CarStore Dundee Reviews

CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 10th December 2019
Brad Gosling
CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 20th November 2019
Barry Sharp
Ok so bought a DS3 for wife, unfortunately they put diesel in the car by accident when we went to get it🤦‍♂️....so apologies all round promised it will be fixed...ok mistakes happen, car kept breaking down no power...so broke down one day had the misspleasure of finnaly getting through to a rather rude lady lets call her R. Had broken down car towed to back to them as instructed by Head office in Glasgow for R to turn us away saying car was older than 3 month old (4 month) and wasnt thier issue! Had to get car towed away to another garage for repair.
After 4th breakdown I called Car Store, and was told to get it towed in, done that, was told would be a day or 2 nearly a week later called and got the lovely R from servicing again, was told they were doing me a favour and that I was lucky we fitted the car in, and by the way you will have to pay for the spark plugs if we repair it! So wasn't happy but bit the bullet, another week later car still not fixed (2 day job). After nearly 3 weeks got car back paid for plugs and 200 meters down the road...bang broken down again...towed back and fixed then called to say that they have no idea what is wrong with the car...after long haggles and countless arguments they took car back and sold me another car (corsa) for an extra £1000 on agreement I may add. Was told car be ready for collection in a few days neary 2 weeks later I picked car up...seems fine so far, also had a nice man call me to say when this opportunity for a review would I give them 5 stars 🤣🤣🤣...I can honestly say NEVER AGAIN would I buy a car from Car Store...and anyone I can influence I will ask them to stay well clear.
Good Morning Brian,
We are so sorry to hear this. I will escalate these comments to the onsite management.

Aftersales non existent.
Employing an aftersales team for nothing do not buy a car from this garage .
Good morning,
We are so sorry to hear this. If you would like to supply contact details I will escalate your concerns to the site management team.

Untrustworthy, cheating, liars
We are sorry to read these comments Moira. They have been passed onto the site management team.

Team PV.
I don't normally leave reviews and rarely leave negative ones but I was not impressed with the way I was treated once I had agreed to purchase the vehicle. I struggled to get the hold of the sales person throughout the purchase which was conducted online, the vehicle was not delivered on time and came we just under 9 months MOT. Very disappointed with the whole process and sales representative. To leave on a positive, I am however initially impressed with the vehicle, it came clean and well presented and so far is running fine.
Good morning Gary,we are sorry to hear this. The onsite management team have been advised.

Team PV.
First of David f was lovely perfect sales guy I would highly recommend him to anyone so I’ve given him a 5 star in recommend but unfortunately surrounded by unprofessional unhelpful people my cars engine light came on an hour away from Dundee on my way home to edinburgh I had my 10 month old in the car I called and no one got back to me I called again told to take it to Seafield again no one passed on info, turns out the passenger door doesn’t open the clutch is getting replaced and a coil spring was broken fuming and disgusted doesn’t cover it they put my self and my child at risk when I eventually spoke to Rachel all I got was all the boxes were ticked car was good as far as the care still waiting on David the manager to call I expect some sort of compensation for the stress I’ve had to endure not even had the chance to drive my car because of the lies and rubbish service done on the car and to me I wouldn’t recommend Dundee they are lucky Seafield redeemed some small amount of faith but I’m still in two minds whether or not just to cancel as it’s only been a week And it’s been nothing but problems and no one ever getting backup me makes it ten times worse, I work in customer service and I can say the staff there have none and no empathy only denial won’t be back and wouldnt recommend branch to even my worst enemy
Initially things went well. David, the sales rep was helpful and never pushy. He outlined clearly Vardy's selling policy. I viewed the car (VW 2017) once, had a test drive and decided I would buy it. I asked if they would replace at least 2 of the tyres as they were very worn. Was told Vardy policy is you get legal tyres with at least 3mm of tread. However when I returned to collect the car, the tyres I asked about had not been replaced, also at the handover I was not given an MOT certificate or any proof that a service had been done. The tyres have 3.6mm tread left but there is perishing around the outside (see photos below) which would have caused the MOT test to bring up an advisory to replace the tyres. I phoned twice and emailed about my concerns, David was never available so I was put on to other sales reps who gave excuses about the tyres. They can't afford to put new tyres on all their cars, MOTs are done off site so the paperwork must have been left behind. Assurances were given to send the MOT and service documents. David did email back to confirm I was wanting the MOT but nothing yet.I am still waiting (12 days later) for the MOT certificate of the car and a service document to confirm a service was carried out. So, this all may appear pedantic but Vardy's claim to give a 5 star service to customers doesn't stack up in my opinion. They want the customer to feel as if their problems are the customer's problems and you just have to put up with it. Once they get your money, goodbye customer care. That is not excellent customer service.
Good Morning Brian,

We are sorry to hear this. We have contacted our management team regarding this.

