CarStore Dundee Reviews

CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 20th November 2019
Barry Sharp
CarStore Dundee 5 star review on 22nd October 2019
Bruce Smith
Would like to say car fob battery could not get in to car had to replace battery still awaiting 2nd key set plus new mot plus peg for boot cover as promised lots more but bad scratch on windscreen and small hole on drivers seat
Good Morning Stewart,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this. Our management team have been contacted regarding this.

Team PV
Overall experience was satisfactory, reason for not rating higher was regarding V5C document transfer. I forgot at the time to ask the procedure and unfortunately I was not informed that the garage would handle returning the document to DVLA, which would then allow me to be reimbursed for the remaining 10 months of road tax. Hopefully this is the case, although it took me three phone calls to confirm this.
Good Afternoon Peter,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this. Our management have been contacted regarding this issue.

Team PV
Too early to make a proper opinion, car to be returned for some "finishing work.
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your review. We Really appreciate this. Hopefully we will be up to our best standards on your next review.

Team PV
Sales team was good but attention to detail and getting issues resolved seems to be taking a very long time. Had the car a month and simple stuff not fixed.
Good Morning Tony,

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate this. We will chase these issues up with our management team.

Team PV
Whilst trying to purchase a car everything went and I got call backs and emails pretty quick. I collected the which had an engine management light on the dash which I was told about and since then no one returns my calls or replies to my emails and I’m now nearly 3 weeks after buying the car and it’s still not fixed and still waiting on some money being returned to me so all in all I’m not very happy
Good Afternoon Adrian,

Thank you for your review. if you have any outstanding issues can you please contact customerservice@petervardy.com to get these resolved.

Team PV
Sales very good but watch out for all the add on's, including admin fees.
Manager had a bad attitude when asked about these and they still have not explained this.
Good Morning Robert,

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear this. We have contacted management regarding this.

Team PV
To focused on the sale and poor after care.
Good
got the car I wanted
pickup day/handover was quick

Bad
too many overdressed salesmen who take ages to do anything, waste an hour before a test drive
no commmon sense, dont want to give you the mats that come with car
have no interest in part exchange
the Ikea resembling store is not a nice place, very cheap, tacky, seating areas all over the place and annoying flashy lights, awful pop music.

I didnt take any extras from Peter Vardy, I wont be back and do not reccomend.
Now just to get the Peter Vardy logo removed from my licence plate.
Thought the customer service was brilliant right up to the point the money had been handed over. The faults that had been raised had not been fixed and I was told someone would call me to arrange a suitable time to get them fixed.
This is not happened. Poor show. Have had the faults fixed through another company which I arranged myself. Won’t be going back.
The location of the car store was easy to find. The car salesman (Mr Andrew Sauerweis) was very pleasant to communicate with and his enthusiasm showed in my dealings with him. A vehicle was viewed which met my requirements and a deposit was paid. I returned a few days later as planned to collect the car (Skoda Yeti - CF17 CWE). I was concerned that the car had 3 different brands of tyres fitted and no 2 tyres (the same) were fitted on the same axel. I was informed this was acceptable and roadworthy. I would have given a higher satisfaction score however the following items were not issued with the car: 1. The SD Card to operate the Amundsen Sat Nav System (informed it was secured away for safe-keeping but not issued to me). 2. No Skoda Yeti User Operation & Instruction Manual. 3. No original Skoda Yeti Vehicle Service History Book (a temporary Peter Vardy Service Booklet was located in the glove compartment - but it isn't the same as the original book). It would be appreciated if the SD Card and outstanding/missing manuals could be located. Thank you. Mr R L Russell
The Sales part of the Sale was 100% No Problems.
S Sales Not so Good My Car had to go back to Garage 3 desperate Times to get repaired only once Did I get a Courtesy Car. All 3 repairs should have been picked up before It went for Sale I lost nearly 2 Weeks of use of My Car.
Philip Hart.
Felt a great deal of pressure to buy the car, which was very disappointing as I saw a more expensive car in the premium show room that I preferred. However on the train journey from Kent I received a text asking if I had transferred the money yet (I hadn’t even seen the car) and the manager was hovering whilst I was reminded on several occasions that the accountant was waiting somewhere to confirm the transfer had been successful . Further one or two things on the description of the car seem to be missing and I haven’t yet received my free holiday confirmation (with every purchase) as offered to me as an incentive to buy the car. I’m sure the month end statistics hampered my getting the deal I wanted and pushed those in situ to push the sale, however notwithstanding my feeling pressured I await my promotion incentive.
Would rather not write a review
Unorganised handling of my purchase, constantly having to give my details to who ever was dealing with me every time i contacted the carstore, very slow feed back on progress, had to take time of work to finalise the deal as nobody seemed interested in my business. 1 key handed over with car no sd card for sat nav,parcel shelf broken, still have no idea of progress of these problems, had to report these problems myself as no one from carstore took ownership of said problems.
very disappointed that got car home dead in morning cant get into it phoned and told I and I mean I had to phone breakdown team to recover car got home phoned and on hold went past 5.30 either pay for recovery or phone today waiting for txt or call when they get here to start car ?? within 16 hours I phoned and I should have not had to get car opened by phoning myself to get recovery that passing the buck not happy at all and rear brakes binding and test drive salesman did say that be fixed and is not fixed and 2 little interior lights not working
Very personal sales service , made to feel like a valued customer. The handover side of things is less personal and not very well organised. Would feel more comfortable dealing with one sales person from the beginning to the end of the experience and not being passed over to different departments all the time.
Service was prompt and efficient. Car was clean and available to test drive. On the negative side staff demonstrated little knowledge of model make or comparative specifications of car. Some pressure selling - ie informed that my £100 holding deposit would last until 12.00 on morning after day of viewing and that someone else was ready to buy car, (implication that it was great car) - if not bought by me. Manager confirmed this. Thus no attempt to help me make a decision by lowering price or offering me more in part exchange. Given time I had invested I bought car. Did I get a good deal? Probably an average one- but only time will tell. Since I could not afford a years warranty, this will be in three months!
Selecting the car and taken for a test drive could not fault, was able to take the car for a good run and find out all the information about the model which kind of sold the car for me as liked it straight away. Going through the sale of the and trade in of my vehicle again was straight forward, no hard sell got all the information I need and was very happy when I left the garage. What let down my whole experience was the handover. Arranged to collect the Wednesday then had to change it to Friday. Dropped my car off signed all the papers and after 2 hours of waiting around was taken home as again problem with the finance and eventually got to collect my car the Sunday. Took the fun and excitement out of it and also Valet was poor as found glass in back seat, parking ticket stuck down windscreen and back of passenger seats filthy so had to organise my own valet the Monday morning. Sales, Test drive and initial appointment great but the rest a let down
I was very happy with the standard the car was prepped too.
Great Customer Services with our sales advisor Jordan, couldn't fault him. Aftercare hasn't been so good, awaiting service history being sent out, a replacement part for seat and also the phone call to arrange for the second key to be coded at my home address.
CarStore Dundee is rated 4.77 based on 2,554 reviews