screwed to the ceiling and the rise and fall mechanism hung from it, it was impossible to screw the white lamp holder cover to the mechanism. This was because the hook was so short, the screw threads could not engage. I was forced to buy a suitable hook before I was able to properly hang the lamp.
The light was lovely, as advertised and nice. However, there was no G9 bulb in the box, although it said it was supplied. Put the light but have not been able to use it. Never mind not the end of the world.
Castlegate Lights is rated 2.96 based on 28 reviews