Team PV
After car sale very poor pick car up on 31 first of July mark on door being told someone would contact me still waiting
Good Afternoon Raymond,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this. If you have any outstanding issues please email customerservice@petervardy.com

Team PV
Very disappointing experience buying a new car. I was promised my car on the Monday but when it didn’t turn up the showroom promised a full tank of fuel. It turned up a day late and with less than half a tank of fuel. I asked for the tyres/wheels to be swapped from front axle to back axle to prolong the tyre life which the salesman agreed to, but when it was delivered the wheels were not swapped and when I asked the salesman said “there’s plenty of tread on them”. I wouldn’t recommend them to my worst enemy let alone go back for another car. Peter Vardy needs to take a long hard look at this operation, as good reputations can be tarnished by such poor actions.
Good Afternoon Kimberley ,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience. The management team have been contacted

Team PV
Service advisor was helpful in getting the car however the aftercare has been appalling.
Car was delayed in arrival, was told it would be there within a few days and took a week. After departure noticed a small dent that shouldn’t have passed peter vardy’s checks. Waited for a phone call to check how the car was which was promised within a few days. This never happened so I had to phone them.
Asked for dent to be fixed in Edinburgh to save hassle of travelling back to Dundee when based in Edinburgh was told I would be emailed about this.
Over a week later still no email so I had to phone them, apparently Edinburgh do not have a specialist to take out a small dent. Have to travel back up to Dundee and receive a curtesy car for the day. This is a hassle now I am working and a waste of my petrol on travel for an error on Peter vardys part.
Good Afternoon Katie,

Team PV
The service was terrible it took so long to get my car no one could get back to me or give me updates on time I had to keep chasing will never buy another car with Peter Vardy again, also on receiving the car it had no Sat nav disk, needed oil and both remotes needed new batteries.. I have changed the would you recommend us to 5 stars as the aftercare from Daryl has been great I am still waiting on my car going in to get bits done however but I hope this happens as promised without any hassle.
Good Afternoon Leanne,

Team PV
Initially they were great..found car and brought through from Glasgow..
All started to slide then..
We test drove car..gave list of issues..
Main thing was some dents in paintwork and most importantly the start stop function was not working.
The salesman told us the car has to be at a certain temperature for start stop to work..
I drove car for hours and tried everything to get to work but it didn't...
After only 5 days car went back in to Peter Hardy.. they then discovered that battery was gubbed and that caused start stop fail..they'd already supposedly serviced and MOTD car.
Contacting then is a nightmare..
You have to call Glasgow to be put through...there number doesn't work..
Went to collect car and they had put bumper back on so badly it was like they'd got a blind dog to putit on..headlight was mikes out from bumper.....
So car had to stay another night and day ...
They couldn't explain how the fup had happened
Went back again day later after more non calls and the dents I had questioned were still there as they had just dabbed with paint and still visible...
Shocking..
Tried to speak to a "manager" but mind ever showed..
Told them I wouldn't put a piece ov wood there for servicing and was cancelling the maintenace contract..
Sales guy said he'd be on it and speak to General Manager and get back to me today...no calls...no mails..
Just go to a garage that doesn't have big yellow ducks..
These people are charlatans..
Good Afternoon Bruce,

Thank you for your review. We Are sorry to hear this. If you have any outstanding issues please email customerservice@petervardy.com

Team PV
Staff courteous car was not there for test drive went to pick car up waited about 15 min before I was told it would not be MOT'd till next day also charged £10 for a charity
Good Afternoon David,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this. Our management team have been contacted.

Team PV
They treat you very well up until they get your money and you leave with the car. Heaven forbid if anything goes wrong with the car, because if you point it out to them their attitude changes drastically. Aftersales is shocking. Trying to get a call back is a nightmare.

They advertise on every car a 114 point mechanical check, 2 keys, minimum 9 months MOT, and a free holiday, with every car bought.

In my case one of the Key Fobs did not work, it only had 2 months MOT. I took it back two days after buying the car. I waited 3 hours for the MOT. I was eventually given a garage to take the key fob to fixed (at PV expense I will say) it took me 2 weeks for the key fob to be fixed. I asked for a courtesy car the day I took it back and was told I'd have to wait 2-3 weeks for a courtesy car. So I elected to take the key fob to the garage. I tried phoning to change the garage to one in Kirkcaldy as it was better for me. I phoned 6 times without a reply from them.

Regarding the "free holiday" , I phoned half a dozen times about getting the voucher, add to that a number of emails and then 2 phone calls to their HQ in Glasgow.

I was told by HQ staff that my voucher was to be posted out first class post that day. Waited 5 days and no voucher. Contacted HQ again put through to Dundee. He told me the voucher was in the envelope, he personally watched it, and it was to posted first class that day.

Two days later a neighbour from other end of the street brought the envelope to me. On inspection of the envelope -

The address was written in blue ink. To the left of the address the number was written in black ink. My number is 14 but the number on the envelope was 14! (14 with an exclamation mark) the exclamation mark was written in such a way that the line was in line with the 14 and the dot was a 1/16 inch below the line. so it looked like 141.

I tried to book the holiday. Only to be informed that as I had bought a car 3 years previous I couldn't get the free holiday as according to T&C's (7) states only one voucher can ever be used by one household.
Since found out that the holiday company does not do free holidays.
Worst experience. Pressure selling. Lack of empathy, Anything for a sale. Finance not explained
Left with a car which I co not want
The overall sales process and salesman was very professional and a good experience. The problems started from handover where I arrived to collect my car and found it parked out in the car park with bird faeces over it and mud along the bumper. On further inspection i discovered scratches on the car which I was told would've been buffed out before I collected. I expressed my concern to the handover salesman and he had the car cleaned and a look at the scratches. It was then booked in for a couple of weeks later to be treated as the scratches couldn't be buffed out which was fine. I was then given the keys and had to escort myself out and figure the car out myself. At this point I also discovered one of the front lights was out so again returned into the showroom to ask it be looked at. I was then told they weren't able to fix this here and I had to take it to an approved dealer to be repaired but would be covered by warranty. After booking into an approved dealer they discovered a £200 module was missing and Peter Vardy had obviously misplaced this when they tried to fix this. Therefore it was now no longer covered by warranty. Much to my anger I ended up receiving confirmation from Peter Vardy they would pay for this which was fine but when I went to collect the car from the garage they couldn't release the car to me as peter Vardy still hadn't paid. What followed as a phone call with employee from after sales who was supposed to sort this payment out. Upon his realisation that the bank transfer couldn't happen the same day in order for me to drive home, he said he'd call me back with a bank card from one of the managers to pay for. I then sat in this approved dealership for 2 hours with nothing from peter vardy. I then phoned back to be told by reception the after sales employee had now gone home and there was nobody else to assist me. In order to be able to drive home I had to pay for this repair up front myself and what followed was me being left for over 3 weeks £200 out of pocket for the month. I phoned every couple of days for this to be chased up and was given a range of excuses each time from the after sales employee, a couple of which were "I need to get a signature from one of the managers" or "I'm just dealing with another customer just now I'll phone you back shortly" only to never have my call returned. After the 3 weeks of excuses I had to drive back to Peter Vardy and ask to sit down with a manager and have this payment sorted there and then. My payment was sorted there and then, and was not a hard task at all it took all of 5 mins after explaining the terrible service I had. I was told this employees excuses were unacceptable as "getting a managers signature" takes all of 5 mins as there's managers in all week. A shocking service which is a shame because it's a great facility but the staff i dealt with and handover service I received was awful.
Sales team are great but after sales is worst I have come across
I went to this Dealer because a family member had purchased before. Whilst I have no complaint about our Salesman David Fyffe, who was excellent, once they have your money, they do not want to know you. Shocking after sales service, despite phoning 5 times since collecting my car 5 days ago and no one bothers to phone back. Car back in for work which should have been done. Took it Tuesday, told "will phone you just after 9am tomorrow to let you know how long ". NEVER happened. Phoned this morning at 10.02. Told the person I wanted to speak with was not there which was COMPLETE LIE. Ryan Fleming said "phone you back in 5 minutes". 1 hour later - no call. Car NEVER even started on !!! Now waiting on a call back in "10 minutes".......NOT HAPPENED. DO NOT GO TO PETER VARDY
Absolutely diabolical.! I've only given 1 star because there isn't an option for no stars. Purchased a car from PV Dundee on the 21st August, still haven't recieved the car even though they took thousands of pounds off me and my old car as part-exchange. Three times they have said the car would be ready, it was meant to be finally delivered to our house yesterday 06/09/19, but no car and not even a phone call to say why. Excuse after excuse, I even emailed the CEO, but guess what, no reply. Buy a car from these at your peril.!!!
Good Afternoon Michael,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear the service fell below the 5 stars we aim to provide. Please contact our Customer Service team at customerservice@petervardy.com and they will be happy to assist you with any concerns.

Team PV
sales staff ok, after sales horrendous, had my car since last Friday, only had it a week noticed a steering fault needed new rack so Dundee could not carry out this job so told on Monday my car was on way to Edinburgh to get repaired, today wednesday get call from warranty company asking for permission to pick my car up,to say astonished would be an understatement, the lying toads at Dundee said my car was in Edinburgh. Will never go near them again, in fact looking at rejecting the car as not fit for purpose, they mot,d the car week before I got it wish I had involved vosa
Estimated date to receive my car was 23/6/19, was told I could collect my car on the 28/6/19 1700 turned up to the car store completed all paperwork paid road tax and insurance aswell as a deposit to find out my car had a scratch along the rear quarter panel, the car hadn’t been valeted properly either so ended up leaving the car store with no car was told the car would be getting sorted first thing in the morning 29/6/19 ready to collect on the 30/6/19 received a phone call on the 29/6/18 to say my car wouldn’t be ready on the 30/6/19 asked when my car would ready but they couldn’t give me a date, I was offered an curtesy car on the 29/6/18 if I could collect it between 10-4 on 30/6/18 but I wasn’t in Scotland in this time. Now the 1/7/19 no idea when my car will be ready to be collected.
CarStore Dundee is rated 4.77 based on 2,567 reviews